Lahumni's Call: Try and Die Again (Quest)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Postby Panna Cotta on June 8th, 2010, 5:13 am

Baradbal
Baradbal is an up-and-coming merchant ship that specializes on antiquities and magical artifacts. For this reason alone, the ship's captain, Jack Baradbal, chose to stay in the route between Zeltiva and Sahova. The First Mate, Peonie Lahumni, have close ties with the nuit of Sahova (she, herself, is a nuit, after all), and have gained the favor of one of the masters, Seleumence Varubicht.

First Mate Peonie Lahumni

Introduction to the Quest
Since Drainira's betrayal, Sahova drowned in a complicated internal political conflict. Lector Qiao had assigned Varubicht to root out a group of rebellious nuits who are accused to have stolen artifacts from The Vault. Initial investigation had confirmed that these nuits have also been operating projects that are too costly to maintain, therefore draining the resources of the Citadel. They have been working secretly in a mountain pass not far away from the Training Grounds, which does not sit well with the Council. Varubicht has elected to call for aid from outsiders, in order to avoid the brewing tension within the walls of Sahova. Baradbal, tempted by the gracious rewards of the Masters, have agreed to help gather capable adventurers to join Varubicht's company.

Master Seleumence Varubicht

Greetings, Mizaharians!

This is Panna Cotta, your Assistant Storyteller for Sahova, opening up a daredevil's adventure in the infamous isle of the undead. The announcement speaks for itself and for those who are interested, please do reply with your PC's name, age, and primary skill.

I'll be taking in 2-5 participants who are fit for the job. I'd like to reiterate that this is a dangerous quest, and Baradbal isn't looking for cooks, poets, gymnasts... you get the point? I'll be keeping this invitation open until I have the minimum number of participants, in which case I'll wait for the slots to get filled or for one week to pass before starting.

The quest will take more or less 25 days, towards the end of summer. Right now I'll favor those who do not have conflict with being occupied in the last 30 days of summer. But if you really want to join, speak up and maybe we can work something out.

Awesome adventure and battle awaits those who would join the company, and besides the tempting miza offer, there are a lot of surprises in store for you!

This is your chance to get your hands on never before seen magical artifacts and antique books. This is your chance to discover new lores and NPCs in Sahova! This is a great opportunity to go beyond your usual treasure hunting adventure! Be a hero!

What are you waiting for?
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Griffith on June 8th, 2010, 6:10 am

Actually, there is a dungeon-crawler group in the works which might be interested in this... Composed of a few people, I'll tell them about it and see if they want to put their names down for it. As it stands, I'll tentatively sign up.

Name: Griffith
Primary Skill: Reimancy
Notes: Is also an adventuring scholar in search of lost knowledge. This sounds just about perfect for him.

That said, they can't participate unless they took a ship to Zeltiva from Riverfall. Travel times don't add up otherwise.
“No matter under what circumstances you leave it, home does not cease to be home. No matter how you lived there - well or poorly.”
Griffith
of the Tents of Malkyn, of the sons of Benha

Words: 49339
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2010, 7:27 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Vitalos Umbreffigia on June 8th, 2010, 4:09 pm

I'm part of Griffith's Dungeon Crawlers. If the other members are down with it, I certainly am.

Name: Vitalos Umbreffigia
Primary Skill: Unarmed combat
Notes: Seeking to improve his skills in the martial arts, unfazed by the darker aspects of the world (such as death), but is uneasy with Nuit and Ghosts.
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live."

Queens of the Stone Age
Vitalos Umbreffigia
Player

Words: 18787
Joined roleplay: June 6th, 2010, 7:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Gideon Linvaille on June 8th, 2010, 4:13 pm

I'm with Griff,

Name: Gideon
Primary Skill: Broadsword, though I'm a novice sleuth.
Notes: Duty oriented, looking for clues that lead to the men who murdered my parents and always ready to fight for what's right. I'm stereotypical hero material, I guess?
Gideon Linvaille
The Purist

Words: 24869
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2010, 5:54 am
Character sheet

Postby Jaquise Emittere on June 8th, 2010, 9:11 pm

Name: Jaq
Primary Skill: Reimancy
Secondary skills: Katana, Animation, Familiary
Notes: Awsome looking adventure, hope I'm not to late.
Jaquise Emittere
Magic Swordsman

Words: 173150
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2010, 2:59 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eris on June 8th, 2010, 9:24 pm

I've been looking for an opportunity like this for a while. Sounds really interesting.

Name: Eris
Primary Skill: Dagger
Notes: As it often is with Eris, she might have ulterior motives for joining in this quest (the search for her father, for one), but a rich reward is always an added bonus.
Eris
...in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock...

Words: 171398
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 1:55 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Jette on June 8th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Name: Jette
Primary Skill: Unarmed Combat
Notes: Jette is all about securing treasure to get a boat and crew. She also has competent skill level in larceny which I believe would come very handy in this quest. She is fearless with a gnosis of prowess from Myri and thirsts to do battle!
Jette
Red Desert

Words: 32233
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2010, 12:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Emma on June 9th, 2010, 12:37 am

Heh, as the leader of Griff's group, I suppose I should sign on.

Name: Emma
Primary skill: Larceny
Notes: An experienced treasure-hunter, she can be a bit lazy and dislikes water, but her drive to find her own lost treasure is enough to easily overcompensate.
A thief is never sorry for stealing, or tricking their victim, or being a thief in general. If fact, the only thing they really are sorry for, it seems, is being caught.
Emma
Player

Words: 27515
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2010, 12:33 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Panna Cotta on June 9th, 2010, 1:28 am

Hello! There's more than five of you, and within 24 hours, too! I feel happy, in an alarmed sort of way. I didn't really expect for something like this to pick up so fast :D

I'm tempted to wait for more people to respond, but I'm going to choose to close recruitment right now.

So here's the thing. I've checked your PCs, and all of you seem fit for the job. We've got Reimancers, and blade handlers, and a handful of larcenists. Lol we're going to look for treasure, not steal treasure, alright guys? Everyone seems to be orphaned or abandoned in some way, which is great, no one will go looking for you if you go missing. >:)

There's something I seem to have forgotten to ask, and this is my bad, but I want to know everyone's location.

Since it seems like I should consider the dungeon crawlers as one body, I'd have to hear in detail what exactly the "conflict in schedule" is. Where are your current locations? If everyone's in Riverfall, taking a ship from Riverfall to Sahova will take a lot of time, and I'm a bit worried that the schedule might not properly add up. (Seeing Liminal's reply on the thread inquiry Griffith made.) I really feel so special, with all of you trying to make the effort to help. Varubicht will be highly pleased.

So, I'd also like to ask the locations of Jaq, Emma, and Jette (It seems Jaq and Emma are in Syliras? Jette is a new player? Hi Jette!)

I'm panicking! I'm sorry, new to the job and all. So Jaq, Emma and Jette are approved if they make it to Zeltiva on the 40th; the Dungeon Crawlers are going to waste the rest of summer at sea so they could make it... if they can make it, I'll be gracious enough and accommodate all of them. If they can't, I'll take in Jaq, Emma, and Jette. In which case, Lahumni will not be so pleased.

Let's see what everyone's got to say, and if everyone does have the heart, will, skill, and ability to carry on, I'll post the Rules and Mechanics afterwards. :)
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Jette on June 9th, 2010, 1:37 am

Panna, I am so super excited to do your quest! And no I'm not a new player, this is Hex.

As for the stealing, we larcenists are also excellent for sniffing out traps, which could come in handy as we're looking. Who hides treasure without booby traps anyhow!!!

My location in early summer is just outside Sunberth so I can easily get to Zeltiva for the 40th, and will leave the rest of the summer open for this quest.
Jette
Red Desert

Words: 32233
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2010, 12:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next