Closed Trying to Survive the Winter Blues (Kovac)

Iosha tries to escape her busy life with her new friend Kovac

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Trying to Survive the Winter Blues (Kovac)

Postby Iosha on March 22nd, 2013, 1:54 am

Micquel listened to the young Inarta answers in silence. In his mind, Kovac seemed to know little of the Konti woman's past. Micquel knew as much as Iosha was willing to give him too, so he was starting wander about the blond woman's past. Micquel decided to ease the tension with a joke, and he crossed his arms and said with a wink, “Well, I guess you can be friends with our fish girl. You don't seem like a bad guy, Kovac.” The old man smiled waned and said in a serious tone, “I have been around for a long time, Kovac, so let me give you advice.” The old man took a deep breath and said softly, “You are young, but I suggest you don't threaten everyone who disrespects you or the honor of your friends. Because one day, you might end up on my table dead with a knife wound in your stomach...” He ran a hand through his hair and continued, “Even if you don't realize it, people will miss you in Wind Reach if you were dead, Kovac” Micquel looked at Iosha and back to him and said softly, “I know our pale healer talks about you all the time. It seemed to me. You have made a life long friend my hot headed friend...” The old man walked by the young man, and he gently placed a reassuring hand on Kovac's shoulder, and he yelled over at Iosha, “I hope you are paying attention to her stitching, Io because if you are not, I am going to have Keah take them out and show you again!”

Iosha rolled her eyes at the old doctor, but she was paying attention, so she decided to tell him what she saw when she saw Keah do her stitches. Iosha winced at the pain and said softly to her friend, “Well, I need to use a sterilized curved needle and medical thread. First, I will have to tie the thread to the needle. When I pierce the skin, I need to be close to the edge because...Keah why do I need to stay near the edge again?” Still caught up in her work, Keah said in a matter-of-fact tone of voice, “The edge of the skin by the wound is numb.” Iosha smirked at Micquel as he walked closer to the table, “Yes, it is because of the numbness at the edge of the wound.” The Konti continued her explanation of the procedure and said softly, “I need to pierce the needle to just under the skin than I need to bring the needle up through the other side of the wound till it pierces the surface. I repeat the process along the wound in a...” Keah cut the thread, smirked up at blond woman, and said softly, “Look at the wound yourself Io.” Iosha followed her advice and looked at the wound. The sticking took a diagonal path down the length of her wound. Iosha looked up and said to Micquel, “I need to stitch the wound up in a diagonal path down the path of the wound.”

Keah tied off the knot, and she started to wrap the bandage around the Konti's arm and said to Iosha, “I suggest you not work in your garden until after it starts to heal. I don't want it to get infected by the dirt.” Iosha nodded to the Inarta woman and said to Kovac, “Well I guess your off the hook on mushroom duty this time Kovac.” After the wound was stitched up and bandage, Iosha walked over to Kovac and smiled, “Well, I guess you have a break from me being your student for awhile till my injury heals.” The violet eyed woman smiled at him and continued, “However, you can show me how to restring my bow. I believe it would be important for me to know just in case it breaks in the future.” Putting a hand on his arm, Iosha looked back at Micqual and Keah and said, “Well, I will talk to you both later. See you tomorrow.” The konti looked up at Kovac and smiled softly, “Do you know of a good place to talk and fix my bow?”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Kovac on April 3rd, 2013, 4:05 pm

Kovac was not one to take advice from a stranger, but Micquel was an elder, of sorts. Not many in Wind Reach made it to such a venerable age, like Val Imsun, the Gatekeeper, whom the half-breed respected. So he smiled at the old healer's joke, and nodded at his advice. Kovac had come close to to being killed, the hotheaded mongrel aggravating one too many Endals and had the point of a knife aimed at his chest, just as his was poised at an antagonist. Since the Storm, and his time at Thunder Bay, such confrontations were less violent, like the one that day with Sorel. Kovac still chafed at having to back down from the Rider ass.

Maybe Micquel could note the slight blush in Kovac's olive-skinned cheeks when the healer mentioned that Iosha had talked about him. Kovac was not really convinced many would miss him if he were killed. His circle of friends was small, the relationships with each of them unclear and vexing at times, and he was certain their were times when they had wanted to kill him themselves. But the half-Inartan heeded the man's words, turning his attention back to the Konti as she was being treated.

Once Iosha was stitched up, she was ready to head out.“Well, I guess you have a break from me being your student for awhile till my injury heals. However, you can show me how to restring my bow. Do you know of a good place to talk and fix my bow?”

Kovac looked up at his friend as she rested her hand on his arm. "I know a good place, but not to fix your bow. That will wait, and you don't want to tug out those stitches, its light work for you now missy. Fetching wine and pouring us a glass is what I had in mind. We can work on your bow later...right now, its to the Weather for a drink!"

Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Iosha on April 3rd, 2013, 7:04 pm

Iosha wondered what Kovac and Miquel were talking about when she was being treated, but Inarta seemed to relax slightly since he arrived in the Infirmary. The Konti was glad that he could get his mind off his problems since Iosha could tell the human was under a lot of stress trying to fit in with the rest of his people. Iosha was starting to understand the man better since the incident with Sorel. He was an outcast in his society, but he never truly gave up on his people. If he had given up on them, he would have went to Avanthal by now, but he was a proud and stubborn man. The konti's violet eyes stared up at him,and she couldn't help her smile when she touched his arm. Iosha felt safe with him, and she knew he would never hurt her. It was a good feeling having a...friend like him. Still holding his arm with her webbed hand, Iosha turned and said softy to her friend from work, “Thank you treating me, Keah. I learned a lot about stitches today.”

Iosha looked up at Kovac when he offered to get a bottle of wine at the Weather from them. The konti thought it was fabulous idea because at the moment, she wanted nothing to do with her bow. She could help herself from letting out a small laugh when he put her on light work. Iosha looked up at him and smiled sweetly at him and said softly, “Yea I think you are right Kovac. I can always get my bow fixed later when I am better.” She gave him a half smirk and poked him in the chest, “You can pour your own glass mister since I am not your servant.” Iosha hooked her arm around his and said nonchalantly, “Besides, I wouldn't mind helping you making all the other men jealous of you since you'll be one man in the club with a konti on your arm.” Iosha looked up at him and said softly, “Let me stop at my apartment first and drop off my bow before we head to the club.”
Iosha
The Pale Lady

Words: 510412
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2012, 5:31 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1)

Postby Phoenix on April 29th, 2013, 3:58 am

Iosha

Award
Skill XP Earned
Observation 2
Socialization 4
Persuasion 1
Acting 2
Seduction 1
Weapon (Bow) 3
Meidince 2

Lores Earned
Sorel Vorshel: Not a good first impression
Inarta: The intensity of their Feelings
Inarta: Father
Inarta: Experiencing the stubbornness of Endal
Rumor spreads fast
Injured during practice
Medicine: The technicality behind stitches

Kovac

Award
Skill XP Earned
Teaching 4
Intimidation 2
Observation 1
Weapon (Bow) 2
Medicine 1
Seduction 2

Lores Earned
The Pains of Teaching
Defending Iosha from Sorel
Kovi: a nickname from Iosha
Rumor spreads fast
Medicine: Bandaging a minor wound
Lies: A broken string

The Order of the Phoenix

This was a really cute thread! I enjoyed the interaction with all the NPCs. That isn't something that you see often outside a solo thread and I found it really refreshing!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)

x
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)