Completed How to get lost

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

How to get lost

Postby Valo on December 14th, 2012, 3:03 pm

"Oh forgive me for startling you." he laughed as she stumbled back into Lance. A smile appeared across his face and a happiness, for perhaps the wall of distrust that divided the two was beginning to dissolve away already. "Well my offer stands and my doors are always open to the pair of you. Of course as Lance has rightly stated beforehand, there will be no imposing on my behalf. Take it or leave it, the choice is yours. And I hope you don't feel pressured to make up your mind right away dear friends."
Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

How to get lost

Postby Lance Tycan on December 14th, 2012, 11:43 pm

Lance looked at the girl thoughtfully with a warm and friendly grin "But Wyatti, it is not the action that is to be judged whether it was wrong or not but rather the intent behind it to be decided whether it was indeed in the right place or otherwise noted so. After all, wouldn't an action that was harmlessly trying to allow one to escape someone whom they are afraid of, indeed be a right?" Lance wasn't just speaking from the event that had recently occurred but from his past as well. He had wanted so badly to escape... so badly to just run and run until there was nothing left. He had always waited for someone, just someone, to notice something wasn't right and free him. But the cities he had been in, they allowed slavery and no one would ever come to his aid or rescue and finally he had to realize this on his own. He had to petching run!

The man's small bellow made Lance's unintentional slightly smirking face raise an eyebrow but it soon turned somewhat startled as Wyatti bumped into him in which he chuckled and caught her before she could trip and accidently fall, a reassuring hand on her back that was carefully placed at his side once more. Lance then slowly and gently stood up being sure not only to not spook Wyatti but Ancentrial and Dystair as well. "I would be most honored if it wouldn't be a burden on you. Maybe we can get to know each other a bit more as well rather than on a cold city street." He chuckled again, and for once in his miserable life he knew the closest thing that had ever come close to friends. Someone else out there, stranger or quick acquaintance, actually petching cared.

A smile, not a fake smile but an actual smile showing his teeth flashed through that resembled a bit of happiness inside him, lit up on his face. Lance patted Ancentrial on the shoulder. "Plus, I've got to get him into a warm stable as well," He nodded his head towards Ancentrial "I hope you don't mind an owl being in either, however, she isn't that much of a bother. Maybe just a bit too overly attached but she can take care of herself for the most part and doesn't make a mess or fuss." The bird, almost as if it knew exactly what he was saying, flew over to his shoulder and perched there, examining his new acquaintances. It was a new site for the black barn owl as well as something different for the horse. Dystair was curious in nature and gene pool, but Ancentrial on the other hand just kind of let whatever happen happen. As long as he saw nothing was up with Lance, the horse was almost always relaxed.

"Whatever the outcome, I think we best be getting inside soon. This weather's only getting chillier and Wyatti's not in any position to be out here. I'll make a quick stop by the stables and catch up unless you all would like to join me? I'm not one to take my time about."
Lance Tycan
Player

Words: 30023
Joined roleplay: October 19th, 2012, 3:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

How to get lost

Postby Wyatti on December 15th, 2012, 12:35 am

Wyatti stamped her feet on the ground, and made herself stand. She looked up at the two men, her head quizzically cocked to one side, watching them talk whilst trying to find an answer to Lance's statement. She pursed her lips, her eyes narrowing as a low humming noise came out, before finally she came with a return answer.

"After all, wouldn't an action that was harmlessly trying to allow one to escape someone whom they are afraid of, indeed be a right?"
"I suppose... but... Then is the action to keep one locked away to protect them, even if it was against their will, from the harms and bad of outside be right?"

She gave Lance an unwavering look, even as he stood. It was a challenge to him, even if it was small and required little thought for the human. Perhaps it was a flair of brief stubbornness coming out in her, but the Kelvic wanted an answer and so waited for it.

She watched him talk to Valo, and realised shortly that both of their minds were set. Their destination was to Valo's, a brief refuge in the winter season, but Wyatti still had yet to make her decision. She had trusted humans before, when alone and in serious pain and agony, if she had not, she would most certainly be dead in a gutter somewhere. She saw Lance smile, and a look of amazement swept cross her face. The expression remained for a moment before her hand raised up.

"You smiled!" she gave an accusing point "You're not a misery guts!"

To Wyatti, this comment would of been clear and honest, to others perhaps more rude and blunt in nature; the signs of an ill mannered and untrained child. She kept her finger raised for a moment, before slowly recoiling it back in. She gave a blink, and a small cat like smile, before tugging at Lance's hand. It was a sign for wanting to move on, to leave the cold and preferably to warmth and food. Perhaps it was fear that had vanished, or perhaps the two men now being honest with each other, but for now Wyatti was calm, and to a child mind that was the most important.
Wyatti
Common | Thought

"Curiosity killed the cat, but, satisfaction brought it back"

In the OC World: Uni + Work + Community work = one busy kitty
Wyatti
Player

Words: 65852
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2012, 2:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

How to get lost

Postby Wrenmae on December 15th, 2012, 9:54 am

Why do we linger?

Around the corner of the alley he'd walked around, Wrenmae crossed his arms, head bowed, listening. He picked the voices out easily enough, hearing their murmur reverberate down the alley. His saving grace was that the horse was loud. Its hooves would strike the ground and warn him to move long before they exited.

The two men were quick to dismiss Hound's words, sickeningly soft, agonizingly polite and forthcoming. It infuriated something inside him, some piece of him that recognized baseless charity as a weakness of pointless trust. What if he wore the shape of a simple girl? Taken back to Valo's house he could awake in the night and slit both their throats, take their belongings, and be better off in the matter.

What sort of upbringing bred such stupid survival instincts?

Shaking his head, Wrenmae craned to listen closer, his familiar an ever insistent murmur in his ear.

I have a capital idea. We stop playing peekaboo with the people who don't matter and get on with our lives.

I'm curious.

What are you, twelve? Aren't we past the gossip stage in your development?

Cease your prattling, you never know when information gleaned in retrospect will prove pertinent.

Sure. We can talk about it later. I'll make sure to be your best pal and comfort you, since all those mean boys totally put you down.

Wren grimaced, reaching down and pulling the blue bottle of his familiar off his belt.

Stop being difficult.

Stop being lame.

I ask you to trust me. I have purpose here.

Explain it in five words or less that don't involve the word 'retrospect'

I...

don't have a good answer. Good. Now we're off.

Fine, Zan. Not much to hear about those three anyways.

Exactly my point. Now. Shall we retire?

For now, Zan, for now.

And he turned, pushing the cloak over his shoulders and striding down the road. He'd let them finish their little drama at their own pace.

He had plans to make.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

How to get lost

Postby Valo on December 15th, 2012, 11:04 am

"I suppose... but... Then is the action to keep one locked away to protect them, even if it was against their will, from the harms and bad of outside be right?" she spoke and despite the words not being directed at him, they lingered in his mind. It wasn't time to ask her story yet, but he felt he already knew the gist of it. After all, having travelled all around Mizahar he had witnessed Kelvics being treated less that honourably and that sickened him.

Straightening his back somewhat he conversed with Lance upon the housing of hit two companions. Indeed there was not quite enough room to fit a horse in his house, so he merely suggested a possible stable near by. And as for the owl, Valo explained, he had lived around such birds for a very long time, having grown up in Wind Reach after all. The presence of the little creature was indeed a blessing to an otherwise mundane day. And upon this conversation a spark appeared on Lance's face. And that spark lit a new found fire which illuminated otherwise morose features, casting a hue of happiness upon them. And such happiness that Valo could not stop his own features from shifting into an honest smile. Such was the way of a gentleman.

The most peculiar expression of amazement lingered within Wyatti's features. "You smiled!" she gave an accusing point "You're not a misery guts!". This statement made Valo giggle somewhat. there was so much child-like innocence about her, so much pure and simple honesty. It rendered him so fond of her so quickly and perhaps she reminded him of his sisters when they were still children. The way she spoke, the way she tugged on Lance's hand, it did bring back memories indeed.

Valo's heart seemed filled with kindness, that was true. And perhaps it seemed reckless to many, but when it came to people he trusted his gut instinct. Anyhow, he knew how to protect him self, and shall one of them wakeup and slit his throat in the night, well he would die knowing he did the right thing.

The truth was, Valo had never been betrayed. His mother, his only parent, was a role model of kindness. She would very often house the few travellers which came to the city with not enough coin to house them selves, she would make hot meals for the Dek and treat them no different to Avora or even Endal. This was drilled into Valo's very being from very early days. 'Treat others as you like to be treated son.' Even though Zeltiva lacked the strict social structure of Wind Reach, he's mother's teachings remained. Perhaps he was a lucky child, for even upon his journey to Zeltiva he had encountered much kindness. Men and women alike would take their time to help him in reaching his goal. A friend of a friend of a friend would provide him with accommodation during his stay in the many cities he visited and then pass him onto another friend of a friend.

"Well my friends," he said with a smile of content. "My modest homestead is just a little walk from the docs. Not far at all. Fallow me." he gestured with his hands.

Why did he leave him self so open to strangers? Many may ask such a question. But for that Valo had a straight and honest answer. Any company was welcome for it would relieve him of his perpetual lonesomeness. Being swallowed up by his work, they way he was, left him with few people he could truly call friends. Perhaps his origin was at fault, as for Zeltivians he would always be the newcomer. He would never be quite the same as them. Something which manifested greatly in his accentuation, his hair colour and other simple things alike, a division. Then again as he grew older he realised that in these times, few had people to call friends. A man would not trust another man.
Red
Valo
The man who's very name means light

Words: 431511
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2012, 5:14 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Overlored (1) Zeltiva Seasonal Challenge (1)

How to get lost

Postby Cascade on January 11th, 2013, 4:01 pm

Adventurer's Loot

Wyatti's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Observation +2
Rhetoric +1

Lore:
Given A New Name: Elizabeth
Hound: A Name From Sunberth
Lance Tycan: The Liar
Lance Tycan: Homeless
Valo: The Observant
Valo's Offer

Notes:
Wyatti appears to be a shy girl who doesn't say much... :D
Wrenmae's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Unarmed Combat +2
Flux +1
Listening +1
Rhetoric +1

Lore:
Brawling With Grovold
Detesting Liars
Wyatti: The Scared Girl
Wyatti: Homeless
Lingering And Listening

Notes:
Lol, I was surprised to see you had the 'listening' skill. Gave you a point in that then.
Lance's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Observation +1
Acting +2
Rhetoric +2
Interrogation +1

Lore:
Branded A Liar
Valo's Offer

Notes:
Love your template!
Valo's Loot :
Skill XP Reward
Observation +2
Rhetoric +2
Interrogation +1

Lore:
Zeltiva's Kelp Beer
Disliking Hound
A Generous Offer
I'm glad that certain PCs found a place to stay in this thread. Remember, you can't live in the streets or in Zeltiva -- the guards WILL kick you out! So better stay with Valo until you get a place of your own or at least decide to stay in an inn. Anyhow, this was a good thread. It was mostly social but it was nice to see such different characters interact as such. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!
Cascade
The Demi-Goddess

Words: 182001
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2012, 3:07 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous