Closed Catching Up

[World End's Grotto] (Gale) Ricky happens to receive a guest he hadn't expected, which brings in another unexpected guest into the spotlight.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Catching Up

Postby Ricky Maze on December 31st, 2012, 9:15 am

Catching Up
Part 1.3 of The Part Of Moving On
Winter 6th, 512 AV; 18th bell

When we are faced to see reality we close our eyes, hoping to shut out what lies before us. Forced to turn to reality we seek to hide from it, to withdraw into a place where we feel no pain...

"Come on Ricky, I know you're in there!" She exclaimed as she continued her knocking. Ricky's wooden door failed to budge though as he remained hidden away within his room. He didn't wish to speak to anybody, not in his current condition anyway. Last nights drinking had turned out to be overdone once again, and had left him to deal with the terrible suffering of another hang over. "Ricky Maze, I know you can hear me!" She was stern and irritated. For almost a bell now she had dropped by here and wouldn't go away, Ricky normally wouldn't have mind her being here of course. He would've actually been quite happy to see her, but how else was he suppose to greet his friend?

"I know what happened Ricky, I've heard everything and quite frankly I'm not very happy. Now come open the door so we can talk." She ordered quite rashly, but her furious words never broke through. Ricky didn't budge from his bed he now sat on, only watched the shadows of the floor as the dying light of the sun finally vanished from the sky. The room was dark as there was no candles lit, but that wasn't anything different for Ricky. He had been in this dark place for a while now, lost within it actually now that the thought occured. Dealing with his sorrow in the best way that he could. "Ricky, pleeease?" She begged him behind the door, a bit more sincere this time. Her attept only partially worked however.

"I'm not wantin visitors Tel." He managed to say in his sulking manner.

"I knew you're in there! Open this door Ricky!" Her attitude shifted once again, just like before when Ricky and Telion first met. It was good to know she still hadn't changed.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Catching Up

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 23rd, 2013, 5:29 am

ImageImageImage

This… This confounded pounding and knocking and hollering! He was never going to be able to get anything done with this hammering and beating! Recollecting the day’s events and writing it down on paper was harder then it looked when you have someone going “Ricky! Open this door!” for nearly a bell. Though, Gale persisted to ignore it for now and continued to write down the days events. It had to stop soon.

“…and persisted throughout the duration of the day. Nonetheless, this phase is essential every now and again, for if there was no day to accumulate your views, judgments, and opinions, then it would be problematic when one desired to express their interpretations.“

The knocking stopped and the complaining quieted and a soft sigh of relief passed through his lips. Please. Stay like this.

“Meditating on your understandings can never deleteriously affect someone for it is not the action of doing so, it is wh-“ Gale’s hand jumped, making a long streak of ink run across his paper, when the shrieking continued once more.

Enraged and irritated, Gale’s lips curled and he closed his eyes. After a moment with his head lowered and his fingers tapping the wood rhythmically, he set down the quill and stood up from the shaky desk and pushed in the chair. After exiting his room and as silently as he could, closing the door, he took the step or two to reach the opposing room.

The artist’s face formed an expression of which could be read in many different ways. One way being a parentally way of gesturing that was enough that normally came with a finalized nod. This nod came after he tapped her shoulder lightly and grabbed her attention. After gesturing silently to give him a moment with a lifted index finger, his left hand rose and he knocked on the door softly with his back knuckles.

“Richard, do you mind if I can see you for a moment? Please?”

The blonde wasn’t sure if his attempt would work any better than the squealing lass next to him, but maybe the fact that it was a different voice prodding him out would get him to come to the door and get the women to shut up. Yes, he knew how Ricky felt and knew what he was going through. He wanted Ricky to feel better but neither of them was helping the situation at all!

Yelling the snot at him wasn’t going to get anyone anywhere beside her maybe losing her voice. Locking himself away from the rest of the world wasn’t going to solve anything either, for Gale did it for nearly five years. Gale learned the hard way that keeping yourself away from human contact wasn’t going to do anyone good. It almost lead him to his death so there wasn’t a damn chance that he was going to let Ricky think that he can get away with staying cooped up in his room! And there wasn’t a damn chance that he was going to let this lass blast the hell out of his ears either! Gale was going to go def before she would get Richard out of there!

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Catching Up

Postby Ricky Maze on January 29th, 2013, 3:54 am

"Huh, what?" Telion looked at Gale in confusion, unaware that he was a good friend to Ricky.

“Richard, do you mind if I can see you for a moment? Please?”

When Gale knocked on the door and spoke soon after Ricky almost panicked, he wanted to remain silent and pretend nobody was in but with Tel there and the two being strangers it was clear a situation could evolve out of this. "Richard?! I think you have the wrong room cause the man I'm lookin for is Ricky, and clearly his name is Ricky; not Richard." Tel stated with her hands on her hips, however a shuffle that could be heard beyond the door caught her attention.

Ricky had given into the pressure of answering the door, for the sake of the rest of the inn and its peace. He managed slip on his short sleeve and almost tumble to the door, finally swinging it open as he slipped the rest of the shirt down his torso. Telion took no time to wait to give him a hug, she wrapped her arms around him as tight as she could to try and comfort him. After a chime she finally took a step back. "You look bloody awful!" She stated as she rubbed his cheek to clean some of the dirt and sweat that clung to him.

Ricky didn't really react to her wiping his face, he only looked to the floor and squinted from the headache he had going on. A hangover was nothing new to the fisherman though, lately he had been dealing with enough of them to not make a big deal. "Whatcha need?" Ricky was rather blunt about it when he asked the question, no real energy or drive in his voice.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Catching Up

Postby Eldritch on July 13th, 2013, 2:24 am

Thread Graded!

Ricky :
Lores
-Avoiding Telion

Gale :
Skills
Drawing +1

Lores
-Distracted by Telion

Notes :
Nothing really to give here, but I gave what I could.

If you have any comments/questions/concerns about your grade please PM me and we will work something out.

Keep on writing!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook