Completed Seeking A Remedy

(Nai'a) Ricky visits Nai'a in an attempt to hopefully recover from his sickness.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Ricky Maze on February 10th, 2013, 7:20 am

Seeking A Remedy
Winter 55th, 512 AV; 12th Bell

Ricky decided it was time to see a healer, the plague had been even more difficult to get over than he anticipated. Normally when he got sick it would be once a year and that was usually it, but this was something different compared to that yearly sickness. When he expected to be able to be on his feet again he felt woozy,there was the constant dehydration, and oh yes the need to keep food in his stomach. It was painful to be sick like this, but Ricky should've expected it considering he managed to keep healthy as long as he did.

Ricky decided to pay Nai'a a visit, seeing as how she was a healer that could probably provide some relief on his part. The walk there was difficult as his sides would hurt, but he needed to do something to say the least. He tried very hard to follow the old ways of treatment when he was sick in his child days, nothing seemed to work at all though as the damned disease continued to pester him. He should be arriving soon, that is if he remembered the correct location of the infirmiry.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on February 24th, 2013, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Nai'a on February 10th, 2013, 10:27 am

It was a busy day in the Infirmary; Nai’a was rushing around the place madly. Mistress Claira having to stop her to tell her to calm down. She couldn’t not calm down though, she rushed around in a frenzy, until all 8 patients were healed the best she could do, gave medicine, and in rooms resting until tomorrow. If it were possible for Nai’a to sweat, she would be drenched in the liquid that was for sure. She had been working since the 7th Bell, tending to eight patients at once, and five hours later she had finished. Nai’a leaned up against the desk, looking at the list Mistress Claira made her to make sure she had completed all her tasks before she went to take a lunch.

Then a familiar face walked through the door, one she had not expected to see in the Infirmary. He looked to be ill, his skin had become a lighter hue, and he looked to be a little clammy from where she stood. Nai’a gasped softly and rushed forward, looping her arm through Ricky’s. ”Ricky, what is wrong?” Nai’a asked her friend in a soothing and calm voice, staying confident and kind as she led him towards the hall slowly, heading towards an empty room; at least she hoped she would find an empty room. It seemed everyone was coming down with some type of sickness.

Due to college I will not be as active as I was. Sorry, but do not give up on me :)! I will reply ASAP
Nai'a
Healing is the art of caring.

Words: 184578
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 6:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Ricky Maze on February 10th, 2013, 11:50 pm

He finally found the infirmery and not much later after he entered he found Nai'a, or rather she found him first. ”Ricky, what is wrong?” She asked as she took his arm, and guided him down the hall. He didn't know where it was she was taking him, but he hoped that it would end in relief from this cursed illness.

"I've been sick for the past four days, though it was an illness I'd get past but nothin's makin it better." He admitted as he still held his side. His stomach cried uncle for food but his apetite wasn't in the testing mood. Too many times now he had lost his meals and had to clean up the mess. Good thing Hadrian hadn't been over the past few days. "I've had constant fever, minor headaches that turn major, and can't keep a solid stomach." He described to her, and covered his mouth in his arm as he coughed. He wasn't sure if it were just warm in the infirmery or if it were his fever, but he was started to break a sweat in the hall; likely because he wore three layers of cotton as per the usual Zeltivan winter outfit he had. "I decided it was finally time to pay a visit to a healer, and remembered ye were workin here." There was comfort Nai'a brought to Ricky, though it wasn't the same bubbly personality the she usually had her attitude towards helping him and others made it so. It made Ricky feel appreciative she was his friend.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Nai'a on February 12th, 2013, 6:08 pm

Nai’a guided Ricky down the hall, looking over at the man as he described what was wrong with him. Vomiting, fever, cough, headaches… Sounded like the flu symptoms to Nai’a. Symptoms that quite a few people in Zeltiva were experiencing. The fact that Ricky had went so long with out seeking out help though, made Nai’a little angry, not at him really just that she could have helped him more if he did not let it go on for so long. She finally found her destination and walked him into the room helping him set down on the edge of the bed.

”No worries my friend, I will do the best I can to make you feel better. Just please… Next time you are sick come find me as soon as possible, letting sickness go on without treating it will kill you.” Nai’a sighed softly, but gave him a bright warm smile, ”Now I am just going to place my hands here…” Nai’a said placing her hands on the man’s chest, ”and try to ease some of it, well the best I can, and then the rest is going to have to be done with medicine and sleep, and of course food.” Nai’a’s palms radiated a soothing and warm blue light; this light seemed to enter his body, filling it with a soothing warmth, seeking out the damage that it could heal. His headache should be cured; any tense muscles would be healed, if he was feeling depressed about being sick he would feel better about that as well. As for the fever and vomiting, that would have to be taken care of through medicine, though her hands would sooth him, and make him feel a little better instantly, the fact still remained that it could not heal everything. Nai’a removed her hands, glancing over at Ricky, keeping that warm smile on her face.

”Feeling a little better dear?” Nai’a asked as she stood up, rubbing his back gently. Her touch could have been seen as flirting, but it was not so. She preferred to touch her patients, interact with them through touches that showed she truly cared about them, about their health. She stopped rubbing his back and let her hand fall to her side. She waited for Ricky to answer her, knowing that she was about to have to leave her friend to seek out some water for the man to drink, that way he did not become dehydrated.

Due to college I will not be as active as I was. Sorry, but do not give up on me :)! I will reply ASAP
Nai'a

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Ricky Maze on February 13th, 2013, 5:37 pm

”No worries my friend, I will do the best I can to make you feel better. Just please… Next time you are sick come find me as soon as possible, letting sickness go on without treating it will kill you.” Nai'a let out a sigh and smiled, and Ricky nodded to show he understood. Next time the illness would kick in again he wouldn't let it get this far, he would get help from Nai'a before it happened.

”Now I am just going to place my hands here…” Her hands went to his chest, for a moment he wondered what she was about to do. ”and try to ease some of it, well the best I can, and then the rest is going to have to be done with medicine and sleep, and of course food.”

A light light of brilliant blue seem to radiate from her hands, and poured within his very body. The warmth of its presence banished away the cramps and tension of his innards and purging away the aches and pains he felt. Though he could still feel the illness still.cling its prowess had been taken back, for Ricky now felt twice as better from earlier. The fever still lingered and his apetite still didn't return though, even after the knots in his stomach were undone. There was a sort of serenity the bear felt when she healed him, a kind of peace he didn't think he'd feel before.

"I'll admit that's the first time I've seen and felt somethin like that." He admitted as a little color returned to his face. Now all he needed was the food and some actual well needed sleep, which would no doubt come soon.

”Feeling a little better dear?” The way she rubbed his back was more than just comforting, it actually soothed Ricky even further in knowing she was attentive to him. He imagined her being a well loved doctor here, as all her patients would no doubt agree she was a warm kind soul.

"Much better actually. Now I just need a belly to keep what I stuff down and an overnights rest, hopefully from there I'll be back in top shape for my duty." It was faint but there was a sign of a smirk, to show Nai'a that she was doing her job admirably. "I'm pretty parched though." He admitted after a thought, his mouth was feeling awefully dry now more than ever.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Nai'a on February 16th, 2013, 1:47 am

Nai’a gave her friend a warm smile at his comment. She had hoped it would help him a little, but she knew he was still fatigued and weak. Especially since it was obvious he had not been taking care of himself like he should. Nai’a sighed softly, ”You my friend need to find yourself a good woman to take care of you, since you are not going to do so yourself, or come to your healer friend, me, for help.” Nai’a said teasingly, giving the man a playful wink.

When Ricky mentioned that he needed food and a good night’s rest, she nodded her head in agreement. ”Alright, I will go get you some food and water. I will be right back, don’t go anywhere.” Nai’a chuckled as she walked out of the room.

Nai’a was gone for fifteen chimes, gathering some edible food and water for her friend. She returned with a bright smile as she set the plate and water down on a small bed side table.

She sat back down on the bed beside Ricky, and looked over at him. ”How are you feeling Ricky, besides the sickness I mean?” Nai’a was referring to the loss of his companion; she hoped the man knew what she meant. He seemed to be taking it better, but she wasn’t sure if it was because of her gnosis mark or if the man truly had begun to accept his friend’s death and was indeed feeling in better spirits about it.

Last edited by Nai'a on February 19th, 2013, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nai'a

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Ricky Maze on February 16th, 2013, 10:44 am

"You my friend need to find yourself a good woman to take care of you, since you are not going to do so yourself, or come to your healer friend, me, for help.” She teased with a smile and wink, and Ricky couldn't help the laugh that followed. How he wanted to find that good woman, such a thing seemed impossible in this world. There were plenty that were considered "good" in Ricky's book but the problem was he just hadn't made that kind of connection with one, plus he never found himself worthy enough to have anyone that close; especially after his loss. No he would just have to stick with his healer, which he was very content with. ”Alright, I will go get you some food and water. I will be right back, don’t go anywhere.”
There was a smile and wave to show he was staying right where he was, and for the next fifteen chimes he spent the time thinking. His thoughts weren't so active which he was thankful for, but even with exhaustion there still was enough energy to allow them to wonder. He thought about Nai'a at first, how she was good not just by personality but by heart. Her nature that involved caring for others brought Ricky to respect and admire her, even in this dark time where he dealt with sickness and loss she seemed to make things brighter. That kind of power was rare to come by, as the world normally would swallow that kind of hope while it existed. He made a mental note that he would always be there to keep her safe, to protect her fron such terrible things should it come down to it. To him Nai'a was becoming a precious friend, before he could even shut her out emotionally she found a way in. Now here he was again, and so again she was caring for him once more. That kind of friend you never let go. No matter what you protect them, keep them safe for as long as you can.

It was a silent promise he made. He would protect her just as he would protect the city. Too many he had let down, no more would he do the same. He wouldn't disappoint her like he did Odis and Kip. His eyes were a bit heavy as he relaxed a bit, his stomach finally feeling the apetite come around just a bit. Soon he would have to eat and pray the food stayed down, too many times now did he try and keep light food such as bread and soup down. None of them succeeded but then again the bread was stale and the soup more of a simple broth. He chuckled. 'Nai'a's right, I do need to take better care of myself.'

Finally footsteps came back into the room and when Ricky looked there was the plate of food and a cup of water. Ricky didn't feel he could eat but he knew he had to try, so the best idea to go with first was to drink water.

”How are you feeling Ricky, besides the sickness I mean?” Nai'a had asked as he took a drink, or much rather a guzzle that left the glass half full. He sighed in relief before he spoke.

"Well apart from bein sick, I've still been dealin with my loss. I think I'm gettin better, least I'm tryin anyway." He didn't sound so sure, maybe it was because he still felt sick. Or perhaps it was the inevitable storm of grief that had one final stage before dying. Somehow he felt he wasn't going to feel so better so easily. The incoming days felt as though they would be heavy, or so his instinct told him time and time again. That half that was angry with himself was quieter now, probably tired of him being in the same place for the past season. "I'll admit it hasn't been the best time after we met."

Of course not. The whole situation with the Wave Guard, plus the blight that now covered the city. He felt pressured as he clearly couldn't save the city from something he couldn't see, that stood for the sickness as well as the murderer of Kip. There was so much going on now, too much that he literally had little time to buckle down and think about it all.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Nai'a on February 18th, 2013, 9:07 am

Nai’a was slightly frightened to ask such a question of the man, wondering if he would even answer such a personal question. But he did answer, and she was relieved but sad at the same time. It seems the man had, had it hard for quite some time. There was so much going on in the city, plus grieving for a loved one, it was a lot for one person to take. Nai’a could somewhat feel his pain. She was constantly haunted by the faces of patients she had lost, worse of all the children. She sighed, banishing the negative thoughts, and placing a warm smile on her face once again. ”I am sorry that it has been so hard. It seems everyone is suffering in the city. But… Sometimes it is best to hold your head high while the rain pours on you, for the rainbow is sure to come when the sun comes back out.” Nai’a squeezed the man’s shoulder, ”Plus, I am always here for you, if you need someone to talk to, or if you feel the need to yell and punch, I am always available for that too.” Nai’a laughed softly.

The man had yet to touch his food and she frowned slightly, ”Do I need to spoon feed you Mr. Maze? Because I will if I have to. I want to see at least a good portion of this food cleared and in your belly, understand?” Nai’a kept her voice soft and teasing, but she was being serious about wanting to see him eat. And she was not against spoon feeding the man if she had to, to emphasize this she picked the spoon up and held it in front of his mouth, with her eye brow raised, her eyes twinkling with mirth. She was not going to let her friend become weak and feeble because his body had no fuel to heal itself. She wasn’t much of a fighter, but she would fight to keep her friend safe from sickness. He meant a lot to her, and he had no idea. Nai’a became friends so easy with people, cared so easy for others. Sometimes it was a good thing, sometimes it was a bad thing. She knew the pain of trusting too easy, but she still gave people a chance to prove her wrong.

Nai'a

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Ricky Maze on February 19th, 2013, 2:20 am

”Plus, I am always here for you, if you need someone to talk to, or if you feel the need to yell and punch, I am always available for that too.” There was his small chuckle and her soft laugh, and then she looked at the untouched food. ”Do I need to spoon feed you Mr. Maze? Because I will if I have to. I want to see at least a good portion of this food cleared and in your belly, understand?”

"Aight aight!" He laughed a little as he reached for the plate, he didn't wish to test his stomach just yet but she insisted; and Ricky wasn't going to test his doctor now. "Yer kindness is more than enough. I could never hit a lass as pretty as yer self." He admitted just before he took the first bite, a mixed indulgence of joy yet disdain in the taste that came to his mouth. It wasn't that the food tasted bad, just that his apetite deemed it good at the time. He wasn't incapable of eating the food nonetheless, and as he finally swallowed the first bite down he moved onto the next. It was slower then his usual eating habits, probably because he was so sick he might as well lost them. He took the spoon anyway, and started on the task of eating.

It took a few chimes but half of the plate was bare now and e set the plate down, his stomach still felt a bit queasy already as he relaxed a once again with a sigh. He didn't necessarily look in pain but there was the nervous idea that impending doom loomed over, ready to resend the contents he munched back up from the pits of his belly. It was a very unappealing idea he was used to and ready for, though he rather not have Nai'a see him in such a state. He felt disgusting enough as he was, and didn't wish to be anymore.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Seeking A Remedy

Postby Nai'a on February 19th, 2013, 10:20 am

Nai’a liked the fact that she and Ricky could share a laugh, even in such a time as this. He was sick, a plague descended on the city, but yet they both sat there laughing with one another. It was really nice to have a friend like Ricky, someone she could always share a smile and laugh with. He reached for the plate, and when he looked at the food he did look a little queasy, it was normal though. Though he mentioned that he would never hit a ‘pretty lass’ like her. Nai’a gave a short chuckle, “I can handle more than you think dear.”[/b] Nai’a said with a wink. Indeed this was right, though she would never use her skills in hand-to-hand combat to ever harm another individual, no matter how evil that person was.

She stayed quiet as she watched Ricky eat the food really slowly, like that of someone who did not really want to eat, but had to because the gaze of their healer was glaring at them. She could not suppress the smile at that thought, though she did feel bad that his stomach was still upset.

Nai’a cleared her throat and lifted her body up off the bed, standing before Ricky, ”Alright dear, I am going to go get some tea for you, to help reduce the fever and settle your stomach. Sit up for a while; it will help the food digest. And if you feel sick, just let it out, don’t keep it in, it’s your body’s natural way of expelling sickness from your body. There isn’t much I haven’t experienced yet.” Nai’a gave him a bright warm smile and then walked out of the room.

She figured she would fix him some Yarrow tea to ease the fever, with a little lemon balm herb to give it flavor and help settle his stomach. Mistress Claira should have some antibiotic medicine already made up; it seemed they had to keep the stuff in bulk here lately. So she would grab some of that too, to help keep his immunities up.

Nai'a

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next