[The Great Library] Reading amongst the Dead(Rayage)

Thomas meets one of the more influential members of Sahova

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 4th, 2012, 3:09 am

42nd of Fall, 512 AV
Late Morning

"Impossible to sleep...shyke rooms...no beds...HAY," incoherent mutterings fluttered through an otherwise silent hallway. Grand in its design, like much of the ancient Citadel, but it's grandeur was apparently lost to a stumbling figure.

Sahova had taken it's toll on the young pulser -- Thomas had grown gaunt, or at least more so then he originally had been, over the last weeks, the bags under his eyes growing more and more prominent. "Sleep deprivation," he muttered, laughing quietly. The Gods had a sense of humor, or so it seemed. Or perhaps sleep deprivation was a common malady amongst the living on the undead isle? Still, Thomas hadn't been expecting something so...tame. But perhaps he should count himself lucky -- there were far worse things awaiting him from within the Citadel besides lack of sleep.

The young animator had had his illusions quickly dismissed upon arriving on Sahova -- this was not the perfect utopia of wizards scholars he had hoped and expected the island society to be. They were just as prejudiced, just as pathetically power hungry as the outside world. The only difference being, Thomas wanted to be here.

The young animator had made great strides within his craft, the supplies for his golems having no limit in the Citadel. Anything and everything he wanted, he could have -- as long as he had the right connections. Something Thomas had failed so far to collect. Any and every attempt at socializing, networking, and elbow-rubbing had failed completely. No connections had been made and any future project had been essentially cut before it had even been conceived.

Letting a low sigh, Thomas turned the corner to find himself the Great Library. Famous for the collection of pre-valetarrian knowledge and history, it just served as another reminder of Thomas' status as a pulser. A breather. Alive.

Pushing the door open, Thomas made a point to ignore the Catalog Golems -- not that they were rushing over to help him anyway. Whoever programed the little demons had made damn sure they wouldn't serve a pulser -- something that annoyed Thomas to no end. He planned to make a Catalog Golem originally, just to serve him, but again, he would need a responsive Catalog Golem or some other source knowledgable about the vast resources in the library -- just another reason Thomas needed to meet someone of influence with the Citadel.

Grabbing Animation: A History of Supervising, Teaching Golems to Talk and Other Fun Ways to Spend Your Saturday, and Shielding: A Basic Guide, Thomas sat down and began to read.

"Petching Pusbags," Thomas muttered, starting with Teaching Golems to Talk and Other Fun Ways to Spend Your Saturday.

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Rayage on November 4th, 2012, 6:49 am

The nuit had only just returned to Sahova from his extended trip inland. Though with the nuits presence came the oncoming bad news, an army was coming to Sahova. The army consisted of both Zeltivans, and Slyirans. The peching knights think that they can march up into Sahova and just take what they want from the place. Well, they had another thing coming. Yes, Rayage has been thinking of ways to advert and stop their plans. He had first warned Sahova of their coming around the fiftieth, they were not too far behind the nuit, licking his cloak tails they were. The nuit had to help in his own fortify sahova, and for that he had concocted the Alchemical Plague which he had given to Qiao upon his arrival. Though that wasn’t enough, he had to do more. He had many plans ranging from alchemically modified nuit bodies, to portable plate mail… though his more extravagant plans would take more than one magic discipline. Alchemy could do a lot, but even it had limits.

Storming out of his Laboratory he had to find an answer to end this crisis. He had good ideas yes, but without the help of the other wizards ideas were useless because he could only do so much himself. Rayage was not going to let Syliras or their high and mighty knights make fools out of the Sahovan wizards. He would protect Sahova with all of his intellect and power.

The nuit had two destinations in mind, first he would grab some research materials from within the Great Library, and then he would put in a request at the Office to get what he desired. He could wait, but not days for them to collect what he needed or wanted. They were supposed to be in war mode, preparing for the siege to come. There will be no diplomacy. If sahovas goal was to conquer the world then they would need every ounce of strength they could muster. If Sahova will allow the knights to just come and claim the relic like they knights like to boast then he doesn’t truly know Sahova. No, the Sahova he knew was unforgiving and when it came to items of power, they were held onto with a death grip. Guarded by traps innumerous, few knew where the real force of Sahova was hidden. Not even Rayage knew, but he wasn’t a fool enough to believe that they would leave such things just lying around. Ray would help Sahova in every way he could to grasp onto that power, and to keep it from the knights.

