[Daydream's Vlog] Finally Did It!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Postby Daydream on January 25th, 2013, 8:34 pm

I had no clue about sinew being used on the string. Just by looking at medieval style bows I saw nothing on the string in pictures where they were shooting and regular and had to draw a conclusion. But hey, learn something new every day! :)

And as far as the body building goes, unless you already had a decent amount of muscle on you, I doubt you could just pick up a bow and start shooting as the draw weight would have to be a good 45 pounds to kill just a deer. This is what I was referring to as some players describe themselves as feeble and rather thin but being able to pull back an adult sized bow capable of killing a deer. That analogy just doesn't add up.

That being said, you make a good point about gaining bodybuilding from that. However, if you can pull that back already without any further enhancement on the limit and without pushing yourself further with more draw weight, how would that be working the muscles to any further extent required to tear them and then make them stronger?

Another thing, perhaps that glove should be an item added to the price list?

Good points indeed, Jason. :D
Daydream

Postby Septimus on February 16th, 2013, 2:12 am

As promised, I fulfilled. It was a crappy video, I felt like crap, my wrist is now hurting like a son of a gun, but it's all for you guys! Enjoy!<3

Septimus
Better • Faster • Stronger

Words: 230446
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trash Medal (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Accolade on February 16th, 2013, 3:19 am

Hold on!

No excuses young lady! You are a Syliras Squire, you have to do better! Gee what would Xuphim think?

I kid, but I think it's awesome that you are learning archery, that is WAY cool! I do hope that your arm gets better very soon and you're back to 100%..and still missing. :D

I kid, I kid. Oh and if a current Ravok DS comes by with a reply. Don't listen to him, he knows NOTHING!
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Septimus on February 16th, 2013, 3:26 am

Sheesh, way to pull the guilt card! ;)

And thanks, but no, I kid you not, this is the worst I've done since I started. And when I do get better, I swear I am going to put another video up. As for Ron, I'm literally laughing right now. :D
Septimus
Better • Faster • Stronger

Words: 230446
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2012, 12:42 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Trash Medal (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Verilian on February 16th, 2013, 6:12 pm

Hey, what did I do?? I posted an even crappier video of myself shooting! Plus, you hit the target in the same spot 3 times! That's awesome, as far as I'm concerned.

Also, I love your videos. I love that you do all the cool editing, and putting music in, and all of that.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Imass on February 16th, 2013, 6:34 pm

Nice video Septimus!

I have some quick question. I noticed that your left arm was not straight when you shot... is there a reason why your arm isn't straight? Are you supposed to have that bend at the elbow? Also, you mentioned the stance. Is your whole body supposed to be perpendicular with the bow, or is it just your hips and your shoulders are turned towards the target?

Thanks, I would definitely appreciate a more detailed examination at bow technique, maybe a how-to video? Imass is supposed to be competent at archery but I have yet to write about it since I know nothing about it.

Once again thanks for the effort!
IMASS
Imass
Veteran of the Sahova Campaign

Words: 431651
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2012, 4:35 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3