Completed Spirits... And Mages? (Clyde)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Spirits... And Mages? (Clyde)

Postby Noaru on March 6th, 2013, 8:44 am

5th of Spring 513. A.V.

The moon was full, illuminating what area's it could within Ravok with its wondrous rays. The street was uninhabited, nothing scurried about--even the thieves and murderers known for their prowling at moments like these were absent! The silent and dead air would not help in comforting any unlucky traveler who lingered during this particular night; one would deem this emptiness a sign that something wicked walked about the streets, creating this unwelcoming atmosphere as it remained hidden within the shadows or darker unforeseen places.

A familiar fog lingered just inches from the earth which hid the streets from the weary eyes of those awake at this hour, it was ten at night and usually when some souls would be still out... none could be seen.Surely, there was something dwelling within the shadows, taking advantage of the ''haunted-night'' to fuel the fear factors around it? The odds of one creature worse than a human to be out at this hour was slim but the chance or there being many dark entities and beings was high!

There would be no soul that dwelled within the darkness who would want to miss this glorious night. The chance to prowl unnoticed was high, snatching a victim even better but no man-eating creature was present here~ No, only one wandering soul hid within the darkness this night, watching intently from the shadow cast from the mass of the building next to him.
Last edited by Noaru on May 17th, 2013, 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 6th, 2013, 8:14 pm

58 Spring 513

Clyde was heading home, a bit late. He walked along alone, except for his dog Rye at his side, ever faithful, and his staff in hand, making a thunk on the ground every few steps. Well, ground being relative in the floating city of Ravok, really the wooden walkways floating upon lake Ravok, instead of soil or dirt as on land.

He had been working late at the institute, having stayed late after a class, gone by the library, and then helped out a fellow student with a project for a short while... So now, he was ready to get home, and go to bed.

Perhaps if he had been a bit less tired, he would have noticed the atmosphere of Ravok at the moment... Might have noticed the silence, or the light of the moon overhead...

As he walked along, Clyde did not pay much attention, letting his guard dog Rye notice any threats... For while Clyde had at best abysmal vision, his dog Rye was a special breed, that could see quite well in the darkness and shadows, was even bred for it, and able to slink through darkness unseen better even than some shadowy beasts, blending right in.

Of course, its infravision relied upon heat to see, and was able to see things simply by the heat they emanated... But what kind of creature might be out and about, that did not give off heat?
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Noaru on March 10th, 2013, 9:37 am

Noaru remained and was as quiet as the night itself--motionless, he observed the dark world around him and saw nothing but beauty! A soul would only see the world at night as eerie and cold but this was where he was at his strongest. The darkness hid him from those who would potentially harm him while at the same time gave him an advantage over those particular enemies. The spirit was hidden within the shadow of a building; moonlight shined in front of him, almost as if inviting him to step into it! But this ''stage light'' remained empty as the spirit was reluctant to allow the light to touch him this night.... as someone was approaching.

“ Tears unyielding, a raindrop shields the eyes of despaired fields.’’

Noaru spoke out loud seemingly to some unknown unseen stranger other than Clyde; he spoke loud enough that he would be able to be heard but not seen; lurking he remained in his spot, sensing the presence that was slowly but gradually approaching where he was hiding. The spirit did not intend on doing anything to aggressive; though, those unique characters that take a swing at him do appear occasionally and he wasn't sure if the stranger approaching was one of these characters.

“.... ’’

A tense atmosphere developed within the area, Noaru was being to materialize, his dark attributes would be truly noticed here and would mostly like be unable to be unnoticed. The anticipation, he waited for the moment to appear! Instantly, he would surprise the soul walking in the cold street and speculated that many interesting things would develop~
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 10th, 2013, 2:15 pm

Clyde had been walking along, when he heard some words from nowhere, as if upon the wind itself... He looked about, but did not see anyone... And Rye seemed unfazed, which meant he did not see anyone near... Who the petch could avoid even his gaze?

"Hello? Is someone there?"

He looked about... For a moment, he thought the voice had been in his head... But no, he had not been casting magic today, surely he had not... It had to be something though... And he was not crazy... Surely not... He froze though as he looked down at Rye, who had also stopped, his back high, and his head searching... Something had put Rye off...

Clyde looked around in the spot he was standing in, but did not see anything... But he did suddenly get a cold feeling down the nape of his neck... Which had nothing to do with the night air, which was not even frigid...

He looked a bit closer, and saw into a shadowy bit of landscape... What was that in there... For a moment, he had thought he had seen motion, or a silhouette even... But now that he looked closer, it was gone.

He stared at the space, in which unknowingly to Clyde a ghost did inhabit... Wondering what he had seen there... Had it been some trick of the light, or some instance of his mage vision, coming out? That did happen... Though it was hard to say what instance of it it was... Sometimes he sensed things by a brush on his aura... And also at times his small bit of experience with ghosts helped him to see things... But what was it in this case?

"I said show yourself! If you are there, do so, it is only polite."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Noaru on March 14th, 2013, 12:47 am

A quiet cold creeps from the area the spirit was occupying, it was probably uncommon for such a dramatic temperature in Ravok, it was spring and yet... this chill carried the very essence of winter. There was only a haze of black that emerged from the shadows, it carried the coldness of death with it! The haze floated distances away from Clyde in constant movement like some sort of flame, it body swirling and swaying but unlike a flame it remained in a single spot rather than spreading wildly in all directions.

“ ’’

Noaru could feel the essence of life! A human at this hour? He approached Clyde, moving gracefully through the air all the while hiding what features that what distinguish him as being a violent and aggressive entity. The spirit chose a different approach of course, keeping the dark and cold atmosphere around him while playing the lonely, innocent and sorrow stricken ghost. When he was close enough for Clyde to hear his voice clearly; he spoke quietly, keeping a calm and soothing tone while trying not to raise suspicion in the young mage.

“I felt the presence of someone near me and I thought you were that spiritist.’’

Noaru didn't intend to harm Clyde, as he could somehow feel that the mortal was different and anything that defied normality, he could not harm it! The dog was an animal that could move faster than a human and sense various other things that humans could not, it had probably became suspicious of him the moment he appeared.

Note: Sorry about the wait, things got pretty busy here. :confused:
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 14th, 2013, 3:07 am

Clyde finally had something to set his eyes on... A blurry haze of a shape, not fully formed... But he had that same tingle on the base of his spine... And as he looked at it... Had a face just appeared for a moment? It had only been a split second. Was that his doing, or had the thing he was looking at done that? It was hard to tell for him, which was his own magic at work, and which was just happening...

However soon enough it began to come closer, and as it did it became more clear, Clyde could see its human shape, arms, legs, a head... It appeared for all purposes to be a normal ghost.

When he finally got close though... His words confused him... He had felt the presence of someone... and thought he was "that spiritist"? Who exactly was this spiritist he was referring to?

"That spiritist? Who is this spiritist you mistook me for? I don't know of to many around these parts. And who by the way, are you?"

As the ghost finally got close, Rye began to glare at it, but kept just short of a growl... Clearly though the animal was unnerved by this appearance of a ghost, and only its training kept it from either running at or away from this spirit.

"I am Clyde. Clyde Sullins, by the way. It is not to often I meet a ghost in Ravok."

Clyde did his best to be cordial, and nice to the ghost. After all, if he could get a ghost on his side, without having to fight or argue, wasn't that preferable? Surely it was.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Noaru on March 17th, 2013, 10:35 pm

There was no physical surprise, intrigue or fear? Noaru felt a bit disappointed, he wanted to at least see some sort of startled or surprised behavior from the human: maybe, this was another soul that just wasn't surprised by spirits and ghost which was just no fun! The spirit levitated back a bit, creating some distance between him and Clyde then began to speak once more, keeping the same tone of voice and behavior like before.

“ D... Don't worry about that spiritist the humans crazy and doesn't deserve company from another! The damned soul deserves to rot both mentally and physically.’’

Noaru failed miserably in trying to surprised Clyde but he wasn't even trying really hard to begin with; noticing that he was a bit out of practice and would need to get back to his ''roots'' which meant he would need to go back to scaring and tormenting souls like he did in the beginning. The spirit took notice in the dog, it glared at him and he fixated his eyes upon the beast, giving it an intense arresting gaze.

“ I'am Noaru... and there are quite a few ghosts in this city, look in the most abandoned places... you can find them there~’’
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 18th, 2013, 12:25 am

Clyde was intrigued by these next words... He was fairly certain the spirit was lying about something, though it was a bit more difficult to tell such things with ghosts as compared to living beings.

Though he almost smiled, as the ghost had let slip another fact, about the person he was refusing to mention... She was a human. Of course, that did not narrow it by much, most in Ravok were human. But every little bit he noticed helped.

It was also quite certain that he did not like this spiritist, had something gone badly in dealing with her? It was a bit hard for him to say, as he did not know the circumstances of it, so he could only wonder. Of course, he only knew of one other spiritist, as they were not to common in general, or in Ravok. Clyde had met Aello, who he knew had dealings with ghosts, but what were the odds this was the same person.

"Really, sounds like you hate this person. Could you not at least tell me their name? Perhaps I know of them? Though if you feel that strongly against them, surely there is some story to it."

Clyde took a moment to scratch Rye on the head, seeing that the ghost was so interested in him. Noura...

"Nice to meet you Noaru. And I was not saying there are no ghosts in Ravok, I have met some before, I just meant it is not to common to run into them. It is always a unique experience when I do run into one. Though I have to say, some are better than others. And some are... Well have been unpleasant. But I am sure this will not be one of those cases."

"Have you met many other ghosts and spiritists in your time in Ravok?"
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Noaru on April 5th, 2013, 1:03 am

“I know not this malevolent beings name.All I know she's probably named pure evil! ’’

Noaru was starting to have a little fun! Maybe, he could toy with the young mage for a little while and burn off most of the excessive night excitement he kept bottled up inside him; he pressed a little bit more, trying to see how much further he can deceive Clyde before being exposed or exposing himself by laughing maniacally at his own lies and fables about a super female spiritist that does exist. On the instant that his little tale is true, he would be able to feel that individual approaching and avoid that person, as being held captive isn't a good theme he likes to uphold.

“I've only met a few ghosts but only one was truly interesting, as for spiritists other than the one currently chasing me, none at all. ’’

Noaru almost exposed a small grin upon his face, he had to keep cool or the fun will end to abruptly. The human needed to catch onto the devious acts of his deeds or not all, Noaru thought as he laughed like a psychopath inside his mind.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 5th, 2013, 11:40 pm

Clyde wondered for a moment, over his words... Aello, was a she... And he was fairly certain she was a strong spiritist. How else would she have known one as strong as the spirit he had been controlled by... And he did not ever want to meet one such as it again... It had been scary strong.

"Well, I do know of one that you might be thinking of, which I have met in Ravok before. She was a spiritist, a fairly strong one I believe, though I did not know she had any ghostly foes. Living ones, I am fairly certain she does, since a assassin was sent after her, which I ended up killing when I was possessed by a spirit friend of hers, a strong one. Well, killing is a weak word... I more... Expunged him from the face of the earth, leaving no trace but a burnt hole and ashes... Is the spiritist you speak of a archer?"

Clyde had not realized that the ghost was making things up. Perhaps the fact that he knew just such a spiritist who did exist near Ravok, was the reason. After all, what were the chances, that a lie by chance would be so close to the truth? Though if he was lying, perhaps he would think in turn Clyde was lying and playing along with him, or even trying to trick him?

Either way, Clyde did not yet realize the mans false words.

OOC: Nice new Av, I am a fan of Supernatural also. :)
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next