Completed Yesterday Is Gone

[World's End Grotto] Ricky and Telion both decide its time to catch up, see what both of them have done over the past few years.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Yesterday Is Gone

Postby Ricky Maze on February 19th, 2013, 6:56 am

Yesterday Is Gone
Part 5.3 of The Part of Moving On
Winter 88th, 512 AV; 13th Bell

After what has been said and done is corrected we have to look to the future, to prepare for it's inevitable appointment of occurance. We set ourselves goals and prepare to rise to their challenge, but we must first ask ourselves if we can do it. If we can rise to the challenge and complete what we set minds to, can we truly carry on to the next?

Ricky was waiting to meet with Telion, she was suppose to meet him for lunch but hadn't appeared. Odd considering she usually kept to her word right to the point, but then again maybe she just had an issue at the stall or some other concern in her life. Ricky had yet to fully catch up with her, which is why they were going to have lunch today. It was just a busy day in the warmth of the World's End Grotto and Ricky was, quite simply, left to be alone it seems.

Until the door swung open to allow a familiar pretty blonde inside. That pretty lass would be Telion. She shivered a bit as she walked in, and gave a friendly smile to Ricky as she walked over. Ricky pulled out a chair for her, and they both took their seats.

"Sorry it took so long." She said as she removed her furry coat, to reveal a white dress with robins egg blue color. It was certainly an outfit Ricky wasn't use to seeing.

"Not a problem actually, I figured ye were havin some issues at the stall." Ricky pointed out with a grin, Telion looked at him with a sincere expression.

"Yeah about that..." She tapped her fingers on the table when she spoke, a sheer sign that this would be news to Ricky. "After the storm hit I had to close down the stall, sell it back to the original owner since I needed coin."

"What?!" His jaw dropped, Ricky leaned in close with disbelief. "Y-ye had to sell the stall back?! How have ya been earnin a livin?"

"Wait now, let me finish the story!" She giggled a little as she looked to the table, then back to Ricky with a small smile. "I met someone who's been takin care of me."

"Well now..." Ricky leaned back and took a moment to think, the idea of Telion being with someone was difficult for Ricky to grasp. "He a good man to ya?" He gave a serious look to her, his nature taking a protective turn should he hear or realize otherwise.

"Y-yeah." She nodded with a laugh, there was joy in her voice. That was enough to allow Ricky to relax. "He's been very good to me. I wouldn't be where I am now without him." She admitted. Ricky let a chuckle loose. "What's so funny?"

"The fact that ye're relyin on a man when ye can take care of yer self. The way I remember men were too incompetent for ya." He reminded her with a smirk. Tel gasped as the memory easily came around.

"Only you could be the incompetent one Ricky Maze." She smarted off a retaliation, in which the both of them laughed.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on February 26th, 2013, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Yesterday Is Gone

Postby Ricky Maze on February 21st, 2013, 9:34 pm

The two of them had ordered thier lunch and spent the time talking and catching up. Both of them had quite the story to share in Ricky's absence, it was amazing how the time away seemed to fly by. Telion occasionally checked on the shack that used to be his home until the storm hit, from then on she wondered if he was ever coming back. That was when her stall closed and soon after a plague hit them, much like it had this past season. When everything got better was when she met her would be boyfriend, and the two had been together since. It wasn't until late fall she heard the rumors, two men and a dog discovered a smuggling operation. When she asked some of the Wave Guards she knew Ricky was back in the city, as they told her the dog was killed and being taken to the memorial.

"Ye were in shock too eh?" He asked with a sincere tone.

"Not as bad as you I'm sure, but I still felt horrible about it. If I had heard of your arrival sooner, I probably could've prevented it." She pointed out. There was a sigh, followed by a short moment of silence.

"I'd never have ended that den o' thieves if ya did." He finally admitted, Telion looked at him astonished. "Odis led us there, and through the thick of it all I pulled through. I'm still alive because of him."

"You blamed yourself for the longest time." She stated without need for observation.

"Aye, I did. Ya... But now I know it wasn't my fault, and while I miss him more than anythin; I know he still lives in my heart." He assured her with a faint smile. Telion grinned.

"Tell me about your adventure. I want to know everythin!" Her eyes were full of curiosity, as her smile seemed to lighten the mood.

"Everythin? Damn Tel," Ricky chuckled, "Ye sure are demandin." He teased her for a tick, then when into his story like he always done.

Ricky told her about meeting Nex and the travel to Syliras, how a bear attacked the three and how they fought it. Telion was shocked to hear about Odis being injured, and there was awe in her eyes when he narrated his story. The final moments when the bear charged at him, giving him the scar on his shoulder he then showed her. Spring was a recuperation period for Odis, sort of like a vacation for Ricky now that he thought about it. Telion laughed here and there.

