Open And so, an adventure begins.

Simply a common day in Mizahar. Or is it?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

And so, an adventure begins.

Postby Nost on March 3rd, 2013, 3:31 am

4th day of Spring, 513 AV

Nost was ready to go. He had some materials prepared for this project, bought some weeks ago, in the General store.
He used to buy there, since Halabin, the store clerk,
was friend of his father, and Nost knew him since he was just a little boy.

"Time to actually practice what I've learned" He thought, as he was reaching
the door of his humble house, the place he called home.
- Oops, I almost forgot it!
He returned to his bed, right before he rotated the doorknob.
His most appreciated possession was still laying in there, and it was required to continue with Nost's plan.

"Guide to Mathematics and Gadgeteering" was the title of the book his father gave him before his tragic death.
Now, the path of his father was his objective.
But, he needed practice before he could do that.

Leaving his house, his feet started walking to the Cerulean pier, almost subconsciously, knowing he would get certain inspiration there.
He kept walking until he reached his destination, sitting down in the edge, and then started working.
It was a simple model of a wooden toy he was working on, but it was really appropriated for practicing.

Secret :

Picking the necessary resources for this job, he started by carving the wood the way he needed for his project to function correctly.

In his journal, there were annotations, drawings and blueprints, necessary for this and many other projects he had in his mind. He searched the one with
the caterpillar toy, and followed the instructions made by himself, some time ago

There was something about the sea, something, magical.
A feeling of inspiration and calm always came from it.
After all, Nost was a Zeltivan. They were people of the sea.

The season had ended recently, and the view was outstanding. It was time for the sunset, so the light rays coming from the sun were orange-colored.
The sky was clear, except for that kind of clouds that just make the
scene more majestic.
It was one of the most beautiful things he had seen in his life.

There was this strange feeling. His life was about to change.
Nost
Player

Words: 16482
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2013, 7:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on March 3rd, 2013, 7:44 am

Ricky had much to think abour right now, there was a lot that went running through his mind for the past few days. For reasons unknown he had met a woman, a sassy one too nonetheless, who seemed actually interested in him. Why that was so was a big mystery he couldn't figure out, but even more there was the thoughts of yesterday. Sure enough his new policy to look forward instead of back applied here as well, but when you learn something you don't fully understand just a day ago it tends to stick around.

Thus Ricky decided to go on a walk, wearing his short sleeve shirt and cotton jacket to keep the wind chill left behind by winter. Spring was indeed here and it would soon be the time for just a shirt, although Ricky preferred the idea of wearing a vest once again. The thought of a loose sleeveless clothing like that made him miss his old vest, alas time must ruin everything it touches every great once in a while.

Ricky was glad to welcome the new season, it was a new start in this endless world; a fresh new leaf to turn over really. Winter was like the Void for him most of the time, and the looming plague didn't make matters any better. Now he was better and able to cope, all his friends were on his mind as well as in his heart. He would not forget the kindness and help they all brought to him.

He did however forget to keep his mind focused on his path, and in short his foot tapped against a wooden object; slightly kicking it towards a young man.

Aw petch, sorry bout that lad!" He spoke humble and sincere, as he knelt down to see if he had done any real damage to the wood he accidentally booted.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ayatah on March 3rd, 2013, 9:06 pm

Spring bought about a welcome bit of warmth for Ayatah, though Zeltiva was still far too cold for her, compared to the jungle city of Taloba from which she had come. But the worse of the winter chill had vanished, and along with it, those damned winds.

The new season had also bought about a new home for Ayatah. Since she was no longer a student of the university, she had had to move out from the accommodation there (something that Ayatah was rather pleased to do). She had thus moved from the university and to the World’s End Grotto. The room was clean, fairly spacious, and really quite pleasant for the money.

Of course, not all changes were -- pleasant. Ayatah had come to Zeltiva to attend the university, and she had done that. There was a question left on her mind: Now what? She had done was she had come to do; she had learnt about her father’s people, but what was there left to do? Somewhat stupidly, she had not planned what she would do when she had finished her university course.

So Ayatah of the Scattered Bones had ventured out of the inn, to clear her mind. It was far too easy for a person to become lost in his or her own thoughts and concerns, and at least in Ayatah’s case, such thinking was not helpful. Strangely, her little bird - Kiwi the Sun Conure - had decided to join his owner in her walk. The bird sat upon Ayatah’s shoulder, though sometimes clambered (entirely ungracefully) down her chest or arms, leaving little pricks where his claws had been. She certainly turned a few heads as she walked down the street; she was a person of the cannibalistic and savage Myrian people. And yet… She came across as much less aggressive with an orange-and-yellow parakeet on her shoulder.

”You're ruining my street cred.” She muttered to the little bird, who merely squawked loudly in her ear and ruffled his feathers.

”Aw petch, sorry bout that lad!"

She recognized that voice, though it took Ayatah a while to attach the right name to it. Still, she stepped towards the man who had spoken, an easy smile breaking her lips.

”Ricky..?” She said carefully, watching the familiar male carefully. Ayatah had a habit of calling people the wrong name; and it tended to make for awkward situations.

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Last edited by Ayatah on March 3rd, 2013, 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nost on March 3rd, 2013, 10:07 pm

Nost's creation made sudden movement, before reaching his originator.
'Aw petch! Sorry 'bout that lad'

Nost listened the voice of a man. He had never met him.
"It's... it's fine". His legs streched, standing his body up.
"Nothing happened, it was just an accident". Nost was making an effort being friendly, after all, the man apologized.

"My name is..." This phrase was interrupted by the arrival of a new face.

There was a lady behind them. She approached the man who kicked the toy.
'Ricky...' She said, softly, almost if as she was unsure
of what she was going to say.
A small, colorful bird was sitting in her shoulder. It looked certainly exotic, as well as the girl.
Ricky... Apparently that's his name.

The materials were still in the ground, so Nost sat down again, and picked them up. He decided to draw the scene, since it seemed like these people needed to talk to each other.
Nost
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on March 4th, 2013, 12:44 am

"It's... it's fine." The young lad stood on his feet, and although relief was in Ricky's expression there still was a bit of guilt. "Nothing happened, it was just an accident. My name is..." A familiar voice happen to cut off the boy, one that Ricky could remember the face of but not the name exactly.

”Ricky..?” He turned to face Ayatah and his eyes slightly bulged with surprise, for it had been almost an entire season since they had finally spoke. The tough trials of winter had demanddd his attention in full that he literally hadn't the time to see her as much.

"Yer uh," He took a moment to recall her name, the only introduction they ever had being one that happened quite some time ago. 'Shyke I know her name! Come on now its gotta be..' He snapped as he concentrated on recalling, "I know it, its in my head somewhere! Yer... Finally it came to him and he snapped his fingers with entusiasm. "Ayatah! That's it. How ya been?" He smiled and glanced over to the young lad next to him. "Oh right, where are my petchin manners eh? Names Ricky, and this good lady would be Ayatah." He introduced to the lad, a friendly expression that waited to hear the name of the young man.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ayatah on March 4th, 2013, 9:29 pm

"Ayatah! That's it. How ya been?"

Relief flashed through Ayatah’s expression - she had said the right name, and even better, it seemed that Ricky had not been too sure of her own name either. If there was one social blunder that Ayatah had become all too familiar with, it was when one person could remember another’s same, but the latter had no clue who the former was.

She nodded politely to the younger male, a tight smile on her lips. Being a Myrian in Zeltivs was bareable so long as Ayatah did not act too overbearing, or even friendly (she had once been told that her smile looked like a dog baring its teeth. Lovely.)

”Open the door!”

The muffled words turned a few heads of passerby’s, frowning in confusion. But it had not been Ayatah that had spoken, but the small bird that clung to her chest. Kiwi had a limited vocabulary; one that consisted of commands such as ‘open the door’, ‘close the door’, and more recently, ‘cherries!’. However, like a mother who recognizes the many cries of her baby, Ayatah was beginning to become familiar with Kiwi’s many meaning behind his few words. She bought her hand up to the bird, which hopped onto her fingers obligingly. Then he turned around, staring into the faces of the two men that stood before him and his owner.

”This… is… my bird. Kiwi.” Ayatah mumbled, as if embarrassed.

I should be astride a Myrian tiger, not sharing my company with a greedy parakeet.

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Nost on March 6th, 2013, 4:09 am

"Open the door".

A giggle came from the mouth of Nost as the parakeet pronounced
this words, yet it was extinguished quickly, since he thought that
would not be polite.

Nost was quite embarrased. The least he could do was to stand up
and present himself.

"My... my name is Nost". He said, softly, but firmly and loud enough to be
heard.

He was suddenly curious about the bird.

"That's a parakeet, right? They are quite rare, This is the first time I see one!"
This words were pronounced fast, with enthusiasm. Nost had forgotten about
his diffidence and changed it for inquisitiveness. Afterwards, he realized what he was a little too close of what the girl would prefer, so he went backwards.

"S... sorry about that". This phrase was articulated, but could have barely been heard.

Nost ended up looking at his feet, ashamed
like a kid who is being scolded by his parents for some devilry commited.

I ruined it again, didn't I?
Nost
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on March 6th, 2013, 5:44 pm

”Open the door!” Squawked a voice Ricky didn't expect to hear, the orange and yellow bird was a speciman Ricky himself hadn't personally encountered before. The thought of owning a talking parakeet had some appeal to it, but then again the idea of an original pirate came to mind. The kind that had squawking parrots that, like their masters, wore a eye patch and quoted every command the captain gave. The idea brought a chuckle out of Ricky.

”This… is… my bird. Kiwi.” Ayatah introduced him with little fondness it seemed, for she didn't look very accustomed to having a small animal on her shoulder. It certainly gave Ricky a different impression about her, considering the background she came from. Alas he wondered how she was getting along with the city, but before he could ask the young man finally introduced himself.

"My... my name is Nost". He was soft spoken, which already Ricky led to the impression that Nost was the quiet type. Timid when it came to others, and didn't really spend a lot of time out doors. Ricky wagered this anyway, but held a friendly smile in place to warm the introduction.

"That's a parakeet, right? They are quite rare, This is the first time I see one!" He was excited. Interested and curious which led to him getting a bit close to Ayatah, but he then drew back before he even examined Kiwi any further. "S... sorry about that".

'Aye. The poor lad probably isn't out as much as I thought. Ricky thought to himself in silence. He wasn't sure how to ease the anxious vibe that came from Nost, but he had a inkling that the bird would help a bit. "Aye lad ye gettin all excited bout a brightly colored bird, I can't honestly tell what ye apologizin for." He remarked with a grin, as he looked to Ayatah. "Kiwi. Now that's a terrifyin name," He teased Ayatah, "Is he a brave companion that'll watch yer back?" He kept a humble smile, the friendly mood he was in hopefully rubbing off on the two.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ohirin on March 7th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Ohirin was walking through Zeltiva, as he often does. He spent half of his time in Zeltiva doing grunt work and labor unpacking the ships that made the majority of the cities economy.However; on this day he saw something that was not very common, even in the port city. It was a small, brightly colored bird who could speak. Ohirin saw the bird and heard a murmur of speech that almost certainly came from the bird. It didn't take long for Ohirin to get within earshot of the group, just long enough that he heard the taller of the two men introduce themselves.

"My... my name is Nost."

The one that called himself Nost was taller than Ohirin but had no other size to him. What an odd man, Ohirin thought most people his height look to put on a lot of muscle, or something.

Ohirin walked slowly towards the group of people, trying to figure out the relations in this group. The tall man, Nost looked out of his element, but the shorter one looked as if this was a common thing for him and the woman looked embarrassed, although Ohirin could not understand why.
Speech
Common-Pavi
Ohirin
Player

Words: 16911
Joined roleplay: February 9th, 2013, 3:45 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Ayatah on March 7th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Kiwi differed from his own in one major way (apart from being a different species, of course). He absolutely loved attention, and especially adored being the center of it all. So when Nost watched him so carefully, the little bird clicked and coo’d appreciatively. Ayatah, however, was not quite so comfortable.

”Ye-s… He is a Sun Conure.” She smiled politely to the young man, though could not help but feel a little relieved when he backed away. It was so uncommon for city-dwellers to get so close, although it did make her a little optimistic that she was no longer perceived as a savage. Perhaps feathers will be fashionable this year… She thought, bringing a finger to Kiwi, which is nibbled fondly.

"Kiwi. Now that's a terrifyin name. Is he a brave companion that'll watch yer back?"

Ricky’s words aroused a grin from Ayatah, and she snorted with laughter. ”Of course. He’s ferocious, see?” The bird chirped delightedly, fluffed his feathers and eyeballed the men around him. ”It’s just a matter of time before he strikes.”

Her attention was distracted by a new stranger: yet another male. This was one also tall, towering over Ayatah, but was an entirely different body shape to Nost. Even Kiwi seemed intimidated by this new guy’s weight and muscle; the bird fluttered into the air, wings beating lazily but enough to make him an equal height to this newcomer’s face.

Then again, perhaps the bird is just as awkward as me…

Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next