Completed Do Not Talk About Fight Club

(Ziv) Ricky seeks out Zivilist to see if his fellow Wave Guard will join in with this order he is putting together, is Ziv willing to join? Or will he turn down the offer?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Do Not Talk About Fight Club

Postby Ricky Maze on December 16th, 2012, 11:22 pm

Do Not Talk About Fight Club!
Part 3.2 of the Part of Moving On
Winter 48th, 512 AV; 14th Bell

When given a chance to regain a piece of what we lost we become desperate, eager to do what we feel is necessary to gain it. Our mind's incapable of balancing out morality, we seek for a tangible reality where we can thrive. However it is in these moments we can become someone, whether that someone is truly us or not...

Ricky was looking for a fellow friend of his, one that would indeed understand the very nature of this group he was discreetly gathering. It has been a tedious time period the past two weeks, but things were finally coming together for the fisherman. At least this task he had been given was, the pursuit of a idea becoming real was all he could think about. The ambitious drive that existed had been created by the ever lasting grip of failure. Well no more! Ricky wouldn't tolerate failure any longer, he was not going to dissapoint his allies or his city. He was going to become better, stronger so that he could protect the last thing he had left. This was a desire he had long had since his return, since his lost companion that unfortunate night. He was driven to suceed because failure wasn't acceptable, and no more was he bound to wallow in despair or hate. Those two were pointlessly getting him no where, no if he wanted to get somewhere he would have to take action. He would achieve his first goal on this miserable road he traveled down, he would find sucess amongst all this failure he felt... he had to.

Searching for Zivilist Gott, Ricky made his way throughout and about the town. Unsure about where he would find his fellow Wave Guard he went first to the Fish Market, searching amongst the busy crowd that would traffic through. He would look for any signature features of Ziv that would make him stand out, hopefully the man was in his uniform to make the search easier...
Last edited by Ricky Maze on December 31st, 2012, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Zivilist Gott on December 17th, 2012, 6:25 pm

Zivilist, while not exactly happy, was not exactly feeling sad either. A little over a dozen days had passed since that incident and while it weighed heavily on his heart, the hope of helping others learning the art to defend themselves and learning new skills himself was uplifting. As he strolled through the streets, dressed in his uniform which differed from the normal guardsman's uniform in that he wore a Back and Breast plate over it. Another notable thing was the new glove on his right hand that did not match the one on his left, and part of was obscured by his sleeve.

Tomorrow he begun his first class, instructing others the proper art of using the Rapier, understandably he was quite nervous, to the point he forgot that he was in a fish market filled with people from time to time and bumped into said people unintentionally 'One would think the smell be a horrible reminder' He thought as he made his way out of the crowd and stood in between a couple of stalls, both selling remarkably similar products...Fish.

He sighed slightly as he rested his right hand on his rapier, while he tucked his left into his pocket, having surprisingly forgotten his shield. Or did he? The Shield was as much of a symbol of his duties as his uniform, perhaps more so, it was not a necessity to carry it around but one would think one so concerned with his 'duty' would not forgot such a thing.
My thoughts | My Words to be heard | Words for me to hear
Zivilist Gott
Player

Words: 24555
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on December 18th, 2012, 5:06 am

He made his way past the traffic of people, nudging his way through with apologies, until finally he arrived at a spacious point away from the crowd. People were busy stocking up on food supplies while the getting was good apparently, food shortages were bound to happen at some point this season and with the increasing sickness and pestilence food was important to have. Yet Ricky didn't come here for food, he search and peered through the crowd until at last a familiar piece of detail stood out. The cerulean outfit defined as the city's "badge of honor" in Ricky's mind, the Wave Guard uniform that pointed stood out like a black sheep; and who was wearing this uniform? Just the exact person Ricky was looking for, even though he and Ziv never really talked much after the incident. Thst night was a very confusing one for the both of them, yet if anyone would understand the reason behind whst Ricky was putting together it was Ziv.

Making his way back into the hoard of people he made his way through until he finally arrived to Zivilist, taking the man by his shoulder without thinking. "I gotta talk to ya!" He stated like it was urgent. Ricky looked around to see if there was a more roomy area that wasn't so noisy with the people, wondering where would be a good spot to have this conversation. "Can ye take a for a chime?" He asked as he figured back over to where he was would work, there really wasn't much of an option considering the crowd came in drones.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zivilist Gott on December 18th, 2012, 2:23 pm

It was sudden really, Zivilist was in deep thought when Ricky suddenly grabbed him by the shoulder "Uh...Richard?" He said as he got a good look at his associate, who seemed to be a bit impatient to say the least. He and Ricky had experianced the same tragedy not long ago, it seemed to shock Zivilist more at the time, but Ricky was still mourning his pet dog... not to say Zivilist was not in mourning himself, for before the loss of Kip he had lost Gino near the end of fall and the day where he went back to duty for the first time also marked the day Kip died.... he was still very much in mourning, but the death of Kip simply brought all those memories back in a crushing manner.

"Here is better than nothing, its so crowded anyone else wouldn't even hear themselves think" He remarked as Ricky wondered if this was a good place to talk "So speak Richard, whats so urgent that you must speak to me during my shift?" It was a curious thing, would he really need to know what it is? would Richard's words and whatever he is planning interest him? We shall now find out.
Zivilist Gott
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on December 19th, 2012, 5:50 am

Considering the amount of work it took to get here Ziv waa right, with a sigh Ricky nodded in agreement that this spot would have to do. "It's Ricky, and it's about the... accident we came across." He glanced around when he said accident, knowing good and well that he was making a cover up for incident. Zeltiva may have heard and been aware but talking about it was dangerous in public, for in an open space lile this there was no telling how quick their words could spread if unchecked. "Ye no doubt would do what's necessary to keep it from happenin again wouldn't ya?" He didn't wait for Ziv to respond, as he felt it best to get his point across.

"Say there was, hypotheically, a group or force in the Wave Guard. To uphold the peace more better and be able to defend ourselves, would ya join that said group for the better of Zeltiva?" Now that Ricky finished he gave the man a moment to breathe and think on it, hoping that Zivilist would be considering it. Why wouldn't he join in? He was there, on that same night! If he had a chance to step up and prevent further incidents like that. The oppertunity itself was hard to come by, yet here it was now. All Ricky had to do was convince the man to join..
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zivilist Gott on December 19th, 2012, 6:39 am

"About that...?!" Oh he knew full what he meant, it was on the lips of the Wave Guards and others for days and was still spoken in whispers by those concerned, doesn't make emotional healing an easy task, that was a certainty " You know I would Richard " As well as keep calling him Richard apparently 'In fact I joined the Martial Association just a few days ago' He thought to himself. When he heard the word 'Hypothetical' He had to silently groan "Hypothetical?,,,," Hypothetical for the most part tended to be secret talk 'for not really Hypothetcial' and in fact a reality or a very possible one and apparently this group was very possible.

For a moment he pondered, if it was to protect Zeltiva he certainly would, but on the other end.... who would be these 'members' ? Are they truly interested in protecting the city? are they people he knows himself or at the very least known for doing things in the city's interest? Or were they likely just using it as an excuse, or were there any others in the first place and was Ricky simply inviting him as the first because he understood the reasoning the most? "Uh...Hypothetically..... It is a possiblity, but um.... who would be a part of this Hypothetical group you speak off?"
Zivilist Gott
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on December 19th, 2012, 9:26 am

"It is a possiblity, but um.... who would be a part of this Hypothetical group you speak off?"

Ricky sighed as he should've known better, of course there wouod be questions. There always were questions when it came to discretion, but then again this could be Ziv just overly curious orcautious for the matter. After all had Ricky done made the wrong move then surely his "employer" would be displeased with him. Failure was NOT an option this time, and if Ziv was going to be involved then he at least should know what. "Keep it quiet ok? I don't wanna have a ruckus raised because of it. I'd rather accomplish the job and get things going..."

He took a chime to rub his eyes and face, the stress of the season still tiring out the fisherman. When he found the right words he then continued. "I recruited two dozen because, well, I... ah petch." He was flustered of course, his nerves rattled as the fiftieth was right around the corner. Whether his job was done well was up to his employer, that and this "Wrenmae" he was to bring them to. Taking a few deep breathes though he found the courage he needed to muster before continuing. "Someone contacted me about this, said they needed a person to be their speaker or leader. I dunno really, but I know they wish to better defend the peace of Zeltiva." He looked to Zivilist once more, deep in the mans eyes with his sincerest look.

"I can't allow others to become a victim Ziv, I have to protect them all. This is the only way I know how, and I need people I can trust to help me." He reassured the man, hoping to sound convincing. He hadn't no other way of telling Zivilist all of this, what he was sharing was more then he considered too. He knew not how discreet he was suppose to be, but he felt it most important to keep things simple for now. "The people I have... invited to join are all loyal to Zeltiva, of that I can assure you."
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zivilist Gott on December 19th, 2012, 1:42 pm

He could not deny Richards passion, that he admitted to himself, and Richard looked quite sincere about these people. But were they truly as he believes? He had no way of knowing if they were trustworthy but Richard's word and even if Richard and he had shared a traumatic experience; they were nothing more than associates, sincere as he may be, he could not agree wholeheartedly. Doubt was an ally in such occasions.... but it was also an enemy, he could not outright reject Ricky in the end 'I.... don't quite know Ricky, I understand and feel the same as you do.... but these individuals you speak of, I would have to form my own opinion on them. I cannot just say yes, just like that"

He sighed and rubbed his forehead, this situation was to be a headache to the highest degree "If I were to join Ricky..I'd need to meet this contact of yours... my own opinion of this person... it will decide this, um...Is...uh.. that good enough?"
Zivilist Gott
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on December 19th, 2012, 11:51 pm

Ricky sighed once more after hearing Zivilist's answer, it was a situation that was rather difficult to figure out; but one that had a solution nonetheless.

"All right then, I can't garentee anythin but if yer needin to meet them then you can do so on the fiftieth." He confirmed to Ziv with a serious look. "Be outside the gates of Zeltiva just before the evenin, and bring yer weapons too. They're likely goin to test us to see what we got, so you may get the chance to actually meet them." He instructed Zivilist without considering what the man would think, since this was the best he could do as far as actually "meeting" them.

Whatever the case may be though it was up to Ziv, Ricky was only offering him the opportunity to do some good. For Zeltiva would surely need stronger soldiers to defend it, and though Ricky didn't really classify himsel as a soldier; he still felt obligated to protect it's people.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zivilist Gott on December 28th, 2012, 7:22 pm

" I...." He hesitated for a moment, unsure if he should but.... if its truly for Zeltiva then why say no for simply a test? "Alright Richard, I'll come, but I won't make any promises about joining" He told him , his eyes looking into Ricky's " And I do hope you are right about them, Richard" He sighed and looked away into the crowd "such ill fated times......The people of Zeltiva need protectors worthy enough to do so, people are ill and thieves are becoming more daring. Healers are doing the best they can with the ill, but what of us? I've been repeating this in my head so many times..... We are but guard in name only, our coin comes easy for us and we know not of true danger" He gritted his and his fist tightened its hold on the rapier hilt " Which is why, for the citizens of Zeltiva, I hope you are right"

He looked back at Richard with detirmined eyes " Fiftieth, was it? I'll meet you outside the gates as you asked, and I risk sounding like a squawking bird, but I do hope your right about them"
Zivilist Gott
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next