Words of the Resident LARP Goddess

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Harrier on November 22nd, 2013, 2:46 pm

Haha, what a fun idea. I think once NaNo gets done, I may try to get back into drawing, too! We should sketch together, Fall :3
Harrier
Harrier than you

Words: 365904
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Fallon on November 22nd, 2013, 9:30 pm

Tea drinkers
Part 2

So, continuing on with my theory... Yes I believe certain characters would most probably partake in the consumption of tea, whilst others not so much. I suppose it is just something that seems to make universal sense - then again it might just be my tea cravings. Allow me to explain, I can imagine Fallon always sitting before a large window, large cushions, blankets and books all around, with a tea pot and cup just within reach. There is always the element of chill from the world outside, but that doesn't matter.

Because there is tea!

I guess, it is just something that simply captures the imagination and simply just summarises the character to me. A picture paints a thousand words after all. There exists lots of meanings and what not behind it all, it's just up to the person to put their own interpretation them. Of course, there is always the case that the curtains are painted blue because they were blue from the point of study - not because it shows the deep, meaningful and turbulent mindset of the artist. Oh Art lessons, I miss you so.

Anyway, this is no doubt why I have moved on to the piece far below. The imagination, has run away with it. And produced this. I really do need a scanner, but hey, did the best I could. Anyway, the final piece (thus far). I'm not sure if I want to add colour or not, add a background (I have several ideas) or smooth the lines more. Opinions?

Either way, may I present to thee, Wrenmae the tea drinking gentleman.
*points the pinky*

Now everything else; Wrenmae I'm glad you approve, and I hope you approve of the final inked product. And Harrier, I would love to! :D
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on November 22nd, 2013, 9:39 pm

May I add it to my character sheet?

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on November 22nd, 2013, 9:40 pm

Yes you may. :P
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Syveris on November 23rd, 2013, 10:53 am

Really, the drawings are so gorgeous, even the draft!
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Words: 334020
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2013, 2:25 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fallon on November 24th, 2013, 12:12 am

Coding Part 1:

So I did some coding... and got a bit carried away. And made an entire CS template...
Yeah... I put it up here mainly because I feel it still needs some re-jiggling and working, and it's here I can gain the many opinions of people, get advice have things recommended and so on.

Right, anyway, enjoy!

EDIT 1: Eldritch! That is exactly the feedback I'm looking for, little jumps and what not, I can't see things on your screen after all. :P
Anyway, I Tried to edit it so the "history" doesn't overlap some of the previous text. I also brought it in so it was narrower and closer to a total width of 700px (hopefully).

EDIT 2: I played about with the lay out and gave things a bit of a move about. Apparently it looks better with possessions at the top. I also combined both past and present history tabs. Opinions?

EDIT 3: I went away and had a long think (dangerous that), and tried to find a places where it would be good to put in breaks and what not, along with more moving of stuff! And yes. Possessions was moved again.

MORE WIP!

CHARACTER NAME
tiny filler words
tiny filler words
APPEARANCE

APPEARANCE
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

PERSONALITY
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

OTHER

tiny filler words
GENERAL
tiny filler words
Alternative Name
Race
Birth dateDay, Season, Year
Birth Place
Height#
Weight#
Profession#
Location#
Beliefs
Aspirations

Fluent Language
Basic Language
Poor Language
tiny filler words
tiny filler words
ON PERSON
tiny filler words
tiny filler words

HISTORY
tiny filler words
IN THE PAST

FIRST

SECOND

THIRD

FORTH
tiny filler words
IN THE PRESENT

FIRST

SECOND

THIRD

FORTH
tiny filler words

STATISTICS
tiny filler words
SKILLS

Physical
ImageSkill EXP Total Rank
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----

Mental
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----

Social
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----

Magic
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
#----
LORES

One
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR

Two
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR

Three
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
tiny filler words
POSSESSIONS

Equipment

Clothing

Heirloom

Ledger
NameCreditDebitTotal
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
tiny filler words

THREADS
tiny filler words
ImageImage

SEASON XXX
DateTitleCastStatus
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---

SEASON YYY
DateTitleCastStatus
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---

SEASON ZZZ
DateTitleCastStatus
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---

FLASHBACKS
DateTitleCastStatus
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---

DREAMS
DateTitleCastStatus
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
#---
tiny filler words
Last edited by Fallon on November 25th, 2013, 10:24 am, edited 15 times in total.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sinoa on November 24th, 2013, 5:02 am

that is such an awesome template, I wish I could give you some criticism but its just so beautiful.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Eldritch on November 24th, 2013, 5:05 am

Ah, I'm no coder and it may just be my stupid computer but I noticed that the label "History" overlaps with some of the text from the previous section. Only thing I noticed, other than that I think it looks divine m'dear!
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on November 24th, 2013, 1:08 pm

This is such a nice setup! I like how they all overlap like a newspaper, or something like that.

I do have one comment, though... the normal font is a little... small, and hard to read. Maybe up the size a little? Or would that simply not work?

And Eld, I think it might just be your computer... not happening for me!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Wrenmae on November 25th, 2013, 2:08 am

The only trouble is that I'd prefer a template that expands out the thread template. Eventually you can make a post too long, so a way to have a second post for extra threads might work out as well.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext