Wild Streets - Spring/Summer 510(ALL Beggars, Thieves, Etc)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Eris on October 8th, 2010, 12:06 am

Eris suppressed a shiver at the sight of the man’s smile. She had the distinct feeling that she had either avoided a whole lot of trouble or created even more of it for herself.

“Very well,” she replied, standing as well. As irrational as it sounded, Eris felt a bit hesitant to give up the documents. After all, she had worked for them. Don’t be an idiot. For once, the voice in her head was perfectly correct in its assessment of her mental state. Eris handed Ran the papers, feeling drained.

She would await her assignment in the morning. She would also berate herself for agreeing to go along with this stranger’s plans. But all of that would happen in the morning when her head would be clear of conflicting, buzzing thoughts. At the moment, all Eris wanted to do was go back to her room at the inn and drop dead into bed.
Eris
...in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock...

Words: 171398
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 1:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on October 16th, 2010, 6:10 am

"Hello Murdoch, I trust the gods have been keeping you well?" The knight, Thomas as Doc already knew, smiled warmly as he nodded, his gaze was not directly soley on Murdoch however, instead it was jumping in between Doc and the Stall he had been standing near before his little theft attempt. Thomas, ignoring most of the small talk questions that were hurled at him, merely motioned to the previously visited tall with his chin.

"Have you noticed anything strange about that salesman over there, right by your spill with that charming gal? The one with the linens. Kannen here thought he heard... What was it you said he was talking about?" Kannen, as if snapping to attention at the knights word, hesitated a moment, before looking over towards the stall.

"It was the seller sir. He mentioned something about selling the cloth for so cheap. I 'eard a few days ago of a woman being robbed of her goods. I believe those might be the ones." Whether Doc continued through with his plan to place the emptied (mostly) purse into the boy's pocket or not, the lack of attention drawn to him would easily allow it, or not to. Thomas again spoke.

"Right, well I'll keep an eye on it. Say, Murdoch, you would have noticed if something strange was going on over there right? I mean, I thought I saw you looking over the items." Thomas glanced back at Murdoch, now expecting a response from the man.

OCCI'm sorry, I'm tired, low on spare time, and my brain isn't thinking up anything good. I hope this is alright for now. I'll do better later, promise.

[/frame]
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Words: 281278
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2010, 6:57 pm
Race: Staff account
Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Murdoch on October 26th, 2010, 3:11 am

Doc, finding that his own actions weren't at all the point of interest of the conversation, neatly slipped the purse (and the rest of the coins that were in it) back into a pocket.

He glanced over his shoulder only marginally, looking not at the stall in question but at the stall two spots down for it, catching the seller in his periphery rather than pointing and staring as the other two were so blatently doing.

"He has some damned good prices, I'll give you that," he murmured, shrugging a little as if it weren't of much concern to him, "but I wouldn't say whether or not he stole them. Nothing looked nicked or torn to me, and you usually see a good bit of wear and tear in a batch that's been secreted out. Besides, you'd have to be daft to try and sell stolen goods right under the nose of the Knights," he chuckled, giving Thomas and Kannan a smile that clearly said Hey, not everyone's a smart cookie, but most of 'em aren't dumb either, it's probably just nothing at all. All of which was true, though Doc was quite sure that several of the sellers in the Bazaar were selling stolen goods, because he'd passed his bits of bauble on to them personally. He'd learned early in life, though, that the easiest way to disguise something was simply to tell the truth about it.

Besides, Murdoch would be damned if he'd just heard tell of a man who'd be willing to fence stolen goods, and then watch that man be dragged off to the Tank. There was a good deal of money to be made in silks, heavy as they were to carry around. Not to mention the added bonus of having one of the Knights' snitches identified.

"If you want, I can keep my ears open for the next few days, let you know if I come across anything untoward," he offered.
Murdoch
Player

Words: 128476
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 11:59 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Dusk on October 26th, 2010, 3:18 am

Seasonal XP

Eris
XP Award: Larceny: 2 XP, Rhetoric: 2 XP
Lore Award: Contact (Ran), Existence of Syliran Underworld
Ledger: +150 gm for Seasonal Wages
Notes: Fantastic character advancement! For the duration of the Fall, you will be employed by Ran and his shadow organization. As such, you are guaranteed two modded threads with me for the season at the time of your choosing. Otherwise, you are welcome to "assume missions" and self-mod or play them with other PCs. These missions will include things like spying on people, stealing documents or objects, collecting information through rumors or investigation of their living quarters or jobs, and the occasional bit of dirty knife work. However, the majority of these will be more larcenous than murderous. The people you will be asked to kill, injure, threaten, or interrogate using colorful pain techniques will all be criminals, people you can assume are rivals of the Organization that you are involved in. You can make them all up as you go, as your plot will come from the modded threads. If you have any questions throughout the season or need Ran to step into a thread you have in progress somewhere else, just send me a PM. Have fun!

PLEASE NOTE: Finals are over, but summer is eating my soul. As such, as of the end of June I will not be accepting any new quests/modded threads until I finish some of the ones I've already started/agreed to. My apologies for this, but I don't want to be unfair to those who have been waiting for replies!

Dusk's Office - Information on Syliras - Help Desk
Dusk
DS: Syliras and Wildlands

Words: 341560
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2010, 5:33 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1) Thunderspork (1)

Postby Leviathan on November 23rd, 2010, 5:48 am

The knight, Thomas, merely shook his head slowly at Doc's offer. There was really no need to further stalk one of the stall owners, especially not with a simple honest innocent civilian, right? Regardless, the man spoke up, giving his young friend a quick glance that, in itself, seemed to hold the power of scolding. "That won't be necessary. Sorry to bother you Mr. Murdoch. If I get any more tips, I'll investigate it more closely myself. Thank you for your time." With his piece said, Thomas returned his gaze to surfing the crowded Bazaar, his eyes like a hawk's, preying on the villainous, devious, cold-hearted, and dishonest. It was quite ironic that the man in front of him was one of those very people he was searching for. Quite Ironic indeed.
Bad News Everybody. School is picking up, Exams are beginning to happen, homework is growing time consuming, I may soon be evicted from my apartment, I'm dealing with severe and physical fights among several of my best friends, and I can't seem to find a time to get much needed sleep. I'm terribly sorry, but don't expect to see much of me for a long while.
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Leviathan on November 25th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Seasonal Award

Murdoch
XP Award
Seduction - +1
Larceny - +1
Observation - +1
Rhetoric - +1
Lore
The Perfect Prey
Fooling the Law
How to Catch a Snitch
Ledger
+150 gm - Seasonal Wage
Leviathan
Adapt, Migrate, or Die

Character sheet
Office
Scrapbook

Previous