The Subterranean Service Station

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Postby Sliver on July 16th, 2012, 1:41 am

Most of the threads here tell you what they're about from the get go, but I just couldn't think of a concise way of putting in what I do, so that's the reason for my title. Clearly you were intrigued enough to click on it however, so HA.

Anyway, there are some superbly talented people here in Mizahar, both rhetorically and visually, and I figured I'd make a stab at contributing to the visual side of things.

So what exactly do I do?

Generally I always express myself in written form before I move to sketching and painting, but the idea for any character I ever make, as well as other people's creations that I read always comes to me visually first: picturing that ogre glistening with sweat just as he swings his rotting wooden club into the head of the hero, the stocky maiden with a wart on the tip of her nose, sneering at a pretty blonde servant girl, you get the idea. So I always start sketching. I work very much on the 2-D plane of things, sometimes I leave it there in my notebook, but usually I ink the picture, scan it, and color it using PS. Occasionally I paint the inked picture with watercolor paints either re doing the inked lines or letting the paint fade them out a little.

So what exactly can I do for you?

Pretty much anything. I enjoy doing full blown sketches of characters, then cutting them up to make avatars and signatures, but I can also draw and color little doo dads for character sheets, your heirlooms, animals companions, wiki pics, or Gnosis marks. These images can be as organic or as digitally imaged as you'd like.

Some examples are in order methinks.

Signatures :

Some full body pics are like this, this, or this.

Filler Pics! :

Watercolors :

So that's about it. Let me know in a pm if you'd like a sketch, paintin' or other random stuff, and I will get to it as soon as I can. As you can probably imagine, the length of time I'll have to put into your request will vary from person to person, but I look forward to expanding my skills and contributing to the artistic community here in Mizahar. Thanks!

Pending Orders: Fallacy/Alvadas
Syrah Steele

Completed Orders:

Kassan 7/18
Pa'haite 7/22
Evalin 7/31
Kinneas 8/5
Kaeson 8/6
Eadfrid 8/29
Last edited by Sliver on September 11th, 2012, 12:50 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Sliver
Do I look like a woman who exaggerates?

Words: 358206
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2012, 6:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Imass on July 16th, 2012, 2:24 am

Wow. Your artwork is amazing! I really think it looks awesome, especially your watercolors. You have great photoshop skills too.

Keep up the good work!

IMASS
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Eadfrid on July 16th, 2012, 9:48 am

Wow. These are amazingly awesome art attacks! You can definitely expect a PM about it from me at some point in the near/far/wherever you are future. I think you'll do great things here.
Eadfrid
A Wizard Is Never Late...

Words: 9338
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 3:18 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sliver on July 18th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Order Up!

Kassan's Sigs :

Hope one of them is to your liking Kassan!
Sliver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kassan on July 18th, 2012, 9:00 pm

They are absolutely fantastic! I especially love the final one, as you can see it's already in. I may even rotate them. Thank you so much Sliver, I love your art style so much, and these exceeded my expectations. Thank you again :D
Kassan
Scion of Uphis

Words: 40201
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2011, 1:03 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sliver on July 18th, 2012, 9:05 pm

I have to say that one was my favorite as well (That's why I put it on the bottom, teehee) Glad you like 'em!
Sliver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sliver on July 22nd, 2012, 5:15 pm

Alright Pa'haite, I realize that we still haven't actually fleshed out the precise negotiations of our art trade, but I was just so excited to water color a Konti that I couldn't help myself.

Pa'haite :

Feel free to be like: "This does not meet my request you insolent knave! Now go fetch me another more suitable image for my scarf bearing little girl!" I swear I won't mind :D.
Sliver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Pa'haite on July 26th, 2012, 9:07 pm

AAAAHHHH!!!
(≧∇≦)
She's so cute! It's perfect and wonderful and Ah I have no words!
I Love The colors and the scarf and everything about it!
Pa'haite
A loyal servant to Ciayha's domain

Words: 39913
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2012, 2:34 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (2)

Postby Evalin on July 26th, 2012, 9:50 pm

Oh! Can I have one like Pa'haite!? Hehe the full body one, and feel free to use her current body, the body of a child between the ages of 7-9, as the model :). If you could add some cool fire to it I would be in love XD. Oh and maybe her familiar and staff? Thank you!
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sliver on July 26th, 2012, 9:57 pm

I'm super happy you like it Pa'haite!

And I think I can do all of the things you have asked Evalin, painting fire is gunna be fun :D. One question for you. Would Evalin still be in her philtering garb, or some sort of robes? Or would she be in children's clothes?
Sliver

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook