Completed Paces of the Night (Vaas, Aela)

Euthisa heads to Inclement Weather to meet up with old friends, Vaas and Aela, and hopefully to meet some new ones

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Paces of the Night (Vaas, Aela, Open)

Postby Sira on July 10th, 2012, 12:20 am

It had been a long day.. well, every day was a long day for the tired mother. Natalie had her rising almost at dawn every morning, as little birds tended to do. After she was taken care of and send off to learn with the other children, Sira had to make sure to wake Addy up. If she was lucky Addy would have time for breakfast with her before their morning duties began. Sometimes Addy was even able to hunt with her, but more often than not Addy went to the infirmary. Ever since Ivak's release, the infirmary was constantly busy. The wilds were much more dangerous these days.

To make things worse, when the day finally ended and they managed to get Natalie to bed, Addy had taken up the habit of going and training with her owl instead of coming to bed with Sira. Maybe Addy thought she wouldn't notice, but Sira rarely slept a wink until the healer returned. All in all, it was exhausting.

All that would have been fine, but Sira had no time for fun anymore. Neither of them did, really, so when her brother offered to take Natalie for the evening Sira jumped at the idea. Sira quickly decided she was going to go out and party. If Addy would rather spend her time playing with owls, fine, but Sira was going to get wasted.

By the time Sira arrived the place was already packed. That's how it always was when she visited the Inclement Weather, and Sira wouldn't have it any other way. As soon as she heard the music her hips began to sway, but Sira resisted the urge to dive right onto the dance floor. She was thirsty, so instead she made her way to one of the bars, waving down the bartender Tom when she got there. When she got her drink, a Yellow Snow, it was at about the same time that a group of three Inarta were raising their glasses in toast to new friends, new experiences, and the best of times.

"I'll drink to that," Sira chimed in and raised her glass, hoping her intrusion wouldn't be met unfavorably. After she took a drink she added, "My name's Sira, by the way."
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Words: 737381
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 3:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alori Sai on July 10th, 2012, 1:19 am

Aela smiled, holding back more giggles and trying to calm the new burst of excitement that was bubbling inside her. She had already started to rock, her hips moving and swaying to the rhythm while she stood in place. She nodded to them both as they gave her fair warning about how to drink on her first time. She felt lucky to have friends there who cared about her and wanted her to have a good time. She had been offered drinks before on the other night she had came. Drinks that were probably more alcohol than anything else, and offered to her by guys standing way to far in the shadows to make out much of their features. That night, she hadn't drink or even danced much out of nervousness, but this was a new night and this time she would do it all.

There were bottles stacked everywhere behind the bar table, some on the rock, carved shelves and others sitting along the wall and even on the inside of the bar itself. There was so much to choose from and she didn't know which to start with. Her emerald green eyes darted back and forth from bottle to bottle. The reds, yellows, and colors of green made them all so tempting. She thought over Euthisa's suggestion but couldn't take her eyes off the wall. It was better to take it slow, but she didn't want to. She needed to party and hard, letting herself go and into the will of her own fiery passions.

"What should I get....I can't decide."

By this time the other bartender had come over and asked what they wanted. Suddenly Aela wished that she had waited a few more ticks before she called for them. "Fuzzy Squirrel?" The name sounded good enough and brought a smile to her face. "I'll have a Fuzzy Squirrel too." Sitting down again, Aela listened as Euthisa and Vaas both told about their recent activities, busy and not. They were both good with music and singing, which Aela had no talent in. She could only smile and nod as they made plans to play together. She would differently be there to hear them but she wouldn't join in.

"I can't wait, you guys are going to rock!"

Aela grew a bit pale in the cheeks when Euthisa asked about her? She didn't want to go into the problem she was having with Perith. That was a sure way to ruin their good mood and the whole reason she came there. Still it was on her mind, for the first time she had walked out and she wasn't sure what he would do when she returned the next day. Aela shook her head, trying to force the thoughts from her mind. Surely there had to be something that she could talk about.

"I guess I could talk about.."

Just then the bartender returned with their drinks. Suddenly the conversation had been lost among the fresh glasses of fruit scented liquids displayed in front of them. Once they lifted their glass, Aela did as well. "To the best times yea!" She said loudly before downing her drink in one swallow. "Mmm!" She squealed as she leaned toward the counter and coughed. The drink hadn't been very strong but in her hast to drink so fast caused a similar effect to happen. "Goddess..wow!"It was at that moment that she realized that another voice had been among those in the toast. With her wits about her and breath back in her lungs, she looked up to see where the voice came from. Just a few steps away from where they stood was a woman with curly, deep red hair, and intense golden eyes. Aela attempted a smile through the embarrassed blush that already covered her face, and lightly patted her chest to make sure that her voice was back before she spoke. "H-Hey, I'm Aela."

Alori Sai
Child of Ivak

Words: 442256
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 5:22 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Vaas on July 15th, 2012, 4:43 pm

Vaas gives Aela a warm smile when she declares her enthusiasm for both of them playing together. He flashes Euthisa a silly grin and says to her, “I guess we already have a fan, Euthisa. We are off to a good start already!” Feeling the summer shanty starting to kick in Vaas starts to sway to the music. He looks over at Aela and snickers at her reaction to the Fuzzy Squirrel. He gives her a friendly pat on her shoulder as she coughs and tries to regain her breath. He isn't the best with alcohol and the night of drinking with Reila was a great example of him being a light weight. He looks over at Euthisa and says to her, “Only major thing I did lately was go on a camping trip with Aela. Other than the trip, I am just practicing my music, and I am trying to teach Windy the difference between a squirrel and rabbit. I think I figured out a song for the both animals, but now I just have to teach him the difference between the two songs.”

Tapping his fingers to the beat of the drum, Vaas realizes another woman named Sira has just joined their party, and he waves to get the bartenders attention before she pours the brandy. Tessa walks over to Vaas and asks him over the noise of the club, “What would you like Vaas.” Vaas turns to Tessa and says with a smile, “Make it four shots Fire Dancer instead of brandy, and could you I also have a Yellow Snow. I might need it to wash the taste of the shot from my mouth.” Tessa nods and says to him while she picks up the orange bottle, “You know this is going to hit you guys like a ton of bricks.” Vaas nods to Tessa and smiles evilly at the older lady, “I guess we all have to die sometimes Tessa.” The bartender takes out four shot glasses and starts pouring the orange liquid into the four glasses. Once she is done pouring the drinks, she slides them over to Vaas and says to Vaas, “It was nice knowing you Vaas.”

Vaas grabs two shots of the four and passes out to his friends. He holds the drinks out to them waiting for Euthisa and Aela grabs their shots. Once they grabbed their shots, he grabs the other two shot for himself and Sira, and he walks over to the location of Sira voice and holds out the drink to her, “Hello Sira. My name is Vaas, and I am here to get you started on a night of drinking. You will probably not remember tonight, or how you got home next morning, but just remember your secrets on what happens tonight will never be breathed to another soul. Unless you want me record them in song. Of course.” He gives her a playful wink, and when she takes her shot, he lifts up to his shot glass in the air. He smiles at them impishly and says in a jovial tone of voice, “I like to thank Euthisa for getting us back together tonight, and also it is nice to meet Sira a new friend to our merry band of misfits. I can't say. I will remember her in the morning after tonight, but anyways I am starting to ramble... Cheers!” After saying his toast he brings the strong smelling alcohol to his lips and downs the drink in one large gulp. Malvarin suggested to Vaas that the drink would put hair on his chest, but he never warned him it would burned going down. Malvarin warned him that the Fire Dancer was used to take the tarnish of silver, but Vaas thought it was just a joke to scare him. Damn that evil man was right. Vaas' eyes starts to water and he starts to cough loudly. He says out loud to himself, “I might have to kill him...”
Vaas
Player

Words: 149196
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2012, 6:39 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Euthisa on July 17th, 2012, 6:29 pm

"Indeed we do have a fan already, Vaas." Euthisa downed almost all of her drink after the toast, already feelings its affects combined with her earlier drink. Tonight would be a great night for sure, and they were just getting started. Another woman had joined their group, by the name of Sira, and Euthisa thought the more the merrier. "Hello Sira. I am Euthisa. Pleased to meet you and welcome you to our group of misfit fun-junkies." Vaas then ordered four shots of fire dancer for the group, a drink Euthisa had only heard tales about. Thankful she saved the end of her last drink, she picked up the shot with one hand, her fruity drink in the other to chase the shot down with, ready when everyone else was. Vaas led the toast, toasting to Euthisa for bringing them all together again and welcoming Sira to the group once more. This put quite the grin on Euthisa's face, making her feel accomplished and prideful, feelings everyone could use feeling from time to time. Her smile beamed wide and bright and after saying cheers at the close of his toast, Euthisa tipped her head back, downed the shot, feeling the trail of fire burn all the way down to her stomach, true to the drink's name, and immediately chased it with what was left of her cold sweet drink. She tossed her head about, shaking the linger of the strong shot from her senses, and the tipsy affects immediately set in.

Her head swam in circles, jumping in and out of the waves of coherency in much the same way sea creatures jumped in and out of the waves of the ocean. Her small body felt like limp noodles, and her hips were in full swing with the music now. They needed to go dance. Vaguely remembering something about a mental note to stay out of the thickness of the crowd, Euthisa spotted an opening near the edge of the dance floor. Yelling, both over the music and also in over compensation because she was too buzzed to hear herself, Euthisa grabbed Vaas's arm and Sira's hand, knowing one of them would grab Aela, and started tugging them towards the dance floor. "Come on guys let's dance and go wild!!!!! Let's make this night count!!!!" They reached the edge of the dance floor, clearly crowded even in the dim lighting, and joined the thumping bodies around them. Euthisa bobbed and bounced, swayed and swaggered, thumped and thrusted, to the beats of the music and in rhythm with all the bodies surrounding her. The air was thick, her body was hot and sweating, she was pressed against stranger's bodies, but she was there with friends and having the night of her life so far. She was gonna live it up.

OOC :
I apologize for my post's lack of length. I try to write more than this. Brain isn't working with me today though. I tried. Hope I didn't leave you guys with too little to work with. If I did, just let me know and I'll try to edit and add more :)
Euthisa
♥ Euthisiastic ♥

Words: 134477
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 5:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Sira on July 19th, 2012, 3:36 pm

Sira had never been a heavy drinker, she didn't need alcohol to have fun really, so when she was offered the shot she had no idea what it was. But everyone else was doing it, and Sira had already determined that she was getting drunk that night, so when it came time to take the shot she joined in with the rest of them. The kick and burn nearly knocked her out of her seat, she was so surprised by it. Luckily Sira still had some of her other drink left, and was able to chase it down, but that did little to help fend off the powerful shot. Sira was a light weight, she was already feeling the effects of the alcohol, though she didn't intend to stop any time soon, but she did get a break when Euthisa decided it was time to dance. Sira was more than willing.

Sira loved to dance, though she wasn't much of a dancer herself. Her moves consisted mostly of throwing her hands in the air and waving them around like she just didn't care, and swaying her hips to the beat of the drums. But she loved everything about it. The closeness of bodies, the beat of the drums. The sweat. It was like sex, only with her clothes on.

Sira had no preference for dance partner. Vaas, Aela, and Euthisa were all just fine, and she would dance with each of them and all of them at the same time. Sira was one of those women who liked to get close, to be touched and touch. She wasn't necessarily an attention whore, but she didn't mind the attention if she got it. Her hands sought out the closest set of hips and that was her dance partner for the next few chimes as she moved around them, jumped up and down, and did whatever else felt appropriate in the heat of the moment. She simply let herself be taken up in the heat of the dance, and the dizzying effect of the music and alcohol.

Sira would have happily gone deeper into the crowd, but she could tell her new friends weren't ready for that right away. That was fine with her, all three of them seemed to want to have fun, and that was the whole point of the night. They were all of like mind, and Sira didn't necessarily want to engage in the other activities that occurred deeper in the crowd. She was just happy to let loose.

OOC..this was a bleh post. Sorry, hopefully I can do better next time.
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Alori Sai on July 19th, 2012, 9:33 pm

Aela had barely bounced back from the drink she had downed when Vaas was ordering shots for them all. She stood silently for a moment, it was as if she had gone inside herself, yet the sounds around her had become amplified. There was a slight tingle in her limbs that seem to vibe, and pulse with the music causing her to dance even as she stood in place. The room was suddenly more alive and brought a warmness to show in her cheeks that would not go away.

Emerald green eyes darted back and forth between the glasses displayed on the shelves as she pondered over what a 'fire dancer' was. She had never heard of the drink or of any they had mentioned, but decided not to say more since she already felt like a complete novice to it all. She raised her glass as they did, and toasted to a night of fun and excitement. She looked to Vaas curiously when he teased the mysterious new-comer about forgetting them all the next morning. She had heard that saying before but thought that it was just a wise tale or maybe a joke...At least she hoped so.

Aela took the shot and downed it as she had done the first. A loud gasp exploded from the little Avora as she slammed the glass down on the counter and brought her other hand down just as hard. "Oh petch......What was in that?" The drink was strong and the name did not do it justice. Not only did it burn going down but it seemed to settle in her chest and causing her body to heat up. Aela coughed and patted her chest frantically as tears filled her eyes. She moved her hands to comb through her hair while quickly wiping away the tears so they no one would know that one shot almost floored her. It took her a bell to settle from the shock, when she then noticed that her friends had all taken to the floor without her.

Aela quickly moved her hands through her hair and shook her head to try and fight off the dizzy spell that was trying to take her, and the growing heat inside her body. Moving back onto the dance floor, she took a few careful steps before she joined the group. Aela started to dance again, a sudden adrenaline rush, mixed with the alcoholic drink sent a harder tingle through her body.

She felt hot, and rightfully so, as she bumped and swayed her body in a simple, yet suggestive manner. She closed her eyes and tossed her head about, allowing her hair to flow and bounced against her shoulders and back. Her arms lifted above her head as she rocked her eager hips to the throbbing sound that held them all under it's spell. This would be a night to remember, one way or another.

Alori Sai
Child of Ivak

Words: 442256
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2012, 5:22 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Neris on July 21st, 2012, 2:12 am

Neris had never been a lover of crowded places but at the moment she didn't have much of a choice. Being a victim of bully was not her idea of spending her evening but as usual she had been at the wrong place and the wrong time when she found a quiet place to rest. Why did the thugs decide to bother her when she had done nothing was beyond her, but regardless she had to run.

The Inarta girl and several boys of the same race sped down different roads at impressive speed. Neris was never much of a physical girl but when the moment called for it, the body can make you do things you never thought possible. Running as fast as her legs would allow her to go she kept her breathing at an even pace, her leather bag firm at her side to protect the contents. If she really had to she would fight back against them to protect her precious items. Her writing tools above her own self-value, she knew some would find that strange--even a little self destructive--but she didn't care. So much of her was built around those items.

And besides, the current novel she was reading was brand new. There was no way she was going to let that get ruined, her pride wouldn't allow it.

Still if she had any chance of protecting herself as well she needed to hide. At the next chance she slipped inside a random building, not realizing she went into the club Inclement Weather. Placed out of her element she hastily made her way through the crowds just to hide among them. Her nerves made her tight with agitation and to some extent fear. Neris knew she needed to think of a way to avoid any more confrontation.

She needed to stop to take a breath. Not entirely sure what to do next she looked around, realizing there were many different races around her. She tried looking to see if she recognized anyone but gave up, not able to locate anyone with red colored hair.

Abruptly she turned to move back into the club, just now realizing the limited movement around her as she bumped into someone. "I'm sorry, so sorry!" She shouted above the music. The last thing she needed was to draw anymore attention to herself. But the figures size, fierce features, and most importantly the lovely red hair made her stop.

An Inarta, and she wasn't alone.

[OCC- Hello, sorry to jump in suddenly. Euthisa invited me to join in, I look forward to working on this thread with all of you :)]
Neris
Player

Words: 5257
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2012, 5:19 am

Postby Vaas on July 22nd, 2012, 10:27 pm

Feeling himself being pull to the dance floor by Euthisa, Vaas smiles at her and let him get lead by her. Once on the floor Vaas feels the bass starting to pulse through his body, he lets the music move his body. Being slightly tipsy at the moment, Vaas really starts getting into the music. He starts bobbing his head to the music letting the bass take control of his head. He starts moving back and forth letting his left foot slide into his right. He repeats when needed trying not to let his dance moves get to exaggerated in his first attempt in dancing. Vaas wanting to move his arms and hands decides to keep him at his sides since he has no clue how close people are to him. Feeling the crowd tightly around him, he keeps his moments small and fluid. Vaas decides to close his eyes letting the music take his body for a ride. The musics tempo starts to increase Vaas picks up his speed of his dance movements. Vaas feels his hair flying in his face. He takes his hands and runs them trough his hair moving the hair from his eyes.

The down side of being blind in this situation is that he has no idea. Who he might be dancing with or around. He knows Euthisa, Sira, and Aela are somewhere around him, but he is not sure how close he is to either of them. He smiles to himself and continues his dance. He speeds up his dance moves again and spins when the music demands it. He might look cheesy but he doesn't care. He lets the music take his movements. He can feel the crowd getting more crowded, and he raises his hands into the air. When the base picks up once again Vaas feels a rush of adrenaline fill his body, and he wipes the sweat from his forehead. He smiles to himself when the tempo of the music drops once again, and he slows his movements again. He tries to listen for his friends, but the music is way to loud and there is too many people to make out who is who around him. He decides it is best to just keep dancing until someone he knows decides to find him.
Vaas
Player

Words: 149196
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2012, 6:39 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sira on July 26th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Sira could feel the buzz of the alcohol working its way through her system. It made her warm and tingly, and she felt light headed, but that only made the music engulf her even more. Sira lost herself in the dance, immediately gravitating towards Aela when she joined them and began her simple yet suggestive dancing. Sira could never stay away from a pretty girl, or guy, and Aela just happened to be the one she chose to dance with at that moment.

Sira moved in close, her hands rising to Aela's hips. She didn't want to make the girl feel like she was hitting on her, she wasn't, but really she just needed someone to hold on to while she danced. She was light headed now from the shot, and with all her swaying and waving about, Sira didn't want to fall down.

Okay.. so maybe there was more to it than that. Sira couldn't help but enjoy Aela's closeness, and truly, it was they eyes that drew the kelvic to her. Aela had very beautiful eyes, and Sira couldn't resist them. She tried not to stare though, because she knew her eyes could be a bit intimidating to those who weren't used to it. Something about that penetrating eagle gaze that just bothered people.

Overall, Sira was just enjoying herself. She wouldn't have even noticed when Neris bumped into her, had it not been for her apology and the look of fear in her eyes. That look sobered her up a bit, at least enough to stop dancing and focus for a moment on what was happening.

If it wasn't for the look in the girl's eyes, the look that things were not okay, Sira would have just said it was alright and gone back to her dance. The fact that she was out of breath meant little, considering everyone was dancing, and bumping into her was just part of the scene. But no, there was alarm in the girl's eyes.

Sira shouted over the music, or at least tried to, "What's wrong?"
Nari | Common
Italics are Telepathic
Sira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Euthisa on July 30th, 2012, 4:59 pm

Everyone around her was lost in alcohol and dancing. The music shifted, Euthisa had no idea how many songs they'd been dancing to already, and she kept up with all of them. She thought she could see her friends around her, but the room was spinning way too fast for her to be sure. She did manage to figure out though that she was near Sira when she heard her yell to someone over the music. Euthisa stopped dancing and let her head refocus to try and find out what was going on. She moved over to Sira and another Inarta woman and approached just in time to hear a very serious Sira ask the woman what was wrong. Euthisa looked at the newcomer, and she too could see she wasn't ok. The dance floor wasn't the best place to talk though.

"Guys let's move to a quieter spot for this." Euthisa led them not too far away where they could stand together without people pressing against them, and hearing was slightly less impaired. This woman definitely looked scared, and Euthisa wasn't sure how to handle the situation. "It's ok now. You're in here and you're safe. What's wrong hun?" Waiting for her to answer, Euthisa held up her finger, signalling for them to hold on a second, and she ran back to the others on the dance floor. She found Vaas and Aela and she let them know that she and Sira would be right back but she wanted them to know where they were so they didn't think they'd run off. She returned to the frightened woman, and placing a hand on her shoulder, inquired to her further. "Can we get you anything? How can we help?"

OOCI apologize again for shortness. Wasn't sure what else to put in there without godmodding anyone or anything.
Euthisa
♥ Euthisiastic ♥

Words: 134477
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2012, 5:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

PreviousNext