[Syliras Location] The Golden Dragon - Meri and Aleath

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Golden Dragon - Meri and Aleath

Postby Aleath on April 8th, 2010, 7:25 am

39 Day of Spring 510 AV

Aleath stopped in front of the door of The Golden Dragon. She, once more, checked the signs, that said that she would find a lodging here. She looked at her companion - big grey dog - as if asking for his opinion. Then she shrugged and entered.

She had to blink a few times, because of the red and gold colours.

"Wow!" she said admiringly, when she looked around more carefully. Then she went to sit down at one of the tables here, pulled a menu closer to her and started to read it. Her dog lay down next to her.
Last edited by Aleath on April 17th, 2010, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Character sheet Scrapbook
Aleath
Player

Words: 37223
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2010, 2:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

[Syliras Location] The Golden Dragon

Postby Merikanz on April 10th, 2010, 11:39 pm

After being convinced by his darker side Merikanz made his way to the Club known as the Golden Dragon. He walked in with a look of bewilderment about him. He gazed carefully at his surroundings and even more carefully at those who were within the area.

"Well I guess some dreamsmoke and a meal would be nice, yes yes."

He then sat down and grasped the menu in front of him. He studied it carefully and with a grimace of confusion became overwhelmed with the choices. Never has he been to adept at public venues of this nature he decided to allow Avarice to choose. But once Avarice had control of his body it became truly apparent what his goals were.

"Hello?," he spoke to anyone who would listen to him from his table, and continued to anyone who would listen.

"My name is Merikanz and as a new comer and hopefully steady patron of this establishment I intend to be both friendly and courteous expecting no less than the same," a devilish smile struck his face as he got to the heart of the matter, "I see food, some dreamsmoke and possibly someone who will listen to my banter as I listen to theirs." He then chuckled and looked around for any sense of response in hopes of being served in more ways than one.
Merikanz
Player

Words: 5808
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2010, 5:40 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Aleath on April 11th, 2010, 7:26 am

Aleath and her dog looked up, when somebody else entered The Golden Dragon. Aleath's eyes widened a bit, when she saw a man with dark skin. She followed him with her eyes on his way to one of the tables. Her dog was doing the same in case some help was needed.

Aleath watched the man as he looked at the menu with confusion and then he started to speak. After he stopped, Aleath cleared her throat and walked up to the man.

"Hello. I'm Aleath. Also a newcomer. So what brings you here?"

She asked with a small smile, hoping that the man would be friendly.

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Merikanz on April 11th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Avarice jeered to his other side.
"See now results" he said to Merikanz as he handed control back over to him.

Merikanz was torn between want to say, he wanted to speak to Aleath but also do so properly. Within his head his nervousness was far more apparent as he pleaded with Avarice for advisement. To no avail he was left to his own devices.

"Currently I am in search of some form of employment, yes employment a job, or other form of agreement involving regular income based on services I may be able to render. Not necessarily anything to simple nor difficult, no despite that work in general is a repetitive task for some form of compensation that no matter what this form of said labor is, will be considered difficult simply on the basis of not wanting to do it. Yes work, I do detest the idea of it but I am in need of it..."

Avarice from within his mind interrupted his train of thought.
"A true failure yet again, a woman speaks to you and prattle on like a mad man."

Merikanz decided to try once again. He cleared his throat and nervously began to speak again.

"I seek experience, or moreover experiences such is my interest. But you, and your dog seem like a pleasant sort, perhaps I could sit with you? And moreover how bout yourself what brings you around? And more importantly what kind of men interest you?"

Merikanz was quite proud of himself at least until Avarice spoke from within again.
"You truly are an idiot that last part was a little off... but not your worst I guess."

Merikanz didn't know where he went wrong but decided if he smiled enough maybe it would blow over, and that she may accept his offer.
Merikanz
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleath on April 12th, 2010, 8:26 am

At Merikanz's obvious unease, Aleath smiled a little. She remembered when she was in the same situation some years ago, when she was in a completely unknown land full of strange people. She was very shy at that time and she blushed every time somebody asked her something. Now she tried to be a bit more confident.

She listened what he was saying and wanted to offer him a seat but then she was a little taken aback when he started asking about what kinds of men interests her. Then she lost all the confidence she seemed to have, but then she recovered a little and pointed at a chair next to her.

"Of course, sit down." she smiled a little but then she remembered his previous question and asked.

"Ehm...and may I ask why are you asking...that? I-It's not...exactly comfortable subject for...me." she stuttered hoping he wouldn't feel insulted. Her dog lifted his head, because he seemed to sense his companion's uncertainty and he was watching them both.

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Merikanz on April 14th, 2010, 3:17 am

"Oh oh," Merikanz thought, "This is going to be difficult."

He realized the extent of what he said, the moment she started speaking. He swallowed his nervousness and walked over to the seat, as he sat he examined the dog.

Then he made eye-contact with Aleath, as he spoke he made sure to smile as best he could, "Well I see that asking such a question may seem like a far fetched leap, but moreover it is a stressful position to explore this world alone.., but we can wait on that...Tell me a little more about yourself."

"I am very interested," he said as Avarice slowly took over. His whole demeanor switched, he seemed far more relaxed than Merikanz and his gaze was deep and mysterious. His words thereafter seemed prideful lined with a sly flirtatiousness.

"Well before you go on about that let me tell you this," leaning forward with a sly smirk, "You see with so many dangers in this world there are times where a good companion can offer comfort, loneliness is the enemy on long journeys. Now again I am very interested in knowing more of you so please go on, my dear Aleath."
Merikanz
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleath on April 14th, 2010, 11:48 am

At Merikanz's first words, Aleath sighed in relief. She laughed and she even didn't seem to notice his change of demeanour later on. She nodded.

"Of course I can tell you something about myself. But you have to promise, that you will tell me a bit about yourself." She didn't wait for the response and continued talking. It was obvious from her words, that she wanted to share her story with somebody.

"You see, I am half Vantha and half Human. My Vantharian mother died when I was very young and I grew up with my father. As I was growing up, more and more Vantharian traits were showing. For example I started to change my eye colour, but only when I was angry. You can imagine the reaction of the other people..." she sneered and laughed a little at the memory, but then she grew serious.

"After many years, when I was 15, my father died and I was alone. I had no friends, because people were a little afraid of me. Since that time I felt like I wasn't welcomed in the city, where I grew up, but I stayed until I was 19. Then I left the house I lived in and ended up here." she finished her story with a small smile.

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Merikanz on April 18th, 2010, 4:56 pm

"A I see," Avarice said staring deeply unto Aleath, "reminds me of myself I was raised in part by my lone mother, it was... an experience." Avarice didn't say it but he understood full well her turmoil of being feared.

He thought for a moment and added "Among my kind there was fear of me as well, it was most unpleasant, alas that is a story I shall tell you on a later date."

"Please tell me what you'd like to accomplish in this city?"
Merikanz
Player

Character sheet

Postby Aleath on April 18th, 2010, 5:12 pm

Aleath looked at Merikanz. Somebody finally understands her! She shifted in her seat a little and smiled. Then at his last question, she shrugged and replied.

"I don't really know. I just want to gain experience. I want to see the world, because all my childhood I was stuck in my father's house." she said a little angrily, but she calmed down soon. She looked at Merikanz again. She seemed to be fascinated by his eyes. She asked.

"And what about you? What are you seeking here?"

Then she bit her lip and asked another question.

"I don't know anybody in here. Would you like travelling with me, perhaps? If you want, that is..." she finished uncertainly and looked at him again.

Aleath
Player

Character sheet

Postby Merikanz on April 18th, 2010, 7:05 pm

"I'd be honored, as for what I am seeking, many things but for starters a name for myself and most importantly an answer to what I shall do with my future."

Avarice was beginning to give control to Merikanz but seemed captivated by the conversation more so with each of Aleath's responses.

"I too have little knowledge of the people around and would love to have at least someone to travel with how fortuitous for us I say."

Merikanz was wary of this agreement but also felt it was needed, despite his fear of her disapproving of his awkward ways. He refused to relinquish control from Avarice fearing that he would foul things up.

"There are many things that seem to be going on at the underbelly of this city as well as outside its walls, we should venture out and sink our teeth into the surroundings."
Merikanz
Player

Character sheet

Next