Then came the trip to Alvadas, sailing across the Suvan Sea was the first time Ricky had sailed in his life. There was nothing like it. No other feeling could compare to that of the salty sea air blowing upon a sailor's face. Then Alvadas itself was next. The City of Illusions as it was known to be. It proved a huge venture for the two because how Odis acted from time to time, and the way the city moved and changed around on its own. It was all fascinating, yet and the same time maddening because of the confusion. Something the locals were use to apparently.

Telion was surprised to hear Ricky tried to enter the tournament, and teased about him getting sick and how he was chickening out. They both had a small arguement over it, but it was all funny to laugh at after it was over. Then the trip home came up. Why it was Ricky decided to come back when he was in Kalea, the journey to meet his birth mother had been ended because of two reasons. Money... and then the Djed Storm.

He had only enough money to get sufficient supplies to return home, and of course the storm had made him worry about Zeltiva; and then he just started.missing home. The journey had thought to end there, until soon after he got home of course. No house was left, and thus began a new one he planned to have with Odis. Until that night came, and his dog saved him.

Tel was at a lost for words at this part of the story, hearing how Odis charged at the pirates leg and managed to get him away, it didn't originally sound like the happy docile dog she remembered. Then again Odis was always protective about his master, and therefore it made sense that he would've done what he did. She actually cried a bit hearing the end of it, stating the very same thing Ricky usually would; the bastard deserved it.

His story ended there. It had been an entire bell and half of another when they noticed the time, and the both couldn't help but laugh as they enjoyed each others company.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Yesterday Is Gone

Postby Ricky Maze on February 26th, 2013, 7:32 pm

"Tell me Ricky," Telion looked at him curiously, "Now that you're back and out of the hole; what is it you plan on doin next?"

"Ah well that's the thing," Ricky leaned forward a bit with a determined grin, "First off I'm gonna get me a new house. Whether it be built from scratch or I just get a different one I honestly dunno, but a new house is first on the agenda." He nodded and Telion just giggled.

"What next?" She quizzed with a smile.

"Next eh? That'll be the part where I take care o' my friends. That way I can be there when they all need me." His smile was warm and Telion looked at him curious once again.

"You mean you don't want a family?" It was a random question Ricky didn't expect, one that threw him off for a few ticks.

"Well yeah. My friends are pretty much my family, as for a family..." His voice trailed off as he began to wonder.

"A family with kids?" Tel finished and lured his attention back to the question.

"Well its somethin I could look forward to, if anybody for me is out there that ends up feelin the same way." He admitted with a loose smile, the idea of raising his own children someday sounded exciting; the only thing was he hadn't really found such a person to devote that much time with.

Telion smiled again and took a sip from her mug of water, Ricky didn't recognize the slight blush that appeared in her face however. The two spent further time reminiscing about the old days, when she ran the stall and he supplied her. Such a time felt ancient now, but at the same time it was like it happened just yesterday. Given the fact everything else that happened this winter seemed like a horrid nightmare of course. So much had indeed changed since Ricky was gone, but at the same time he changed as well.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Yesterday Is Gone

Postby Ricky Maze on February 26th, 2013, 11:06 pm

The both of them had a lot to be caught up on, but the amount of time they spent made it all seem like they'd already been through it all. Their stories was all the more reason for Ricky to be happy to be here, now in the midst of a time that seemed ever more different. It was amazing how change came dramatically, but the both of them felt they were still the same. Well almost anyway.

Now that Ricky thought about it the time they spent together was a time that felt like any other. Simple even in the hardest of times. It was strange to have that feeling again, but talking with Telion made him feel at home once more. Only one thing was missing from the picture, but it was something that made that time worth remembering. Now? Now was the time to be living.

Ricky and Tel gave their goodbye for the day, both had made plans to spend another lunch together when time allowed. After they parted their seperate ways it felt different for Ricky; as if though he didn't wish to say goodbye, or rather it was to soon. However odd and different it was he didn't think ill of it, nor any real thought to it. It had been a while since he felt such a welcome feeling, it allowed him to know that inside he was still a human.

The point he thought about was that yesterday is the past, its a time that has gone by and left only its memory. What we do with that memory is up to us, whether we realize it or not. As he wondered about it now he thought to himself, 'Yesterday may be gone, but tomorrow is just another day. Right now I just need to live in today, while I prepare for tomorrow.' He smiled. Tomorrow will come surely, but for now he would live for today.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Yesterday Is Gone

Postby Cataclysm on April 28th, 2013, 4:06 am

Ricky :
Experience

Storytelling 2
    Socialization 2
    Philosophy 1
    Observation 2

Lore Earned
    Stories of past events
    Seeing how much a friend has changed

Sweet short thread. Pretty good summary of Ricky's adventures.

Safety comes in the oddest forms

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
Free to moderate whenever/whatever. 0 people on the waiting list. My office Extra!
Cataclysm
Beware of tall brush

Words: 22092
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 9:10 am
Race: Staff account
Office