Completed Spirits... And Mages? (Clyde)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Spirits... And Mages? (Clyde)

Postby Noaru on April 28th, 2013, 6:34 am

“ I don't think so, if she was. I sure wouldn't be in this city! I wouldn't think the fool is that spiritually strong though, you see, feeling or sensing is sort of my thing and a strong spiritual presence belonging to a spiritist is a strong incentive for me to back-away. ’’

The liar, Noaru was beginning to become tired of his own charades and wanted to kick away the staleness, bring the heat up a bit and maybe, he wouldn't need to expose himself, if he's not been to obscure to the point that the human wasn't able to discover his streak of lies. Noaru disappears suddenly and reappears as fast as he disappeared, he gestured Clyde to follow, trying to bring him to a location of interest or somewhere that mite.

“ IF you are interested, follow me! I'll bring you to the soul I speak of so fondly. ’’
Last edited by Noaru on April 30th, 2013, 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 28th, 2013, 6:05 pm

The ghost did not even blink, at hearing Clyde's words of how he had killed a man, and erased him from existence. What kind of person, living or dead, did not wonder for a moment when someone said they could reduce a man to a pile of burnt ash, and leaving only a burnt hole were he once stood?

For all the wrong reasons, Clyde came to the conclusion that there was something wrong with this spirit... Something not on the level... And not to be trusted.

As he continued onward, speaking of presence and strength, he pondered for a moment... He knew of magic a great deal... And this sensing of presences, sounded vaguely like his own Auristics... But he was fairly certain a ghost could not do magic. Or else, why would they have needed to possess him, in order to do a spell, so long ago? That Valteric would simply have cast it, if it could. Another reason for Clyde to believe this ghost was not telling the truth.

As the spirit then offered to bring him to the person he meant, the person he had previously stated he hated, Clyde drew the final conclusion, that this ghost was a liar and deceiver, and not to be trusted.

As he gestured for Clyde to follow, and began to move, Clyde stood stock still, glaring at the ghost.

"Oh really? Is that so? Fancy that." A grin crept across his face, not one of humor or happiness, but of knowing something someone else did not, and of barely suppressed rage. This spirit had sorely underestimated him.

A smile of knowing that he could easily deal with this petty ghost if he needed to, who thought so highly of himself, and had tried to fool Clyde, which had only angered him. Clyde stood at his full height, and slapped his staff on the ground once, to the sound of wood on wood.

"I don't take well to liars, nor to those who try to deceive me. And it is clear that though I have said not but the truth, you have spoken not but lies. I would have you as a friend, and I do not doubt that you would be better off making me an ally. For I am not someone to be tested or tried, and not someone you will enjoy being an enemy of."

Clyde paused for a moment, the grin slipping off of his face, to be replaced by a forced stillness, without emotion.

"So perhaps it is time you began to tell the truth. Don't think you are so invulnerable, just because you are dead and a ghost. You can still feel pain, and I can still teach those a lesson, even one as you, who have earned it. Or did you really think that I was some petty little spiritist, a weak little mage with no greater knowledge or power? You are sorely mistaken."

If nothing else, Clyde conveyed a sense of conviction. He surely believed he was in the position of power here, and that he could squash this spirit like the ant that he was to Clyde.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Noaru on April 29th, 2013, 5:42 am

“ Enemies, friends, foes, allies... deception, truth... and LIES!!! ’’

Noaru disappeared and reappeared several times to greaten the distance between himself and Clyde. The excitement!, his deception, his veil of lies had finally been unveiled and the rage, he could see it so clearly in those glaring eyes. A small chuckled escaped from Noaru's mouth which then turned into maniacal laughter of joy which derived from some sort of sadistic pleasure he held deep within himself. The spirit shrugged in a ''what can you do?'' sort of manner, clearly taunting the already enraged human male~

HA!! Pain such a heavy word to say so casually, Clyde Sullins. All spiritualists are petty, except those who see straight through the lies of spirits and reward them with kindness instead of rage, now who's the fooooool nooooow... who's been the jester and not the king, hm!?’’

Noaru taunted, joked, fooled, poked and stabbed at Clyde with his words! He knew he was probably looking a bit childish at the moment but the response he was looking for had finally appeared~ The spirit's body rose from the ground and remained airborne, as if standing upon the air itself, grinning ever so brightly much like the moon itself. He raised an eyebrow and gave Clyde a judgmental look with his arms folded; he was quiet now, awaiting a response be it a verbal one or physical.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 29th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Clyde just stared, unfazed, as the spirit vanished and reappeared, apparently trying to throw him off. He did nothing in response to such theatrics.

The prior rage boiled beneath the surface, but Clyde made no further outburst, and no sign of lashing out in response to the ghosts taunts.

Clyde smiled for a moment, and then held his hand palm up. While keeping his eyes focused on the spirit, he exuded a gout of gaseous res. With his willpower alone, the res floated to about two feet over Clyde's hand, and then formed into a ball. Then with a thought, the outside of the ball burst into flames.

Clyde smiled at it, then turned back to the ghost. To Noaru, or at least that was what he had called himself. Clyde could not be sure if even that was true.

"Who is the fool. I don't know, let me gather the facts, and summarize them for you."

"One, you assumed falsely, that when I said you thought I was only a petty spiritist, it was to say that I was not. In truth, I am just that. My dealings in spirits have been sparse. But then, it is not were my skill truly lies."

"Two, you assumed I had nothing else to offer. That the said small ability in magic was limited to spiritism. But in truth, nothing could be farther from the truth. The truth, my Noaru, if that is truly your name, lies in arcane arts much more potent than what any spiritist could ever do. Ones in which I am much more skilled, than I am weak in the first."

"Three, you assumed that I was one to back down at the sign of threats and barriers. I am not so easily cowed as the common rabble. I blast down your barriers, and sear threats to the bone, leaving nothing but a puddle of sizzling flesh. Or in your case, a scared little ghost weakened beyond anything they could imagine, unable to lift even a finger, as my magics easily destroys every shred, ever vapor, of soulmist you have, leaving you as a impotent soul bared for all to see, quivering in pain."

Clyde paused for a moment, as his ball of flame floated before him. It would be so easy to toss the fireball, to chase him down with it and burn him. Perhaps it would do him good to be reminded of pain, of such a human feeling.

"Perhaps I am not as good at dealing kindly with rude ghosts, as other spiritists are. But then, perhaps I do not need to be. So what will it be? Would you be an ally to me, and speak the truth, and show the respect I deserve?"

Clyde let off a small flare of flame from the ball, which for a moment dispelled the shadows, and made things much clearer, along with making it much easier to see Noaru, and to see that he was insubstantial.

"Or do you wish to test my words, and feel my wrath, and make yourself my foe? Choose wisely."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Noaru on April 30th, 2013, 1:00 am

Noaru upon seeing the flare of flames which illuminated the darkness and forced the shadows to retreat, saw something in a flash, an image of some sort. The spirit saw himself and an elderly man smiling happily, laughing within a field of lush green grass with a few flower patches in various locations. He snapped back to his senses, rejecting the memory he had just seen, he questioned whether or not it was truly his or was madness finally catching up to him after all these years?

“ I do appreciate you showing me that you are capable of counting and that being a young human with some intelligence are capable of proper insults and deductive skills but still you allowed the emotions within to get the best of you. ’’

Noaru's arms remained folded, observing the ball of flames carefully while barely paying attention to the other words Clyde had spoken. He kept focusing on the flames and remembers some images from flames of the past, huge flames that destroyed everything.... pain, unimaginable pain he remembers causing him to lose focus and his body to flicker. “These damned images, stop appearing within my mind, you are but figments of my imagination! I was never at one point peaceful or truly happy! I've always been this way... I've always been NOARU!!!’’ within his thoughts were these words that distorted his judgement and further darkened his words.

“ I believe you are right. I do need to show souls similar to you some respect by reaching my palms into you're chest and imprisoning the beating heart inside in freezing blackening cold!’’

The decision had been made! The sleeping people of Ravok would awaken to the sounds of battle, they would be spectators to a marvelous event. A spirit versus a mage, man against monster... a righteous soul battles one that's unrighteous. Noaru moves his body backwards almost in a sliding motion towards the shadows behind him, masking himself within them once more, he prepared to move to the right towards the waters edge the moment the flames of hate are released.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on April 30th, 2013, 1:59 am

What Clyde had done but moments ago, had been but the smallest of his whims. It was beneath his notice to do such a spell, as that first fireball. He did not even need to concentrate upon it, to work that magic. He could have easily even done another two or three of equal strength, while carrying on a full conversation.

Of course, the spirit had no way of knowing this. Of knowing that he tangled with a master mage, that could rip half of the city in twain should the need or desire for it arise. In general, Clyde tried to keep his magic usage out of the city. But in this case, he had not only been attacked and threatened, but also his abilities called into question.

And as a future member of the Stryfe, a current Apprentice, and a Master Mage, that was not something he could abide by quietly. Not when a ghost was threatening his city, and its inhabitants, and him. No, he had duties and honor to uphold, and backing down was not even a option he considered.

Clyde just shook his head, as the spirit continued to be rude to him. Really? Did he have no concept at all of propriety? Did he not see that he was asking to be treated as such. Just because one was dead, did not mean you did not have to have manners.

“ I believe you are right. I do need to show souls similar to you some respect by reaching my palms into you're chest and imprisoning the beating heart inside in freezing blackening cold!’’

What was Clyde to do? He was in the right here. And really, he had no choice but to fight, and destroy as much of this ghost as he could, and send it home clinging to its soul as best it could, till it learned it could not act as such in Ravok. Not in Clyde's town. He did not suffer for the living, he certainly would not suffer for the dead.

At that moment, Clyde acted.

From another point of view, it would appear as if he had raised his hands, and a silvery vaporous cloud had exploded out of Clyde in every direction.

In reality, he had simply extruded his res at a phenomenal rate, that would have likely killed a lesser Reimancer, even one decently skilled. But for Clyde, it was all in stride.

Every pore of his skin was gushing forth volumes of res, out of his face, his chest, his legs. it was especially thick coming out of the palms of his hands, which he held up in the air, and also coming out of his mouth and nostrils as he exhaled.

Then dropping his hands back to chest level, and slowly rotating both in a circular manner, the res swirled and engulfed the earlier fireball, rising to float higher away from Clyde. Once it was a good five or six feet from him, he lit the entire circumference of the new bigger sphere of gaseous res, which was a globe a good 6 feet across.

This time the light cast by it seemed to push away every shadow within sight, as it lit up the night like a tiny sun. Or at least, tiny in comparison to the real sun, as it was quite large. The shadows that Noaur had been attempting to hide in were now gone, and replaced by light from the burning flames. Noaru would be held in relief, and was left as visible as a ghost normally was in the midst of a sunny day.

But he did not stop there. He continued to build up momentum, as his hands spun, and he broke off a globe of flames with a res core, and it began to orbit the larger sun of flames.

As it neared Noaru, Clyde would twist his left hand at the wrist, and the ball of flames would rocket off, heading right at Noaru. Should he attempt to dodge or duck, Clyde would simply make another movement, and adjust his aim.

For unlike a weaker Reimancer, who was limited to a few feet away from themselves, Clyde's range was EVERYTHING. As long as he could see it, even should it be miles away, he could guide his res and attacks directly to it. So what trouble was it for him, to hit a ghost who was not even twenty feet away.

Perhaps Noaru had faced Mages before. Perhaps he had even faced a Reimancer before. But he would soon see that Clyde was not exaggerating his skills, and was far beyond the calibre of any other mage Noaru had likely met before in his long long life.

All the while, with a smaller portion of his attention, he was moving a length of res straight up into the air above them. He had stopped exuding on the scale he had at first, but he was still keeping a small trickle of res going, which was slowly forming into a cloud of res, several feet wide, and far above their heads.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Noaru on May 5th, 2013, 7:58 pm

“.....’’

Noaru was quiet but his thoughts were a different story! “ This man will destroy the city and kill the sleeping people around me, does he aim to destroy the few instead of most while targeting me?’’These were the spirits thoughts yet he questioned why he cared about the people, why he cared about... the children. Noaru decided to vanish to become invisible from mortal eyes while he had some power left; his constant blinking was rather taxing on him when he had used it excessively. He found himself thinking about the people, innocent people while disregarding himself at the moment since he was the target.

The spirit could feel the change around him almost like a pressure of some sort was being exerted into the environment as he took momentary refuge, he felt this and proceeded to maneuver through the close spaced buildings. Instead of blinking, he used the flexibility and weightlessness of his form to move rapidly into and out of buildings unlike ghosts who didn't use the speed of their natural form and relied on blinking, he utilized power of his ethereal form.

“I should have possessed him to gauge his power, he feels as strong as Hadrian's level of strength. I should have taken another approach but still I can't believe a human of that caliber was allowed to slip through my fingers .’’

Noaru felt an extreme sense of disgust with himself as he moved through the houses away from Clyde, he always plans things through but he allowed his mind to get the best of him again! Noaru wondered would the mage be willing to damage countless buildings in order to harm him; he gathered enough information on the mage to exchange with someone should they need it or want to find him as most ghosts are more than willing to chew out a spiritist.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on May 5th, 2013, 10:17 pm

Of course, Clyde was in total control of his magic. It would be simple enough for him to control the flames, and to keep them from hitting any of the buildings, anything but his intended target.

But to another viewer, it might seem like he had lost it, and was out of control, and ready to burn half the city down. It just showed they did not know what Clyde was capable of.

As the spirit Noaru vanished through a building, Clyde arced the fireball and sent it flying back to him, were it orbited over his head. He had cut off the flow of res, and stopped producing.

When after a chime, the ghost had not returned, and he had felt nothing and neither had Rye, Clyde let out a sigh, and began to reasborb res.

The cloud of res he had been preparing above him was simple enough, and he absorbed all of it, or at least all that had not decayed. For even in that short span of a few chimes, it had decayed to a small degree, and he did not get it all back.

The bigger ball of res, the sun, was a bit trickier. Clyde decided to deal with it by floating it over the canal, and casting the outer thin layer of flames off of the ball of loose gaseous res, and into the waters of the canal to extenguish it. Then he was free to absorb back all of the res he could from the large mass of res.

The small ball of res with the outer layer of burning flames that he had broken off, he did not reacquire. Instead, he kept it with him, floating a few feet ahead, until he should make it safely home. He did not want to be ambushed by the spirit before he made it home, and it was best to be on the safe side to have some at the ready.

By the time he had made it home, only a small pit of res was left, which he quietly sucked back in. But he was not satisfied, and felt hungry. He would need a good meal tonight, and a long rest.

He could only imagine how he might feel, if he had actually used all of the res, and not took any back. He would not have overgiven, but he would be exhausted.

-exit-
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Verilian on June 5th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Thread Award

Clyde Sullins

• +1 Investigation
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Reimancy

Lores: Noaru the Ghost, Intimidating a Ghost

Noaru

• +1 Materialization

Lores: Attempting to scare humans, An Encounter with a Master Mage

You Question My Logic? :
There wasn't a whole lot I could award here. What little Materialization you did, Noaru, was mostly novice level, and while I was impressed with your summoning of the fire, Clyde, it was still a relatively easy task for a master. But if anyone has any questions or disputes, feel free to PM me.

Notes: Great thread. I am always intrigued by anything involving ghosts, and this is the first time I've seen a ghost run away.

Notice

As per the request of the Founders, threads cannot be graded unless your CS is up to date. This means you need to add threads to your thread list when you make new threads, keep your skills up to date, ledger, living expenses, ect. If you aren't up to date, you'll get a PM from me before i grade your thread. If you are up to date, disregard this notice.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous