PM to join Atlas of Anatomy (Gale McCenry)

Adnaj is impressed with Gale's artistic talents and thinks up a solution to all of the inaccuracies in his textbooks.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Atlas of Anatomy (Gale McCenry)

Postby Adnaj on December 10th, 2012, 3:27 am

Winter 7th 512AV

Adnaj wandered the streets of the Old Quarter. He had gotten into the habit of visiting the Cerulean Pier over his free time. It was nice to get back into the Old Quarter for something other than his commute to work. He meandered down the street, really taking note of all the shops around. It really was a fascinating part of Zeltiva. He observed expensive looking boutiques, storefronts displaying exotic wares, bookstores boasting of their impressive collections and fine jewelery cases.

More importantly though, he found the artists. This is what really caught his eye. As he looked at a beautiful, but rather minimalistic watercolor of a tree in winter, his mind wandered to reference pictures of the vascular system. In his studies, he had come across multiple discrepancies within multiple reference texts. It had started to become a problem. Earlier in the week, he had had another occasion which called for a small incision. When it turned out that he was a few inches off from his target location, he ended up causing more discomfort and recovery time than was absolutely necessary.

Adnaj had no shortage of cadavers from which to study. He had plenty of willingly donated bodies. What he needed was a map! He needed a better visual reference, a more accurate one! As he found himself surrounded by artists he realized that he would absolutely have to commission one.

The only problem was the amount of work (and therefore expense) this would entail. It might be somewhat impractical to train the artist in human anatomy, Adnaj realized. Instead, he would have to find someone with the stomach for a few human dissections. He would have to map out an actual body and allow the artist to pen exactly what he was seeing.

On the way back, Adnaj made sure to keep a special eye out for artists who really impressed him. With this special eye, Adnaj paid notice to the work of a tall, thin, blonde artist. He stopped for a moment and watched his work. After a few moments of observation, he decided to approach. Adnaj walked closer, obviously close. He walked close of enough to, probably, make the artist aware that he was nearby and watching.

Adnaj's posture was relaxed. His facial features were soft. His arms hung leisurely by his side. His presence would not have been critical or harsh but instead, he gave off an air of admiration. In all likelihood, Adnaj could only imagine that this type of thing was pretty common here. That it was an unremarkable scene to have an admirer stop and observe the workings of the artists in Zeltiva.
Last edited by Adnaj on February 24th, 2013, 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adnaj
Technician for the Living

Words: 75084
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 15th, 2013, 2:11 am

ImageImageImage

Ever since Gale was a young boy, he always found something of interest within the city every day. There was always a person who passed by, a bird who flew high above their heads, an interesting formal outfit a professor would wear, a boy or girl slipping between the crowd. The ideas and strings of inspiration within this knowledge filled city was endless...

And Gale was stuck drawing flowers...

Don't take it the wrong way, Gale adores flowers. He enjoys their presence very much and wished he had enough Mizas in his pocket to buy one for his room. It wasn't like an ungrateful, pathetically stupid mutt or an itchy cat that needs attention twenty-four seven and needed to be fed everyday. Plants can go several days without water and all they need is some sunlight. His window would be more than enough and it would be easy to tend to, especially for Gale who rarely visits his room for long periods of time beyond rest. However...

Flowers had little variety when it came to inspiration. There is only so much you could do with them that didn't seem to be pushing it too far. He has been drawing flowers since he learned how to draw. It was fun and he drew them quickly now, but he needed something different. Anything that wasn't the ocean, the buildings, or the fauna. Anything!

After raising his head from drawing a very basic sketch of a rose, using hatchets and random lines for shading rather then anything in depth. The blonde hair was ruffled before his cranium thunked against the tree trunk he was sitting at. Maybe it would also suit nicely if he switched spots. Sure, this was the tree he and his wife use to always sit at. Yes, it was next to the fish market. But perhaps come good would come of him trying some place else.

As the blue eyes skimmed the crowd, a figure from his left started approaching. Not paying any heed to it at first, Gale figured it was someone passing by to just look at his work and be on his way, if that at all. Though, the figure stood their patiently. Turning his head to look at the man, the murderer smirked up at him.

"Can I help you, sir?"

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Adnaj on January 16th, 2013, 2:57 am

"I like your work," Adnaj softly answered. He was staring not at Gale but still directly at at the painting. He had a thoughtful, probing look on his face as his eyes rolled up and down, analyzing the painting.

"You seem to have a certain penchant for detail. It's a quality that I could use." He turned to look at Gale and offered his hand with a subtle but welcoming smile. "My name is Adnaj, I'm a healer. I own and operate the Hearthside Clinic."

He took a few steps as he admired some more of Gale's artistic works. "I find that some of the references texts that I use are a bit inadequate. I'd like to make my own. The only problem is that...well. Not everyone can do what you do..." he chuckled. "Turns out you need quite a bit of talent for that."

He turned to face Gale and took a definitive step closer to him. "Do you have, in your schedule, any time to reserve for a commission? Would I be able to enlist you to create, for me, a more practical anatomical atlas?"
Adnaj
Technician for the Living

Words: 75084
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2012, 4:50 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on July 5th, 2013, 12:24 am

Loot, Lore, and Skills!

Gale :
Skills:
Drawing - 1

Lores:
Bored of drawing flowers

Adnaj :
Comments:
Since I heard from you that this PC is supposed to be retired, I didn't grade your portion of the thread. If you ever come back, however, please PM me and I can!

Gale, it was slightly odd and hard to read, as sometimes you slipped into present tense... which was confusing. Anyways, short thread (one post...) so not much to give...Please PM me if you have any questions, concerns, or comments!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)