OOC Info [Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Feel free to post any and all OOC chatter for Riverfall and Cyphrus here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Postby Gossamer on March 4th, 2013, 6:48 am

Welcome to the Riverfall OOC. Use this thread to communicate with your fellow players and moderators! Ask questions, organizing events, plan threads, and post up ideas. It is strong suggested that this forum is subscribed to by everyone who plays within the city, as it is the easiest way to keep up-to-date with events!

Riverfall is a dynamic city made up of a whole host of races united under the watchful protective eye of the Akalaks who built the city. Please respect the theme and understand that Riverfall has a diversity of role playing opportunities and changes to gain insight into your character.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

[Riverfall] The Edge Of The World

Postby Gossamer on March 4th, 2013, 6:49 am

Hello Rivarians!

As you know its offically Happy New Year on MIzahar. Riverfall kicks off the season with the Valterrian Survival Festival. Anyone wanting to participate can post a thread up for it. Or you can do threads revolving around it. A complete description of the Festival is located in the Codex under holidays.

We have a new Events Calendar and Seasonal Challenges! Feel free to utilize this for your thread ideas. That should give you plenty to do in Riverfall this season. Work solo, work in teams, ask for a mod's assistance. It's all good fun. :)

And if you are owed seasonal wages, completed the thread challenge for last season and want a medal, etc. Please turn your requests in at the proper places. Wage requests go in the wage thread in the Behind The Waterfall Forum. If you are on the list already and I think you've active, you don't need to do anything, just sit tight and I'll pay you. If you are not on the list you will need to post to get on the list.

Seasonal Challenge requests go into the Moderation and grading request.

Any and all questions can be directed at me! Let me know if you need any help or have any concerns. We're here to help with anything you might need. Happy writing and here's to wishing everyone has a great spring!

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

[Riverfall] The Edge Of The World

Postby Gossamer on March 4th, 2013, 6:49 am

Hi Folks!

Be sure you register in the new Character Registry thread for Spring 513. I need everyone in charge of their own CS's and making sure they are updated. Because if you are in RF you need to be registered. We'll ask you to do so if you are not. And also, if you register we'll be looking over your CS's for updated info. If your CS's aren't updated you can't get your threads graded!

If you have any questions let me know. I should be posting the big Spring Quest sometime tomorrow. So be ready. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on March 4th, 2013, 7:18 am

Hi Rivarians!

Just a few housekeeping notes for you.

As you might have noticed, I started a new OOC thread because the old one was starting to lag in loading just for the sheer volume of posts. I think its always a great thing when its time to switch a thread out because one has gotten too long from use.

... from use.

That means USE this thread. Say good morning when you log on. Post funny pics for the city to enjoy. Make comments. Point out awesome posts. Bug people to come thread with you or to post for you. Ask questions! Show love. Be busy. This is a place to have fun and spread some city unity.

Speaking of unity, we're starting on a region wide project where we are going to be linking some NPCs, giving them their own storylines, and inviting you to partake in the world we're going to try to ramp up and flesh out to a whole new level. You might have noticed that I've started a massive NPC library with filecards in the Behind the Waterfall thread. You are welcome to develop NPCs for that project anytime you want. Those with storylines are even more deeply encouraged and met with enjoyment. If you get the urge to write one up, remember, we REWARD for development here with the Perk Store. Just ask some of those who already enjoy points in the store. If you don't understand how the store works, go check it out. There is a clear cut explaination in the thread. However, in a nutshell, each development issue you work on you get points for. We save up points in the Perks Center. And when you decide you've earned enough for something you want on the list, you 'buy' it with your points. Then, in thread you can manifest that item without a moderator getting involved. Items vary by type, size, cost, and magical influence.

So spread some NPC joy. If you have an NPC submission, post the NPC filecard here: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic27031.html

And with that, I hope everyone has a great week!
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on March 4th, 2013, 7:28 am

Hello Rivarians!

Since its almost Monday, lets start the week out right. I'd really love it if you all would pick one or two people in Riverfall to single out in this thread and let everyone know why they make you smile.

I'm going to pick the entire Cyphrus Storyteller Team (and Falyndar's who are decidedly our partners in crime) as my targets (victims?). They have absolutely been amazing today with their help in The Spires. And they have plans to continue on tomorrow by jumping over to Sunberth and helping out there.

Who makes you smile?
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Leo Varniak on March 4th, 2013, 8:35 am

First!

Rosela made me smile for redesigning her spring line based on Leo's advice. Double smile for accepting advice from someone who didn't know what a size 32 was. :) When you get rich... The donation booth is down the corridor on the right!
Leo Varniak
It was a pleasure to burn

Words: 426121
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2009, 7:23 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (2)
Donor (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rosela on March 4th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Oh, you're just too much, thank you thank you! ^_^

I was actually going to thank you in here, for giving both me and Rosela new insight into what these crazy warriors will actually wear.

And that reply I owe you is still coming, I swear...

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kavala on March 4th, 2013, 5:25 pm

"You are someone's reason to smile."

Loken makes me smile. It's not often you meet a new player who has an amazing ability to write and a willingness to fit into a group of strangers with such ease and such dignity. I look forward to seeing what's under his quiet stoic 'Stranger' mask. And I am eager to seeing how his interaction with our PC's changes our PCs, which I know will happen.
The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Uopa on March 5th, 2013, 4:10 pm

I came across this gorgeous image today and immediately thought of Riverfall. I figured it couldn't hurt to share it here. Perhaps it will inspire those who are stuck behind a block. Have a great day, my fellow Rivarians!
Uopa
The Girl Who Plays with Glass!

Words: 50559
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2012, 3:04 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Uopa on March 6th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Just some Akalak inspiration for the day. Happy writing, my fellow Rivarians!
Uopa
The Girl Who Plays with Glass!

Words: 50559
Joined roleplay: March 18th, 2012, 3:04 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next