Quest Things Of Legend (Revy)

Revy returns to Syliras and gets the attention of the Knights

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Accolade on December 2nd, 2012, 12:01 am

TimeStamp: 6th of Winter

It was early Winter now, and the Fall had pasted. The weather had become much cooler, and the tree's were mostly free of leaves, while the ground remained covered with them. Syna’s light shined dimly in the sky, her gentle rays reaching out and touching the land and warming it from the cold. Inside the city life went on as usual. The normal day to day bustle of crowds moving about. Revy was amongst the crowd this day, pushing through the mess of somewhat warm bodies as she headed towards the Rearing Stallion. She was in less than a good mood, and although her inner thoughts seemed to quarrel, a good drink was in order.

Once she entered, she could tell right away that something was a mist. The people inside were mostly standing, besides a few who were seated closest to the disturbance and only looked ahead. In the center of the half circle of people, was a skinny man whom was dressed rather slovenly. His dark hair was a mess, bits of dead leaves caked into the stains. Darkened circles traced his eyes, and his skin was sickly pale.

The crowd should silent as he spoke, moving around no more than an inch of where he stood, his neck extended as he stalked the people right in front of him, weaving a tale of wonder and excitement. "Are you hungry? Ha..you sure look it..you really do."

"I can help, yes..that I can.." He smiled, the thin skin at cracked lips stretching across his cheeks. "But..I'll need a little help, a bit of MAN POWER." he added with a louder tone. "I found something in a cave near here, something worth A LOT of coins." He finished with chuckle, while nodding his head towards those closest to him.

In the short distance, a subtle voice called out. "Yea..sure." Causing the crowd to all chuckle a bit to themselves. Each person already making up their mind about the weird man, who had to be crazy. "Who said that..hmm?" He asked quickly, widening his eyes as he stepped closet to origin of the voice. "Was it you?" He asked, shakily pointing his finger at a blacksmith resting against the wall. " Well that's it then, you've lost out...All of you have lost out." He finished with a crud laugh. "I'll find someone else...SOMEONE..Maybe even the next person to come through that door."

Last edited by Accolade on December 5th, 2012, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on December 3rd, 2012, 5:39 pm

The journey by boat, originating from the eastern docks of Falyndar, had been, to say the least, boring. There hadn't been anything she could do, except for polishing her glaive and longsword and looking over the vast waters stretching around her. So, like with anyone else, Revy was not in a good mood. She had been looking forward to being back in the human cities as those actually had alcoholic beverages. She missed those quite a bit, mainly because of the recurring nightmares.

Upon entering the Rearing Stallion, the mercenary immediately noticed that there was something wrong. The people forming half a cirkle around a single man alerted her senses. She had learned to trust these a lot more during her stay with the myrians. She did try to avoid having the attention for now, because she knew that it wouldn't be too wise to cause a ruckus right now and she also knew that if they would bother her right now, that would happen.

The man that stood in the middle of the half cirkle really irked Revy. He looked slovenly, disgusting and down-right mad. Creating a contract with a guy like that was absolutely not in her favor, no matter what the rewards would be. This is why she decided not to react to his words. For now she was just hoping that he wouldn't notice her, which was going to be a problem since she still carried all of her stuff with her. Especially her glaive was going to be a problem as it stuck up in the air quite high.

For now she just sat at the bar and asked the bartender with a low voice: ”Ey, give me the strongest liquor you got. I've got a taste to wash away.” She dropped her tent, Glaive, shield and other belongings in and out of the bag on the floor. It was still quite a weight she had to carry. Still since she sold her chestplate, and the rest what went with it, she had a lot less weight to shoulder.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Words: 394139
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2011, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Accolade on December 5th, 2012, 11:46 pm

The whole of the tavern stopped, frozen in place the moment that Revy entered. It was too perfect in fact, the exact time that the mercenary chose to enter the tavern, as if the arrival itself was her way of telling them all that she was there to claim the job. Even if it wasn't her true intention. No one said a word, all eyes following her every move as she walked by. The equipment that she carried didn't go unnoticed, her luggage making her for a traveler, if her look alone didn't say as much. But for the man with the stilly eyes, his focus was on something else, she was armed, looked dangerous, and was a traveler. She was exactly what he needed for this job.

Oddly enough, the people standing around started to slowly move away from her and going back to their seats, all while still keeping an eye on her and the other strange man. The pale man himself, didn't move a step, only allowing his gaze to follow her as she made her way to the bar. His body was still facing towards the doorway, his neck craned uncomfortably as he peered at her over his shoulder.

The bartender had been listening the whole time, mostly wondering if he needed to have the guy tossed out. There were always Knights around, even if they weren't inside the tavern it would be easy enough to find them near-by. The bartender looked her over a bit, as if judging himself if she were up to the task...if it was any truth to the man's words. He stepped away after she placed her order, fetching a clean mug and pouring in his strongest ale. "There you go, that will be.."

Before he could finish, a skinny hand appeared dropping 6 gold mizas on the table. The bartender stared down at the coins, then quickly raising his gaze to the shaggy-haired man who was now standing behind Revy, with his chest against her back. A mischievous grin spread across his thin lips as he peered at the bartender from behind her. "I'll take care of it, go go." He said waving the bartender off, before roughly pulling the closet chair to rest next to hers and plopped himself into it.

The bartender quickly snatched up the coins, not giving the odd man a chance to rethink his actions, and slipped further down the bar to his other customers. The man then pulled his chair even closer so that he could lean in to her. His nose twitched as he sniffed at her hair, his dark eyes roaming about the purplish brown strains. "Well aren't you colorful?" he said with a chuckle and taking another moment to look her over. "A traveler huh? Do you always travel with so much junk hmm?" He chuckled again, rubbing his hands together before slamming one of them down against the counter top. "What do you do, huh? Are you some kind of mercenary, an assassin hmm?"

Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on December 6th, 2012, 4:45 pm

The woman stared for only a chime at the mizas, shrugging later. It wouldn't matter if the guy tried to coax her, her answer would be the same if he'd want to hire her. ”Oh for petching sake. I just came her to get a bit of a drink and now I have to deal with this guy. Was friggin hoping he wouldn't notice me.”, she thought to herself quite annoyed. It was even worse that the guy pulled a chair to sit next to her. ”You gonna take care of my drinking bill? I hope you know what you'll be getting yourself into.”, she said confident in her ability to hold her alcohol.

The man sniffing her hair, his words and his chuckle, all worked on Revy's already tensed nerves. He called her stuff junk? Was he looking for a fight? What was even worse that he dared call her an assassin. She was a mercenary, she didn't do those backstabbing jobs of assassination. Well, not anymore at least. All of them always left her with very bad memories. ”Piss off if you gonna talk crap like that. I'm not in the mood right now.”, her voice filled with annoyance and fatigue. ”Oh and by the way, keep your petching distance. Guys like you disgust me.”

Grabbing the mug, she emptied it in a single go. Best way to deal with the current situation was to just get smashed... or well so she thought. ”Bartender, another one.”, she said loudy. Somehow the ale didn't seem as strong as she'd hoped. ”Been off alcohol too long, want those petching nightmares to disappear again. I wanna have a normal night's sleep again, instead of waking up almost every bell”
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Accolade on December 7th, 2012, 10:17 pm

"Ha!" he responded to her comment about paying for her drinking. He didn't care much for coin, though he did seem to have well enough on his person. His goals were more providential, and if shoveling out a bit more coin to earn her trust was all it took, then he was fine with that. "Sure, sure..go on drink-drink up!" he finished waving his hands in the air.

He had expected drinking would be involved due to the fact that they were in a tavern. He had enough to get a few people well hammered into the night, though he only really needed to earn the ear of one person with the ability to take on his task. Though he had to admit, he didn't expect it would be a woman, but it didn't matter one way or the other. He stared at her curiously, a simple, yet devious grin spread across his face as he pawed at her with his eyes. The items she carried in abundance were many things, such things that he didn't care for, which made them hunk.

But his words hadn't meant to insult her, it was just his way of seeing things, and speaking openly even when it was better to stay silent. "Woohoo! Haha!" he laughed aloud, slipping back into his seat as he slapped his hands together. "You're a feisty one...I like that." He then leaned forward again, reaching out and touching her shoulder, completely disregarding what she had just said. "Listen, listen..now I know sometimes I can be a little blah.." He stated softly while rolling his head and eyes about. "But Listen..I'm here because I need a warrior to take on a simple task for me. There is a place near hear, a place that hasn't been discovered yet, and inside..well-what's inside is worth a lot of coin."

He watched as she downed the drink in one gulp and asked the bartender for another. Without taking his eyes from her, the man dropped 5 more golden coins onto the tabletop, earning the surprised glare of the bartender, and anyone else standing near-by. "So, what do you think, hmm?"

Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on December 8th, 2012, 9:38 pm

"This guy..... he's starting to piss me off real b......", the mercenary started to think. Just then the man lay his hand on her shoulder. His words lost in the sole emotion swirling out of control. Now she was pissed off, no she was furious. Hadn't she warned him that he shouldn't touch her? Well, those that didn't listen, would just have to feel the consequences.

"You.... just made a big mistake, mister. Only one person may touch me without having to ask me and that is Zandelia.", she started rather quiet at first. Then she suddenly lashed out, planting her elbow in the guys face. While standing up, she continued: "I dare you to touch me again, though if you do... you'll be eating your own guts a moment later." Revy made sure to come over as dark and threatening as possible. She wanted to get rid of this pest quickly.

"Another thing: You are bothering me to no end, so please disappear NOW. I am not interested in your so-called treasure. And even if it did exist, which I highly doubt, I wouldn't want to get near it in the first place. Ruins usually means djed, which means magic and I avoid that as much as possible.", she told the guy with an ice-cold voice. It almost seemed as if her whole face darkened as she had said that. Hopefully the guy would leave Revy alone now, she just wanted to get smashed and forget about those nightmares.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Accolade on December 13th, 2012, 2:21 am

A loud thump echoed into his ears as the woman brought her elbow into his face. Numbness, followed by a splinter of pain slowly came over him. The impact of her shot sent him stumbling back into his chair which tumbled to the floor along with him. There was a loud crash, gasped from on-lookers and then an eerie silence filled the room. The bartender stared at her, taking a moment to lean over the bar to check on the man who had just fallen. He didn't care for the stranger, but his coin was as good as anyone's. Coin which he had just given him a nice amount of.

If the man asked, he would happily call for the Knights to come and haul the woman off without another word. After all, it had been her who struck him, a man who had just paid for two of her drinks. But he waited, watching silently to see what would happen. He couldn't imagine that had been the first elbow the man had gotten from a woman from the way that he had been acting and might be better for it.

The groggy, pale man rose slowly, bringing his hands down to steady himself as he got back to his knees. His glared up at her through darken eyes, his hand covering his face muffled the snarl that escaped his lips. The blood seeped from his nose, creating a thin trail flowing down to his mouth. A smirk grew across his features as his tongue appeared from within his mouth, licking around his elongated teeth. He chuckled softly as he stood up and holding out his arms to those watching . "I'm fine, I'm fine...there's..no..need to panic."

The pale man stood up then, leaning against the bar and staring at the woman. "You have one strong arm there lady. Do you always go around hitting people when they're trying to talk to you, hmm?" His dark eyes poured into her, examining her features, everything from her hair to her rough skin and even the very slight shape in her torso. He wiped his mouth and reached over and pulled up another chair to sit in, while leaving the other where it fell.

"Looks like we got off on the wrong foot here." he said with a pause and glanced around the room at the people still watching them curiously. "Tell you what, how about a game, hmm? A wager..of sorts. You're so sure that you want nothing to do with me, and I need someone for a task. I mean...if I could do it myself I wouldn't be here right?" he said slapping his leg and cackling loudly. "So..here is what I purpose. Let's have a contest, you drink, I drink and whoever can drink the most wins." He paused again, waiting to see if she would disagree or lash out and deliver another elbow, and then continued. "If you win, you get free drinks, as much as you can take. I'll pay for them, and then I'll leave..never to be seen again. But if I win, you come with me. One day is all I ask..what do you say?"

Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on December 13th, 2012, 10:15 pm

The woman just looked at the guy as he rose again. His comment hadn't been too far from the truth. She usually hit any guy that tried to touch her. Women were ok, they weren't a threat to her. Guys on the other hand... well, she had some nasty encounters with them. Apparently this was gonna be yet another one of those.

"I hit whoever I dislike, or even hate and you, mister... are really pissing me off.", she said as she cracked her knuckles. The wager he had suggested, fell to deaf-man's ears. She didn't want to deal with him, not even in a wager she was sure to win anyway. The mercenary wanted this guy to disappear and soon at that. Right now all she wanted was to get herself smashed alone. Her worries about Zandelia were starting to act up and only got her angrier and angrier.

"I ain't doin' no wager with you. You gonna disappear right now.", she said as she took a step to stand right in front of the guy. Then she started to grin as she raised her leg. "Byebye", was all she said before giving the guy a roundhouse kick to the face. Then she grabbed her glaive, she was going to make sure that this pest was gonna disappear, for good. "Just die, ok?"
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Accolade on December 18th, 2012, 2:41 am

The man could tell that he was getting under her skin, he could sense it really. However that wasn't his intention exactly, what he really wanted was to get her to cooperate with him. She refused him again, as she had from the start. He wasn't surprised exactly and she certainly hadn't been the first to do so, which was why his search continued. She was the first to resort to such violent acts against him, and even though he could take a punch and laugh about it, she didn't leave him much chose other than to act.

The sudden kick to his head sent him stumbling back against the corner, where he fought to right himself. His eyes narrowed as he gnashed his teeth, his skinny fingers tightly squeezing the bar chair as he raised it and brought it down over the woman's head. There was a loud thumb as the legs on the chair shatters, leaving the seat resting on the shoulders of the woman just before she crumbled to the ground, dropping her weapon.

It was at this point that the bartender realized that things had gotten out of hand, and motioned for one of his workers to slip out and find a Knight. Revy didn't notice this, nor did the man she was now facing in battle. He crouched down, a strange sinister laugh slipping from him as he grabbed the woman by her ankles and pulled her away from her glaive and other weapons. "HA, This is what you wanted, hm?? You wanted to fight? Well I suppose it would be rude of me if I didn't give you what you want."

He laughed again, as he started to kick at her, bringing his foot down on her hip, legs, and shoulder. "Well you're not fun." He laughed again. "We just barely started and already you're on your back..or is that where you're at your bet, hmm?" he laughed louder as he stepped away and lifted the woman's glaive into his clutches. "This is eh..very interesting. HA. Let's see how it works." He grinned wicked now, raising the weapon into the air and swinging it down at her. If Revy wasn't quick enough to move and think, she would find herself done in by her own weapon.

Accolade

Office
Trash Medal (1)

Things Of Legend (Revy)

Postby Revy Hiroe on December 18th, 2012, 2:26 pm

The hit of the bar chair came completely out of nowhere. Because of this, the woman couldn't react in time. The impact left her in a daze, causing her not to react much to the guy dragging her away from her stuff. His words seem to come from far away, but the moment he started to kick her, she was brought back to her senses. Those kicks didn't seem to bother her as much. It felt more like a kid was punching her.

Then the man made a big mistake. He touched Revy's stuff, something she didn't allow anyone to do, unless she gave permission. ”Excuse me? I'm on my back already?”, she asked with her voice dropping in pitch. She was furious, no even beyond that. He dared to touch HER stuff? He dared to do it without permission? This guy was in for a world of hell. Now she'd make sure he wouldn't leave the room alive.

Seeing how her weapon was raised, she did realise the pinch she was in. The moment the guy started to bring it down, the mercenary rolled out of the way, quickly crouching and making a dive for her bags. There she pulled her longsword out of the blanket, leaving it with some cuts as she stood up again. ”You are dead meat. You touched my stuff without permission, so be prepared to pay the price for that.”, she said with a low monotone voice.

Grabbing her sword with two hands, she relaxed. Her face turned cold, devoid of emotion, yet her eyes still reflected it. She was going all out for this guy. He held her glaive and it seemed as if he didn't even know how to wield it, which was all the better for her. She suddenly stepped forward, body bent forward so it was low to the ground, her sword trailing behind. Just before she reached him, which happened quite fast, she came up and swung her sword up from the bottom right. The guy would have his chest cut open from his left hip, to his right shoulder if he wouldn't react to her attack.
Revy Hiroe
Emotional rollercoaster

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Next