Closed Shirts, Skirts, and Fancy Dresses[Kyra]

Clyde takes Kyra out shopping, for some fancy duds.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Shirts, Skirts, and Fancy Dresses[Kyra]

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 14th, 2012, 2:52 am

1 Fall 512

It was about a bell till it would be considered afternoon, when Clyde found himself at Kyra's place once more.

He lightly knocked on the door, waiting a chime before knocking again louder, if she had not yet answered the door. But first he would speak through the door, announcing who he was, and his business.

"Hello Kyra, it is Clyde here. I thought we might go out for a bit. Maybe do a bit of shopping..."

He was looking forward to seeing the kelvic once more, taking her out and dressing her up a bit, or at least giving her something decent to wear. He knew of a nice place, Azure's, which had some nice things for those willing to spend a bit more. And her current wardrobe was almost as bad as his own, simple and to the point. And come to think of it, he was not sure if she even owned a dress...

Though coming over was always a bit of a surprise, it was hard to say what she would be up to. If she would be just waking up, or already up for awhile, or come out half undressed like a previous encounter.

He would just have to wait and see.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kyra on October 19th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Kyra awoke early that day and set out into the city. Although rising at such an early hour wasn't something she did often, there was some place the young kelvic needed to visit. The jester's corner had become a favorite place of hers to shop, and since she had the extra coin, she decided to spend some of it. Sadly there was nothing new that she hadn't already seen before, or didn't already have.

Kyra left the shop and the Merchant's ring as well, she was yet to make plans for the day, and decided to return home for a while before she would venture out again much later. The young kelvic moved through the streets of the city lightly on her toes, The dark red cloak draped over her tiny frame covered her blouse and skirt completely, and leaving only the shoes of her boots exposed. Her hair hung loose, blondish locks resting in ripples around her neck and the inner side of the hood at the back of her cloak, appearing almost silver from the brightness of the afternoon sun.

She was surprised as she returned to her home to find Clyde there. The Mage was knocking at her door and speaking through it as if there were someone on the other side. Her full lips curved upward as she looked on, wondering how long he had been standing there, or perhaps how long would he wait before abandoning his quest and going away. Her mind was ever curious, and to an extent that most found strange, but it was in her nature to be so. It was a fact really, and one that she had come to learn herself. People tend to wait longer for things that they care about, or people they cared for. She was curious to know how long he would wait for her, and to what end would keep him, until he left and found another.

Kyra waited for a few more ticks before her curious nature suddenly changed, and she found herself slowly sneaking up behind him. So far, she had failed in her attempts to sneak up on him, but she was determined to catch him off guard. She slowly moved closer, lightly placing the tips of her toes on the ground in front of her before settling the heel down and lifting the other foot to attempt the same. Once she was right behind him she paused, once again lifted herself on her toes to reach his ear as she spoke. "Are you looking for me Clyde Sullins?"

Last edited by Kyra on October 22nd, 2012, 5:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kyra
Strength is meaning

Words: 516587
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2012, 6:39 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 21st, 2012, 1:36 am

Clyde was a jumpy person. He had always been so, some considered him on edge, even before he began magic, and got all the more paranoid. Therefore, he was not a good person to surprise, or to take surprises well... So really, a large reaction from him was to be expected.

He had been considering leaving, trying to decide how long he should wait, when suddenly someone was right behind him, speaking in his ear. He reacted as only a mage of his skill did.

He yelled, spun on the spot, and brought his staff around, trying to smash his assailant in the head with his wooden staff. If she did not act fast, or did not move to avoid or duck it, she would get a good wallop aside her head. Though luckily for her, his skill in using his staff as a fighting weapon was not all to high, so she had a decent chance of saving herself.

But instinctively, he did not stop there, and as he let out the yell, a mist of bright silver res, came out of his mouth, readying him to fight and defend himself.

As he realized who it was that had startled him, and that was not attacking him, he took a step back, only to collide with the door. Along with that he did his best to suck his res back in, before it wafted over to Kyra's face. Breathing that stuff in would not be pleasant for her, it would be like breathing in burning hot water.

"Kyra! Petch, don't do that! You know I don't like being startled... I was coming to see if you might want to go shopping... Maybe get something at Azure's and get something nice to wear..."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kyra on October 21st, 2012, 8:10 pm

The sudden movement of the jumpy mage instantly put Kyra on alert causing her to react. Quick and nimble, she learned backward, her back arching as her body flipped over, hands pressing against the ground as she lifted her legs over her head and back onto the ground. Luckily she moved just in time before his staff collided with her ankles and settled back onto the ground, knees bending as she slid back another pace.

Kyra hadn't seen everything, but she did catch sight of the silver mist that escaped from his mouth in the form of his res. She had seen this before and knew that it was his magic being projected out from him. The sight of this caused another reaction from her, as she reached to her hip for the dagger that she now carried. She waited for a tick to see what he would do, and only because she knew him as a friend.

Once he realized who she was and addressed her, she slowly stood up again, her gaze still a bit widen from his sudden outburst. She stared at him curiously, her actions while odd to him, were normal for her and something she had done in the past many times. Removing her hand from the handle of the dagger, she smiled innocently at him and tilted her head. "Are you really so easily spooked?"

If he had any idea how much she enjoyed seeing him jumping about like a mad man, he would probably try hard to hide that side of himself. Humans that were considered normal by standards, were very boring to her. She was more interested in the human's who had quirks and behaved differently from most she saw on a daily basis. Clyde was one of such humans and her teasing antics weren't about to stop any time soon. Her smile brighten just a bit when he mentioned taking her shopping, it wasn't something she did often and she did enjoy dressing up.

"Is my attire displeasing?" She said teasingly as she flung open her cloak and glanced down upon her clothing. "You surprise me, I didn't know that you were into fashion?" With a mischievous smile, she sauntered back up to him and offer her hand. "Lead the way."

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on October 27th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Clyde shook his head. This petching kelvic, always setting him off. She was going to end up getting a limb blasted off, if she kept messing with him. Luckily he had noticed soon enough who it was, but he might not always be so lucky. And neither might she.

"Yes, you petching well know I am! I am sure you recall when you woke me up in your animal form. Its not funny!" He said, shaking his head, and fighting a grin that was coming over his face, clearly showing that in hindsight he did find it funny... But he was still doing his best not to show that to Kyra, or to let his face show it.

She carried on, using her words to tease him rather simply, yet still effectively for there simplicity.

"I did not say they were displeasing, but I thought you might like something nice to wear, instead of the same old stuff you wear over and over. I mean do you even own a dress, let alone one that costs more than a gold miza apiece?"

"And if you have ever seen what I wear, you know I am not into fashion. But I thought you might like to be treated to something nicer to wear, something not made of hard leather or rough cloth."

She seemed placated easily enough, and took his hand, letting him take her to were he had mentioned. He just gave her a smirk, and led her off. Off to a nicer bit of Ravok, not to the common merchants district, but to the Nobles District, full of classier shops and richer people to buy their goods.

Finally, they found there way to Azure Reflections Fine Tailoring, a place Kyra most likely had never been to before. Were they probably did not even sell anything worth less than a gm apiece, if not a good bit more.

It had expensive rugs over the fancy wooden floor, and crystal light fixture spreading their sight enabling light, with the store full of luxurious and expensive rolls of clothes, outfits, and many such things.

Coming inside Clyde got the attention of the person in charge, and motioned to Kyra. "Could we start her off with something, whatever she likes. Maybe something of silk?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kyra on November 1st, 2012, 12:37 am

Kyra silently nodded, doing her best to bite back a giggle. Even though he yelled at her, she could tell that he enjoyed their little games, just as she did. If he could see the look on his face he would possibly understand her amusement. She nodded again as she purred softly, even offering him an apologetic smile. Still, the mage had to know that it wasn't over.

She could only pout as he spoke ill of her clothing. It was a curious thing for him to say, as he had seemed to admire her attire and so much more the night at the tavern. Kyra didn't say anything more besides offering her hand for him to led her on. She had also been interested in the fact that he was also going to get new clothing. Until that day, she had only seen him in robes, and wondered if he would buy more of the same. Though they seemed to fit him, she didn't like them as much for herself. Though the robes she had tried on were his and of course much bigger.

The young kelvic walked along side him as they journeyed through the city, all the while looking about and wondering what shop he was going to stop in. She was surprised when he left the merchant's district and entered the Nobles area. It had been some time, to her a life time really, since she last was there. Kyra had once known the place as her home, before her life was changed forever on that accursed day.

Though Clyde may not have noticed, her steps slowed somewhat as they neared places that she remembered. Azure's was one of such places, as her mother had taken her there to buy clothing. In those days, the little kelvic was more reckless than ever and easily ruined her dresses that had to be replaced. The building seemed the same, as if not a day had pasted since she had last visited.

Her lost memories were recovered, and poured out in bright colors and warm smells that surrounded her, and bringing back the life that she had lost. Though the illusion didn't last long, nor could it. Her mother was gone and the life that she had for her along with it. Alessa was no more, she was now Kyra.

She turned back to Clyde as he started to speak, realizing then that she had wondered off a few feet from where he stood talking with someone. She remembered the woman, her striking red hair was very different from most in the city. Kyra turned away from them, as she began to browse again. It didn't take her long to find something, and she moved right to it. A dress that was on display inside the shop, A dark colored gown that wrapped around the manikin in a slim fit, while ruffling out at the bottom. The shoulders were bare, and a low cutting V shape curving the front and back. It looked nice, and she waist no time in moving to try it on.

It didn't take long and Kyra reappeared from behind the velvet curtains dressed in the gown of her choice. She moved forward a few steps in Clyde's direction and posed for him. "What do you think, Is it me?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 1st, 2012, 4:24 am

Clyde did not notice as Kyra got a bit put off. He was to focused on were they were going, making sure he did not get lost... Which even with his time in Ravok, still happened at times. But he did not want to do so today, and embarrass himself in front of Kyra.

Clyde looked around Azures, seeing all of the different fabrics and things, trying to figure out what they all were... Honestly, he spent little time messing about with clothing, just as long as it got him by. But he knew other people placed more importance on clothing, and on whether it looked nice or not... Which meant he needed to bear that in mind and find something nice...

As Kyra ran off grabbing a dress, Clyde looked around himself, feeling a few things, trying to pick something out to try on... He went through some pants, and found some his size, one that was a dark velvet material, another which was a deep silk... Both felt different to what he was used to wearing, but he was not sure which he liked better.

He was about to turn to Kyra, one pair of pants in each hand, when she came back out, newly dressed. He grinned at her, taking in the dress that she had chosen. From the way she was asking, she clearly wanted Clyde's approval. He simply grinned upon seeing her in it, of course it had to be one that was low cut, what else would she pick.

"It is nice. I would say it is you, or at least the style fits you. What do you think that is made of? I can never recall fabric names..."

He blinked, realizing he had been staring for a bit, and brought out the pairs of pants to show her.

"What of these, what do you think of these for some pants for me. Though they are of different fabrics. Which do you like better?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kyra on November 2nd, 2012, 5:17 am

Kyra smiled as he nodded, taking that to mean that he did like the dress. She looked it over again, fingers sliding up and down the soft, thin fabric as she tried to discern what it was made of. It was a good question, and had she the knowlegde on such things, she would have gladly answered. "Is this what you call silk? I think so, it feels silky."

She liked the dress well enough, but as she moved about, she found her legs a tad restricted. This made her feel a bit uncomfortable being that Kyra enjoyed moving around, and on occasion climbing up walls, which wouldn't do well in such a dress. She stood there for a few ticks lightly kicking her bare feet out from under the ruffles that extended from her calves to the helm of the gown.

It wasn't until Clyde spoke up that she looked away from the gown that she was only a tick away from pulling off. Turning to Clyde and the pants that he held, Kyra moved closer to inspect them, then suddenly snatching them from his hands and pushing them against his body to get a better visual. The cheeky kelvic then tossed aside the first pair of pants and repeated the same action with the second.

"I like these, buy them." She said with a smile, Kyra enjoyed dark colors as well as brighter, but there was something about the dark velvet material that she thought looked right for him. She lifted her arms up, gently pushing the pants back into his hands as she looked to him, her lips puckered, as she thought out loud. "Now..you must have a shirt." A quick turn in her step, and Kyra was off into the racks again, this time looking for a shirt for Clyde.

She glanced from rack to rack, even going back to ones she had already checked to make sure she didn't miss anything. Turning on her heels she headed back towards Clyde only to turn away again when something caught her eye. She found a dark shirt of the same material as the pants and even a similar color. The design was close in style to the mage robes he wore, though the sleeves were bigger and a tall collar rose about the neck.

In her mind it was the perfect shirt for him, and she wasted little time in returning to his side, shirt in hand. "I think this will do, don't you agree?" She innocently bit her lip as she waited for his replay. "And maybe..next you can help me?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on November 2nd, 2012, 8:04 pm

Clyde simply smiled as Kyra played around with her dress, trying to find her feet, or at least that is what he assumed it was for... And though it would probably be nice at a party, it did not seem like you could move to well in it, from one spot to another. Or was that part of its design?

He just smiled as she worked her way over, and said he should buy the dark velvet pants. He just nodded, and tucked them under an arm, were he could get them and try them on later, to make sure they fit.

Then she had set off again, proclaiming she would find him a shirt. In the meantime, he looked around, going through all of the many different things, trying to find something he had not seen already... He simply nodded as she showed back up with the shirt, and placed it with the pants, noticing it matched with the pants and was rather similar to it.

"Very nice... Perhaps they are a matching set? Or made in the same batch?"

He grinned as she asked him to help her, recalling some things he had seen, and motioned for her to follow.

"What about one of these, they look a lot more comfortable than the leather one you wear..."

The one he had picked up was a silk corset, about Kyra's size, with cloth ties in the back you pulled on and tightened, and tied, different from the clasps on her leather one.

Handing it to her, he wandered off and let her go through the corsets, while he looked about in the dresses, trying to think of what she might like... Finally, he found one he thought would fit her well, and she could actually walk in.

It was a slim silk one like the other dress, fitting to the curves of her body, but without the ruffles or wide bottom. It also did not have the same plunging neckline as the other one, with a length of fabric coming over each shoulder... The neckline would only come down to just below the bottom of her throat, hinting at flesh instead of putting it on parade... But unlike the other one, it had a slit up each side, up to about thigh length, which would make it a lot easier to move her legs in.

"What about this?" He called out to her.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Kyra on November 3rd, 2012, 6:12 pm

Kyra nodded to him, agreeing that the clothing were possibly a matching set. If the items were separate, they were surely made by the same designer. Although Clyde stated that he wasn't into fashion, he seemed pleased enough, or at least trusted her styling sense. "You're going to turn many heads now, whatever will you do?" she smiled teasingly and stood back to look him over.

She followed him as he moved back to the women's side to help her find something more fitting. The gown that she wore really was starting to bother her, but she remained calm, remembering a similar incident when she was but a kitten and had removed the dress right there in the front of the store. Her mother had been very embarrassed and told her never to do that again.

The very young and naive kelvic had been quite confused then, slipping out of her dresses and roaming about was something she did at home, especially when she shifted forms. But now she understood it all, she knew the ways of humans and their many rules, though she had no intention of following half of them. Still in this instance, she behaved and decide to wait before disrobing.

Kyra moved to the silk corsets that he pointed out and looked them over. The material was much finer than that of the one she owned, and it felt lighter and more giving in the seams. She took the corset from his hands, turned it, pressing it against her chest while arching her back to allow the cloth to settle better on her body. "This one is very nice, I do like the orange color, do you think it suits me?"

After Clyde wandered off, Kyra browsed the corsets a bit longer, finding a light blue color that she also liked. It was hard for her to decide which one she liked better as both were the same except the chosen color. She found a mirror near-by and took a moment to display each corset upon her frame, and yet she wasn't able to pick one. Kyra decided that she would let Clyde pick, it seemed only fitting. "Clyde Sullins?"

It was then that he called out to her, and Kyra sauntered over to join him. The gown that he had found was different in style from the one that she still wore, but of the same silk material. She looked to the gown, letting her fingers trail over the fabric and taking it into her hands to hold it up to her neck. "Do you prefer this one?" she asked him with a smile. It was an interesting choice to make for someone who wasn't into fashion, but a good choice.

"Well..I suppose I should try it on then?" A mischievous grin appear on her lips as she dumped the clothing back onto him, before taking his hand and leading him back into the changing area with her. Once behind the curtain, she slipped out of the dress, revealing the dark blue garments that she wore beneath and tossed the discarded dress onto his shoulder. A soft giggle slipped out as she flipped her hair back over her shoulders. "First the dress..." she said simply and took the gown that he had picked and tried it on. It was more fitting than the first, and stayed in place when she moved around. It also clung to her form, but not so much that it would make breathing difficult."I like it...I suppose I might turn a few heads, no?"

Kyra
Strength is meaning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next