(Quest) A Mystery Darkening(Hadrian and others)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Archelon on June 9th, 2012, 10:15 am

"A Mystery Darkening"

To those who approached Sunberth by the sea in the morning, the sight of miles and miles of jagged coastline would only be varied by the enshrouding mists which brushed the waters. Coming south past the horn of the continent where Sahova's volcanic rock perched upon the back of the world might have been a shock enough to unsettle anyone's nerves. A vague uneasy feeling that might linger in the heart and continue onwards with such mariners like a silent traveler.

But even leaving the distant view of Sahova long behind them would not completely relieve the sense of being in some great darkness' shadow. A shadow that seemed to follow them for days as they continued their journey southwards towards the port of Sunberth. A place they would eventually reach, but only after passing the startling view of lodestar island.

A place that few even remembered was part of Sunberth. A place even fewer dared to tread. The only gain the party had upon this derelict shrine to Sunberth's past was the tall flickering bit of flames coming from the old lighthouse tower. A beacon to guide them through the morning mists, and bearing them even more of a warning of dangers then any sight which had before. It's guiding flame of wood and smoke tended by the most unruly lot of daggerhands as several small ships, schooners, and 'tarrif' vessels dotted the isle's coastline, hunching like beetles before the pitiful sight of robern's sea tarrif keep.

A keep, made of man, dwarfed by the long lost elegance of the manor's spindling towers. Yes it was a warning, and for those familiar with it, a simple reminder of the town's history. Important, but only truly remembered by the locals. And yes, as the ship rounded the bend and entered the fetid waters of Sunberth's baroque bay, those sailors onboard who knew what cesspool they were walking into made brief prayers to Laviku and other gods that they would sail back out.

For three people on the deck of the vessel coming into harbor, the experience would only be the start of a strange, trying time. For as far as they could see when the vessel landed at the harbor, the summer morning mists would shroud the docks, only one or two dockmeisters braved the scene with lanterns stood waving vessels to open ports as the ship came to be tied up. Dock 'expenses' were waged, and dues were exchanged, for only the foolhardy came here without enough coin to ensure their ship would still be present later, and then the three were ready to disembark about their business.

Three unknowns involved in the rather tedious affair of navigating the streets, getting their supplies, and getting back to their journey southwards towards Zeltiva. After all, who really wished to stay in Sunberth long?

This place could kill you.

Every alley, every alcove , every person who greeted you with a smile was sure to possess some form of harm if you let your guard down. But the anonymity of being unknown largely protected one if one stayed to the crowds or taverns leaving one only to be concerned by pickpockets, and less 'fatal' assaults to one's personages.

But for all their anonymity, for all the protection that comes with being unknown. There was always a chance that it would not shield someone. Always a chance that the protection being a new face would not be afforded to those who watched for so long. Not if one was useful...

As the three together made their journey through the mist filled streets, a small candle on an outdoor table would come alight at their approach. Seeming as much a beacon as the lighthouse to the ship they had come in on, the warm candle's glow beckoned them ever closer to a stranger sight. A woman, beautifully pale, and gazing out at the streets with a vague sense of sadness was there. Just drinking her morning tea, and there were four other coasters of the steaming beverage already set out. As if waiting, waiting for a few people to arrive... with a small forlorn smile on her face.

As the trio tried to pass by in the somewhat unpopulated streets, the woman's voice would call to them. "Hadrian Aellus, yes... is that your name? I've been waiting for you to arrive." The three, startled or no would pause a moment to look in this person's direction. For indeed this woman had been waiting this morning. Waiting with a purpose, for sometimes that very act of doing nothing but waiting might bring to one an answer that was needed... "Perhaps , introductions are in order for your friends as well, Xnnn and Lucius Aries, or was it Lucas? I believe there will only be one other person joining us today, I'm not sure whom but I may recognize him when I see him." As if meeting total strangers and assuming they were already invited for tea was commonplace, especially when addressing them by name. However, the woman barely batted an eyelash before she continued. "Oh where are my manners? It's been so long since I entertained. My name is Lucerne, would you three join me for some tea? Quickly now, before it gets cold."
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Hadrian on June 10th, 2012, 7:52 am

As they had made their way down the eastern coast of the continent, port by port, they drew ever closer to his goal: Zeltiva and his ancestor's bequest. But he was wise enough to stop and smell the roses along the way, or at least seek out knowledge where he could. They could not secure a ship to Zeltiva for another few days yet, and so there was time for tomfoolery.

He was glad that he had been able to persuade Aurrealis to stay behind. Sunberth was dangerous enough, but poking around in and around the anarchist city was even more perilous. Between Kendall and Ethan, the lad should be safe, and Hadrian was glad to have the former squire and the fearsome Kelvic here with him should his magic prove insufficient to the task of keeping them safe.

As they walked ashore, his senses were open to the auras around them, keen to flickers of ill will, and then there was the woman and the tea. He sighed and sat down at the table, beckoning the others to follow his lead. Taking his cup in hand, he delved within its chavena for contributions of murderous intent.

"It were best you kept those names to yourself," he suggested quietly, without malice, only a politesse not often to be found in Sunberth and its environs. "Hadrian Aelius, Xnnn, Lucas Arias." The corrections were slight, but they were made. If he ever did make it to Zeltiva and got employment on the faculty of the University, he would be one of the more exigent instructors, but those were the best teachers.

The effects of the storm, at least, had been muted with his godsgrace of illusion, hair its normal brown so dark it might as well have been black, his eyes a blue still striking if no longer preternatural. Even his aura was muted, so only another master aurist might have a chance to see through him.

"What have you got for us?" he asked, and he would drink, but only if he could detect nothing to harm him.
Last edited by Hadrian on June 12th, 2012, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on June 10th, 2012, 3:27 pm

It would have been a normal morning for Kreig, but the passing of a few weeks was like a passing of a few days 'Not enough' Not like time would be able to erase such a memory, he remembered the battle he had with the man who attempted to kill him and take over the Crimson Edge turf he was protecting and how it simply ended with a child's death by his hands. It had brought him nightmares over and over, his fists accidently knocking the lad away with the back of his metal guantlets and him trying to wake the child, while more memory than nightmare, it was all the same as his body recieved little rest 'Was better than none' He said as he walked the paths, heading towards the Skimpering Seacrow. Kreig looked like something the cat dragged in, his smell as putrid as any sailor and fishy goods at the docks and his hair was longer and messier than it was before. His facial features needed a shave as a dirty stuble adorned the side of his face and chin, if anything he looked like something the cat would have left behind as his usual smile was lost as he constantly remembered his sin

As he approached the docks he looked around, perhaps already missing those he was supposed to meet "In my best interested they said" He recalled bitterly, a letter had been left in his room telling him to come here, he didn't know how they went into his room and placed the letter while he just layed there on the bed, but it was of little concern to him since it was nothing knew 'In my state I suppose a loud boisterous drunk could be in there and I wouldn't notice unless he kissed my on the lips' He shuddered at the last thought, after a bit more wondering he saw a very very pale women who may as well could have absorbed the sunlight and return it as cod vapor, of course right now it was misty but it could be thenconverted sunlight.

Approahng the table he looked around and tried to give a polite smile "I do hope I'm not late for the party, I had nothing to wear but these drab old smelly rags"He gave a weak chuckle as he then frowned "My name is Kreig Messer, pleasure to meet you all.... A pale lady and....well you blokes are rather clean so I'd imagine you all tourists".
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Lucas Arias on June 11th, 2012, 12:03 pm

Lucas had not expected that they would stop in Sunberth. He had thought they would go straight to Zeltiva so that Hadrian could start his new job as son as possible, but he didn't mind. Back when he had been a squire in Syliras he had always dreamed of seeing the world. Sunberth was definitely an interesting city even though his dear parents would have a heart attack if they knew that he was in such a lawless place. As far as they were concerned Sunberth stood for everything that was wrong with the world.

He didn't feel particularly uneasy as they approached the harbour. On the contrary, he looked at it fascinatedly and immediately produced a piece of paper. Sunberth might kill him if he stayed here longer than absolutely necessary, but it was still worth drawing. A few quick strokes, and he had sketched the jagged coastline, then came the lighthouse and the keep. He would colour the drawing when they had reached their inn or whatever other place Hadrian intended to spend the night.

As they walked through the city, he watched his surroundings closely. Despite everything the former squire was not stupid. He knew that Sunberth's reputation was at least in part deserved, and thus his hand was never too far from the hilt of his sword (a very nice longsword that his father had given to him when he had become a squire). He wasn't really scared though. It was more of a precautionary measure.

At the sight of the woman, sitting at that small table, drinking her tea, he made a face. "I didn't know you were going to meet somebody here", he murmurred to Hadrian. The mage certainly had strange friends.

"You can call me Lucius as well if you want to. I don't really care. Lucius is a great name", he said to the woman. He felt rather generous at the moment. "But how do you know about me? Did Hadrian tell you?" He furrowed his brow.

Even though he found the woman's behaviour strange to say the least, he accepted the offer of tea with a smile. It was just what he needed after the long boat trip. Tea always helped to calm his stomach down.

It was then that he noticed Kreig's arrival. The man was dirty and didn't exactly inspire trust - in short he looked rather interesting. Was he the one that Lucerne was waiting for? The situation had just gotten another bit stranger ...

"I'm not a tourist", he insisted. "At least I'm not here to see the sights. I'm more or less passing through."

"So what is this little gathering about?" he wanted to know as he drank from his tea.
Lucas Arias
Ser Lucas Dyres!

Words: 231699
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2011, 12:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Archelon on November 8th, 2012, 8:06 am

mysterious man's theme song: :

Hadrian's delving of the teacup's history would belie no bit of poison, only a very old blend of leaves, and some spices not native to Sunberth's shores. There was nothing added, only as it was. The woman smiled, as the mists around the group grew colder, "The purpose of this little meeting is about a job, young Kreig."

Yes the woman knew the newcomer's name.

Perhaps this was the person the woman, nay the ghost was waiting for?

"A very specific job, but one's whose details is not for me to tell. For that you will have to ask... him"

With those words, the mists outside of Simpering Seacow became shrouded even deeper with a sudden onset of trailing mists, cold enough to frost windows, and seep about the edges of the table. The hairs on the back of one's neck would start shivering.The mists growing ever thicker, to the point where the party could not see more then a foot around them as the noise began to be heard. The distant sound of clopping hooves on stone echoed in their ears, creating a tempo that kept pace with their quickening heartbeats, accompanied by the high braying of a horse growing ever closer.

A carriage at full speed.

Beside the woman, the party would simply suffer to drink their warm tea to ward off the coming chill.

They did not have to wait long.

For in less then a minute a driver's voice would cry out "Woah" as barely three feet from them, a large ornate black carriage drew to a sudden halt. For a time, the horses stilled, back into complete silence, not even breathing. Why were they not breathing?

Hadrian would glance out of the corner of his eye to see the milk white gaze of an animal. It's eyes blind, it's mane tarnished and stiff. By god, the horse drawing the carriage was not alive at all. It was a well preserved, nuit of a horse.

The sheer amount of skill to craft such a thing as an animal would have to have been enormous. But the enormity of that revelation was nothing compared to the carriage itself. Ornate runes were fashioned dark red bloodstones , arranged and patterned into black walls, lined with skulls of living creatures seeming sutured into the carriage itself, some of the greatest predators Mizahar had ever known, all mounted on the frame made of gebon and black ebony. It's lines, gilded with care, and if the party could note, d-wire inlay the type that the nuits of sahova used. Save that it was made with silver, and gold, which would have glinted majestically if not for the darkness of the mists enshrouding the carriage.

The driver, a human man, of no discernable features to make him stand out slowly got down from the carriage's forestep and lumbered over to the door of carriage itself, before staring at them. His features not withstanding, his clothes were of the highest quality, and steel green eyes gazed deeply at the them before he spoke. "Ah, young Lucas , young Krieg, and young Hadrian."

The porter had addressed the mage by his name.

B-Y H-I-S N-A-M-E.

The porter went on as if this was nothing of import. " The Master has arrived to discuss a matter of business with young Aellus... and his party."

The porter looked over at the group, eyeing them a moment before standing straight to compose himself to open the door. From his position from where the porter stood beside the carriage door, Hadrian was offered a faint view of the inside. He might espy, that the carriage possessed a single individual inside. A tall stern figure they could not completely make out, as his features were obscured, however he would note the end of a cane capped in a silver skull with eyes of red rubies staring at them all.

Whatever their thoughts were they would be jolted from his stupor at the porter's voice "The Master, as a generous and most urgent need would like to discuss the hiring of your services henceforward immediately for a task that requires... certain skills which only those present here possess. Please, finish your tea and enter the cabin at your leisure. "

With no further words, the porter stepped to the side and bowed with his hat.

If they dared happen to glance back at where the woman had been, they would find her to have disappeared... only the carriage awaited them now.

From the window, a gnarled finger pointed at Hadrian and his fellows and beckoned them inside. Whether or not the mage or his compatriots would try to go with was best left up to the two of them. One thing was for sure, if Hadrian did enter the carriage: his views of Sunberth would never be the same.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Hadrian on November 8th, 2012, 8:36 am

The breadth of Hadrian's studies had brought him into the realm of spiritism; he would not call himself a great necromancer, but he could parlay with spirits, feed them, craft fetishes from their bones, and the like. Every application of magic was interesting to him, if only to add to his hoard of knowledge. And so his senses were tingling and aware of the presence of a ghost, whether the woman was one or was haunted by one.

He was suddenly glad Xnnn had not accompanied Lucas and him, as Kelvics would likely react with an atavistic fear to such things as an animal would. Nodding a terse greeting to Kreig, he sipped his tea and waited for the carriage to arrive. They hadn't long to wait, and he was glad of the tea, which seemed to stave off some of the chill of the grave.

Lucerne had known their names, and so too did this driver. It seemed logical to cooperate for the time being; this was not his city and they were prepared for him. But he would not force Lucas to accompany him. Their agreement had not covered such as this. He didn't even sigh as his surname was misspoken. It was a waste of effort to correct them again, but it was good to know that they could make mistakes too. Whether friend or foe, it was good to know them in as much detail as possible.

He felt a ripple across his senses, attuned as they were now to the spirit world for all the soulmist he had fed to passing specters. Lucerne was gone; a ghost, then. Still admiring the coach, he finished the last of his tea and set it aside. Standing up, he smoothed out his clothes, offered Kreig another nod and Lucas a dubious smile. Who knew if they would come too?

But Hadrian nodded to the coachman and climbed in to meet this shadowy figure.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on November 10th, 2012, 12:12 pm

To say things were spooky was an understatement, the fact the women knew his name bothered him little truth be told. He simply chalked up as one of the powerful factions of Sunberth calling for a 'favor', one he simply couldn't refuse. He smiled slighlty at the 'tourists', took a seat and sipped from the tea. He wasn't used to the taste, it was 'rich' Was that the word? In anycase it was different from his usual beverages of ale, water or juices.

The weather was cold, unusual for summer but then again it was still the beginning of the season? Nothing too odd after all, especially compared to the first day of madness that engulfed the entirety of the land. Then came the carriage, that was when Kreig realized he may be in something big.... It was a frightening looking thing, the horses themselves were enough to make the Brawler feel weary but the Carriage itself felt like something different altogether. It wasn't something one would see in Sunberth and while he couldn't say he knew much about the Syndicates in detail he doubted they would have such a morbid or eerie looking carriage with such equally disturbing horses leading them.

The Porter came out of the carriage, looking like a rich know it all as his steely gaze looked upon them and called out their names one by one. Again for Kreig, the fact they knew their names hadn't concerned him. If, and that was a pretty big if, they were affiliated with the syndicates they could know their names with simply a snap of their fingers as they sit on their high horse 'But....they might not be any of the factions' That was the possibility, but their was no time to dive deeper into such thoughts, none at all.

This 'Master' was awaiting them from within the carriage, Hadrian gave him a nod as if saying he was going for it. Kreig hesitated for a moment, only for that single moment, before deciding to do the same and enter the carriage, not bothering looking back to see if the Pale Lady was still sitting behind them or not. It was either risk it or not.....besides, it was something to do.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Archelon on November 10th, 2012, 11:32 pm

ParticipantsI presume only Hadrian and Krieg will be in on this now due to prior pms?

