Fever Dream

Ricky // In which the Blight leads to Hadrian nearly losing himself in the chavena.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Fever Dream

Postby Hadrian on November 4th, 2012, 7:00 am

Hadrian laughed. He had found the only fisherman in Zeltiva who couldn't sail. Well, Nysel had a sense of humor.

"You had better learn as much as you can of sailing in the meantime, then," he said. "And build your strength. Well, you have the shoulders of an ox, so perhaps getting it out of its hidden dry dock won't be so difficult."

Not only had he told this relative stranger that he was marked by Nysel, but he had revealed the existence of his saique, the bequest from his ancestor, Victor Zekvan. It was linked to the hidden lair that he wished to remain a secret.

"Ricky," he said slowly. "Feel free to ask about me at the university if you wish. I teach there under normal circumstances. But please keep this dream to yourself? Very few people know I can walk the dreams, and nobody knows about my ship. I am a private person, but being here with you, I feel I can trust you. I hope that is true, and I will endeavor to earn your trust as well."
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Fever Dream

Postby Ricky Maze on November 4th, 2012, 7:28 am

He had a keen observation it seems, for Hadrian was an upstanding member of the university. Only he had secrets like everyone else, and trusted Ricky with them greatly.

"Hadrian if there be one thing you fan count on, it's how well I can keep a secret." Tis was true to his heart, Ricky couldn't lie to the boy at all. Not after the help he provided in opening Ricky's eyes to a new perspective. "Ye' have my word, I won't tell a soul" He grinned onc more, it seemed irony was at play indeed. Foul to its fullest, for they were exact opposites; yet so much alike. When it came to them being the two sides of the same coin, that alone wasn't enough to consider a way to see it.

They were so alike with their differences it was actually uncanny, and that was what made this irony foul at its play. Hadrian was a great companion to have, and Ricky was already convinced that they'll get along better then well.

"Tell ye' what, if things work out when I get back then I'll join up with the Sailor's Guild, so I can teach ya all the important things of sailin'." He held out his hand in an agreeable handshake, "'til then ya better get to feelin' better."
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Fever Dream

Postby Hadrian on November 4th, 2012, 7:49 am

"Thank you, Ricky," he said, reaching down to shake his hand. No conversation in the real world could go this easily, things passing from one to the other like shared thought, empathy reading truth and building trust. It was strange, but even the normally cautious Hadrian realized what was happening and chose to trust it. Everything happened for a reason, and this was clearly the work of a god.

"Believe me when I say I can't wait to return and learn what you have to teach."

He laughed and ruffled Ricky's wet hair as if they were boyhood friends. The world of dreams held such possibility, such hope. He could not explain his elation otherwise. It was a relief, too, to feel healthy, and he found he had no desire to return to his body just yet.

"If you don't mind, I feel much better here, and will stay for a while while my body mends. How is the water?" Of course, he could feel it with his feet, and he could alter the temperature for himself with a thought, but he felt whimsical and content.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Fever Dream

Postby Ricky Maze on November 4th, 2012, 8:14 am

It was unrealistic at how close they felt in such a short time, dreams practically happen in the fastest of times, as the body practically rests while the brain recooperates what it gathers. Yet in the short time they talked they already were beginning to act like lifelong pals. Almost like brother's really, as Ricky smiled from Hadrian's fondling was proof of this already, as it no doubt made Ricky aware; that while he had no siblings the feelings he now were associating with were like them.

"The water's fantastic as ever!" He cheered to him as he swam out a few feet, "C'mon in." He was happy but it wasn't enough to express the real emotion he felt, for tonight he realized more than just one thing.

The most important being that this realm is a world of infinite possibilites! Yet that's all they were, just possibilites. It was up to the dreamer's themselves to take those possibilities in their own hands, and make something out of it. Tonight was what Hadrian did exactly, and look at them two now. Bonded like two brothers by not blood or word, but by an possibility of another world.

Ricky waited for Hadrian to jump in, his heart now set on the future he must tend to. For now though while they both slept, he would enjoy the time they share.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Fever Dream

Postby Hadrian on November 4th, 2012, 8:31 am

Hadrian laughed again, a more lighthearted sound than Ricky was likely to hear from him in life. He got up, doffing his clothes down to his skivvies, each article fading out as he dropped them. Also in life, he was not a very physical person, but here his physicality was just an emanation of his mind. He had never felt this comfortable in his own skin.

He dove with a skill he did not possess, his 'body' perfectly answering the demands of his mind. The water felt as fantastic as Ricky had described it; he wondered if it felt this good in the real world. The only swimming he did was to wade into the sea to pray to Laviku, and that was hardly entertainment. The water of Mathews Bay was cold and briny, the surf something to struggle against.

This was bliss.

His head broke the surface and he was smiling beatifically, and began to float on his back without effort. Even with his ears under the gentle lap of the water, he could hear as if it were air.

"I see the danger now," he said. "Here you can shape your reality. It would be easy to hide here."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Fever Dream

Postby Ricky Maze on November 4th, 2012, 9:18 am

Those exact words Hadrian spoke could never be so true, for Ricky felt his mind free and lost among the joy of being home once again when he first came here. Now that he was aware of what the truth was, he still felt the call of serenity that would cloud his mind with the same feeling. What it was though wasn't true, for no return to home would be as grand or peaceful as this. He knew this and accepted it, but in knowing that he met Hadrian for the first time like this; he didn't want to let go.

This world felt so easy and so pure, as the possibilities around them would only exist for as long as they we're within. "If all were capable of pulling what we are now, then the world certainly never stop sleeping." Ricky jested with a chuckle, but he knew as well as Hadrian did that it was true. People were easily likely bound to run from their fear's then confront them, with their dreams to use as a cover for a better place. Yes if all we're capable of manipulating their dream's the world would surely hide in them to find sanctuary, in other terms; run away from that fear they need face.

Ricky was afraid of what he'd find when he got home, but he wasn't anymore now because of Hadrian. It's because people like him that those who "did" strive to achieve their real dream's would, and because of him that Ricky new who he was in both worlds.

He was Ricky Maze. Not but a fisherman left with his father's belongings and a dog, only to search for his place in the world. His friends and allies would only be there to show him the path, for it was up to him to find his destination.

He watched the night sky next to Hadrian, relaxing with his back as he too rested his ears in the water. A smile was upon his face still, as the two were now even closer friends that he could even imagine. "Thanks Hadrian, for givin' me a new perspective of things."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Fever Dream

Postby Hadrian on November 4th, 2012, 9:33 am

He smiled at the sky, agreeing with Ricky. Part of him wanted to reach out and hold his hand in a gesture of fraternity, but he floated separately for a time.

"Thank you, Ricky," he said, "for renewing my hope in what can be achieved when I return to Zeltiva. I have dreams for Zeltiva too, but I need other people to believe in them too, and to help me make them come real and true."

Perhaps it took a shared manifestation of dreaming to bridge two apparently dissimilar people, but Hadrian knew when he saw the fisherman face to face, he would be hard pressed to accept a rough handshake when they ought to embrace like brothers. Was that the lesson that Nysel sought to teach him? That he was connected to humanity, even to those who would seem on the surface so strange to him?

"Pray for me, will you?" he asked, voice suddenly hushed by rational fear. "I am going to Sahova on an important mission, but I know it is into the teeth of danger. Pray for me."
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Fever Dream

Postby Ricky Maze on November 4th, 2012, 10:11 am

Pray? What in Mizahar would require him to do something so dangerous, but then Sahova was a city of Sin to those with lawful eyes. If Hadrian were to go there, then Gods be damned if anything should happen to him. He looked to Hadrian as he heard the irrational fear that gripped his voice, the uneasiness he shone made Ricky actually begin to believe in faith. Not for the sake of faith itself, but the sake of Hadrian really.

He knew little of Sea God Laviku, as all sailor's and fisherman seem to revere him at least a little, but it was that little did begin to believe in now. As is faith being what makes us believe, Ricky believed he would see Hadrian again in the real world. Dreams may come and go, but in the real world Ricky believed.....

He believed that in the real world he would see Hadrian again, this he knew, but would greet him not as distant friend but as long lost brother. He believed that with the will and possibility to fight for what he believed in, Hadrian would reach his destination with Ricky there to support him. He believed that with faith he would see Hadrian again, with that miraculous moment in knowing while the world passed them by.... they were bound to see each other again.

Yes. This is what Ricky decided to believe, and if it wasn't enough...well then he'd have to work harder. Reaching halfway to where Hadrian was, his hand was held open for another promise. This one being the real important one he would see kept, should the others not.

Once Hadrian would accept and complete the signature, Ricky would then make his oath of faith. "I swear to ye' Hadrian, that I'll do more than pray. I'll be expectin' you to come back, and so help as I swear in the name of Laviku, I will not accept you bein' gone from this world until I myself have seen it so. That is my promise."

He wasn't sure how he would personally come to know if Hadrian's fate was one to be of ill, but by all the Gods and Goddesses out there he wouldn't take someone else's word should he hear it. He wouldn't hear it, for that was what he believed. Be it selfish or naive it was what he believed, and hopefully what Hadrian did as well.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Fever Dream

Postby Hadrian on November 4th, 2012, 11:51 pm

He turned his head then to smile at Ricky then, one eye went underwater, but didn't sting; he could still see. That's when he noticed Ricky wasn't wearing any clothes. It was strange, perhaps, but not disconcerting. When he had first seen Ricky, he looked to be going for a private swim. Hadrian was the interloper here. And here they were in a shared dream; it wasn't even their bodies, but their perceptions of those bodies.

"I tell Laviku my secrets," he said, this a secret shared in and of itself. "I drop them into the deep like stones, the things I need to say, but don't have anyone to tell them to. When I return, we can go down to the sea and I will show you how I pray to Him. Perhaps one day He will answer me. Perhaps with you there..."

It was not that the gods ignored him. He was here with Nysel's grace. Eyris and Ionu had seen fit to bless him. But the more he studied, the more he wanted to connect those things with the higher ideals, the gods.
Hadrian

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
One Million Words! (1)

Fever Dream

Postby Ricky Maze on November 5th, 2012, 12:07 am

With the promise to show him how he would pray, Ricky nodded with a smile on his face. It was a good thing to see not just himself but his life heading into a new perspective, such change was all part of gaining wisdom though as he too would one day carry on his wisdom to his children. Yes he would indeed one day meet himself a lass, and together raise a family of his own. He would teach them all he could to help them learn and grow in this world, and he would be there to guide them when he was old. To see that as his now driven dream, he would need friends to be there in support. Hadrian being the one he expects to see, would no doubt be there too. Giving better insights in things he could not, but that was all too distant to see now. For the time he had to focus on was now.

"I'd really like that Hadrian, and seein' as how I'll be havin' faith in Laviku....maybe he'll help me reach that destination I aim for." He said with hope, not knowing if his faith was convincing just yet.

Ha! Faith is only convincing by actions, when words mean nothing. No when he got back, there would be little time for words, as Ricky would have to take his destiny in his own hands.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext