The final confrontation. (Inodair)

A bounty hunter comes to get his mark.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on September 12th, 2012, 1:05 am

"There we go another hit for me!" Bojovnik shouted as his arrow made connection. He was planing on finishing the sentance but the arrow left from his hands as he didn't hold it tight enough. His strikes on his advarsary worked for the most part until the bag was opened. Objects fell from it and Inodair seemed to look at one specific object.

At first Bojovnik didnt know what it was but it was some form of a rope. Only too late did he realize what was happening. His rush towards the door didn't help and he tried to open it to no avail. Trying to keep a calm head Bojovnik turned around to collected his arrows and threw them back in his quiver still attached to the lose set of armor. Noticing the rucksack Bojovnik picked it up and threw his supplies inside. Knowing he had to catch Inodair he tossed the rucksack out the window shattering it and making room for him. Bojovnik climbed threw and cut himself on his left arm again.

Picking up the rucksack Bojovnik chased after Inodair. Seeing enough of the back of Inodair it was easily enough to follow him. The two finally made it to the canal were Inodair was clearly heading. Bojovnik placed the rucksack on the ground a once again reached for his sword cursing at his stupidity for not having it. "Why you running Inodair. Your just delaying the inevitable! This is going to go down one way or the other." Bojovnik shouted back breathing heavily.

"You going to take a dive into the water and try to swim away!" Bojovnik leaned on a wall. " Come on friend...make this easy on yourself".
Bojovnik Vybutit
Tell me I cant, I'll show you I can.

Words: 47918
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inoadar on September 12th, 2012, 2:36 am

"You won't take me alive, traitor!" Inoadar shouted over his shoulder as he reached the edge of the canal at a run. A casual observer would guess that he hadn't noticed the signs warning citizens not to dive as there were "deadheads" in the canal there. Pilings whose tips lurked just below the surface, invisible to a diver, left over from an old pier that had sunk enough to become unusable. The planks had been salvaged but the old pilings were too much trouble to exhume.

Inoadar had chosen this spot just for that purpose. He took note of a small ringlet of waves from a stick he had tied to the end of one of the deadheads and dove headfirst right in front of it. As he hit, he arched his body inward to curl back towards the canal wall where his blowgun/cane and daggers were tied to a large bundle below the surface. He cut the dagger loose and cut the bundle open with it, pulling his blowgun/cane out first. It was not for its weapon use that he wanted it. He twisted the crook loose and inched up the wall until the tip of the tube broke the surface. Taking a single deep breath through it, he pulled the remaining bundle loose, and gave it a shove towards where he had first entered the water.

A crowd had gathered at the edge, some with looks of horror on their faces, other laughing cruelly at the foolishness of the diver as a body floated to the surface, it's neck clearly broken. It was dressed exactly as the diver had been dressed and a fisherman confirmed that this was the man who had just dove in moments earlier. He gave a grim account of seeing the mans head snap back as he hit the surface, his weight and momentum carrying him below briefly, only to float back up. A pair of Ebonstryfe guards arrived to keep curious fools from falling in as well as they pushed people back.

Inching himself away below the surface, breathing through the blowgun tube, Inoadar reached a second pier and rose behind the pilings, staying in the shadow underneath the pier as he listed in. He could hear Deviano's voice, livid with outrage, insisting that he and his associate, Bojovnik, had pursued the man and were entitled to the bounty, such as it was, with this "Inoadar" being dead. There was long debate as the evidence was taken. The overall, but not exact similarity between the body and the warrant's description. The discovery, by the fisherman, of elements of disguise putty and skin paints in the pockets of the corpse. Deviano's triumphant cry that this explained the discrepancy. Everyone's general agreement that they HAD seen the two men pursue the man down the street to the canal.

The Ebonstryfe guards eventually admitted that there would probably be SOME reward and to report to the CEB with the warrant certificate to collect, but not expect any where near the full thousand. Inoadar listened with satisfaction as he observed that Bojovnik said next to nothing. HE would know it was not him. There was a marked lack of arrow wounds, and in his rush to mimic the leg wound, Inoadar was now pretty sure he'd slashed the wrong leg just before releasing the body to float to the surface.

He wondered what the young mercenary was thinking. He hoped he would not fear that Inoadar would carry some grudge. Inoadar understood that business was business. And while he didn't like to BE the object of business, the only reason he would have to make waves now was if Bojovnik chose to voice his own doubt and ruin his faked death. In the meantime, he needed to get back to the house and grab the rest of his stuff, as well as pay off the fisherman for his performance. He knew he would not be collecting any reward money as he had originally intended, but if his faked death held up, it would be worth much more.
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bojovnik Vybutit on September 15th, 2012, 9:13 pm

Stumped when Inodair leaped into the water Bojovnik ran over to the side of the balcony and looked for any sign of him swimming away. A crowd began to gather on the ledge on man shoved Bojovnik to get past and was greeted with a force full throw to the ground. The mercenary was not in the mood for some lowlife to get in his way. A body floated up to the top and people gasped.

Trying to remember what it was Inodair looked like Bojovnik began to believe the body was his. Until he spotted that the wrong leg has been cut and next to no arrow woulds were viable. When two Eponstryfe guards Deviano, who was somehow up to walking. He made some bull crap that the two were partners and worked together. One of the guards decided to say they should head over to the CEB.

Nodding to the guard Bojovnik shoved Dviano and after walking to the rucksack to retrieve the gear they walked to the CEB.

When he walked threw the door Bojovnik found the first person he saw not bothering to see who it was or what the looked like and began talking. "Hey you! I had this bounty on a man named Inodair that killed some Ebonstryfe. The warrant was for getting him alive but hes dead in the canals right now. Clearly somebody wanted him alive for information but I got this guy who knows all about him." Bojovnik then hit Deviano who had no idea that Bojovnik would sell him out as well. "I expect some reward buddy! Give me something or get me someone who can I dont like waiting!"
Bojovnik Vybutit
Tell me I cant, I'll show you I can.

Words: 47918
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2012, 3:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Inoadar on September 15th, 2012, 11:12 pm

First thing was first. The fisherman returned to his gear to find the promised ten gold mizas in his tackle box and "TY" crudely carved into the wood beside it. He smiled, thinking it was the easiest ten gold he'd ever earned.

Inoadar returned, limping, to the abandoned house where he hoped to find the remains of his rucksack and the belongings therein. He didn't think Bojovnik had had time to loot anything, considering how quickly he had given pursuit.

First, of course, he dug the grappling hook out of the door, minus the twenty feet of rope he had needed to tie up the "bundle" in the canal. He kicked the door open. At first, he didn't see his rucksack at all. 'The bastard must have grabbed it, damn him!' he cursed to himself as he thought of the gear that he had in it and the cost of replacing it all.

Thinking again, his "False Faces Kit" was nearly spent, which was why he had discarded the wooden case. There was really only enough for one disguise left in it, The remaining odds end ends were what he had placed in the pockets of the corpse to add credibility to the ruse that his appearance, described on the warrant, was inaccurate, due to disguises, and that the body in the canal would be accepted as his own.

Just as he was about to kick the old rickety chair to kindling in frustration, a glint of sun caught his eye. His Sighting Lens!! Thank the Gods. Now he understood, Bojovnik had grabbed the rucksack, but had not had time to investigate its contents or to search the room.

He did so now and found, beside the spyglass, his knuckleduster, his blanket and some clothes. he was about to shake his head at the low value of these things when he lifted the blanket to look beneath it. He let out a low whistle of relief to see his leather roll-up container of poisons. He also found his garrotte, dropped by the door.

All in all, he was missing his whip, his "Bird's Tongue" voice changer, one disguise' worth of "False Faces" pieces, his glass cutter, and his concealable 5-loop dart bracer containing one dart each of 'Lost Tongue', 'Dark Tongue', 'Lazy Gel' and 'Bloodroot' doses, the last loop being empty. There were also some clothing items. It appeared Bojovnik now had a new light blue cotton hood, tan cotton cloak, red cotton scarf, black pants and his old black boots.

It stung to lose some of these items, given that he now had no pretext to get a share of his own bounty. Strangely the black pants were as sore an issue as anything else, considering that the ones he now wore, with the bloody slash on the right thigh, were now the only pants he owned.

'Well...' he thought to himself, as he so often did, 'easy come, easy go.'
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on October 26th, 2012, 10:39 pm

When Bojovnik arrived at the CEB demanding a reward, he was met with stern looks from the Ebonstryfe guards present, and nearly arrested himself. Lucky for him, one of the men recognized the name Inoadar, even though it had been mispronounced "Inodair." After some confirmation, it was determined that what Bojovnik was saying was indeed true and infact, the man who was with him also had a bounty on his head, albeit a much smaller one than Inoadar. Unfortunately for Bojovnik, they wanted Inoadar alive, and he was rewarded the paltry sum of one hundred gold mizas for killing him, and was informed quite clearly that he might have gotten more were it not for his rudeness, as well as an additional one hundred gold mizas for the capture of Deviano.

As for Inoadar himself, he would find that his name was removed from the bounty lists if he ever thought to check. He wasn't entirely off the hook, howwever, and days later, he awoke in the middle of the night with the feeling that something was wrong. No matter where he searched, he would not find anyone watching him, but he did find a letter. It read simply, "We know the truth."

Bojovnik Vybutit

• +2 Shortbow
  • +2 Handaxe
  • +1 Brawling

Lores: Cashing In

Loot: 200 gold mizas, rucksack, glass cutter, "birds tongue" voice device, one disguise worth of "False Faces" kit, 5-loop concealed bracer armed with 4 darts contaiing 1 each of Dark Tongue, Lost Tongue, Lazy gel, and Bloodroot poisonsSee price list for details on the poisons, light blue cotton hood, tan cotton cloak, red woolen scarf, simple black pants and boots

Inoadar

• +1 Acrobatics
  • +1 Whip
  • +1 Observation
  • +1 Brawling
  • +1 Swimming
  • +1 Subterfuge

Lores: Faking Ones Death

Losses: -10gm, rucksack, glass cutter, "birds tongue" voice device, one disguise worth of "False Faces" kit, 5-loop concealed bracer armed with 4 darts contaiing 1 each of Dark Tongue, Lost Tongue, Lazy gel, and Bloodroot poisons, light blue cotton hood, tan cotton cloak, red woolen scarf, simple black pants and boots

You Question My Logic? :
If you have any questions on the award, feel free to ask.

Notes: Okay guys, great thread, but just be careful of overplaying your skills. Neither of you are epic warriors yet, so keep that in mind. Keep up the good work!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous