Flashback skull face

Razkar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

skull face

Postby Cana on November 2nd, 2012, 3:41 am

Her head snapped back with the blow, and she stumbled for a few steps, before trying to shake off the injuries again. She bit her tongue with the hit and she tasted blood, but she didn't care. She wasn't going to back down to this shurak.

"Is that all you got? Ma'khan'um!" She taunted and teased before spitting blood and saliva into the sand next to her. Cana held her scythe steady, steady, even though every inch of her body was killing her and telling her to stop. But what kind of Myrian let a kick in the knee stop her from fighting?

She held her scythe with the top of the handle almost pointing at Razkar. The blade pointed downwards, curving, wicked sharp, and very difficult to use without scalping the opponent. Which was a good thing...when you were in a real battle. Here, in a spar, her best bet was using the scythe like a giant stick. You take what you get, right?

She jabbed him in the stomach.
Cana
Before

Words: 6738
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2012, 5:12 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

skull face

Postby Razkar on November 3rd, 2012, 12:40 am

Razkar gave Cana credit: she was managing her pain brilliantly. Mere moments after he nailed her with a blow that would have floored someone else, she just spat out a thick mess of blood and saliva and cursed her opinion of him. He couldn't keep the smile from his face.

Good girl.

Now she came at him with the scythe held like a spear, shaft pointed at him, blade curving downwards. She lunged at his chest and he felt the top of the weapon thud into his sternum, knocking him back-

-until he batted it away with his gladius, blade held vertical, knocking the blade and the shaft away from him and to her right-

-and at the same time lashing out with his right leg, not quite a kick but a sweep from his right, aiming to take her left leg out from under her.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

skull face

Postby Cana on November 3rd, 2012, 5:00 am

He seemed to have forgotten she was a dancer - his simple leg sweep was easily jumped over as if it were child's play. Cana collapsed unceremoniously when she landed. Even if she could easily jump that high, she wasn't used to landing from that high. She didn't tire easily, but she was tired now. She stood up, took a few steps back from Razkar, taking deep breaths. Her skin was slicked with sweat, and she was ready to maybe take a bath and take a nap. Good spars did that to her.

"Good spar. We'll have to do it again, sometime." She held out her hand to him, as if they weren't trying to brutally mutilate each other a few seconds before. She could feel the real pain now that the adrenaline rush was gone - the knee, the jaw, all her bruises. She would probably limp home now, even if she had been acting as if she had no injuries not much earlier.
Cana
Before

Words: 6738
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2012, 5:12 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

skull face

Postby Razkar on November 3rd, 2012, 5:20 am

Razkar didn't want to think about the pain she must be in, landing on that bruised knee after jumping his kick. She tottered back a few feet, staying out of his way. She was breathing hard, almost panting, sweat running down her chest in rivulets now.

Razkar was doing pretty much the same, gladius held ready for the next move...

"Good spar. We'll have to do it again, sometime."

... only to be offered a hand, instead.

He sheathed his sword, taking a few seconds to get some breath back into his lungs. He can feel the bruise already sprouting on his head. His thigh's on fire and his ribcage will be... colorful tomorrow.

Razkar gives a tight, polite smile and shakes her hand.

"Gladly."

She turned on her heel and walked away, not missing a step, and the male shook his head. Made of steel, that one. But when shegot to the street, he saw her slump. The walk became a sort of jerking hobble, her injuries catching up with her.

Smiling, he watched her friends crowd around her, awe and concern in equal measure writ large in their gestures and volume. They buzzed like flies around Cana as she walked away, teeth gritted... and head still held high.

A cough from across the Yard. Tuva stood there, ripping into an apple, eyebrow cocked.

"Finished trying to impress little girls?"

Razkar snorted, started to walk... and then quickly decided that a little limping would be in order, too. After he gathered his ax and fell in behind her, Tuva rolled her eyes as she led the way back to the Garrison.

"Was it worth it?"

"Time will tell."

Razkar was glad she was in front; she couldn't see him smiling. Bruises and welts on his body, but by her hand. His fingers brushed each one, even when doing so sent little crackles of pain flashing through him.

Time will tell...
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

skull face

Postby Schism on November 4th, 2012, 2:56 am

I’ll Give it To Ya

A note before the grade, for the love of all that is valued in this world, Capitalize your Titles. Do so “loudly” with great pride. Thank you. Now, for the good stuff…

Cana

Skill(s):
Dance +3
Grooming +1
Observation +1
Seduction +3
Intimidating +3
Weapon: War Scythe +4
Unarmed Combat +3
Tactics +1

Lore(s):
Stepping Up To a Challenge
Every Man Has a Weak Spot
Exploiting Overconfidence
Thinking Tactically On Your…Foot
Respect Above All Else

Note(s):
Nice use of Myrian slang. There isn’t a skill for taunting precisely, so I took it as more playful, seductive, and bit intimidating.
Typo in your third post, Sh should be She. And then there’s more interesting use of the slang. Remember those swear words are for insults and challenges. :P
I love the Cheshire reference. I miss our fellow Cheshire… Oh nostalgia. The smile is always a wicked move. Well played. Try to give me more in future combat threads. Yes, it’s good to see you reacting realistically to Razkar, but she should be engaging too. Be the star, not the supporting character; we have NPCs for those roles.
Dance… O.O

Razkar

Skill(s):
Rhetoric +1
Intimidation +1
Weapon : Gladius +4
Unarmed Combat +3
Acrobatics +2
Observation +2

Lore(s):
Army Service Isn’t Always Glory Battles
Defend Your Honor
Attack The Weak Spots
Taking Advantage of Your Opponent’s Weaknesses
Hubris Hurts
Respect Above All Else

Note(s):
The opening lines are classic, although cliché. I appreciate that. Watch the use of the word mistress. There are better choices for a comrade of either gender, unless you like the sexual connotations… xD Double check the definition of shurak; the use might be slightly different. We don’t exactly have a Myrian lexicon to make it a noun though…so, oh well. G’iib-tah is good. :P
Typo, third post, he patella should be “the”.
We’ve discussed “godmodding.”

Other Notes:
You two are vicious… I’m laughing as I type this because it’s wonderful. Keep up that Myrian spirit. I’d fully recommend more of these sparring threads: you get a better feel for combat, you learn more of your fellow player, and it’s a chance to fix mistakes of old (which I highly consider when awarding XP). That right there is character development, progressive, and deserving of mention and award if properly detailed.
Let me know if you don’t like the shared lore. I found it to be a valuable lesson for both of them, and there’s no plainer way to say it. I don’t want it to come across as lazy or generic. It’s actually that important I feel you both should have it.
As for “Time will tell…” I’m definitely expecting a sequel now. :P Well done, both of you. For Myri!

As always, feel free to contact me as any time regarding this thread or grade. Enjoy the spoils of your victory, little savages.
Schism
AS: Zinrah & The Jungle Wilds

Words: 118707
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2012, 2:32 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous