[Training]Center of Balance(Fade)[Closed]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Training]Center of Balance(Fade)[Closed]

Postby Wystern on June 4th, 2010, 6:37 pm

Time Stamp: Summer 4, 510

"Again," said Fade as Wys was getting up from the flat of his back. At least it didn't hurt much to fall on the training grounds' ground. Several squires giggled in the background, Crow gave them an angry look and they turned away. His back was sore, he was slightly dizzy from trying to do a proper flip. Fade was a great teacher, he had no talent, or rather, the discipline of acrobatics is not taught for squires.

"I wonder if it was not particularly accurate to assume that if I can find balance in myself, I can find it in what I wield," he said with short grunts while trying to ignore the "slight" pain of falling on his back about five times. Fade looked at him with an amused smile on her face. Again a few squires laughed somewhere behind them and Wys gave them another look.

"So, how did you get into it the first time, Fade?"
Last edited by Wystern on June 23rd, 2010, 8:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

If gods are watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Words: 160798
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[Training]Center of Balance(Fade)

Postby Fade on June 5th, 2010, 10:27 am

“You probably should do some warming up exercises to get faster, flexible and improve your balance” She chuckled “And before doing things in the air you should know how to do them on the ground, though I thought you already knew”

She sighed and said in an imperious loud taunting voice
“On the ground, Knight!” She heard the snickers of some squires behind her, she tuned and smiled sweetly at them gesturing to come and join them. The young squires quickly dispersed Fades smile disappeared.
“You need a flexibility boost, it will hurt for a few days” Her eyes sparkled.

“It’s an acrobat saying that if one day you wake up without aches and pains you’re probably dead” Fade laughed and showed him what he had to do.
“We’ll start by kneeling on one leg. Making sure your front knee doesn't extend over the toe. Square your hips with your back knee flat on the floor.” She looked at him and sighed “At least some of your leg on the floor. Keep erect and use your hands for balance” She took his shoulder and pulled them back slowly while pushing her knee into his spine while the other hand pushed his leg down. She held him there for a whole painful minute

“Okay next step take a seated position, touch your feet together and slowly bring your knees apart. They should touch the ground…should. Move your heels in towards your body as much as possible, while at the same time pushing your knees gently down toward the floor. Maintain good posture then lean your body forward as far as you can, keeping you back straight and reaching beyond your feet.” She demonstrated as she leaned forward she was flat and her upper body touched the ground.

“Hold for another minute” She had the idea of sitting on him to try to get his back straighter, she did ignoring his grunts. “Get up slowly now, really slowly stretching, yes okay. Now that we are a bit warmed up do a forward summersault on the ground please.”
Fade
Player

Words: 105680
Joined roleplay: May 8th, 2010, 10:58 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Wystern on June 5th, 2010, 5:54 pm

Wys grunted as she let off for a bit when his training kicked in as he finally managed to ignore the pain, he got and dusted off his clothes. He wouldn't call himself a masochist, but pain was better at keeping away the nightmares than alcohol. He felt something mash into his lower back, it was a dagger he forgot to remove. Force of habit, a dagger saved his life several times. He took the sheathed weapon and the leather strap to which it was attached and tossed it back to the neat pile of his stuff.

"Well, at least I'm particularly unfamiliar with ground rolls. Tyveth knows how many I had to do during my training to save my neck, but I never exactly did without hurting myself. Before I did out of necessity, not because I wanted to learn how to do it," Wys said with a playful smirk. At this point he decided to remove all the unnecessary weight, except for the leather plates on his arms and legs. He took the the blade plates off his boots, evidently they didn't help his cause at this moment "Assuming I'm still alive tomorrow, this is going to sting a bit."

He took stance, and threw himself forward. He almost did the roll as a sharp pain strung out and ruined the form. He got up, got down and did it again, it didn't fail this time, though he still ended up on his rather than his feet. He sat on the ground, trying to catch his breath. He looked at his hands. The fingerless glove on the right was a bit torn on the palm, small scratches on some of his fingers on both hands. No time to get reminiscent of his days at Sunberth, time to try again. He did the rolls a couple more times before finally feeling a serious need to rest.

"The last time it hurt this much was when I was still a squire."
Last edited by Wystern on June 6th, 2010, 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fade on June 5th, 2010, 7:33 pm

She examined his roles and corrected them, he had to tuck his knees in more and he would have to manage to do them fluidly getting on his feet quickly after making it all rapid and precise. Then and only then he could think about removing his hands.
She marvelled at all the weapons he had, he added a dagger to the heap, she kept silent about it but then said “I suggest you remove all spike objects for your own good”

She crossed her arms as he stopped for a break “Once you can summersault hands on the ground using them to boost yourself forward and getting up we can try removing hands and running jumps”

She looked at his red face and said “Clutch your knees to your chest and role on your back, back and forth, it does miracles. Its relaxes you and helps your spine.” It really helped it was such a simple movement but it got you moving again.

She let him rest though, she woudnt be so harsh he wasnt training to become an acrobat he was learning things here and there, sitting beside him she said “What was it like? Being a squire I mean?”
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Wystern on June 5th, 2010, 8:23 pm

“I suggest you remove all spike objects for your own good.”

"I'm not so much worried for my own good as for their condition. Those objects are almost a part of me, as they can mean whether I live or die. I'm trying to change that right now."

"Being a squire is different for everyone. For me, it was the first time I saw law, order and a balanced society. I was a street rat at Sunberth, my parents were a pair of thieves and they were killed before my eyes when I was six. I was really good at hiding at that point in time and my mother managed to distract the pair of mercenaries. My father wasn't that good of a fighter, and someone who can take on one of us could surely beat a pair of self-taught thieves. Until I was about ten, I worked for different mobs, slavers, drug cartels, whomever would pay some coin to buy some bread." He said with a smile. Wys didn't even look bothered telling this, he sounded a bit detached.

"When I was eight, this guy comes along, I try to steal his coin bag, he catches me, and for some reason takes me in. He taught me how to read, write, steal, and fight. In about a year he was gone. Half a year later, this knight shows up while I was in this tavern, making a delivery, and he pretty much slaughters everyone inside, except for me, of course." Wys gave a slight chuckle."And so this knight takes me in, trains me for three years, makes me his squire, and I get knighted right on my seventeenth birthday. Of course, in the meantime, I had to learn the laws of Syliras, swordsmanship, philosophy, chivalry, judgment, respect, and honor. I had some troubles with the latter. They say I'm a bit unorthodox, but hey, I'm still learning." He finished with a smile.

He finally got up, and stretched his neck. "I follow their codes, but loosely. If you remember the market, I rarely wear something that identifies me as one of them. Well, rather, I wear the crest, but I conceal it. We are liked by the people, but often it attracts some negative emotions."

"So, let's try this again, shall we?"
Last edited by Wystern on June 6th, 2010, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fade on June 6th, 2010, 8:42 am

She listened to him quietly taking all of it in as he told her of his past. He told her everything shamelessly and in a detached voice in a way she could have never managed. She smiled when he told her about his difficulties in being respectful and chivalrous. She had never been to Sunberth and by the way he talked about it the city sounded full of criminality.

She stood as he got up and told him what to do “Try to run do a handstand flip over ad use that energy to do a summersault in air. Once you can do that we can omit the handstand part which only gives you the boost for a higher jump”
It was a strange thing to put to words so she demonstrated by doing just that landing perfectly balanced being used to doing it on a Balance Beam.
She looked back and thought a moment “How are you with balance?”
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Wystern on June 6th, 2010, 4:26 pm

“How are you with balance?”

"Good enough to not fall off a galloping horse," he said with a smile. "And that's pretty much all I can do on a horse." He flexed his wrists, picked where he would jump and flip and took off. Wys ran about twenty feet before getting on to handstand, but just as he got the second hand on the ground, his left arm slipped. He rotated on the spot and landed on his feet thinking about what just happened.

He looked at his wrist, it was only unhurt because of the clothing he had beneath the armor. He got up, shook off the mishap and picked up the slack. Wys ran about twenty feet again, did a handstand flip and landed right on his back on a somersault. Wys looked at Fade and took stance again.

Wys rubbed his hands together, took a deep breath, crouched, and launched himself forward. Hand stand was good, now came the hard part. He pushed with his forearms as much as he could, flipped and landed on one knee. "How was that one?" He said almost out of breath.

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fade on June 6th, 2010, 4:42 pm

She had never learned how to ride a horse being used to travelling in wagons.
“Better but I imagined a knight to have more stamina” She touched his knees “Tuck them in and try to keep an eye reference when you jump, keep a point fixed”

“Try again and again keep the running bit shorter or you will spend all your energies also it helps if you have your arms raised above your head for balance.”

She demonstrated again but got her footing wrong, not that anybody would notice she did a no hands flip righted herself and did the summersault. She went back and said “And always calculate your footing” She grinned “I didn’t this time but I knew how to go on you would just fall over, moreover I’m ambidextrous so it doesn’t really matter.”

She looked at his flushed face her chest not even heaving and said “Tell me when you want a long break”
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Wystern on June 6th, 2010, 6:01 pm

“Better but I imagined a knight to have more stamina”

"My training is only half physical." Wys retorted. "Surprisingly, to me this is more exhausting than actual fighting. I can wield my sword for hours at a time, but this is just exhausting." Wys shook his hands and sprinted for about ten feet this time, extended his hands too fast, causing a little awkward handstand, but still nailing the flip, where he landed on his feet; though a bit crouched. "I think I have the hang of it, now I have to stop being cocky before it kills me." He said with a smirk.

"Is ambidexterity a learned skill, or does one have it upon birth?"

Wystern
Syliran Knight.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Fade on June 6th, 2010, 6:27 pm

“Both I think” She thought about it, she shrugged she was just ambidextrous, maybe her training had developed both her arms and hands in the same way and by the time she could write she just had tried with both hands. “But I guess you can learn how to be ambidextrous, I guess you have to know how to wield a sword with both hands?”

She raised an eyebrow, he had almost got it right she said “The danger in summersaults is that you go round once and a half, be very careful if that happened you will brake your neck or spine. Its difficult to understand when to open yourself but when you do think you went round a bit more finish it going round twice even though you fall is better than interrupting a summersault”

She eyed his weapons in their little heap “I never wielded a sword before, just a dagger and a throwing dagger at that but I’m proficient in almost all types of knifes. It takes a few passes to understand the balance”
Fade
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trash Medal (1)

Next