Remember Me? [Ignotus]

When Iggy meets Gale again he...helps him find the darker side to him.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Remember Me? [Ignotus]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 31st, 2012, 4:31 am

OOCI couldn't contact you before I replied so I took some obligations. I can edit it if you'd like to end the thread or whatever you want. Sorry if it's not a very well done post, I had to make it quick.

Gale looked at Ignotus as he complimented his work and glanced at the few who saw the corpse. Seeing two run away from the scene, Gale thought it was a good time to leave, but when Ignotus patted him, it made him hesitate briefly. Just long enough to heard the shrilled cry coming from the man's wife.

Gale jumped in shock and wiped around, seeing her fall to her knees in front of the corpse and pound on his chest. Gale's eyes widened and his face went blank and pale.

Gods, what had he done? He had a family....

Gale was instantly overwhelmed by guilt and fury. Confusion and shock also in the mix. Sadness made it's way in slowly as well, as Gale shifted the glass to be hidden again. He looked at Ignotus, covering his face with his cloak. His lips turned to an angered frown.

Gale went over to him and grabbed his arm. He attempted to bring Ignotus away to ask him a question. After he felt he was at a comfortable distance from the scene, Gale pulled Ignotus in front of him.

"You didn't know about her, did you?" Gale asked angrily. It would have been nice to know things like that before hand so if he happened to know he had a family from his observations, Gale would be pissed.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Remember Me? [Ignotus]

Postby Ignotus Everto on August 31st, 2012, 4:23 pm

Ignotus' eyes narrowed as Gale dragged him away from the scene of the crime. Couldn't he let him enjoy the show for just one minute?
"You didn't know about her, did you?" Gale demanded.

Of course. He had to be sentimental. Ignotus glared daggers at the fresh murderer. "No. Even if I did, what difference does it make? Did I put the weapon in your hands? Did I tell you to kill him instead of telling the Wave Guard? I didn't." the Hypnotist began to slowly circle Gale, his shoes thudding loudly against the cobblestone. "What, you think yourself noble for putting the blame on someone else? Don't make me laugh!" he hissed, "I saw that sick smile on your face..." Icy fingers curled around his shoulder, and Ignotus leaned in behind the artist to whisper into his ear, breath as cold as frost ghosting against his cheek. "You enjoyed it."

His other arm began to snake around Gale's waist, a greying hand slowly starting to drift down, "You felt that man's life spurting between your fingers, spilling onto your chest, and it was orgasmic!" his hand stopped an inch from his manhood, and the Nuit shoved him violently away. "Don't pretend to be some tragic figure!" he barked, "You're a monster. A cold blooded killer. Nothing more. It wasn't even for Hana; You just wanted an excuse!"

He wanted to break him. To pull the rug out from under him. To watch this holier-than-thou peasant fall to his knees and weep. Throughout his speech he was tugging at Gale's feelings of shame, chiseling at his sense of identity and shoring up his authority with the force of Djed. Now the only question was how the "hero" would react.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Remember Me? [Ignotus]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on August 31st, 2012, 6:07 pm

Gale's eyes met the daggers of Ignotus' as he gave his response. He turned as he circled him, not wanting his back turned to him. When Iggy's hand was placed on his shoulder, he brushed it off, feeling the cold skin against his.

Gale wasn't blaming anyone for what he did. He knew what he did and that he did it willingly. He couldn't deny it or shake it away. He was responsible for his own actions, even if the man seemingly nagged at him to do it.

He was going to respond but he hesitated when Ignotus continued, saying,"You enjoyed it."

He couldn't deny that either, as much as he wished to. It aggravated him to admit it, now knowing that the man had loved ones as well. He enjoyed taking a husband's life. Possibly even a father for all he knew. It made Gale's emotions spin in confusion.

When Iggy's other hand, however, coiled around his waist and get too close to personal areas, he grabbed his hand and threw it away, being shoved in return. He stumbled but turned to him after gaining his balance.

Another few slurs followed before he came to a conclusion. Monster? Now that was something he couldn't admit. He was always a nicer guy that tried to be helpful. He didn't want to accept that he changed after Hana's death. He wanted to be the same man as he once was but this would never be, to Gale's dismay. No. He wasn't a monster. Just...just...Well, not a monster. A monster was someone who killed for fun. A monster was someone who slaughtered people like the were cattle. A monster was someone who egged them on. He was not a monster.

Gale continued to glare at the Nuit as he gave his response.

"If I had known that he had a family my actions would have been different." He answered his first question first. "But I'm not blaming anything on anyone. I know what I did, even though I'm not proud of it. " Gale's tone then started to raise again in frustration. "But don't make me sound like I'm the only one that has ever committed murdered. I am no monster!"
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Remember Me? [Ignotus]

Postby Ignotus Everto on September 1st, 2012, 1:57 am

Ignotus laughed, a cold, mocking sound. "You really think you'd have staid your revenge for some stranger? Don't lie to yourself. You lust for blood. You crave it." He couldn't dampen Gale's anger at his level, but he could redirect it. With a great deal of work, and even more suggestions, he could turn it from lashing outward, to driving inward.

"You say you don't blame anyone, but you talk to be as if I willed his wife into existence? What, did you think everyone around you simply floated in space?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. "And you're not proud of it? I saw you grinning like you'd found the True Way right after you did it!" You say you're not a monster; what is one, then? Someone who kills for pleasure? You just did. Someone who destroys families? You just did." Taking advantage of Gale's glaring, Ignotus drove a single, piercing thought into his mind through the connection afforded by their locked eyes.

"I really am a bastard..."

"You may not be the only person who's killed, but you're no better than them. It's unhealthy to deny who you are, Gale... And you're a murderer."

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Remember Me? [Ignotus]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 1st, 2012, 4:23 am

The blonde listened to the next heap of insults that had started to drive him insane. If one of them didn't stop then they would just go on forever. He wanted to slit Ignotus' throat to get him to shut up but that wouldn't solve anything. It would only prove he was right. Gale rolled his eyes and placed his hand, once again, on his hips, before pulling his left hand away quickly at the pain of his stinging cut. He glanced down at his bleeding hand as he explained how he was a monster.

He had a point....Again....He had that joyous feeling of doing it all too. damn.

Gale had enough of this. He wasn't going to take anymore of his pestering. Looking up at Ignotus, Gale replied simply.

"You know, I think it's time we went our separate ways. I have no doubt that both of us have better places to be."

With that, Gale turned down the street to head off back home.
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on September 2nd, 2012, 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Remember Me? [Ignotus]

Postby Ignotus Everto on September 1st, 2012, 5:05 am

The Nuit sucked on his teeth. The whelp had proved more resilient than he thought. That or just less dramatic. He really couldn't complain about how the night had turned out; a man dead, a woman weeping, and a new, rather lethal tool in his box... Now to salvage the situation. Ignotus had to admit to himself that even he made mistakes, after all. He could work him some more later.

"Gale... I'm sorry. I was just a little upset when you acted like the wife was my fault. You can forgive me, can't you? Of course you can..." he took a couple steps forward, his arms splayed out to either side of him. The wizard tugged on the threads of affection he had planted earlier, allowing his voice to elicit the rise of a faint joy underneath Gale's irritation. "Now if you've got somewhere to go, I'll not stand in your way. After all, I only have the best intentions for you." "For me."

Ignotus turned on his heel and started to walk away before pausing sharply. "Oh and... Gale? Take care of yourself. It would be a shame if any Wave Guards caught wind of what you did... But don't worry. No one saw you except for me, and I wouldn't ruin a friend." he looked back at Gale and smiled amicably, but his eyes flashed dangerously. "We're friends, aren't we? Of course we are. Anyways, good evening..." and with that, he strolled off down the wet stone street as the sorrowful screaming of the sailor's wife continued, a merry whistle echoing from the Nuit to accompany her. Slowly the sound got softer, until the last note of the nursery rhyme faded and shadow swallowed Ignotus' form, leaving only the shuddering sobs of the mourning woman.

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Remember Me? [Ignotus]

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on September 1st, 2012, 6:20 am

When Gale heard Ignotus apologize he raised an eyebrow. He was sorry? For what? He didn't seem to think any of this was his fualt. It sort of wasn't either but still...But he was sorry?

Gale noticed he had stopped and spared Ignotus a look over his shoulder. The scowl was gone but was replaced with confusion. He only had the best intensions huh? Pfft.

Gale listened as Ignotus walked away, the cries of the widow tearing at him like a starving pack of wolves. He ended up standing there, looking over his shoulder towards the crime scene even after Ignotus left sight. Soon after realizing this, Gale pulled his head forward, shaking it as he headed back home, playing with the bloody piece of glass in his unscathed hand.

Once again, Ignotus was right. Now that he had murdered someone he had to be more careful not to get on Ignotus' bad side. He had many points today. Taught him something too. He needed to be more wise with his decisions and pick his fights more wisely. Also that not everyone from his childhood were one hundred percent friendly.

What a strange man...
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Remember Me? [Ignotus]

Postby Cascade on September 16th, 2012, 8:35 am

Adventurer's Loot

Gale's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Observation +1
Weapon: Dagger +1
Subterfurge +1
Brawling +2
Stealth +2

Lore:
Questions About Hana's Death
Hatred and Selfishness
Bloodeye: The Nickname Fists
Murdering For The First Time
Taking Revenge
Glass: A Makeshift Dagger
Using Glass To Kill
Enjoying Murder
The Dead Sailor: David

Items or Consequences:
-1.5gm

Notes:
Subterfurge was for what he did in order to obtain the shard.
Iggy's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Hypnotism +3
Reimancy +1
Observation +1
Subterfurge +3
Interrogation +1

Lore:
Hana Is Dead
Planting Anger In One's Mind
Manipulating Gale
Driving Gale to Kill
The Innocent Sailor Named David
Such a dark thread! :P It was enjoyable. Keep it up. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous