Zulrav

God of Storms, Wind, and Air.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Zulrav

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 6:37 am

Zulrav

ImageThe God Zulrav controls the weather on Mizahar, especially in terms of the winds. All the winds belong to this God. Zulrav has close ties to Semele, whom some cultures, like the Drykas, consider his lover. He is, perhaps surprisingly, one of the more personable gods. He speaks to his followers with an open mind, often revealing his thoughts to them. Zulrav keeps a host of followers who act as the eyes and ears, supporting what the winds know. Zulrav likes to mark his Stormwardens at birth, often welcoming them into the world with a fierce storm. He keeps close tabs on the other Gods, for it is said that he knows all things the winds touch.

"I have gone by many names over the ages." Lightning crackled throughout the air, mimicking a voice. "There was a time when a new breed of creatures came to this place from a distant world among the stars. I very much disliked these people at first, for they were the newest and yet acted as though they had been here the longest. And so, while other gods gave them gifts and blessings, I gave these creatures - humans, as they went by - storm, hail and lightning. I visited hurricanes and tornadoes upon their cities, doused their fires and crushed their roofs. At that time, they called me the Harsh One, the Slap of the World, He Who Hisses in the Night, and a myriad other colorful names that sound quite amusing in retrospect. Sometimes I miss the naive fantasies of those ancient people. They still had the ability to marvel at things, like pups and children do; then came ages when they thought they had learned everything there was to learn, and off they went to kill one another to convince themselves that they had learned well.

"Even I can't remember the exact moment when I started to like them. You could say they grew on me after a while. Some of them started praying to me, and even I was surprised to hear not all of them were praying for their lives and safety. I would have taken no heed of such invocations borne of blind fear - I never do. No, they were asking for freedom and enlightenment. They wanted to fly and were ready to abandon their comfort to do so. Thus were the Stormwardens born."

Zulrav often appears as a windswept figure made of the storm clouds themselves. Unlike other Gods and Goddesses that seem to have a more mundane appearance, Zulrav has never been seen wearing the form of a mortal man or any of the other sentient races across Mizahar. Instead, he swirls around the person he's conversing with, never manifesting fully. His voice is said to be the boom of thunder and his touch the gentle caress of the wind.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Zulrav

Postby Miria on March 21st, 2013, 4:32 am

Spring 12, 512 AV

"I would like to be free from these borders.”
Miria was at the Icewall gates today. For what reason she would not have been able to say. Still she lingered near the gates looking forlorn at the expanses before her, all different yet similar in a way. “Perhaps another time yes?” Leaving the two Icewatch stationed at the gates alone she quietly strolled through the snowy paths all around Avanthal. Alone with her thoughts Miria reminisced of times long gone. Her childhood and time spent with Laforte. The extended honeymoon with Morello touring Denval and Wind Reach. Miria even thought of the day that Vaspira exchanged their feelings for each other. The tender times allowing a smile to touch Miria's features once more before she turned back to look at the Talderan wastes.

All of them Miria loved still to this day, though she still had some mixed feelings with Morello running off to find his own happiness. Yet all in all the archer was happy having spent time with the loves of her life even if she was only able appreciate their presence for a short time before parting. “I just want to see them again. Talk with them even.” However her first duty was to Avanthal and it's people. The archer said it herself during Morwen's homecoming not too long ago. I love you first and foremost Mother Morwen. That was what she said in front of her people and her goddess Miria unwittingly swore a oath of fealty. Thinking back to it now however Miria did not regret her actions at all that day. It was her reassurance of sorts and though she maybe have other aspirations Miria would keep her word. “Still my thoughts about them drives these desires.”

Miria would not forget them, never forget them. That was one thing the archer would not concede to Morwen or Avanthal. Miria clutched desperately at their memory and the chance to see them again, of course prioritizing Laforte or Vaspira over Morello but that wasn't the issue. Miria was stuck in Avanthal so that chance may never come, all she can do was face the future. Already the Coolwater made up plans for joining the Icewatch, the honor guard of Avanthal. Miria ran the thought again through her mind just to assure herself she wasn't dreaming. Only awhile ago she would have never considered the position but after seeing her own loved one taken away from her the thought of protecting other's loved ones started to appeal to the archer. Avanthal needs heros they can count on. Especially given Winter events holds leaders were changing hands and everyone had to do their part in restoring Avanthal to it's former glory.

The wind swirled faintly around her as she neared the docks. Coolwater hold was where Miria was staying even though she was not originally borne there. Being married off to a Coolwater made her transfer over and even after Morello's disappearance she kept a constant light on the window sill silently wishing he will find his way home. Though there were thoughts of transferring back to Skyglow after finding Morello was all and well in the wastes Miria could not bear to tarnish his image as she turned back to Avanthal empty handed now knowing she was a divorcee instead of a widow. Keeping a content face Miria spied the same ship that they used while they traveled abroad. That was when she learned her love for the wind in her hair along an assortment of other shipwright/sailor knowhow.

There was something else also. Miria tilted her head wonderingly as she tried to remember what it was that Morello taught him. Ah! The sailor gods. The god of the sea Laviku and the god on the wind Zulravl. Though at the time Miria was only concerned about the god of the winds. The newlywed Coolwater at the time simply loved the feeling of the wind that whipped her body every which way when she was near the mast. The god of the wind Zulrav, also said to know everything there was to know about anything. His realm was said to stretch to every part of Mizahar that the winds caressed and in whispers his apostles would be able to send messages to each other. If they so wished messages to those not marked. The thought lingering in her mind for longer then she had intended her eyebrows furrowed at the realization that this was just what she desired. Miria could stay in Avanthal but would be able to connect with those all around? "Zulrav I said I liked you before when I was in the presence of your powers but now I simply adore you for giving me chance!” Miria's eyes darted back and forth trying to find something to do with this newfound old knowledge. "I have to speak with him! Get his attention! I must find my salvation with the winds that blow in the breeze!” Getting down on her knees Miria from that day started to recite her prayers to Zulrav.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Zulrav

Postby Miria on April 8th, 2013, 6:33 am

A small excerpt from a thread where I do a short prayer

That said the Coolwater as usual was left with nothing to do gazing wonderingly outside her arvinta. Whittling at what looked to be the next batch of arrows Miria quietly wondered what to make of her new recent findings of the Icewatch. In their own way the image some of the members of the Icewatch had were bordering on mythical to Miria as she would see them making their everyday patrols. Her assumption was much closer to the truth then she expected. “Magic. All this time. You show up in the oddest moments of my life you do.” That was after all how what attracted to her to that badly drawn cat on her bed frame. That also in turn is was how Miria was able to overcome some of her earlier skepticism on the personal magic.

The first day Vaspira shared with her that subtle gift of control and that it was not so bad. Miria had certain stigmas for sure against meeting with a new, mysterious mage but it was part of her nature now to take the less traveled path and experience something new. That was why Miria offered the kelvic a warm, cozy arvinta to stay at rather then the Warrens possibly alone. Though she had to admit she missed having a roommate to talk to who wasn't her pet. “Why do all good things come to an end?”

Peering outside Miria quietly looked longingly past the small snow mounds that littered the streets that something that simply was not there. Closing her eyes with a slight heave Miria leaned on the opened window sill as she let her words hang in the wind. “Dear god of the winds Zulrav. Please answer my prayers for insight and understanding for me who is left in this position. Help me share my feelings with those I care about in the world and help guide others who reside in Avanthal. Stirring winds have helped me at times when I falter and spur me forth when I see a wrong that must be righted. In a way the winds are my guides and teachers in my life. Though I do not hear the whispers contained within them when the winds whip all around my body I feel like I know exactly what I must do. Please. I ask for your influence to help guide others along their way for if they don't I fear they might lose their will without your guidance. For we all must face the storm in time. How we act after is what how we represent ourselves. Amen.“
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Zulrav

Postby Brodon Windriver on June 11th, 2013, 1:03 am

OOC - link to Here.

48th of Summer, 513 - Zulrav's Tower, Riverfall

The young man knelt in sincere homage. His Drykas heritage belied by his Benshiran attire.

'Mighty Zulrav, Stormlord, First among the gods of my people,

I bring my admission and my regret that I have not given my deference to you of late. I am unsure now that it was ever fated that I would follow the devotions of the Horseclans. You know my heart. You know the love and respect that resides there for you and all the goodly gods. I ask that you, and they, forgive the absence of my prayers, for they have been given to Yahal, the Holy One for some time now.

I left to follow the sign upon my father's brow. Had it left trail within the lands of my people, then so would my prayers have been thus led. But signs led to Eyktol. And to the Benshira, the people of Yahal. And I found them to be good people. Their council was sound and kept me moving ever forward, in patience and faith. They embraced Yahal, and out of both respect and epiphany, I did likewise.

I feel it fair to dare the impertinence of saying that I think you approve. For it was his direction that took me into the Burning Lands. And it was your winds that lifted the sand in scouring storm and split me from that caravan to find the caravan that led me here to wondrous Riverfall, and the mission to Syka in Falyndar.

I take it on faith that it is the will of both Yahal and Yourself that I undertake this journey into the mysterious jungle lands to the west. Many are my companions on this quest, and I place my faith in them as well, as they may place theirs in me. And now I must go down to join the throng which waits in the gardens for orientation and introductions.

with humble resolve,

Brodon Windriver...of Yahebah.'

"Carrying an angry load, keeps you on an angry road."
Brodon Windriver
It's your move...

Words: 251972
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2012, 5:41 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Journal
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Zulrav

Postby Malus Tidalwave on September 1st, 2013, 7:14 am

occurs in Through the Storm

"Zulrav, Great god of winds and storms. I thank you for this gift. Your power and majesty is truly great and I am humbled to be in its presence. I ask that you help guide my vessel with your winds, and ask that you spare us your wrath."
Malus Tidalwave
Player

Words: 30641
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2013, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Zulrav

Postby Dravite on October 7th, 2015, 11:32 pm

Dravite sings to Zulrav.

73 Summer, 515 AV
1st Bell, Early Morning
The City Limits, Endrykas

Thread

Dravite looked to the rising sun on the east and knew exactly where he was, using the little trick of navigation Mayra had taught him, sketching a diamond that would always point him home as long as he knew where Syna had first greeted the sky.

"The king of storms is quiet,
No thunder roves the plain,
The grasses they are sighing,
Full of loathing and disdain.
O' where is all the water,
The rivers have run dry.
They weave like snakes,
Deceiving drakes under the midnight sky.
Beseech sang all the people,
Forgotten are the few.
Us working men,
Not foe nor friend;
Must preach for what have you?
But surely sang the wind,
You all forget too soon;
The power of the gods,
Will touch the grasslands soon."

The horse lord chuckled, "do you think he's listening?" He asked the moon, "Old Zulrav of Storms, I'm thankful for the rain we've seen but pray you send more before season's end."

Dravite
Ra’athi of The Watch Troha to Tavehk

Words: 775240
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2015, 12:38 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
2015 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)