Closed Quite the Gathering

[The Kelp Bar] (Gale, Viper, Benshira, Wrenmae) Now at the cusp of his grief Ricky begins to move on from his angery state, only to find himself wishing for another alternative, yet today is quite the social day for him.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Quite the Gathering

Postby Ricky Maze on December 11th, 2012, 5:13 am

Quite the Gathering
Part 2.6 of The Part of Moving On
Winter 40th 512 AV; Mid-Afternoon

When the anger has died and we find that we only bring ourselves down further, we come to withdraw into a new state of mind. It is a process to where we think back in our lost moments, wishing for a chance to undo whatever it is that was done. We seek only an answer, a solution as to what could've solved or prevented our problem. Only to find that what we bargain is never enough to lift the veil...

Today was somehow different for Ricky compared to the last few others, sure there was illness about the town now but surely he was fine. Ricky felt fine now that he thought of it, of course what ever reason he felt healthy wasn't really considered for him. Why? Because he was still emotionally impaired. He was well now moving on to a different state of mind as anger didn't really seem to get him anywhere, his heart a fountain of endless feelings that flurried and sputtered out because of the damage it suffered. Though the season was nearing its halfway pointed Ricky was still dealing with his loss, a great devasation that smashed his heart into fragments. Now of course its remains have come together, leaving a hallowed cacoon waiting for its void to be filled once more. The air was in fact very cold today as he was on his way to the Kelp Bar, finally taking a load off as he finished his shift of guard duty. It was a day that felt rather long for Ricky, a day he was happy to think was soon over.

Arriving at the Kelp Bar he opened the door to enter, the merrily bells ringing to signify an alarm that a patron had entered. The bar was dark and gloomy as usual, but it felt warm and modest compared to the cold outside. Sailors and customers all huddled up in their conversations as laughter and chatter was the sound that filled the place. Ocassionally some would cough here and there, as no doubt they too were holding off the illness that loomed over Zeltiva.

Ricky took his seat at the bar and looked to the barkeep, her look being one that Ricky already knew too well. He shook his head as a manner of no and she went back to her business. Ricky had already spent more than enough time drinking the beer here, it was high time he start keeping himself in check. This season had flown by rather swiftly when he thought about it, even if it still felt rather slow and painful in its beginning. He had lately found himself sleeping a bit more easier as his nightmares turned to different dreams. Dreams he would give anything to make them into a reality. He zoned out to the space that was in front of him, thinking deeply about the ways the events could've turn out.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on December 20th, 2012, 1:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Quite the Gathering

Postby Viper on December 14th, 2012, 3:33 am

"Well here we are Aeyan...Zeltiva. What say we go give it a look see ya?" Viper's horse gave a quick neigh as they resumed their trot towards the city. As much as he loved Cyphrus, he thought it was kind of nice to travel and not have to worry about being throttled in your sleep or ambushed by some monster. Well...mostly. There were always dangers, but he was impressed with how well the Knights had patrolled the roads and kept them safe. And as much as he prefered to wild to the city, the cold was starting to get to him. He was looking forward to a good mug of ale...or perhaps something stronger along with a warm bed.

It didn't take him long after entering the city to find a place to put up Aeyan while he went out for a bender. Walking through the streets, a sign caught his eye. "The Kelp Bar eh?" With a shrug of his shoulders, Viper headed toward the establishment. "Why not." As the door swung open, he was greeted by a strange array of smells. A mixture of salty air, alcohol, and dirty sailors made for a less than pleasant odor. Still, he was just very ready to sit down and drink. So this was the place.

Removing the cloak that covered most of his face from the chill in the evening air, he closed the door behind him and made his way to the bar. "Whiskey please...just give me the bottle and a shot glass." The barmaid shot the man a slightly surprised expression which Viper followed with a smirk. "It's been a long trip." She shook her head and chuckled at him. "No, you don't understand. We only serve Kelp Beer here." She finished pointing to a sign which he had missed. "Ah...I see. Ok well, can I have a pitcher of that then?" The previously grim looking woman, graced him with a small smile before returning to her former look and handing him his pitcher of beer along with a mug. Paying for his order, he walked over to a table in the corner and sat down to pour himself his first shot in Zeltiva.

He hadn't really paid much attention to who all was in the bar as of yet, though the many regulars had been eyeing him with a slightl suspicion since he entered. People watching would begin for him after his first mug. "Well...bottoms up."
Viper
Victory is mine!

Words: 185303
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2012, 1:39 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Quite the Gathering

Postby Ricky Maze on December 26th, 2012, 1:57 am

OOC :
Giving the thread a very much needed bump I figured we can kickstart a conversation and see if anyone else will enter or not. :) If not then I guess it can be just us! Plus this makes our meeting official for the relations tab. ;)

Ricky had wandered just who this stranger was that had walked in through the door, taking his seat in the back as he began to... "indulge" into the kelp beer he had bought. 'What curious fella he is, he ain't no simple tourist for sure.' He thought to himself.

His instinct felt an urge to speak with the man, but at the same time wished for Ricky to leave. It was a curious thing he really hadn't a clue about, whatever reason he felt that way he had to find out for sure. Tapping on the counter with his thumbs he tried to think of a good topic to start a conversation. Would a hello do well? Or maybe a simple warning about the beer? Ricky looked over his shoulder once more, seeing the man taking his first drink of the Kelp Beer. Now seemed like the best time to start a conversation more then ever, as the subject was clearly present for it's scheduled appointment.

Ricky took a deep breath and tried to relax, thinking that this was an excellent opportunity to distract his mind from his troubles. Healthy as he may be his mind was still a caved in prison of lost thoughts, abundant in wild emotions that still was on the verge of being recontained. He stood up and made his way to the man in a rather stroll manner, finally arriving to the table where the new guy was sitting.

"First timer with the Beer eh? Got a nasty kick at first I garentee that." Ricky spoke hoping he sounded humble, searching for some hint of originality within him once more.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Quite the Gathering

Postby Viper on December 28th, 2012, 2:46 am

Viper winced slightly as he swallowed the local brew and caught sight of a stranger mentioning the kick the beer had. "Aye, ya ain't lieing there." Strangely in the mood for some company, even if in the form of someone he didn't know, he held out his hand to shake. "Viper." He said simply before gesturing toward a chair with a nod of his head. "Care to join me?"

As he looked the man over, it seemed to him something almost familiar surrounded him. His appearance? Perhaps. The sound of his voice? Maybe. Or maybe his brain was just frozen after so long a trek out in the winter air. No matter he thought. Either way, he could use the company. It had been a long depressing trip from Endrykas after all with the exception of his brief but surprisingly pleasant stay in Syliras.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Words: 185303
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2012, 1:39 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Quite the Gathering

Postby Ricky Maze on January 18th, 2013, 6:06 pm

"Aye, ya ain't lieing there." He winced after drinking and Ricky did his best to hide a chuckle. The man held out a hand as a sign of formality among strangers, "Viper" was all he said when he did this.

"Ricky; although some call me Ricko or just Rick, not entirely sure how I got "Ricko" though." He tried not to sound like he was rambling, after all an introduction can be interesting only if kept in check. He did his best to sound rather interesting, if Ricky wasn't then he was losing his touch.

Viper looked to the chair across from him with a nod, "Care to join me?" He extended the invitation rather casually, which Ricky took it as a sign that he was welcome in Viper's book. Ricky took the seat with a loose smile, he looked forward to getting to know this man really. He needed a distraction.

"So what brings ya to Zeltiva? Other than the strong drink." He jested only slightly, he was trying to keep the mood light. After all it didn't do any good to have a lot on your mind in front of newcomers.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Quite the Gathering

Postby Delirium on March 13th, 2013, 7:12 pm

Experience Rewards

Ricky :
Experience
Rhetoric 1xp

Lores:
Acquaintance: Viper

Viper :
Experience
Socialization 1xp

Lores:
In the Kelp Bar there is only Kelp Beer
Acquaintance: Ricky, Ricko or just Rick

Notes: Just a little reminder that the stables at the World's End Grotto are not free. "Stable Space (1 Horse)1 SM p/night"
Too bad the thread ended so abruptly however. Ricky here would make a great Zeltiva guide :)

If you have any queries with the grading, pleas don't hesitate to PM me :)
Delirium
An acutely disturbed state of mind

Words: 14179
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Staff account
Office