[Sahova OOC Thread] We'll Take Your Breath Away!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

Postby Gossamer on January 1st, 2012, 4:46 am

PC stepped down officially as of Tuesday per a post in her Domain Coordination thread. I have given her permission as her PC to finish guest moderating any threads she has outstanding in Sahova she cares too.

If people are still active and want threads graded here, leave them in my office. I know there's about ten requests in her office, some of which are months old, but not all the players are active anymore. I'll grade, in the next few days, anything anyone wants me too here to get the domain caught up.

Sahova will not have a moderator for a while until we find the perfect person. Anyone who applies to AS/DS must have a great deal of magic experience and be a total self starter. We won't be 'babysitting' any solo AS's here due to the sheer number we have on our hands elsewhere until some of those move up to DS.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Rayage on January 1st, 2012, 5:02 am

Aw, that is sad news indeed. You have a thread from me though, Goss :D
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on February 8th, 2012, 3:08 am

I was hoping to start a Nuit mage in Sahova, which I think requires moderator support to at least get started. Is there any point in doing that now?
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Words: 137247
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2012, 8:58 pm
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jilitse on February 8th, 2012, 4:49 am

Hi Daske,

I used to be the keeper of this place. I don't think Tarot would mind if I step in and answer this question on his behalf. I checked your CS and you don't seem to have any magical skills at all, and unless you are talking about a multi or a second character, your PC does not fit in Sahova.

Technically you just need to be 1) undead or 2) a mage (perfect if both) and have a complete CS detailing your PC's background. Standard rules apply, anything special about your character needs permissions. If you need help you can always send a PM to Tarot, he replies slow sometimes so be patient...

Love,
Jil
I. Vox Populi, Vox Dei
II. The Night the Watchtowers Cried

I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common woman with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
Jilitse
I just arrived (again). Please be kind.

Words: 520837
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2010, 8:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on February 8th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Thanks Jilitse. My intent is to roll a new character, a Nuit Mage. I just wanted to make sure there was enough storyteller coverage of Sahova to get myself up and running.
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rayage on February 8th, 2012, 3:20 pm

I believe its just me up in here, and even I take trips out to Sunberth for part of the season nowadays. There is only Tarot, and things are going to be slow until another storyteller is found. So unless you LOVE Ray (Aka wanna thread with me), and can put up with a lot of solos and 'guest mods' this isnt the place to start.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on February 8th, 2012, 3:34 pm

Rayage,

Thanks for responding. I had noticed you were about the only one doing threads recently.

Perhaps the two of us can help each other out and maybe any others who decide they want to try this location. My character concept is a Nuit Mage collector. He travels around the world in search of rare, valuable or beautiful items to add to his personal collection. It's an obsession that gives his life meaning (sort of). I want him to be a practitioner of personal magic because I think that's the best chance he has of defending himself if he gets in trouble.

Anyway, the only reason he would start at Sahova is to get a jump start on Projection and (possibly) Reimancy. I am okay with solo or dual stories for training. Maybe we can arrange for Tarot to start our characters out on quests and then bow out until the end, when he comes back in to grade it. That would lighten the burdon on hm but still give us moderator-driven adventures.

Just a thought from someone who is a total noob at this :).

Edit: BTW, I like your character concept. Kinda dark.
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Daske Baggywrinkle on February 9th, 2012, 1:19 am

Question:

Nuit Mage. Can I put starting package points into Projection and Reimancy? And does that bypass the requirement to be initiated by a master? Is it sufficient to put the initiation into a solo flashback?
AKA Anselm
Daske Baggywrinkle
I AM smiling, dammit!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rayage on February 9th, 2012, 2:49 am

Hm, that could be arranged. Im getting very lonely here all alone in Sahova :P If you are searching for the rare and valuable what better place to look to than an Alchemy lab, where Ray makes one of a kind creatures and objects? They could have an interesting relationship.

Yes it is possible to put points in both reimancy and projection, and yes you do not have to RP out the initiation. :) Go crazy with your points and have fun. You know... Ive been trying to learn both of those for a while. Perhaps we can exchange 'goods' and go on little adventures around the island collecting things for Ray to make 'even better'. I give you the results in exchange for classes in your magics :P

By the way Jili I misssssss yoooooou <3 and Ill always be your Sahovan Mage! Too bad our threads never finished XD

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Mirage on August 30th, 2012, 2:26 am

Attention Sahova!

Hello my dear city of the undead. I am Mirage, keeper of the crypt and your new DS as of today! It is a pleasure to meet you! Anyone who is currently playing in Sahova please post here so that I can meet you :D

In addition to a fun meet and greet I also have a quick announcement to make. I will not be taking on any modded quests for the first little while. My main focus will be grading as the threads come to me and finishing up some development projects that have been collecting dust. I am, of course, always open to questions though :D

Once more I am glad to meet you all!

Question your Reality,
Mirage
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

PreviousNext