Frustration built inside him as he climbed the stairs, Lab 45E was, as the name suggests, forty five levels underground. His lab was secluded and hard to find, though through many trips and treks through Sahova he had learned the place pretty well, and if he was ever lost he could always as a golem or follow the arrows that crisscrossed upon the floor and walls showing directions to certain places. There were plenty of ways, both conventional and not, to traverse Sahova. Though, even for a wizard of master rank within these halls there were still secrets that he wasn’t privy to. One could never know too much about their opposition. He learned that fast. While he was respected in these halls there were an equal amount of people who despised him for rising so fast to fame. Everyone heard of his work, and everyone has heard the rumor that Rayage was preparing to create the homunculus. That creation of Alchemy will surely secure Ray a spot near the top of the chain of command in sahova. Or so Ray hoped. He aimed to surpass even his master, Karte, and take his place as Chief Alchemist.

Though he and Karte always had a ‘partners’ relationship instead of ‘master and pupil’ the nuit still craved for the man’s rank within society. Not only that, but he craved his knowledge and wisdom… He wanted to steal his alchemical secrets all the while crafting his own. Rayage was a very loyal person, to an extent. Where the line is drawn, well that matters most. If he can get away with it without making a big scene then he will do it, subtly gaining power and prestige, but he did not like the dramatics of politics. He liked, instead, silently crushing his opponents with one swift and clean move. He wasn’t a person to be crossed, for always, revenge will follow. Somehow or in some way, he will come back and get them, all of them.

The climb up the flights of stairs took some time, but eventually he found himself at the entrance of the library. Entering, he held a presence about himself that screamed ‘I’m better than you in every way’. He held his head up high and walked with an air of undeniable confidence. Here is where he could answers to any of his questions and motioning over to one of the CGs it came over and started to assist him with what he wanted to acquire. The nuit stood there, asking it questions, sometimes rephrasing the same question to see if he could get a different reply, and soon enough the golem was on its way.

While he waited the nuit looked over the room, spotting only one other person in it. A pulser. He frowned… when did he get here and when was he going to die? Ray liked to make bets at how long a human, of all things, would last in Sahova. Usually they couldn’t stand the minimum of forty days and nights. He wondered how he was faring, but from the looks of it not too well. Grinning, the nuit thought it would be fun to have a little fun with the person. It was enough to pass the time while the golem gathered what he had asked for, ”You know,” he said, as if it were an offhanded thought, ”Sahova is not the best place for the living, or those who want to stay alive.” he said.

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 4th, 2012, 7:29 am

"Oh, really?" Thomas asked, his voice rich with sarcasm. "I'm so very sorry -- here I was, thinking this was the perfect vacation spot." He paused, focusing his Djed in his eyes as he continued talking. "So quiet too, but I suppose the dead like it that way?" A deep red marked the man from head to toe -- "Djed?" the young animator wondered to himself, not entirely sure what he was Seeing. Whatever it was, he couldn't keep up his auristic vision for much longer -- already he was beginning to hear a slight pounding in his ears, and his visions was quickly blurring. "Useless," he thought bitterly to himself. What was the point of personal magic if he wasn't able to use it properly?

"I suppose you saw me reading?" Thomas asked, casually showing Rayage the title of the book. He knew most of the more accomplished Animators by voice, having tried to force a meeting with several of them. Thomas could never be sure, but for all he knew this Nuit was one of them -- just in a new body. Even then, Thomas didn't hole out for much of a conversation. It was amazing how many different ways one could hear the phrase "No petching way" phrased.

Frankly, Thomas was tired of the insanity of Sahova. Oh, it was ordered and nice, and it had too many resources for it's own good. The Citadel itself was grand and alluring, a beautiful and prime example of Alhean architecture. It was the actual residents that were becoming tiresome -- the famously undead bureaucrats of Sahova. The young animator had quickly discovered their little games. How they would try and push him to his limits, how they would gamble with his life. How wonderfully cute, a pulser who thinks itself a mage? How funny!

Gods, how he hated them. Ironic that he needed them so badly to succeed.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on November 4th, 2012, 7:40 pm

The nuit did not have to wait long to get a response from the young human-child ”Your sarcasm is wasted on the undead.” he said, ”I hear they don’t have a very good sense of humor.” he told him. Rayage already was impatient already, well with the Ravokans crawling around here, he didn’t know which living being he could trust ”Such an ignorant boy as yourself surely isn’t with the Ravokans?” he asked, ”They are wearing their welcome thin.” he told him, words mixed with veiled threats, ”And if you are not, then I suggest you learn your manners, boy.” he told him, ”There are much more precious things within this facility that worth one hundred of you. You are just a pulser, a pathetic little human at that. If you do not play the game by our rules, then I do not see you getting very far at all. In Sahova things are simple, you play the game, it’s a wizard trumping wizard world…” he said looking over the books that Thomas had gathered.

Frowning he grabbed one from the stack, ”Shielding: A Basic Guide” he read aloud. ”I am surprised a fleshbag like you can even read Nadar-canoch.” he said, the CG coming back with his books, four of them. The nuit added Thomas’ book to the stack, ”I think that will come in handy for later.” he said, looking at him challengingly, watching to see if he would do anything looking over the other books that he had grabbed as well. ”Tell me, is that what you study?” he asked, ”Animation?” he laughed, ”How preposterous. You are quite aware that Sahova has all the animators that it needs.” he said with a frown, ”It’s what we are petching known for.”

”You really think you have any hopes of trumping wizards who have centuries more experience in the magic than you? What do you think you can do for Sahova? Why are you even here? Are you like the rest of the living, here to steal our secrets and treasures?” he asked, placing his hand down on the table, leaning over, trying to loom over the sitting boy, ”Nothing more than a leech.” he said, punctuating the last word with a hiss, ”There are many fun ways to deal with leeches.” he said, looking him dead in the eye, ”Though for the most part they are thrown to the fire.” he told him.

With that he backed off, waving the CG off, ”Take them to Lab 45E.” he commanded it, ”Or find a golem that can.” He wasn’t going to waste any more time here.

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 4th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Thomas stared, opened mouth, as the Nuit waved the CG off, carrying the stack of books off to what was presumably his lab. Carrying of his book. The young animator's face slowly darkened with a collected rage, a long overdue released of all the pint up rage he had felt since arriving to the undead isle. Perhaps had he slept better, or wasn't half-starved, Thomas would have thought better and decided against arguing with an unknown Nuit. Surely, had the young raven-haired man had been thinking, he wouldn't have deemed it wise to argue with someone who could maybe toss him into the void? Or perhaps the Nuit knew someone who would be capable of such a feat?

But then again, this petcher stole his book.

"You dirty...pussbag," Thomas hissed, staring the Nuit in his undead eyes. Obviously sleep deprivation had detoured the young animator's better judgement. "I am expected, expected to deal with the snide and "clever"," he paused snorting at the idea, "insults. I am expected to deal with being ignored. But I will not be treated like an imbecile."

He paused for a brief second, smiling. He half-heartedly hoped the Nuit would take offense -- even if it made the chance of his impending doom so much more probable. "Obviously, I am not Ravokan, because I highly doubt you would still be standing if I were marked by Rhysol. And perhaps you are not so astute as to notice my overall appearance?" Thomas asked, a hint of sarcasm could be heard in his voice. "I would be astounded to learn the Ravokans would allow themselves to be treated in such a manner, no matter the end result," he paused, "crazy rats," he said under his breath, referring to the Ravokans. Despite abandoning Syliras long ago, some of the more well worn prejudices of growing up in the Ordered City refused to die.

"Obviously," he continued, his tone a frightening mix between a hiss and a growl, "I am well aware of Sahova's progress with animation, and obviously I am here to learn and experiment with my own techinique. Otherwise," Thomas paused, hoping for a somewhat dramatic effect, "I can't understand why any sane person would remain on this pathetic excuse of an island."

"Of course, leeches are meant to be burn. They are good for little else -- unless they can somehow prove their worth," Thomas responded coldly, throwing the insult back at the undead before him. "But how difficult it must be, telling the useless leeches apart from the one who already know too much?" He asked, smiling.

The young man quickly removed the glove from his left hand, presenting the hand palm side up. It never occurred to Thomas that the Nuit, wouldn't recognize the mark -- especially after coming from Mura.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on November 4th, 2012, 9:42 pm

Rayage turned to walk away, but stopped mid-step as the boy began talking to him. The nuit stood there back turned to him, listening to what he had to say. When he was quite finished Rayage clapped, turning around slowly, and laughed, ”Well said, you do have quite the mouth, don’t you?” he asked, barely looking at the mark on his hand, ”I do not envy the god who would mark you.” he frowned, ”It’s only more proof that they don’t know what they are doing nowadays.” he said shaking his head in disappointment.

The nuit walked up to Thomas, standing closer than most normal humans would dare. Most people would think this close proximity would be uncomfortable, but to Ray, it was power. He was wanting Thomas to fidget, to feel intimidated, to want to get away. The nuit focused on that emotion, locking it into his mind. The emotion of fear, and how it felt. It coursed through the nuits body like a wave, sending him a great chill, a rush that he only got when preforming his magic. Taking a chime to meditate on that feeling, holding onto it, becoming it, he smiled knowing what was coming. He could feel it inside him, building, the fear was building, and he was coming to understand it more and more, feel it like it was actually there. The more he thought about it the more permanent it became, lodging the feeling into his mind. Then he started to interact with it with his very soul. The chimes of silence, of silent meditation were going to pay off, as he reached out and touched the very feeling with djed, the magic power giving feeling substance as he radiated it off of him, out his mind, directing the energy, along with the feeling towards Thomas. He wanted him to get the inkling of fear, setting up a hypnotic emotional response.

”It is quite obvious to the trained eye who the leechers are.” he said trying to loom over the boy, trying to summon the very power of his presence, ”Who contributes to Sahova, and who does nothing. Do you really think you can talk to a master like that?” he asked, ”Boy, I am Master Rayage, and although your games were fun to play, we are going to switch to my terms now.” he said. ”I have already proved my worth here. I’ve created things you can only dream about and then some. I am even recreating life anew.” he bragged, but he was sure that the act of creating a homunculus wasn’t going to be his crowning achievement. No, he had something more spectacular in mind, the betterment of his very soul. He would become akin to the gods themselves with the power of his alchemy. Such ambition, such direction, such resources and power… Could he truly do it? Only time would tell. ”What have you done? What will you do? Surely you will serve as nothing more than a meatshield when the Syliran troops arrive, or are you planning on betraying the very island?” he asked, judging him.

”How about you help me with a little something?” he asked, ”Help me and I’ll forgive that mouth of yours.” he said with a grin. ”Just this once.” he reassured him. What a nice guy.

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 5th, 2012, 12:30 am

Thomas scoffed at the Nuit's retort, "I believe, Nuit, Avalis would know who to mark and --," he paused, his face losing whatever color it had managed to retain after all this time spent in the Citadel.

Fear washed over the young animator, his fight or flight instinct on overdrive. Originally head to head with the undead master, Thomas appeared no better then a dog with it's tail between it's legs -- he was scared and it was obvious.

"M -- Master Rayage?!" He squawked, obviously aware of the who the Nuit was now. Some of these old pussbags wouldn't shut up about him. Alchemy. That was the Master's specialty and he, Thomas, had just pissed him off. "Petching Idiot," The young man cursed himself, fully aware of many different consequences that could come out of this argument. He'd be lucky to be banished from the island with all his limbs. Most of the Nuit's acomplishments were lost upon Thomas -- the young animator was far too busy looking for ways out of the library.

Thomas' mouth gaped hopelessly, much like a fish out of water, struggling to produce any sound.

Hearing Rayage's request, Thomas knew he was dead. Or close to it anyway.

"Help you?" The young animator's voice cracked awkwardly, the effects of Rayage's hypnotisim obvious. "I, uh --- of course, Master," Thomas managed to say, knowing full well he may end up dead before the day was spent. "I would be most honored, bu -- but," he stuttered, desperately thinking of way out of this mess. He could talk his way out, he had too.

"Perhaps I am not the best choice, Master Rayage. I do not understand well the arts of Alchemy, I, uh, I am nothing but a simple animator," His voice dwindled off towards the end. He had nothing and he knew it.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on November 5th, 2012, 7:31 am

Rayage glared coldly down at the Pulser, ”Yes, of course, one would think that Avalis would know who to mark…” he still said in a tone saying he wasn’t totally convinced that the person he was talking too wasn’t a complete idiot. It was then he watched at the subtle emotion took place upon the boy. Though, it seemed to overtake him, the human turning white in fear. It amused him, especially when the nuit followed with his name and rank in the society of Sahova. Oh how it was to be that the youths tone changed so… dramatically Ray could almost call it magic. Of course, hypnotism helped things along, such as having the ability to plant emotions… that was useful, especially when they were inflicted upon someone as vulnerable at the human in front of him. It almost made the nuit pity him. Almost.

Backing away from him, he knew he needed no further intimidation to get what he wanted. The boy had agreed to help him after all, and this was important. Keeping up and building relationships with the other wizards, especially other masters, was the name of the game here in Sahova. It came down to two factors, one’s magic, and ones connections, the two were not intensely intertwined, but one seemed to affect the other. In order to get connections one must impress the wizard who they are aiming to namedrop, but in order to impress the right people you needed to be good at your magic. That is where Ray held the advantage here in Sahova. The first day he was welcomed into the Sahovan society with open arms because he knew his magic, and dared to do what little others dared. He dared to ask the questions, and do the research that others would not, could not, and for that he climbed to fame pretty rapidly, of course, with the help of Master Karte, but the resources came from one Lector Qiao. A prominent figure in Sahova who Ray was directly reporting to. Ray was special, he came to Sahova good at what he does, and for it impressed the right people. Or perhaps it was just luck? Arriving at the right time, in the right place, a card of fate?

The immortal turned to the animator, ”This project is special. It does not require you to be knowledgeable in anything really. You only have to follow my exact instructions. Can you do that?” he asked, already having a plan of what he was going to have other do, ”Don’t worry.” he said waving his hand as if to dispel any doubts, ”Im a Sahovan Wizard.” he said like that would make things any better, ”And besides, it’s nothing which will get you noticed by the wrong people. It may even help you out in the future.” he shrugged as if he had no idea, though he did. ”So, if you can follow my exact instructions and walk with me to our destination, then we won’t have a problem anymore.” he smiled, trying to be reassuring.

Again he called upon the powers of hypnotism. This time instead of an emotion he aimed to implant a simple thought, a subliminal message into the youth in front of him. He chanted silently in his head while he kept his eyes locked onto his target. He chanted the phrase over and over, increasing in intensity and ferocity and if the voice in his head alone could send the message, spilling from his mind to infect conscious, waking reality then it very well would. Though that wasn’t at all possible, at least without the help of Djed, this was one of the most important parts in casting magic, but not yet. There still was preparation to do, and that was to really get a feeling, a firm understanding in his head of what exactly he wanted to send. Grasping onto the concept and to help further push it into reality he spoke as he cast the spell, fueling it with djed, every syllable filled with extra power and meaning, ”All of this can go away.” he said, a tempting offer for anyone who had just crossed someone of importance.

”Well, come along.” he said smiling at him, though it wasn’t exactly a smile as it came across as something much darker, morbid even. His words rang with a second meaning as he turned and started to walk out of the Library, confident that his books would be delivered to the lab, and in his plan for this young appetence of Sahova. He would come in use after all. This was to be another lesson of Sahova: Nothing is free, and everything has a price. Sahova is serious business, real serious business.

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on November 6th, 2012, 8:18 pm

"No, no, NO, NO," Thomas' sudden fear quickly giving cause to panic, the young animator staring pleadingly at the undead master, pale faced and wide eyed. He had just managed to outlive the record for any pulser staying on Sahova -- at least as far as he knew, and now, Thomas faced an almost certain death.

His hopes and dreams of a successful Sahovan career shattered, and any ideas of future world conquest likely doomed as well. All he cared about now was getting out of the situation he had managed to put himself in, and fast.

Hearing Rayage speak, Thomas held on to every word like it was laced with gold -- if the young animator needed to pay attention to anyone, it would be Rayage. The Nuit had obviously played his cards right since coming to Sahova, no matter how many years ago that might've been.

Defeated, Thomas nodded quietly, wallowing in his own fear. A fear that slowly began changing turning to disgust -- a disgust with himself, a disgust with how he had been treated, a disgust with the whole isle of Sahova. The young man could hardly help but wonder where his confidence had gone in the last 40 days, where had he gone? Sahova had changed him into a lesser person, no longer the confident man that had left Mura all too recently.

Had he really let the Nuits devalue him so?

Had there been nothing he could have done? Was there nothing he could do?

--All of this can go away--

The thought briefly burned brightly in his mind, only to be quickly replaced by another.

--You can make them all go away--

And a brief smile flashed on the pale, gaunt face, but only for a moment before Thomas remembered himself. Perhaps, Thomas had made the first error -- but surely, Rayage had made the second? Surely, Rayage's history can't be one of complete devotion and loyalty -- after all, keeping yourself alive was on the top of the list for every Sahovan, everyone else coming after. The longer Rayage spent around Thomas, the easier it would be for the novice fortune teller to access the Nuit's chavi -- all the easier to find whatever, if anything, Rayage would do anything to keep quiet.

He followed the Nuit to wherever he was being a taken, whatever fear Thomas still felt washed over by a growing excitement.

This was the game they played, and it was to be a dangerous one. Should Thomas hope to ever be respected at the undead Citadel, he would need to learn to play it -- and who a better teacher then a Master?

All Thomas had to do was not die -- hopefully, Rayage wasn't taking him to Dira's doorstep.

SO...Alright, a couple things. I hope I wrote the hypnosis response all right -- I think Thomas accepting the "thought" but turning it into something more personal, based on deeper emotion, would make it easier to play -- that way, when Thomas finds out what Vick and Rayage want to do with him, he'll probably be a little bit more willing -- all for the goal of reaching to the top of Sahova, after all.
Also, in regards to his Divination. He's only marked once so the whole divination is mostly hit and miss, mostly miss. I'm still working out exactly how Thomas will divine things, but when I do I promise I won't divine anything about Rayage unless I get your permission first.
Also, like I told you, I'm still pretty new with the whole RPIng so if I overstep any boundary, please tell me and I'll immediately rewright my response.

Thomas Cosa

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on November 11th, 2012, 9:01 pm

The nuit lead the way, but stopped, turning half way he looked over his shoulder at the boy to see if he was following him, ”Stay close by.” he told him, ”it’s easy to get lost in this complex.” he said letting his mind drift back to the books which he had taken from the library. He wondered if the golem had got forty five levels down yet, but such musings while distracting were not needed. He had remembered a particular letter that he had gotten from a mage named Vick. It seemed he wanted to meet up. The nuit smiled, and what a better way to show up than with gifts? A laugh almost escaped him, but he kept it under control as he once again began resuming his path through the library and out the doors all the while keeping an eye on the human who treaded behind him.

The nuit remembered asking about this wizard Vick, and it seemed that he had got quite a reputation for himself as a Malediction mage. From what Wrenmae told Ray, it is the art of taking someone’s power through their bones and manifesting it, or something like that. The nuit, although he wouldn’t admit it, didn’t truly understand the basic concepts of the art like he did with Voiding. Though, the nuit mused, Reaver did to a much better job explaining. Yes. Anyways, it would be best not to anger this nuit and perhaps try to get acquainted with him. What better way to further himself than being on friendly relations with another wizard? The thought delighted him as he led the ways through the maze of halls, the golems being mindful of the nuits presence.

His thoughts drifted to this boy who was following him. Though not quite a boy in human standards, Ray was different, Ray was much older, much, much older. Humans seemed to die too fast, especially here in Sahova. He had no idea what the kid wanted to accomplish, but he kept further thoughts to himself. Malediction, the study of bones… the boy had bones, did he not? He wondered if the Vick could use a live specimine. From his experience with Alchemy he was sure that it would be interesting. Very interesting indeed. He almost felt sorry for what he had planned for the lad, but that emotion was quelled quickly with one of curiosity. They could have fun with him yet.

Bringing him, finally, to a door to the lab, the nuit knocked, hoping that he had remembered it right. He was looking for Master Vick, and he didn’t want to look like a fool who had got his directions mixed up. Perhaps it might have been better to ask a golem?

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)