[Silver Silver Tavern] The Pursuit [Clyde]

Gallo catches wind of a powerful mage in search for an apprentice.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Clandestine Duplais on July 5th, 2012, 2:21 pm

Gallo listened intently to what Clyde had to say. "Fascinating, so runes can come in all shapes and forms?" It was more rhetorical as he essentially repeated what Clyde had said. He looked up from his drawing knowing that his first rune would most likely not work in the slightest. His intents were not there nor where anything else that was interpersonal to him.

"Reimancy," Gallo repeated the odd name out loud. "Does Reimancy only work with fire or can you do other things with it?" Gallo flipped the paper he had just used to draw a glyph over and began to draw another. His mind relaxed and focused somewhat on a barrier of magic as he spoke, "also how will my particular magic that I know apply to this other than the focuses I mean?" More questions were to come, however Gallo was determined to become adequate in this skill of glyphing as fast as he could. Driven by his own goals and the feeling to not fail his new teacher, Gallo intended to dedicate most of his time practicing the skills.
Clandestine Duplais
Player

Words: 73447
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2011, 12:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 5th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Clyde shook his head... Hadn't he just explained, that reimancy was more than what he had just shown him? That it was more than just tossing about flames and such? Really, did he not listen at all? He was going to have to hammer this stuff into this persons head... Maybe eventually, he would get halfway decent.

"I am not going to keep repeating myself, just because you fail to listen! I already said it was more than just what you had seen. Reimancy is about controlling the elements. All four, with fire being just one. You can gauge how strong of a reimancer someone is, by how many elements they can use. Someone new to the craft, can only use one. And a great master, can use all four. So when I say I can use three elements, it should show you my skill."

"At your current level, a focus to aid you in bringing magic to one place, is about the limit. But once you get better, a wide array of possibilities opens up. Once you know reasonably well what you are doing, I can show you to do paths, which is sort of like two barriers, which forms a road. Then you can lead the magic along your body, to make it move faster and more efficiently. Also, you can make scrolls, in which you can store the magic, and use the djed then. So when you activate it at a later time, such as in a fight, you can do that specific thing you stored, and it will not cost you fresh energy, and exhaust you as casting normally does."

Clyde looked around, recalling how long he had been here...Perhaps it was time to take a break, till a later date.

"Well I have showed you about all I can for today, we will pick this up another time. Perhaps I will show you something different then. For know, just practice."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Persona on July 15th, 2012, 5:17 am

Thread Award!

Gallo Duplais:

Skills:
Observation +2
Investigation +1
Negotiation +2
Subterfuge +1
Persuasion +1
Rhetoric +2
Interrogation +2
Drawing +1
Glyphing +1

Lores:
Information Has a Price
Easily Sworn Loyalty
Understanding the Layout of Ravok
Novice Flux Techniques
Magic Hurts, Apparently
Glyphing: Intent Matters, Not Shape
Reimancy: The Magic that Makes Fire

Clyde Sullins:

Skills:
Interrogation +2
Negotiation +1
Auristics +1
Teaching +2
Glyphing +1
Rhetoric +1
Persuasion +2

Lores:
Gallo: Impatient and Full of Questions
Auristics: How to Identify a Magic User
Losing Your Temper Can Reveal Insecurities

Notes:
Interesting thread. I would have liked to see more detail in some places, but I got the feeling this was more of an introduction thread. Hopefully you’ll have more in-depth training threads in the future. :)
Persona
The Wildcard

Words: 41121
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous