The Mura Development Discussion Thread

This is a thread for discussion of expanding Mura and the Konti culture.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the development forum for Mura and all of Konti Isle. Herein contains the Suggestion Box, and any discussions anyone wants to have about the further development of The Konti as a whole.

The Mura Development Discussion Thread

Postby Gossamer on December 22nd, 2012, 6:01 pm

Feel free to post any suggestions, development, or talk about any sort of Konti Projects you'd like to see happen here in this thread. If the discussion is thought to be something big, please post a separate thread and then link it to here so the Konti and moderators can discuss it!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

[OOC] The Konti Development & Suggestion Thead

Postby Horlamin on January 25th, 2013, 7:53 pm

A resizing of the picture is in order. I attempted to do so myself, but whenever I resized it, my computer wouldn't allow me to see it. Other than that, I hope you enjoy

When traveling to Mura from the south, it is not the city ships see first, but the blazing beacon on the island's southern shore, known as Laviku's Light by the Konti. The lighthouse was built in the year of 446 AV, but to any who look upon it believe it was a recent construction on the island. It was built with utility in mind, but the white stone and glass top is still considered a beauty by those who look upon it. Built upon a cliff on the southern tip of the island, the lighthouse is a half day's walk from Mura. Thus, a quaint cottage was built at the foot of the tower, for the keeper to reside in instead of making the trek from Mura each day.

Not that the trek is difficult. A dirt path stretches from the city to the lighthouse, and its terrain is well worn from the multitude of feet who had walked it. Liash, keeper of the lighthouse and acolyte of Laviku, extends an open invitation to any who wish to visit her, especially foreign sailors. She enjoys swapping stories with anyone who visits, allowing her to keep up with the happenings of the city and the world while she is secluded. Many a captain or representative of the foreign ships have traveled to the lighthouse to perform a sacrifice to Laviku before a marked follower of the god.

Visitors are often invited into the threshold of the one-room cottage. The interior is simple, but pleasant, with a fireplace and plush ottomans for visitors to relax in. This is where most of visiting is done, with stories being told before the burning fire, with a glass of wine in everyone's hands. If one was here for more religious purposes, though, they are instead led to to the lighthouse, where a shrine for Laviku is found on the ground floor. A window is always open, allowing the smell of salt water to fill the room, and for visitors to always see the ocean beyond. In this area, prayers and sacrifices to Laviku are made. Very rarely will anyone be allowed to ascend the steps to the upper levels, unless Liash has a special reason.

NPCs
Name: Liash
Race: Konti
DoB: 413 AV (100 YO)
PoB: Mura
Title: Lightkeeper
Skills: Lightkeeping - 68, Storytelling - 63, Socialization - 55 Fishing - 42
Gnosis: Laviku 2, Avalis 1

Liash was always in love with the sea, often spending an entire day swimming in Silver Lake and the ocean beyond. When the Zeltivans started regular visits to the island, and the idea of a lighthouse was put into motion, she was quick to volunteer to become the first keeper of the lighthouse; this was her calling. As soon as the final stone was laid in place, in the Fall of 446 AV, Liash made her way to the lighthouse, and has been tending the lights above ever since. Despite her solitude, Liash is fond of storytelling and overall interaction with people. She is open to all who visit her, and will often play the the religious figure when inquires are made about her patron god, Laviku. Overall, she makes a trip to a lighthouse worthwhile.

*Location credit goes to Horlamin.
"In our darkest moments, we come to know the true measure of our souls"
Horlamin
Born Fighter

Words: 24982
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2012, 7:44 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on February 3rd, 2013, 4:05 pm

Location approved Horlamin! I'll put it in sometime today. :) When you resize something, hit the shift key when you are reloading to see the changes. That often fixes the problem.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Laurie White on February 4th, 2013, 2:16 am

Secret :

Height•1-2 inches tall for female
1-3 inches tall for male

Weight•1-2lbs

Life span• 20 years

Major Features• They have two forms, the first is their water form. With the face of a fox, their bodies are covered in scales, they have flippers instead of legs and a fish tail. In their land form they have fur that's really fluffy. They look like regular fox.

Abilities• They can breathe under water. Store salt water inside.

Population• rare(males are rare)

Most common in• The Konti Isle(Crystal Cavern)

These Sea creatures are called Divine Fox. Or Mura's Pride. They are like the Konti race itself. They are considered rare now than when they first came out. Living on the caverns of Mura during the Winter. They have a unique beauty to them,
you can never find one outside of The Konti Isle unless they have been smuggled. People outside of the Konti Isle don't understand how important it is that they remain on Konti Isle unless they are with a konti (one of the grandmother circle specifically because they know the most) because they have a small percentage of dying. Since there is a scarce amount of male Divine Foxes it is hard to produce offsprings. Divine foxes can stay under water for a day but have to come up for air. They can stay on land for as long as they want as long as they have water stored in them. Divine Foxes can me kept as pets but probably by Konti Women only so be they're attached to that race

History•

In 432, the sea god Laviku wanted to show his love for Avalis, how much he appreciated her. As a gift he created the foxes that spring from the sea itself. When the Divine fox was created it was the season winter. The water was to cold for it and it swam to land, which happened to be Mura. It seemed like a present for the Konti woman. From than on the divine fox became very popular on Konyti Isle. When the Divine fox returned to the water for the three seasons (Spring, Summer and Fall) it was fascinating to watch. The Konti woman treated the animals with great respect and even gained their trust. The Divine fox would even get attached to a Konti and every time they returned during the winter, they would find that special Konti.

When The Konti Isle was discovered and other races began to visit it was even harder for Divine Foxes to return. They weren't familiar with the other races. Sometimes they would fled at the sight of someone other than a Konti approaching. Sometimes they were smuggled and taken out of their usual habitat which caused their deaths. Mostly the males because they move slower than the females. Before the smuggling and deaths there were 7000 Divine Foxes. But now there are 3000

Physical Appearance•

The Divine Fox has two forms. No matter what form they're in they'll always have either blue, Green, violet or rainbow colored eyes( ROYGBIV). Their tongues are grey. In one form they have scales and gills covering them. Long flippers, only two in the front. They have a long tail that is about 3 inches long. They are all a violet color in this form that turn once they are in water. In their other form they have white fur and for legs that are short. Their tails curls and their teeth are long, almost like fangs that they tuck in. In their land form you can't even tell they're their own unique race. Their gills help them breathe under water and sometimes absorb saltwater that they use as a weapon. They squirt it out their mouth at people that they believe will harm them. The females can sometimes shoot out a type of acid with it unlike the males who can only shoot out regular salt water.

Common Traits•

There aren't a lot of common traits for these creatures. Beside them all being intelligent, quiet and motherly( or fatherly) to each other. Divine Foxes never fight among each other. They usually fight together if anyone is attack they would know somehow. If a Divine Fox is born in winter,Which rarely happens. They could act like a Konti because at their young age they observe what is around them. What most Konti's love about them is that they make a beautiful noise that sounds similar to the flute when they're happy.

Reproduction & Aging•

It is getting harder and harder for the Divine Foxes to produce offsprings. Males aren't really around and since Divine Foxes only bond and mate with one of its kind, rarely other types of animals, not many are produce. Divine Foxes have a litter of five to seven every other year. Out of the litter only two would be male. Divine Foxes aren't considered adults until they're two years old. But don't reproduce until they're three. Gestation doesn't happen until a full season and the female wont have the baby for another two season. Mating usually happens in Winter. From three years and up they can have a litter at any age because they don't really get old. They sort of die young. Depending on how big the baby is they usually start swimming on their own and of they can't, they stay aboard their parent's back.

Everyday Life•

Divine Fox don't wander to far away from Konti Isle. They travel together incase anything happens to one another. There are little packs. The leader makes sure everyone gets safely to their destination which is always beneath the sea and somewhere dark where predators can't hurt them. There's always a small group of Divine Foxes that go out and catch a meal, a couple of fish maybe. They organize the group so that the young and older Divine foxes are together. That way the young can learn. The mothers are in a group with their litter and the stronger Divine Foxes and always on watch to make sure nothing crosses their territory. But when they return to land they separate and move freely around.

NPCs•
Name: H'eidite
Marks: Avalis 1, Laviku 1
History: H'eidite is a Konti that was raised to respect the Divine Foxes. Her family has been protecting them for years and still do. She lives a dull life that she thinks is worth it for the safety of the Divine Foxes. She keeps track of them when they're on land. She is making a little Sanctuary in the Crystal Cavern to Help breed this race and keep them safe.
Skills:
Swimming30
Medicine30
Fishing30

Secret :

Name: Lilac
History: Lilac belongs to H'eidite. Lilac is known by most of the Konti race because she doesn't travel with the other Divine Foxes. She is taking care of a litter.
Last edited by Laurie White on February 4th, 2013, 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness

Words: 17654
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 4:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on February 4th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Hey Laurie!

So these foxes sound super adorable and are a potentially wonderful idea, but I figured I'd point out some problems with them so their all spiffy-fied for Goss's opinion.

And Here they are:

• You say that these creatures are 1-2 or 1-3 inches high, basically they're able to fit in your hand. This is fine, but later you mention them breeding with Ivaski, which are MASSIVE canines, making that impossible. Your best bet is just to remove that whole Ivaski bit, these creatures can be magical creatures from the Gods without breeding with current species.

• If the foxes are only a couple inches tall they wouldn't weigh 10 lbs, more than likely they can fit in the palm of your hand and scarcely weigh a single lb. If that.

• You mention that the foxes special ability is breathing underwater for three seasons. This should be altered to the ability to breath underwater, since you later mention they have gills. Instead you should briefly mention how long and at what times they stay on land and when they live in the water.

• There are quite a few inconsistencies within your article about the age and breeding rate of these foxes. It list their life span being 20 years, yet Lilac is 50 years old. And despite the fact that these foxes can breed at the age of three, Lilac hasn't had a litter yet.

• You don't have to list the exact amount of foxes unless you really want to (Instead you can say Common, Uncommon, Rare, etc.). There are 3000 divine foxes in circulation, yet only 2000 inhabitants of Mura, is that the kind of ratio you want?

• It would be extremely difficult for a single fox to be the leader of 3000 creatures, what if they had family units instead?

• It is very unlikely the foxes would have a seers lily upon their chest unless they had been marked by Avalis and have her Gnosis power, which would require Gossamer's approval.

• Because of the intensely small rate of males it is likely that Konti would help with the breeding process of these creatures to maintain the population. You have an NPC as a care taker, why not also make a sanctuary for these creatures? It could be inside or directly near the Crystal Cavern, which is where it sounds like you have them spend the winter.

• Also re these foxes actually pets? Since Mura is an island half developed on land, half developed in water, it would be extremely easy for Konti to accommodate the changing forms of these foxes, is it common for Konti to keep them as pets, or are they more of just natural wildlife that the women believe they need to preserve?

Just consider these points. I would re-read your article and think about the traits of these foxes and how they function within Mura. Also if you have any questions just post them here or PM me.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Laurie White on February 4th, 2013, 10:53 pm

Okay I have edited it- Sorry I was a little three when I was finishing it. Hopefully it is better, I have tried my best to make the changes and Add a couple of things.
Laurie White
Princess of Kindness

Words: 17654
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 4:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Naeya on February 6th, 2013, 2:39 am

Hi, Murans!

I found some lovely birds that I can easily imagine being native to Konti Isle. These could work as birds in the wild, birds commonly kept as pets, or some combination. I've stuck them below, but haven't filled out any information for them yet. If anyone's inspired by a particular image and wants to fill out the info, be my guest! I'd love your help.

The info sections I've used were taken from the Riverfall Fauna page.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Size:[/b]
[b]Color:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Lifespan:[/b]
[b]General Information:[/b]
[b]Value:[/b]

Purple Bird :

Rainbow Bird :

Pink Lovebirds :

Yellow Lovebirds :

Light Blue Bird :

Teal Feathered Bird :
Naeya
And yes I said yes I will Yes.

Words: 214237
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2012, 3:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 10th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Hi Laurie-

While I appropriate your writeup, there are FAR FAR too many inconsistencies in it to be accepted as any sort of legitimate creature in Mura. I'll be honest. I don't think your concept works and I shy away from rare, unusual, etc in this context because its a bit late in Mura's game to insert such an important creature into Muran society and have it not feel forced.

If you want to make them non-foxes with a non-divine origin a better name and a more consistent biology, then we'll certainly entertain the thought of putting something like this.

Naeya -

Nice birds. But we need more description of them rather than just pictures.l

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby L'orlei on March 5th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Hi! So one of the thread goals in the calendar of events thread was to create a Svefra NPC. So.. here is my NPC! And if he gets approved, I'd like to use him in a couple threads to complete some of the other goals.

Indigo Chillwater

Race: Svefra
Sex: Male

Skills:

Swimming 10
Fishing 20
Sailing 15
Dance 5

Gnosis: Oceanus (Rank 1)

Indigo is an energetic young Svefra from the Chillwater pod. He has been with them from birth, his parents also being from the pod, and Indigo knows no other way of life. His home is the sea, and his passions all dwell upon or within it.

Personality:

Indigo has a zest for life and a passion for adventure. He is most at home on the ocean, and coming to shore sometimes makes him nervous. Indigo is fun loving and aways ready for a good time. He enjoys fishing and swimming most of all, but is usually up for trying anything. Indigo is young and hasn't really thought much beyond his immediate life. When asked about his plans for the future he often shrugs and says he has no idea. Planning ahead is for the old ones, he lives his life in the moment.

History:

There isn't much to say about Indigo's history. He was born aboard a ship at sea and grew up with his pod. Most of his life was spent on the water, just as Indigo preferred. In truth, things did not really get interesting for him until the djed storm. His parents, his Tavan, and many others from his pod were lost in the Djed Storm of 512. While he mourned the loss of his family, life went on, and he continued to travel with his pod. During the fall of 512 he found a new Tavan, a young dolphin called Seafoam. Things turned around for him after that. His depression ended, and while he still missed those who were lost, he was able to move forward once more. Indigo continued to travel with his pod until the discovery of the sunken vessel they believed to be one of their own, after which point he and his pod came to Mura in search of aid.

Kontinese - Green | Common - White | Tukant - Cyan
L'orlei
Player

Words: 139554
Joined roleplay: December 21st, 2011, 8:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Traverse on March 10th, 2013, 1:18 pm

Indigo looks like a keeper Lor'lei! Feel free to use him in your threads!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next