When Hadrian entered the coach, he would note that the inside was as adorned as the out. The interior was covered in the blackest of leather, the seats by contrast was a deep incardinine red, and their were belts for passengers to wear if the carriage reached speeds that would normally jostle them from their chair. The strange thing, perhaps, was the carriage was far more roomy then perhaps it should have been. To a calculating eye, one might notice the interior possessed a few more inches of headroom then what normally would be thought from without. Perhaps it was merely a deceptive work of a master craftsmen?

Perhaps it was not.

It was as if the entire ambience of the carriage was built for a mourner.

But what was being mourned might never be known.

When Krieg followed the mage into the coach's cabin, the ruby red eyes of the skull topped cage would draw his attention the most. For it seemed to focus his gaze, consuming his attention. Leaving the figure behind it only noted, in passing, as being eloquently garbed, and attired, yet in a style long since forgotten, or at least several centuries out of date. All covered by a leather overcoat of black. At this closer range then before, the top half of the figures face would remain shadowed, hard to focus upon for either of the two men. But faint wisps of white could be seen near a mouth, whethered with age, escaped from an egalitarian cut of a hairstyle pulled back and bound with plaited braids.

A faint ball of mist would appear next to the man as the porter closed the door. Then, it would see to stretch into the shadows, before disappearing again. For a moment, just a moment, the hands on top of the cane would fold in upon themselves as if hopeful the others would enter, and yet they did not.

Eventually the porter closed the door, and remounted the high box. The figure's chin turned back towards Hadrian and Kreig, "Aellus is a very old form of a name. Along its historical lineage of changes it transmuted from prior names of prior households and places. Aellus, from Aellerius, and then Aellerion, and then Aeltarion and so on and so forth. Each prior name descendant from the latter. I sometimes forget how names change over time is a natural progression of sorts, though I should perhaps remember that we sometimes forget names change in shorter spans of time. Though in reality, names hint a bit of belonging, as well as a bit of power, of connections to the past that we must ever strive to remember.

The ancient figure raised a hand from the cane to tap at his chin, "I must say that the last time I met an Aellus, when the name was that was when they were just beginning to establish a keep between Sunberth and Zeltiva. I remember they once possessed quite an orchard of apples, peaches and fruit that were useful for their guests to dine upon. Have you ever been there young Hadrian Aelius?"

The final time the old man spoke it was with the inflection of current times. The same corrective that Hadrian had spoken beyond this man's earshot before.

The figure then roamed over to kreig, as a slight chuckle raspy with effort came. "Ah, a so called, self professed, educated brawler. I'd like you to know that seems to amuse me. Perhaps later, if you begin to embark upon this journey to its completion, that may become truer then you'll ever know."

The hands crossed again before resting atop the skull topped cane, "Alas, the time for small pleasantries of an old man are secondary to the matter I requested you all to join me to discuss here. A matter of business holds it's greatest import for us now. So I'll speak plainly, I need you both to assist in the recovery of a certain object of some importance. An object lost for centuries that must be found. An object I need both of your talents to find. If you do choose to assist us,"

The man's worlds would fade as the misty whisp would appear again, and the faintest sorrowful whisper could be heard before it faded out and left the carriage for the last time, "Nader-sutlas Irstisikai."

A moment longer passed as the man in black nodded solemnly as if to no one before he continued "As I was saying, if you do choose to assist us this day, you will be compensated for your time and efforts. How that is to be done, is open to suggestions now."

The man would fall silent, his face still enshadowed, hands resting upon the cane's top. Merely waiting for a reply.
[/color]
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Hadrian on November 11th, 2012, 3:19 am

Hadrian had not spent a great deal of time in Sunberth over the years, but this was certainly his strangest experience. His eyes took in the interior of the coach, the strangeness of it, and the man with his ephemeral companion. He sensed death and age and power all around him, and he estimated the dimensions of the interior, running the numbers in his head; the mathematics said something was rotten in the city-state of Sunberth, but he could not be certain without measuring the exterior and the interior dimensions. But to his auristic sense, the glyphs were certainly changing something. What, he could not yet say.

The man gave him a lineage of his father's name. Genealogy had been his passion at a very young age, but he had never gone so far back toward the trunk of his father's family tree to note a change in the family name. How long ago had Aellus become Aelius? Aellus, Aellerius, Aellerion. More recently, he had received revelations of his mother's bloodline: the link to Victor Zekvan, the link to Iceglaze hold. He had been distracted from his father's line.

Of course, the man knew the answers to his rhetorical questions, so Hadrian didn't answer them. Anyway, he had already moved on to the other man in the coach, a blond scrapper by the looks of him. He was identified as an educated brawler, the words weighted by the man's inflection and cadence, hiding meaning Hadrian couldn't yet know.

The ghostly presence whispered something in the ancient tongue, and while he had a certain level of mastery over it as did any self-respecting scholar. What had it said? Our width, veiled faith? He hadn't caught it clearly, and wasn't sure what the pure intent of the words were, but the man kept speaking, and he asked another question to which he already knew the answer, but this time, Hadrian answered.

"I will assist you."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on November 11th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Kreig hoped that the inside was less...... creepy, than the outside, unfortunately it was even more frightning. As he entered the carriage right after Hadrian, his gaze met directly with that of a pair of ruby eyes 'What the petch it this?' He didn't know how to quite describe this feeling, he was intimidated, he wanted to leave..... but he wanted to stay. Mesmerized, enchanted, overall he was like a fish when it spots its lunch on the sharp end of the hook.

As his gaze mostly focused itself upon the pair of red eyes belonging to a skull, this did not prevent him from at least straying his gaze around. Most notably to their employer, a man whose features were practically hidden under his clothing, only the ghostly pale chin of his could be seen and quite frankly he didn't think much of it. He didn't know why he seemed so pale, perhaps a scholar who spent a majority of his time inside some library? or a rich noble or merchant who appreciates the comforts of their abode far too much to go out and catch a bit of sunlight? Heck, he could have been a priest who spent his time praying all days and nights.

But it was simply speculation, nothing more, nothing less. When the old man spoke the first time it was to Hadrian Aellus, speaking of the many form 'Aellus' throughout history to its most recent date. he even spoke on how he had met one of Hadrian's relatives, the way he spoke of it was like it was some long tale from ages ago.... But Kreig didn't quite pay attention to that, it did give him the clear impression was some high-breed fella, like the ones you'd see in Syliras or Ravok.

When the old man turned his attention to Kreig, the brawler still had his gaze on those red eyes, they were quite enchanting and terrifying. A combination that was usually not a good thing, his ears still worked though and the Old Man seemed quite amused it Kreig's self-given title, he raised an eyebrow, tilted his head slightly and shrugged "Its more than you can say about most gents in this lovely city, wouldn't you agree with that?" He said to him, putting on a slight grin.

Then the brawler jumped from his seat slightly, he heard a voice and the other two seemed to acknowledged it. It spoke in a tongue he never hear before 'What does that mean? what the petch was that?' He had no doubt the old man knew and the Hadrian fellow seemed to understand a bit of what was going on ' I truly wish I was back in my bed now" The thought came as he shook his head

Then came an important question, how would their employer reward them? Suggestions simply but really if they perform a job well done they could very well get what they wished for.... but the question was what did they want? For Kreig, he had a desire to forget.... but really his experiences with a certain Mage and his inbred dislike of magic meant he wouldn't consider that idea for even a second longer. But what else? he didn't wish for much, simply a fun battle now and then.... but those don't quite pay for his needs.

"I am afraid what I desire is quite cliched and well....boring, simply enough Mizas to tide me over for a while, and quite frankly, I think I'm already quite deep to leave now so you have my hands" He smiled at their benefactor, but then realized Hadrian never declared for what he wished " You'd think he'd want something for his troubles" The brawler silent remarked, but it was quite possible that Hadrian would receive what he wished anyway, it was pointless to ask if he was to get it anyway.

"Er......this just occurred to me,and do forgive me for asking, but why us? I don't know what skills the gent next to me could supply and well, you seem to be quite well informed of who we are, my only skills is with my fists. How could I be of use to a man who could probably get obtain someone a hundred times more qualified then I?" It was a question Kreig felt needed to be asked, he only had the slightest of skill with a longsword that he did not bother to carry and was simply a man who knew how to fight with his fists. It felt like he was asking a scholar who had never done much physical labor to build a castle with his bare hands, it just felt off.
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Next