Closed Open Sky Beneath The Ground

Saphtir holds an amateur performance outside her apartment.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Open Sky Beneath The Ground (Closed)

Postby Vaas on September 2nd, 2012, 6:12 am

Once the song is over, Vaas hears Saphtir complement him on his music, and she should play his songs for a foreign audience, and he gives her a grin and says happily, “Thanks for the complement Saphtir. You can probably get sheet music of our songs at the amphitheater. It is no good to me, but you might find useful.” He pulls a part his metal flute, and he starts cleaning the inside with his rag. He puts the flute neatly into the case, and he stands up with his case in hand.

He was happy with how the morning went today. Even though Wind Dancer was in a cranky mood this morning. The surprise concert in the courtyard of the commons made his morning. Saphtir played her harp beautifully, and his music needed a lot more practice, but he figured it will be perfect in time. He smiles at Kanri and Saphtir. He hears Aela say her goodbyes to the group, and she walks away into the crowd around them. Vaas looks at Saphtir and Kanri and says with a smile, “It is nice to meet you both, but I have to get Windy some fresh mice before he throws a fit in my apartment.” He looks at Saptir and gives her a warm smile, “Saphtir I haven't heard a harp sound like that in a long time. The harp and the sound of you voice are quite lovely. I hope this won't be our last meeting.” Vaas gives them both a nod, and he turns around and slips into the dispersing crowd.
Vaas
Player

Words: 149196
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Open Sky Beneath The Ground (Closed)

Postby Kanri on September 2nd, 2012, 7:47 pm

Kanri sadly watched the crowd disperse. She knew all good times would come to an end. However, she had been having more fun today than she had in a long time. She felt so much more alive and full of possibility. But she knew she would see these people again eventually.

"Thank you, Saphtir, for the wonderful performance. If you plan on being here for a while, I know we will meet again. In the meantime, keep playing because that music is a like a candle in a dark cave. It will draw many good people to it. And it will help us to meet again."

With that, Kanri stood up and, with one last glance and a wave, took off into the rest of her day.
Kanri
A Sparrow Among Eagles

Words: 107623
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2012, 11:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Open Sky Beneath The Ground

Postby Phoenix on September 29th, 2012, 11:44 pm

Aela Calder

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 5
Investigation 1
Rhetoric 4

Lores
Lore Earned
The bliss of a day off
Race: Akvatari (Incomplete)
Caution towards an outsider
Reluctantly enjoying the beauty of the music
Akvatari anatomy: Wings?

Vaas

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 5
Investigation 1
Instrument 4
Teaching 2
Singing 1

Lores
Lore Earned
Woken via Wind Dancer
Hawks are ornery during their molt
Meeting a fellow musician

Kanri

Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation 5
Investigation 1
Singing 1

Lores
Lore Earned
Awakened by the sound of music
Reconsidering career choice
Enjoying the Music

The Order of the Phoenix

Great thread! There is nothing more relaxing than some beautiful music :) Since Saphtir is retired, I didn't grade her posts. If she should return and want a grade, just send me a PM.

I really liked how Aela was wary of the outsider, since Inartans aren't really fond of non-inartans, especially not within their city. I also enjoyed that Vaas actually used his language skills, as that is one of the most commonly forgotten things! Great job!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Previous