Deep within the Bowels of the Rock-Beast [OPEN]

Ball deep within the Castle

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ball on June 1st, 2012, 5:41 pm

1st of Summer 512 AV
The pycon's rounded body came to a stop against the large furry paw of his companion. With no words spoken between the two the pycon settled itself there with a quiver of movement as the dog shuffled into a laying position behind and surrounding the Pycon. It was another day in this large 'rock-beast' that was constantly convoluted with larger pycons of all shapes, makes and kind.

The Pycon was rather frightened and unable to really figure out its surroundings, let alone get to a higher level within the castle [the castle is what Ball calls the 'rock-beast'], he barely managed to purchase his furry companion. Not able to speak a lick of words the little ball of clay just spit the required Miza out of his body.

Unable to reconfigure his form into something other than the ball of clay that he is, the Pycon struggled to purchase the dog and was still exhausted from the task of mending himself. The rest of his Miza and shrunkened belongs buried within the center of his form.

Others walking past the Pycon and his furry companion would see a mangy looking 'stray' dog guarding a ball of brownish colored clay.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on July 18th, 2012, 3:59 pm

The proud Knight walked through the hallowed halls of the Fortress City of Peace. He was not wearing his armor or anything as it was his off duty. Clad in a soft, gray tunic and gray pants, Imass walked the streets with his hands in his pocket and his head down this day. He watched his feet as he stepped. The Akalak tried to make each stride as even as possible. He never skipped a beat and never stepped on any cracks in the floor. It was just an old habit from his childhood days.

After walking down the long corridor in the city, he lost track of all time. He forgot where he was going and why. It wasn't important or anything, but Imass had successfully gotten lost on his walk. Regardless, there was a smile on his face and a twinkle in his eye. He was feeling awesome that morning and he had just finished meditating so his mind was clear and peaceful.

Stress free and worry free he came upon a stray guard dog that was just sitting in the street. From his perspective he could not see the ball of clay that was sitting right next to the dog. The Akalak warrior's initial reaction was to head towards the dog. Changing his course of direction, the warrior walked straight to the stray dog.

Taking some of his rations in hand, he knelt about ten yards away from the dog and started to call for it, "Here doggie! Here doggie! I got some food for you." The Akalak held out a hand full of jerky. He was certain the dog would come closer, "Come here pal! I got some food for you."

Imass still had no idea that the clay Pycon even existed. He thought the dog was a stray.
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on July 18th, 2012, 4:09 pm

The ball of clay didn't shift its position as the dog shifted to sniff the food afford to it. Always acting the part the shop keep said. The dog however didn't move any farther then a foot from the ball of clay resting on the floor. It was a hestitant dog, not wanting to leave its ball alone it quickly skittered back and sat behind the ball.

With a slight nudge to the dog's paw, barely noticeable hopefully by the larger two-legged Pycon, Ball gaver permission for the dog to take the food. Away the dog bounded away, happily bouncing up to lick the giver's face and slobberly gobble the jerky from out of the man's hand before returning to the clay ball left on the floor.

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on July 18th, 2012, 4:24 pm

The stray dog began to edge closer to Imass, but something held the animal back. Imass was a Knight and he could spot a trained animal from afar. Whatever this dog was it wasn't going to come to the Akalak. Whoever had trained it, had told the dog to stay. Imass frowned but tried again anyways, "Don't worry doggie no one is around, and come eat!"

At his last words the dog suddenly turned around and sat behind the Pycon ball. Imass still didn't notice the clay. The Pycon did not register in his mind just yet because he wasn't looking for it. He was still staring at the dog that was making a soft noise.

Suddenly after a second, the dog leap forward to rushed to Imass' location, eating the piece of meat out of his hands. The Akalak started to pet the dog and rub him, "Good dog! You’re a good dog! What's your name pal?" However the dog wasn't interested in the blue-man's attention and returned to its position near the Pycon.

This confused Imass even more, but that is when he saw the 3 inch ball of clay the guard seemed to be sitting next to. The Akalak raised an eyebrow. Perhaps the dog was guarding the clay. Imass crept closer to the animal with another piece of jerky in his hand, "Good dog! Good dog! I just want to pet you."

He took a couple of steps closer and judged the animal's reaction. If the dog was friendly enough, he would continue slowly until he was in range to pet the dog again.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on July 18th, 2012, 4:33 pm

The knight inched closer and the ball rolled backwards under the dog's torso. As if on instinct the dog hunched down, omitted a growl, yet remained seated. A warning was all that was. Once the growl tapered off the ball rolled out just a little, asif to feel or see the larger 'pycon' of the 'rock-beast'

When Ball could register that the man wasn't going to back away he bounced sharply up towards the man before dropping quickly to the ground, there just wasn't enough force or motion from sitting still to get the air he needed to man the large 'pycon' startled enough. The really neat thing though was the fact that when Ball jumped forward the dog swiped it's paw forward as if pushing the pycon into the air.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on July 18th, 2012, 4:42 pm

As Imass got closer, the dog suddenly hunched down ontop of the clay ball and omitted a low growl. The Akalak knew what this type of sound meant and stopped. The animal was serious about the clay object and was not about to give it up for anyone. Imass continued smiling, "Don't worry doggie, I don't want to take your toy away from you! I just want to feed you." He held the same piece of jerky and continued smiling, but he dared not move closer. He did not want to scare the dog.

Imass waited patiently, "Good dog...Good dog..." Suddenly the clay ball flew up in the air inbetween the dog and the Knight. Imass smiled when he finally realized that the dog had swiped the ball towards him, "Do you want to play catch with me? Is that why you tossed me this ball?"

The Knight leaned forward, reaching out towards the Pycon. If the dog allowed it, he would throw the ball of clay down the corridor for the dog to fetch.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on July 18th, 2012, 5:03 pm

The dog lunged with a snarl towards Imass, being only a riding dog it wasn't the biggest most dangerous dog, but it still had teeth and it knew how to use them. So it opened and snapped it's jaw against the first three fingers of Imass's hand, not hard enough to break bone or severe the fingers, but definately hard enough to cause a little bleeding.

The pycon did what he knew best, rolled behind the dog rather quickly and cower there, not really understanding why the dog attacked. He saw the jerky, the man reaching for him. The large pycon thought I was a toy... Ball could see the man thought the dog was a stray and overly protective of what it did own. Ball did what he could to try and get the dog to release, a quick bounce to the back of the dog's hindleg, but of course it didn't work.

Release dog. Release.

[ooc]dog biting Imass was allowed by IMass

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on July 18th, 2012, 5:22 pm

Before Imass could pick up the clay ball the dog lunged forward and bit him in the hand. The dog barely let out a snarl before attacking the Knight's hand. The Akalak let out a yelp and started tugging his hand back, but the dog would not let go, "What are you doing?!" Imass yelled. As a warrior he had felt much more pain before. He wasn't going to die from this bite, but it definitely hurt him.

"Let go you damned dog!!" the Knight screamed once more. Twisting and jerking his hand, the warrior attempted to loosen the grip of the animal, "NO! STOP! NO!" He shouted at the dog, but no luck.

That is when Imass noticed that the ball itself was jumping up and down behind the dog. His eyes widened in disbelief and he momentarily forgot about the dog, "What...the.." he muttered to himself.

Tired of playing games with the dog, he stood up and started twisting and jerking the dog in the air. The small riding dog would only be able to hold on so long. It's jaw strength surely wasn't enough to hold on more than a few seconds.

When the animal finally released it's grip, Imass would lick any blood from his hand and nurse it for a few minutes. The injury wouldn't be that bad. It would probably scab over-night.

If the dog still showed hostility, then Imass would take care of the dog first before offering more food. If the dog allowed it he would try to feed it another piece of jerky as a piece offering. The Knight would squat back down and hold his hand out again if the dog was passive. "Good dog, good dog, I am sorry for trying to grab your...ball...Good dog! You are a good dog." Although the Akalak was speaking to the stray his eyes were on the clay ball. Was he imagining things when he saw it literally JUMP? If it wasn't for this fact, he would have probably kicked the dog and went on his way. He was staring at the clay ball now.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Ball on July 18th, 2012, 5:36 pm

The dog immediately released the Alakak's hand. It was hard for such a small dog to hold on with all the flailing the guy was doing. While the dog landed with a thud it quickly recovered and went to licking it's 'wounds' and being content. When the blue one offered jerky the dog took it willingly almost timidly.

The Ball however, the focus of attention now swayed slightly in place, as if it was coming to a halt in a slightly curved divet in the ground. Once it stopped moving the ball did nothing.

As the dog took to munching on the jerky the pycon couldn't resist a shivering movement as his whole rounded shape rippled before settling back into a ball.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Imass on July 18th, 2012, 5:50 pm

The dog finally settled down and began to munch on his hoard of jerky. Imass had given him at least a quarter of days’ worth of trail food, so he would be at the meat for a good time.

Focusing on the clay ball now, the Akalak witnessed as the Pycon began swayed to a full stop. It was completely still now. Imass continued to stare and absent-mindedly saying "Good Dog" every once in a while.

Suddenly the ball of clay rippled. The small clay rippled as if it was water. It rippled for a little bit, then it returned back to its original perfectly round form. The Akalak had never encountered a Pycon before, and if he did he forgot. His eyes were wide with astonishment, but he didn't know what to think.

His curious nature took over completely now. Using the index finger of his un-injured hand, the Akalak slowly inched his hand closer to the clay ball. All he wanted to do was poke it. He just wanted to touch it one time if the dog allowed it.

"What are you?" Imass said as he got closer and closer to poking the ball of clay.

OOC- removed quarter of a days rations from ledger.
Imass

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)