Wisdom in the Giving (Kavala)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on June 7th, 2010, 12:04 am

Taithrosa nodded his head. "It is something I think would need to look into some more." He said realizing there was still much more to learn about. "Akalaks, given their great life span, never bread rapidly. Even before the destruction of there civilization they were still plenty of children being born, but it was a mater of pride and prestige. The more children one had the more of a man one was. There were also healers dedicated helping the women who honored the Akalak’s by bearing there sons. Not that everyone used them. Some Akalaks were cold blooded and allowed there dark halves to take control. They didn’t particularly care, but many did care about the woman who mothered children.” He said not realizing that his accent had thickened just a bit, and his eyes had taken a far away line. Taith had realized it but he had pulled something from his memory. It hadn’t been a specific memory but something vague more of an outline. Taithrosa began to realizes that this was one of those areas were he could pin point a specific memory that had taught him, but he suspected that after five hundred years of living there much of it was ingrained into his memory.

Taith nodded as she commented about the land. “I can see land being an issue. The city is beautiful, but its very nature makes land scares. Also from what I have seen Riverfall controls very little land beyond its city boundaries.” He shook his head. “Given the population size it would be difficult to maintain to much land. So I can see why they don’t had it over easily. Not saying its right or fair to excluded anyone especially one who is clearly showing talents at running a successful facility.” He said smiling. “I think though that you will win them over in the end. I am sure that you will get your farms. You are to strong of a person not to.” He wasn’t flirting, he was just speaking his mind to a friend who he trusted.

Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kavala on June 21st, 2010, 6:51 pm

ImageThe tour continued, as Kavala showed him her living quarters upstairs then the basement level with the kennels. She also gave him a quick tour of the gardens out front, and the fields to either side. It wasn't so much that she was rushed, it was that she often felt that to show too much of Sanctuary was somehow to be bragging, when it wasn't indeed all that. None of it, after all, truly belonged to her.

"Thanks, Taith. I know something will work out. If not, the future is always fluid and this might very well be training for something else that I'm supposed to do later."
She said thoughtfully, often thinking that was true.

Then suddenly, she smiled and perked up. "Taith, have you ever learned to ride? Do you remember? I wouldn't mind giving you some lessons while you were here. I can't remember ever seeing you mounted, and if you are going to travel, you should learn at least a little and pick up your own horse." She said thoughtfully, encouraged by the idea. There were several animals that would suit his build, including a large black Zavian mare that had a rump speckled by what Kavala thought looked like stars. "We could even get started now, if its something your interested in." She said.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 5th, 2010, 2:01 am

He enjoyed the tour commenting here and there about the plan and structure of the building. It was well laid out and perfect to allow people to live and work together. Memories of similiar place came to mind as he walked around with the hardworking and friendly Konti woman.

He paused in surprises as she asked him if he wanted to learn how to ride. He turned and looked at her his silver eyes wide with surprise. He then looked back towards the direction of the stables. He only thought for a moment and then answered her. "I think learning how to ride would be a good thing. From what I understand the travel in these times isn't nearly as pleasent as the world I remember. Knowing how to ride would I believe help me travel better, and if your up for teaching then I am up for learning." He gave her a grin then. He always enjoyed trying out new things.

Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kavala on August 2nd, 2010, 6:04 pm

ImageKavala smiled. Of course riding was always a good thing. "Okay, I'll be right back." She said, leaving Taith by the main arena and going to fetch a horse and some tack. Kavala returned leading a pair of sungold mares that simply had saddles and bridles draped over their backs. The Konti carried a bucket of grooming supplies which shes at down at her feet. She tied up both mares on the inside of the arena and then removed all the tack from their backs to drape over the fence rails. She made introductions quickly.

"Taith, this is Anasha and she'll be your teacher. I'll use Jinibi as a mount to ride with you and instruct with. They are unrelated. Anasha is eight years old while Jinibi is five. I've just finished starting Jinibi, but Anasha has taught quite a few people to ride."
She assured Taith, then beckoned him into the arena.

"Before we ride, I need to show you a few things about horses. You always need to do a pre-ride inspection of them, groom them down, and make sure they are sound. You do the same thing after you are finished riding, but the prior groom is a lot more important than the post in regards to your safety. First.. lets look at how you halter and unhalter a horse, lead them, and then safely tie them."
Kavala said, untying Anasha from the rail and then unfastening her halter. While the mare simply stood there looking a little confused, Kavala demonstrated to Taith how to properly halter a horse by wrapping her arm partially around the mare's head and over the crown of her skull and sliding the noseband on. Then she drew the halter up and around behind the ears and buckled it. She let him try a time or two before she showed him proper leading procedures.

"Keep the horse on your left side if your right handed. Keep a firm grip gently beneath their nose where the lead fastens into the halter. Then let the rest of the lead rope be gathered lightly in your right hand. You want your strongest hand to hold the majority of the lead rope so if the horse spooks or is difficult to handle, your good hand.. your right hand.. is your backup. Remember, if they get upset, give them plenty of space to fuss. A horse can get even more upset if they think their head is confined." She added.

Then, finally she moved to the rail and showed him a quick safe knot he could use to tie the mare up. It was a knot that was called a hitch for a good reason. You pulled on one end (again in case the horse spooked) and you could have the animal free of the bindings before it could actually hurt itself.

Then.. finally, it was time to learn grooming.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Baku on December 29th, 2010, 2:13 am

Thou has written, and thou has completed, so I award thee the following....

Taithrosa: +5 Observation, +5 Rhetoric(or Conversation),

Lore: Visiting Sanctuary, Appreciation of Syna’s Grace, Discovering the Qualities of Sanctuary, A Guided Tour of Sanctuary, Learning What Sanctuary is All About, Learning of Kavala’s Status, Struggling With Recalling Past Memories, Zith and Ravok: A Hint of Their Cultures, The Chances of Konti Producing an Akalak Offspring, Akalak Culture: Their Race is Dwindling, Finding Ease in Talking With Kavala, Complimenting Kavala, Learning the Proper Fist Steps for Riding,

Kavala: +2 Animal Husbandry, +1 Medicine, +5 Hostessing, +5 Rhetoric(or Conversation)

Lore: Coaxing a Horse For its Own Good, Greeting Taith, Explaining the Healing Process, Giving a Guided Tour of Sanctuary, Explaining What Sanctuary is All About, Revealing Her Status, Finding Ease in Talking With Taithrosa, Preferring Her Current Life to the Alternative, Interest in Taith’s Memories and Akalak Past, Desires to Expand, An Offering of Lessons in Riding, Showing the Proper First Steps for Riding,

Additional Notes: A good start in a thread that could lead to a better friendship. A lot of exchange was found between both the characters and there could have been more as well. If Taith ever comes back and you two decide to finish this thread out, resubmit to me for additional Awards.

~Not all dreams, are meant to be had.

Baku
Dream Eater

Words: 151190
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous