Lahumni's Call: Try and Die Again (Quest)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Panna Cotta on June 9th, 2010, 8:31 pm

Rules and Mechanics

1. We've got five volunteers: Gideon Linvaille (Broadsword, Novice; has Sleuthing skills); Eris (Dagger, Novice); Jette (Unarmed Combat and Larceny, Competent) Syfec Morbus* (Reimancy, ??) and Sturlin (Reimancy, Competent). Check out one another's Character Sheets before we begin, at least to get familiar about each other's skills and quirks.

2. We'll be starting the thread in Sahova. We set sail evening of the 40th, and we expect to be in Sahova by the 50th. The starting scene will be mid-voyage to Sahova already, I'll be taking a few posts to begin our quest, and then I'll post and OOC when it's time for you guys to jump in. We'll finish the quest by the 55th - 60th (depends on how good you guys are) and I can have you guys back to Zeltiva by the 70th-75th.

3. There will be a few "scenes" for this quest, details of which I'll reveal as we go by, and I want everybody to be diligent in taking their turns. Please do alert us of your possible absence if there will be any, do not drop out without any word or else: a) if we're still in the ship I'll throw your PC off-board, b) if we're in Sahova I'll leave your PC on the island. Kidding about that last part! :p I do reserve the right to move the scene according to the pace I so desire, even if it causes your character to fail to make a turn or so.

4. I think I made it clear that there will be combat, so I'll leave you guys to discuss how to confront our enemies (they'll have descriptions, but those will be given IC-ly).

5. Sahova is a wasteland. Baradbal will cover your needs while you're aboard (it's not a luxurious accommodation, in fact it'll be a poor one, but it will have to do), but once you're on the island you should take care of yourself. I suggest you guys should go shopping for food and other necessities before going on board. It would help if you could read about Sahova, its inhabitants, its politics, its history, and so on, because it will help you understand the setting. Also, please act accordingly. Nuits are shriveled smelly scary magic-wielding corpses, it's okay to be scared. Golems are animated... things(They're rare in Mizahar). If it's your first encounter, it's your first encounter.

6. If there's anything about the plot that needs to be straightened out or planned, let's just use this thread in the future. For drastic things, like outright killing any of the NPCs I'll introduce, or killing any of the PCs with whom you'll roleplay with, please do give a heads up. I'm all for chaos and bloodshed (It just doesn't seem like it yet) but let's talk about your plans first. If you've got awesome input that might make the adventure better, I'm open for suggestions.

7. Just by thinking of it, I know that this quest will be healthy with Lores. I won't be uptight about those, so make sure to roleplay your PC as dynamic as possible. If you have any existing lores that you think may be used anytime during the quest, just leave an OOC. Who knows if it may change the course of the adventure? *wink*

8. Will it still be a surprise if I say that there will be surprises? I guess it's still important for me to repeat that it will get dangerous and dirty and deceiving. Your characters can and will get hurt, and if you're careless, you might even die. I hope everyone knew the risks of joining, both OOCly and ICly, and I will not tolerate cowardice or half-hearted heroism. However, I do also expect to be surprised myself, so there will be plus points to those who will be creative and ingenious with their roleplay. :D

9. Please do own the quest. Embrace the opportunities it will give you. I recruited able PCs, not drones to command. Feel free to exercise your will and prowess - make the story thrive by collaborating with me, helping me to tell the story. It will be life-changing for your PC, that I can promise.

10. I reserve the right to add, remove, and modify (etc, etc) the rules and mechanics.

I'll have the thread up within the week. Thank you for joining, and I hope you have fun!

-Pan

*Hey Syfec, I just noticed that your CS doesn't have your Skills listed yet, I need to know how your points will be distributed, so please try to accomplish that before you start the quest, okay?
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Panna Cotta on June 9th, 2010, 9:09 pm

I just noticed that, in the course of typing out the rules and mechanics, I've overlooked a Parrot Kelvic. I initially wanted about 3-5 players, and Sturlin beat you to the last slot, Midnight. I'm sorry I can't really accommodate your PC for the quest :(
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gideon Linvaille on June 9th, 2010, 10:10 pm

Looking forward to it! It should prove awesome.
Gideon Linvaille
The Purist

Words: 24869
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2010, 5:54 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Panna Cotta on June 12th, 2010, 10:36 pm

Our thread is officially up, post away! Just a note, speak the name of the NPC you'll be following towards the end (It doesn't have to be one on one)
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Midnight on June 13th, 2010, 2:44 pm

Panna Cotta wrote:I just noticed that, in the course of typing out the rules and mechanics, I've overlooked a Parrot Kelvic. I initially wanted about 3-5 players, and Sturlin beat you to the last slot, Midnight. I'm sorry I can't really accommodate your PC for the quest :(

I figured heh, it is absolutely fine. :) I am certain it will be a good read.

Thanks,

Mid
Midnight
Player

Words: 25147
Joined roleplay: December 3rd, 2009, 3:16 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Panna Cotta on June 15th, 2010, 11:08 pm

Where's Syfec? D:
I'll be sending him a pm that he should make a turn within the next two days, or I'll move his char with, hm, whoever. I think that's whats going to happen, too, in the future, every scene might move within a span of a week, or as soon as everybody's replied already.

We don't want an idle thread :P
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Previous