Closed Bringing About A Change

(Ignotus) Ricky meets up with Telion, who has plans for the fisherman. Can Ricky follow through with them?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Bringing About A Change

Postby Ricky Maze on February 10th, 2013, 8:22 am

Bringing About A Change
Part 5.2 of The Part of Moving On
Winter 84th, 512 AV; 14th Bell

We admit our mistakes and try to prove we're ready for a change, and when we do this we have to be ready for whatever comes. Because no matter how scary or uncomfortable it is, change is what makes us a better person.

Ricky arrived at the library to meet with Tel, after finally he received the reply of his apology letter, for whatever it was she had planned. It was evidently clear she had something planned out for him, because the very words he read were burned clear into his mind.

"If you're really going to apologize then you should do ot in person, meet me at the library and we can talk there." Or so the note instructed. He never really came to the library as often as he used to, the books and tome of long lost knowledge were like memories trapt in words. Forever locked until time could erase them. He was quiet when he walked through the aisles of bookshelves, and at last found Telion sitting at a desk with a book. When he arrived she looked up at him with no smile, but a look that expected him to be here nonetheless. "Took your time." She whispered.

"Sorry, the courrier was rather slow. Think he's sick like everyone else." Ricky explained in a low voice. "Look Tel, we've been close friends for years. I know the things I said that night we're wrong, but I was in a bad place at the time. Which is why I wanted to apologize." He looked sincere about his apology, but Telion just went about to readinf her book.

"Have a seat." She instructed him. Ricky pulled a chair over without meaning to make any noise, but failed in the process; which resulted in the "ssh" from Tel and other nearby readers. Ricky took his seat as he gave an apologetic shrug. "I know you were upset at the time, which is why I'm not mad at you. I was but then I thought about it, and knew you needed time." She finally spoke, eyes still caught in the book.

"So ye accept my apology then?"

"You're not out of the sea yet Ricky Maze," His eyebrows were raised when she said his full name. Usually she only did that when she was getting onto him or something, Ricky actually kinda missed hearing her say that. "Your loss got me wonderin if we can get you a new friend to have, so I've been doing a little research over the past season."

"I'm bett-"

"Shut your trap." She brought her hand up and made the gesture that followed, the one where she would bring her thumb and fingers together as a symbol for "shut up I'm talking." "I know Odis is irreplaceable as a brotherly companion, you may have known him longer but I still loved him like he was family too."

"Yeah that much is-"

"Shush!" She ordered in a low voice, Ricky sighed with a chuckle. "but the deal is you need something to bring about that good character in you again, even if you may be changin I think it's time to prove you're ready to change."

"Can I speak now?" He questioned with a smirk, finally she looked at him. The expression she had on was always his favorite. The face that always said "really?!" when such a question would be asked.

"That would be great actually." She chuckled knowing Ricky teased her.

"So I have to follow through with this, and then ya accept my apology?" He quizzed. Telion rolled her eyes, then nodded as she answered.

"Yes Ricky, I will accept your apology should you follow through." She remarked with a smile.

"I'm all ears." Ricky leaned back relaxed, and waited to hear what Tel had to say next.

"I've done a little book readin here and there, and I happen to come across somethin. Its a magic known as "Animation" to wizards." She slid the book over to Ricky, as he skimmed the first few sentences.

"Allows the user to bind life or lifelike trait's onto objects?" He read aloud softly.

"I can't do magic but if we can find a wizard who knows a bit about this, then we can see if they'll get you a animated friend." She explained to him as she closed the book with ease.

"Now hold on, where are we gonna find a wizard who can do this for one? Two what in Mizahar is he going to... animate?" He had to get use to the word, the idea of bringing an object to life was rather farfetched for him.

"I have the would be object all ready," She scooted her chair back and stood up with the book, "As for the lucky wizard I thought you'd know someone." She giggled as she went to return the book, Ricky thought abour who he could know for a chime, then went up to catch up with Tel.

"What If I don't know anyone who does animation?" He asked curiously as she stretched on her tippy toes to try and slide the book in. Finally she gave up and handed it to Ricky.

"Put that in between those two," she pointed to an empty spot between two books and Ricky complied, "and don't you know anyone who knows any kind of magic?"

Ricky looked to her as he slowly slid the book in, he smirked teasingly at her when he did. She slapped his arm for teasing her height. "I know of one but I dunno where to find him."
He admitted as the thought of Igno crossed his mind.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Bringing About A Change

Postby Ignotus Everto on February 16th, 2013, 5:46 am

"I don't care what his great aunt says, I want that petching body!"
Ignotus Everto was having a bad day. Presently, he was arguing with a sallow-faced little man wearing a wrinkled black suit, and possessing a head that was fighting a losing battle with balding. Though a few oily, slicked back strands of black hair clung to his temples and the back of his head, his cranium was both bare, and covered in liver spots. He was one of Zeltiva's undertakers, and he was, unfortunately, in the position of explaining to a crumbling Nuit why he couldn't jump into a corpse in his care. The bandage that he had wrapped around his entire head was not helping him look any less intimidating, either. Nor did the exposed musculature around a skinless eye socket.

"It just wouldn't be proper form, Ignotus! Look, I know you're a good man, but you can't just go around taking what you want when it suits you!"

"Do you want me to lose an arm, Will? Do you want me to be in danger of dying? I just came out of a damned killer time maze, and I am not in the mood to argue!"
The wizard, in his foul mood, chose to stop the mortician's rebuttal by sending a lance of fear into the poor man's heart. Djed drain be damned. The undertaker swallowed nervously and nodded to his undead conversation partner, a handkerchief produced from his coat pocket wiping off some of the sweat that had erupted on his brow. "O-of course, Ignotus. None of us would be. What if I found you a different body? W-would that be more t-to your liking?"

Ignotus shrugged and nodded. "That will do nicely. Just... Don't pick some bull-faced sailor, if you can. They molder badly."

Will's mouth twitched slightly at that, and a breathless chuckle escaped him. "Of course. I'll speak with you on the morrow, then?"
"Tonight!"
"Y-Yes, certainly!"

While Ignotus was still feeling rather irate, the use of magic, as well as the undertaker's terror, had served to soothe his temper just a little. There was always something strangely calming in controlling Djed. There was something very satisfying in controlling men. But of course, Ignotus' methods of coping with stress were not what the highlight of this day was. No, that was a rather familiar fisher arguing with his friend about Animation. Apparently, his dog had been butchered, and he wanted a replacement. Animation was a relatively uncommon discipline, and an extremely lucrative one at that. Ricky was a man that Ignotus had a sore need to keep at his banner. Quite simply, to the opportunistic mind: Perfection.

Though his appearance was rather disconcerting, even for him; a long black cloak, white gloves made of silk, ordinary boots, and, of course, a rather long bandage borrowed from the Infirmary that served to cover his damaged head, Ignotus still made the effort to approach the pair. "Pardon me, but did one of you say Animation?" the Nuit asked with an unseen smile.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Bringing About A Change

Postby Ricky Maze on February 16th, 2013, 11:11 am

"And his name would be?" She quizzed him, and waited with a testive expression. Ricky sighed.

"His name is Ignotus. He's the one I'm helpin out." He gave few details, and in doing so Tel looked at him. She knew he was hiding something, but she didn't dare press for answers. Their arguement was rather too focused that they didn't notice the very wizard was in the same building, dealing with issues of his own. That is until he decided to approach them.

"Pardon me, but did one of you say Animation?" He asked with what Ricky hoped was just simple curiosity, but knew that under the bandages somewhere was a man who had interest.

"Ye look bloody awful-" He pointed out as he wondered how Ignotus came to be in his condition, but Tel stood in front of him.

"So this is Ignotus then." She didn't even have to look back, Ricky's moment of silence was enough to let her continue. "I've been lookin for a person who can do animation for Ricky, so that he can have a new friend to follow him around."

"Her idea, not mine." He stated with a shrug, she turned to him once with the same mean stare from before.

"I have a request," when she looked back to face Igno she looked at him witb confidence, "he may not like the idea but I have a doll with me. I want to know if you can bring it to life, and if so how life like it would be." She was straight and to the point, and though she sounded as if it were a negotiation she knew it wasn't. This was a personal request for the fisherman and she wanted to make sure her plan was thorough enough. Ricky on the other hand looked at Igno apologetically, unable to keep her from being her so much.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)