Completed [The Coast of Ahnatep] Dance of Sword and Sand

Corneliun does some training on the coast.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A half-collapsed city of alabaster and gold fiercely governed by Eypharians. Even partially ruined, it is the crown of the desert and a worthy testament to old glories and rising powers.

[The Coast of Ahnatep] Dance of Sword and Sand

Postby Corneliun on January 6th, 2013, 9:13 pm

It was at least a present surprise to succeed against Esha, to receive a quick element of praise. But no soon as he let go, she was already up and making new demands in which for him to meet. So Corneliun remained pleasant, giving a small nod, before taking a stance. He listened to her words carefully, noting the ‘use something of your own’, so that was exactly what Corneliun did. He held his hands out before him, not in a fist but open and ready to grab, his stance lowered, his knees bent as if ready to push off, a comfortable distance between them, but the most intriguing bit was that he chose to keep himself light on his feet.

His eyes narrowed, and he focused upon her. And for a while he was mostly silent, his nostrils flaring, his eyes darting about in where he could use something to an advantage. When she came at him Corneliun braced himself, his hands ready to catch whatever blows came his way. There was however one small issue with his planning. Before he had time to react, he felt the sand being thrown in his face. He shook his head quickly, an attempt to get it out of his eyes; he refused to let raise his hands on the off chance he needed them to defend himself. He felt a hard jab in the back of his knees, and felt himself begin to tumble.

But although Corneliun could not see clearly, he now knew where his ‘enemy’ was. He planted his arms on the sand, absorbing the impact, whilst his free foot gave a strong, solid kick. And it was with that same kick that he felt himself stumbling forward and away from the fight. He scrambled up to his feet, his stance returned but he was still having trouble seeing.
I cannot… It’s too hard to see. Focus yourself Corneliun, she’s fast.
The sand had obviously chosen not to remove itself, but Corneliun could not afford to let his guard down. And so he tried to focus the blur of Esha, without seeming too weak and pitiful in her eyes.

"...He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom..."

Common | Arumenic | Isur | Thought
Corneliun
Player

Words: 74077
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on January 6th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Sigh smiled when her sisters plan went through. Well up until he sent out a kick, hitting Esha in her calf and sent her stumbling back. The kick moved the man forward and almost in Singh's lap. Esha growled in pain and Singh sighed, she knew that would leave a bruise. But she couldn't take sides, Esha would have a bruise but if Singh didn't get the sand out of the mans eye's there would be damage.

Raising her voice Singh called out, "Esha sit." The force in her voice had Esha sitting down with out complaint. Esha knew now what she had done. Esha's shoulders slumped and her head fell. She turned her voice to the man, "You are lucky I remembered to grab my water-skin. Come sit down, I'm right behind you." There was no room for argument in her voice but it was still up to the man what he wished to do.

Singh set down the crab and grabbed her water from behind her. Swishing it around to let the man know she had it she waited. Well for a little, " Damage will be done if you don't comply. I would like to think you are a smart fighter." A challenge was set, even though it wasn't a physical one it was a mental one. Singh was testing the man.

Singh glanced at her sister who was being a big baby over a small bruise, "It was just a kick. You'll have my attention later." Esha glanced at her sister in a way saying, 'way to embarrass me.' But Singh sent her a glare before turning her attention to the man. Esha opened her mouth and Singh watched her carefully, Esha closed and opened her mouth until she had enough confidence to say, "You fight well and you know our names. I expect to know yours?"

Last edited by Singh Re Naphu on January 15th, 2013, 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Words: 50349
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2012, 1:04 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Corneliun on January 7th, 2013, 9:07 am

Corneliun heard the sisters talk, and he knew their location, but it was still a blur. It was obvious by their tones that the session of ‘fighting’ had ended. Although Singh was indeed the quieter one of the two, it became more apparent that she was the more dominant and ruling one as time went on. After all Esha obeyed her words without complaint.
"You are lucky I remembered to grab my water-skin. Come sit down, I'm right behind you."
Rather carefully he lowered himself to the ground, making himself aware of the tones of both of them, they may have looked similar, but their personalities were different.

“I would like to think I am a smart fighter too,” he gave an idiotic grin as he said this “But I am certain you will tell me otherwise.”
Humour them, that was the first challenge; the second was committing it whilst remembering your place. These Eypharian’s already saw him below them anyway, so he may as well continue this trend. But she was right about damage being done, and although Corneliun often decided to play the fool, he was indeed far from it. He was very well aware about what anything in the eyes could do. Or more specifically his father’s lecturing words about looking after the body.

He focused on their blurs, his eyes now had become irritated by the sand, and although he allowed his guard to relax, he still found trouble in removing it. But then a question came his way, and one he found easy to answer
“My name is Corneliun. Corneliun Frik to be precise. But if there is another name you think that is much more suitable I will take it,” he made a smile as he winced through the grains of sand “And I still find you compliment me too much. It was simple luck after all.”

"...He dares to be a fool, and that is the first step in the direction of wisdom..."

Corneliun
Player

Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on January 8th, 2013, 4:20 am

Singh guided the man to lean his head to the side with an even gentler touch than Esha. Esha had always described it like a butterfly kissing you. Singh said no words while she slowly trickled the water to run over his eye. It would feel awkward and maybe a little invasive especially at this close of distance where Singh could feel his breathe ghost over her neck.

But Esha helped take the bite away, "Corneliun Frik. I like it but I think Liun is better. Doesn't sound so much like a food." Esha giggled but Singh sent her a disapproving frown. "Names are our own to shape." Singh simply said.

Esha pouted but nodded anyway,"We are the Re Naphu Twins. Singh and Esha." after a pause her continued, "You know, you really are a great fighter, most people can't even get me on by back let alone my face." Esha laughed a hearty laugh and Singh snorted. While Esha continued to chatter on like the squirrel she was, Singh whispered to Corneliun, "Do you play to part of a fool because you find her pretty? I see intelligence in your eyes, no reason to hide it."

Singh smiled and nodded at Esha when she laughed and asked, "Do you remember that one boy who tried to sneak attack me and then smashed into the training dummy just as I chose to turn? And then we had to take him to the medic because he had broken his own nose?" Esha laughed and toyed with the sand, making a small mound. Singh guessed it was supposed to be a sandcastle but Esha was not counted the best for creativity.

Last edited by Singh Re Naphu on January 15th, 2013, 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Corneliun on January 8th, 2013, 9:44 am

Corneliun he was being gently guided, a gentle touch the feeling of water being trickled across his face. He could not focus on anything as the water sloshed around the eye. The sand was washed out, freeing his vision from the grit. He listened carefully to their talking, an attempt to ignore the sudden closeness between him and the women. He tried his best not to think about it too much, he still had to tread lightly around them. At the first moment he could, the mixed blood pulled away.
“Thank you for that,” he gave a polite nod.

He listened to the twins talk, or more over listened to Esha as yet again she dominated the conversation, and although he listened, his attention was partially drawn away for a brief instant. He heard Singh’s whisper, but did not respond straight away. A man, who was clever enough to play the fool, must hold onto his wit and be able to observe those in which he entertains. From the simple looks down to the mood of the person. He raised an eyebrow at Singh.

“Far from that. Beauty after all is only skin deep,” he returned a bold answer to Singh as “And I play this part because of the hierarchy. I can be fiery and loud in nature if you really wish to see a truer colour. As for my levels of intelligence,” his lip curled for a moment “I can assure you, I would be a great disappointment for you.”
He turned his eyes away, focusing his attention once more to the words of Esha, his eye sight having now recovered to its original state. He made sure he remained aware of both of their words, a small smile when laughter filled the air.

Corneliun
Player

Character sheet

Postby Singh Re Naphu on January 9th, 2013, 3:17 am

Singh didn't let on that she was upset at his "Beauty after all is only skin deep". Beauty was in everything, the sky, the ocean, a ligature piece, the movements of those in a fight. This man was surely a fool and had no need to act it. Singh simply nodded though, no need to express her feelings in this. Singh observed that Esha had heard his comment and everything after and could feel her sister get antsy. Esha knew Singh's opinions on beauty and it's values.

Singh looked away from Corneliun and turned to Esha, "Hierarchy appears to rear it's head." Esha looked disappointed now. She knew what Singh was implying and Singh knew her sister didn't like it. Esha tried to keep up a happy look but she wasn't. Singh knew Esha enjoyed a good brawl and even more so a great opponent. But Singh was offended by this man and he felt the need to insinuate their stance simply by acting a fool.

Esha stood and brushed herself off, "It seems I will have a bruise. Singh, do you want to go looking for those shells I promised?" Esha's voice no longer was it's self, now only a lifeless tone was brought to the beach. Singh stood and dusted off her skirt, " For now I think I would like to simply walk in the water. Sitting in this hot sun has caused me to over heat." Singh slipped off her sandals and dusted the sand off. Some of it hitting Corneliun. Esha walked to her sister a little dejected before scooping up her own long sword. Corneliun sword lay still until Esha picked it up.

Singh watched as she grabbed her sisters sandals. Esha turned to Corneliun and put on a small smile, "You are a great fighter, status does not determine that. But you insult us by lying and being stupid." Esha handed the sword to Corneliun and turned to walk away. Singh stood by her sister and looked to the man, "Being ignorant and stupid are separate."

The twins turned to walk to the water but not before Esha called over her shoulder, "Keep practicing and nice tattoo! If we ever meet again I would like to show you what I can do with my sword" She winked then proceeded to push Singh down into the sand and dropping her sword before running to the water to jump in. Singh muttered something about obnoxious siblings before dropping the sandals and walking to her laughing sister. A drowned rat she looked to Singh. Singh smiled before walking into a large wave, making her clothes cling to herself just as Esha's did.

Esha laughed and dragged her sister into the deeper water, no longer could you tell the girls apart, other than the tattoos that lay on their opposite wrists as Esha grabbed Singh and threw her.

Regular Text

Singh's Thoughts

Others words

Singh Talking

Esha Talking

Singh Re Naphu
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Colombina on January 15th, 2013, 2:15 am

The XP Wand Is Waved!

Hi Guys! Welcome to your first Bina thread grade. I know meet and greet threads can be tough, so I am always glad to see players try and shake it up a little.
Corneliun, I am charmed by your PC! There's an interesting "quietness" to his nature and a dose of pleasant humility. Which makes me think he secretly kicks ass ;)
Singh, it's fun to see family interact and to have a PC be willing to play "the straight man" in the dynamic. Sadly, because you used the NPC for most the action, I can't award your PC that much xp.

A general note before I forget, while the font has a great style, Singh, it's hard for me to read as a mod, so I would really appreciate you adopting something a little friendlier on the eyes.

If you guys have any questions or think I missed something, let me know!

Corneliun's Loot

1 XP Bastard Sword
3 XP Unarmed Combat
1 XP Seduction (I saw some mild flirting)
Lore of Eypharian Appearance
Lore of A Basic Combat Hold Usable on Eypharians

Singh's Loot

3 XP Observation
1 XP Persuasion (making Esha listen)
Lore of How to Treat Sand in Eyes

Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Previous