Completed I met someone today, her name was...

It's just a meet and greet... I swear!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

I met someone today, her name was...

Postby Noaru on January 7th, 2013, 3:28 pm

“I don't have any places in mind, we can go anywhere you'd like to go or we can simply just explore and see where fate takes us.”

Noaru thought that this joy filled young lady was probably going to bring him on an adventure through this city, having him encounter strange people and putting him in all sorts of mischief! Noaru didn't mind this though, he was never one to pass up interesting opportunities or people and secretly... he has never taken a walk with a young lady before and so he was actually kind of nervous. The spirit folded his arms and glanced to the temple once last time before starting his walk with Aradia. A moment such as this brought back the good memories of his when things were greater than usual; he thought again that maybe the future could be better or made darker as he could not deny... his sinister ways.

“ I guess... I should be making this day a special one! I don't meet people who socialize with me for this long to often mainly those who are deemed special in the eyes of the world; these are the souls who've I've spoken to ,you must be one of these special souls as well.”

Noaru has never spoken about the possibility of a god or gods taking a liking or special interest in him; he has ''lived'' for such a long time and he has yet to have seen anything in this world besides ghosts that can relate to him in terms of spiritual essence and strength. The spirit had all eternity basically to discover the many things that dwelled in this world and while these opportunities are so rare and so few in number, he should at least interact with the living things in the world, these livings things being not the animals, insects and plants but the humans and other races that follow them as well.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aradia on January 7th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Aradia did not have any places in mind either; she was new to Ravok so she really didn’t know of too many places to walk to anyways. Aradia shrugged her shoulders and decided to walk to the right, just letting fate lead their way.

She looked over at the ghost man and smiled. ”I suppose we will let fate decided where to take us. I have no idea where to go, I haven’t been here that long really.

Noaru called her special since she could see and talk to him. She wasn’t special, she was just aware of her surroundings; taking every simple and complex the world had to offer in. Most people just rushed through their day or life, without actually seeing the world around them. Aradia was different, she loved to see the world, what it had to offer, she lived each day as if it could be her last.

I am not a spiritist or anything, nor am I special. I am just aware is all.” Aradia smiled over at him. ”I am honored to be in your presence though. Never thought I would meet a ghost in my life time.” Aradia chuckled and gazed out towards the canal to her left, the water was so calm it looked like a layer of glass instead of water. Aradia walked over to the railing, bent over and picked up a small stone, and dropped into the canal. The water came to life with ripples spreading across the canal. That’s better. Aradia thought smiling down at the rippling water.
Common Bold
Vani Bold/Italic
Nari Black Color

~*~ Posting Will Be Slow Until I am Done With Finals At College, and of course other RL events that has been keeping me busy! I will reply to any and all threads ASAP. I apologize for the wait! ~*~
Aradia
The Singer of Stories

Words: 139179
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2012, 3:18 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Noaru on January 10th, 2013, 9:06 am

“I see... I'm surprised you haven't seen a ghost some usually would greet a ghost like they would greet their neighbor. ”

Noaru followed Aradia's eyes and he to noticed the canal. The water rippled as a result from the small pebbled interrupting its surface. Noaru comes up with an idea and he leaps over the railing, his body slowly descends towards the water, elegantly gliding much like an angel would when descending to the earth. The spirits feet touches the surface of the water and he stops, standing on the surface of the water; he places a hand in the water, focusing carefully on the water in his palm; his soulmist swirling around it and slowly he raises that hand, his soulmist giving the water a mystical hue!

Noaru mentions nothing as he goes about doing his mysterious water act as he exhales blowing the water from his palm! The small bit of water jumps from his palm in the form of a white shining mist, it flew upwards thanks to the helpful hand of a playful breeze and passes Aradia, carrying with it a cold and possibly pleasant chill. The spirit believed that his little trick was somewhat entertaining: maybe, it would become a memorable moment, something that could be remembered and spoken of later on.

“ .”
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aradia on January 10th, 2013, 3:18 pm

No never met a ghost before, but I treat everyone the same, whether you are translucent or not, you still deserve the same respect. Aradia looked over at the canal. She meant what she said, there was no reason to treat anyone mean or be rude to them. Everyone needed love and happiness in their life, even if they were a ghost.

Aradia watched as Noaru glided down to the water gracefully, appearing to stand on the water. How wonderful that must be. Aradia said the herself as she watched Noaru grab up some of the water, it was amazing. He just kept amazing her at every turn, she now knew never to doubt anything when it came to him.

Then the water shot passed her, the white shining mist of water was beautiful, and the chill that it carried was pleasant but made her shiver a little. Aradia could not help the feminine giggle that came out, as she clapped her hands. That was amazing, she wished she could perform things like that.

[b] Wow that is just marvelous Noaru! I wish I could do stuff like that. [b] Aradia smiled brightly at the Noaru, he was becoming a very intriguing person to her.
Common Bold
Vani Bold/Italic
Nari Black Color

~*~ Posting Will Be Slow Until I am Done With Finals At College, and of course other RL events that has been keeping me busy! I will reply to any and all threads ASAP. I apologize for the wait! ~*~
Aradia
The Singer of Stories

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Noaru on January 12th, 2013, 3:56 am

“If only the world was that kind; treating each other with love and understanding... Peace and love would rain, prosperity would flourish and I would not carry a wrath that's over a centuries long. ”

Noaru bowed with a satisfied grin, he used his powers for some good even if most would call it a childish waste of strength and precious soulmist, he enjoyed doing such an interesting and fun act. The spirit raised his thumb above his fist with one finger extended perpendicular to it, as if it was a barrel; he created a hand gesture much like a hand gun, pointing it to Aradia with a wink. Noaru lifted his left foot from the water before his right footed followed behind, he was hovering over the water and into the air shortly after planting his feet onto the ground next to Aradia.

“I'm sure this day has been an interesting one... I hope?”
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aradia on January 12th, 2013, 5:09 am

Aradia was shocked to hear that Noaru was alive for centuries. She could not help but wonder at all the knowledge he has gained in that amount of time, all the people he pursued, all the discoveries he had made. It was truly a wonderment to Aradia, she wanted to press him on these topics but decided to wait til another day to do so.

"Well there isn't many people left in the world that believes in peace, love, and prosperity any more. Trust me.. People cease to surprise me with their ignorance and cruelty."

Aradia did not like the city of Ravok, but she had hopes in bringing some peace and a little happiness to the area. Although that has proven difficult she will not give up on her task until it was absolutely necessary to do so.

Aradia looked over at Noaru as he came beside her, giving him a warm smile when he asked about the day.

"Interesting, intriguing, fun. That is what I would describe this day. I hope that I can call you a friend, and that we will meet again sooner rather than later?"
Common Bold
Vani Bold/Italic
Nari Black Color

Aradia
The Singer of Stories

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Noaru on January 14th, 2013, 4:40 am

“I' have encountered a few good souls,individuals with good and curious hearts! Their intentions are pure and they only seek to spread their love for the world and the things they love.”

Noaru remembered that he had killed those who were ignorant, greedy, selfish and so on... The types of people he had possessed, killed or driven insane were numerous in number; he had no right to judge but that would not stop him from extending his hand of wrath upon every living and dead being that roused his anger! The spirit paused and glanced to his right, seeing just distances away from him, eyes of a weary woman, holding her child who's not so afraid of Noaru as he was astonished by the ghosts unique display of soulmist and water.

“I'm happy to hear that, Aradia. I believe you can call me your friend and I can call you mine; we can meet any moment you wish... I have all the time in the world.”

Noaru gave Aradia an assured and focused look, they would be able to meet again, if by chance they do meet again. Noaru would continue the days such as these with utter most joy, he hadn't been able to show most folk what he could do anyway.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aradia on January 14th, 2013, 8:20 am

Aradia smiled at the handsome ghost before her, happiness filled her as he accepted her friendship. Although it may be a odd coupling of two people, she still appreciated his friendship, and would do what she could to keep it. But when he said he 'had all the time in the world' it was riddled with a little sadness. Aradia's heart ached at that, she wished she could do something to lift his spirits. She could only think of one thing to offer him though, the only gift she had for him.

I am happy that we can be friends. You should come my the Silve Sliver some time, it is where I work. I am a singer there. I am pretty decent and the atmosphere is a little wild. But you could get some enjoyment out of watching the drunks being stupid, and hopefully me singing. Aradia smiled softly at the man. She wanted to see him again, and could think of no better way than for him to come to her work place.

Aradia had a urge to hug him, and reached out folding her arms around the ghost man in what was supposed to be a warm hug. Though it was cold, a biting cold, that made her retreat her arms. Although it didn't really work out, the meaning was still there behind the action.

Well, I know that hug did not really work out but.. I hope you still got the idea. I will see you soon my friend, I hope. Drop by the Silver Sliver when ever you can. Aradia smiled at him brightly, waving her smile hand in farewell, as she turned on her heel heading back the way they came, hoping she would not get lost in this forsaken city as she made her way back to The Docks, and to her room for a rest before work.
Common Bold
Vani Bold/Italic
Nari Black Color

Aradia
The Singer of Stories

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Noaru on January 14th, 2013, 2:46 pm

Noaru smiled slightly, hiding behind it a pained expression had he forgotten compassion when his powers grew? Noaru hadn't been a role modeled spirit either; deception, murder, manipulation... possession! And yet somehow a random soul can still befriend him, his ghostly body flickered in a similar fashion that a hologram would when its frequency was disrupted but he was still capable of keeping his solidity and despite being deep within his thoughts... Noaru was able to answer Aradia.

“ I will most definitely come to see you sing and visit the Silver Silver! I'll take that chance to become more sociable with people around the place; who knows: maybe, I'll surprise you one of these days and appear.”

Noaru flinched slightly when Aradia approached him so closely, he wasn't accustom to people getting that close! The spirit was tempted to blink away to avoid Aradia but was hugged already, he had mistaken this simple action for something else, he thought she was going to pull out a weapon of some sort but he was wrong... horribly wrong. Noaru allows his arms to drop to his sides, knowing that his cold touch would only cause further discomfort for Aradia; he had never been hugged before and realizing this he closed his eyes and dropped his head.

“Things would have changed, if I had met people like her much sooner.”

Noaru incapable of mentioning anything further allowed his body to fade from view.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Verilian on February 8th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Thread Award

Noaru

• +1 Materialization
  • +1 Soulmist Projection

Lores: The Temple of the Black Sun, Meeting Aradia, Aradia works at the Silver Sliver, To be Hugged

Aradia

• +3 Socializing

Lores: Meeting a Ghost, Meeting Noaru, The touch of a Ghost, To Hug a Ghost

You Question My Logic? :
As I explained in the last thread of yours I graded, Noaru, I can only award you ghostly skills. To earn anything else you would have to possess somebody. But if either of you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me.

Notes: One important note. Very few people know that the djed storm was actually a djed storm. Most people don't know what it was. Some think it was just a crazy storm. In Ravok specifically, the common belief was that Rhysol was pissed off at his followers and did it all himself. Only if you are especially knowledgeable in the magical arts would you have been able to tell that the djed storm was in fact a djed storm, but even then maybe not.

Another note, for Aradia. A Vantha/Inarta mix would be accepted just fine in Ravok. Vantha and Inarta are both breeds of human, and therefore accepted as human in the city.

Another detail.. I went ahead and gave you a point for soulmist projection, but you need to be more detailed when you do stuff with it. A ghost can't just casually pick up water, and they don't have breath to exhale. You need to describe the actual act of using soulmist projection. Even at competent level it is still difficult to do, and you can only do basic things.

Also, I should point out that the city of Ravok should actually be a bit shocking to newcomers. Aradia, you mentioned bringing peace to the area. Ravok is in fact probably one of the safest, most peaceful places to live in Mizahar. It is that way because of Rhysol's promise to his people, that if they come to Ravok, they will be protected from the evil and chaos of the world. His promise that only he can keep them safe. So often, when newcomers come to Ravok expecting an evil city filled with chaos and betrayal, they are surprised to find a peaceful place full of decent people who don't even realize their god is an evil being, because all they have known is his goodness.

Okay, now that all that is out of the way.. Thanks for the good read, it was a touching thread. Good job guys, and keep writing!

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous