Closed [Vitrax]Bringing the Metal[Sevris]

A little spar amongst future rivals

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Vitrax]Bringing the Metal[Sevris]

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 11th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Clyde having reached his staff, picked it up, and tucked his hammer back into his belt. Then he shifted back to a two handed grip, turning to face Sevris his sparring partner, staff in hand...

It would have been funny, should the man known the truth to his thoughts... That a time had existed, when Clyde had no magic, could not use it, in fact did not even believe it existed, due to another magic's effect on him.

Clyde still knew how that felt, and was darned if he would allow it to ever happen again. Which simply added to his own mistrust of others, and of other mages, should he be so betrayed again by a unknown fellow mage.

"Yes, I did. What he does know he knows well. Though he focuses on other magics than my best. Why, do you have something against him, your own kin?"

It seemed Sevris was going on the offensive once more, and coming in on the attack at Clyde. And while his newly regained staff had more range than his hammer, it still was hard pressed against someone with much more experience in combat.

Clyde brought his staff up to block the first spear swipe to his head. But was not quite as ready for the foot strike. He tried to jump clear, but was half caught by the blow, upsetting his footing. When the last overhead attack came swinging in, he did not have the footing to hold, and while he blocked it with his staff, he still went down, and ended up on his rear.

Trying for a bit of a dirty blow, he made a kick at Sevris ankle from his seeted position, to try and get him to get back, or to possible knock him down also. He kept his staff overhead to protect from any blows from above, and did his best to get back up, which was a bit more difficult as his hands were occupied with the staff.

Though he hoped the kick to the leg, or if that kick forced his foe back, that either way would give him the time needed to get back to his feet.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Sevris on March 12th, 2013, 7:05 am

His blood boiled with excitement as things began to become more vivid, and his reaction time seemed more acute. Sevris also had some training in Unarmed Combat and was at the end of more dirty tricks like the kick from the ground. He respected that, whatever it took to win. As long as you don't give your dignity away doing it.

However, the Ebonstryfe soldiers were much more harsh to one another when they fought. Sevris planted his left foot and kicked hard with his right, intercepting Clyde's kick. His foot ricocheted off of Sevris's. Not completely caught off guard by the kick because he still had his staff up as a guard.

The Lazarin did not hesitate and moved forward. He tried a move he had been working on during his spars with other Apprentices. Sevris utilized the unique offensive opportunities the Double-Bladed sword allowed, with his unarmed combat training. It gave him many more ways to defeat single and groups of opponents if he opened the amount of times he could attack in a single motion.

He liked to call this style, Serenti. He brought his right foot up high with the butt of his heel out and dropped it down hard on Clyde. Terra Ax Kick. It was not strong enough to break the wood, but it was forceful enough to give Clyde a hard time.

There he said, "I don't have anything against the man that's serious. But he and I do not think too highly of each other." .
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 12th, 2013, 2:50 pm

Clearly Sevris had spent some time training in more formal unarmed fighting. Clyde on the other hand had not, and only new a few simple brawling tactics he had learned on the fly, which took little skill, and no training. So in this case, his skill in fighting without weapons clearly trumped Clyde's petty attempts at it. But it had been worth a try, even if it had failed.

Sevris intercepted his attempt at a kick with a kick of his own, one he had to admit was a lot better aimed, and came off as less as a flailing maneuver, like Clyde's. Unfortunately for Clyde, he did not stop there, and moved on with his momentum.

Next he did some odd heel drop kick move, aiming right for the staff which was protecting Clyde. Due to the way he had been holding it, it did not drop from his hands, but did come down right on his throat. He would likely have a good bruise later right were it struck, even though he had been applying upward pressure with his arms. His kick was just stronger than his arms could manage.

Clyde let out a cough as the wood struck his throat, and was unable to respond as the man pressed down on him, and spoke of his relative, which he did not seem to get along with.

Thinking fast, back to a time he had been fighting a Zith, he used a rather simple brawling maneuver only a mage as he could use. He spat in the mans face. But not with saliva, no that would be silly. Instead, he used his res as a brawling weapon for a very dirty trick. He coughed out a stream of gaseous res from his mouth, aiming it right for Sevris face and mouth and eyes, using his willpower to speed it along and guide it true.

If it struck him there and got in his mouth or nose, the res would feel like he had inhaled some liquid and was choking, while it also gave the feeling of being burnt and scalded like flame. It would not damage him permanently, but would hurt pretty bad, and hopefully get him to back off while he tried to clear his lungs of the stuff.

It was not enough to initiate him, but was actually a small part of the reimantic initiation process. Except in that, the person kept on pumping more and more down there throat and hand wounds, till it hit their very core, and pulled out a bit of there own, unlocking their ability to use res.

This was just a small taste.

If it did work, and he was able to get his throat clear and get a breath of his own in, he would cough out a snarky comment.

"How do you like a taste of reimancy initiation? Just a small sip of the process, with only a small bit of the pain. But a good look."
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sevris on March 13th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Intoxicating. That's what it felt like at first. As he clearly thought he had the upper hand in their bout, he was unaware of inhaling anything out of the ordinary. However the burning began almost immediately. It started from his nose and worked its way through his mouth. Breathing suddenly became much more difficult as he began to cough hard.

He stumbled off of Clyde as he began to cough and grab at his throat. He was not used to this type of pain. It burns! What sorcery was this? He heard faintly among his violent coughing, "How do you like a taste of reimancy initiation? Just a small sip of the process, with only a small bit of the pain. But a good look."

Magic. Whatever Clyde had did had caused Sevris quite a bit of pain. His eyes blurred as he tried to focus. This bout was not over. By this time the mage had gotten back up and was now in the advantage position. He was losing his cool now, the sneak attack had done a number on his face.

"It was clever, I'll give you that." Sevris said to the other Apprentice. He twirled his weapon to get a feel of it again. Wiping the tears from his eyes after the stinging ordeal, his throat was still in pain however. But this was just a little bit of the initiation process. What else was there he wondered?
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 13th, 2013, 10:39 pm

To Clyde's glee, his tactic worked. This was the second time he had used it in combat, and both had proved successful. The first time had proved fatal, for his opponent. Perhaps there was an upside to being a reimancer, close up? In general, he fought from a distance, as that was safer, and kept him out of range of getting stabbed or hit... But if he learned a bit better how to defend himself, perhaps it would become a permanent addition to his repertoire.

True, it was a bit of a dirty move... But hey, if it worked... Not to mention, how easy it was to turn it into a fatal attack. Just a single thought, and his foe could literally be up in smoke and flames, and dead.

As Sevris was having trouble breathing, suddenly Clyde was able to do so again. He took in a gasping breath as his throat was released, followed by several smaller ones, trying to get his breathing back to normal.

Clyde took the opportunity to get up and back to his feet, as Sevris coughed and hacked, and tried to clear the res out of his throat. He could only imagine how painful it was to him... Clyde had endured the full initiation, so knew how much worse it got... Sevris had not even gotten to any of the bad parts...

Were it felt like your entire body was aflame, full of writhing burning snakes going up your veins, down your throat and nostrils, scalding all the way... As all you could do was lay there and thrash around at the mercy of a mage, as something your body clearly understood to be foreign forced its way into you, and your helpless body did all it could to force it out to no avail...

It was only later that he realized how dangerous this was... That a single misspent thought could mean death, if even the smallest bit was transmuted... How easily it could have ended in his death.

Clyde smiled as Sevris complimented him on his tactic, it was clever wasn't it... If only he knew the half of it...

"Just be happy I am such a skilled mage. And not one easily distracted... All it would have taken would be a small little slip, and that could have ended with a fatal "accident". As I said, good thing I am so good at what I do. And good thing I am so nice."

After saying this, Clyde decided to take the initiative, before Sevris had time to fully recover. He ran right at him with his staff before him, and took a swing right at his head. If it missed, he would pull it back in for a second blow aimed at his chest, Either way he would then tip his staff, were he would try to hit him in the legs with the bottom end of his weapon, which had not been used much yet.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sevris on March 14th, 2013, 4:43 am

So the mage had some tricks up his sleeve. Up until then he had not been as competitive. But it seemed that was no longer a worry, Sevris's eyes narrowed as his opponent. Someone to defeat, with the tools given to him. He blinked slowly as he looked at his weapon just for a fleeting moment. Clyde began to speak again, "Just be happy I am such a skilled mage. And not one easily distracted... All it would have taken would be a small little slip, and that could have ended with a fatal "accident". As I said, good thing I am so good at what I do. And good thing I am so nice."

The Lazarins eyes locked back onto Clyde, and he replied in a sarcastic tone, "I'm ecstatic, that the big strong mage saved me from his own magical trap." His tone had dropped back into his own. "But how about a real spar, now." However Clyde had already took off and was charging him before he got his bearings together.

His moves were sluggish as he tried to piece together a combo of some sort on Sevris. A swing to the head made the Lazarin lean back and dodge it. Clyde tried pull back for a secondary attack. This attack came at Sevris's chest, he quickly parried it, downwards and counterattacked.

As Clyde tried to continue with a low attack, Sevris whipped his pole forward. Aiming the edge of pole towards Clyde's stomach with the quick lounge before he had time to finish his sequence. Hoping to catch the master mage off guard.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 14th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Clyde could not help grinning a bit, as Sevris responded to his own words. Clearly he was not really thankful, and likely a bit mad at Clyde, for what he had done. But Clyde would not have done it, if he had not known he could handle it. And he knew he could.

"Your welcome. After all, sparring is about learning. And you made the assumption that I could only use my magic from afar, and was weak close up. Now you have learned, it can be just as deadly close up. Now when you face a real mage in battle, one who wants to kill you, you will know that. So, your welcome."

While yes it had been a bit reckless of Clyde to have done what he did, in the end, he did have a point. And this physical lesson while painful now, might prove a saving point should he face a mage in a life or death battle. It was always better to know more, and now Sevris had one more bit of info.

Admittedly, as he knew quite well, Clyde was not a master of the close range combat. He had never claimed to be one. So while he did his best in fighting, he was likely to mess up at his current level. It came with the territory. But all the same, he hoped to learn from his mistakes, and move on to get better.

As he made a swing at Sevris head, he dodged it by simply leaning back. That was more or less to be expected. That was why Clyde had linked up that attack with more after. However he knocked the second attack downward in a parry with his own weapon, as Clyde tried to shift it into a downward attack at his legs.

Sevris though was just a bit faster, and made a move just before Clyde, giving him a good poke in the belly with his spear type thing... If that had been a real weapon, he would have just had his guts stabbed into, if not a killing blow a grievous injury.

In reaction, Clyde could not help but make a "oof" sound as the air was knocked from his chest, and he was forced a step backward. He likely could have reacted by puffing out another cloud of res into his face, but it would no longer prove the point the first one had. Besides, he did not want to be a one trick fighter, and this was not a life or death fight. If it had been, he would have used anything at his disposal. But it was not, and he was here to work on his physical weapons, not magical ones.

He tried to quickly rally, as he regained his breath, and made a series of quick swipes at Sevris chest with his staff, followed by a stab with the bottom end at his head. This was more to buy time for him to regain his breath and think, and to hold Sevris off, than to actually do any damage.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sevris on March 18th, 2013, 3:17 pm

"Your welcome. After all, sparring is about learning. And you made the assumption that I could only use my magic from afar, and was weak close up. Now you have learned, it can be just as deadly close up. Now when you face a real mage in battle, one who wants to kill you, you will know that. So, your welcome."

Sevris became more aware of the skill set a mage actually had at his disposal. He was not aware that he would use magic at all in the spar, but he forgot his place. This was the Vitrax, you were supposed to win usually at all cost. But there were of course none to many who actually had magical knowledge, so this was enlightening to say the least.

"You might have a point. I didn't know anything of the range of your attacks. But it is now noted." Sevris replied in all honesty.

However...that would not slow his weapon. He just had to be more careful around Clyde now. He was unaware of what he could really do, and from what he experienced earlier he wasn't trying to feel the full brunt of that. Sevris's defensive array pushed Clyde back as he came at him, his polearm landing squarely in his abdomen.

The Apprentice took the hit and stumbled backwards. It was not life threatening, but it did hurt. He tried rally himself quickly, and he resumed his attack on the Lazarin who lay in anticipation for him. It seemed as if Clyde was trying to keep Sevris off of him by keeping up with his own barrage of attacks as to not give him to much room for counterattacking.

He aimed high with his attacks but did not offer protectection for himself low. Sevris observed an opening yet again, instead of throwing his guard up with his weapon. He sunk low quickly, and performed a simple sweep kick. Clyde's weapon swung over where Sevris head had just been. The kick was aimed for a takedown, hoping to knock him down.

If he was successful he would get back up and throw his own sequence of hard blows at Clyde.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 22nd, 2013, 8:13 pm

It seemed the man did agree with him after all, and was glad for being enlightened a bit more to a mages abilities.

Of course, that did not mean the man was going to quit, no he was certainly going to keep attacking and fighting full force at Clyde. He would just have to do his best to hold on and keep fighting. Though at this rate, he would soon reach his limit. He was already getting pretty tired. He just was not as used to fighting with his physical body as this man clearly was.

He unexpectedly ducked low under his attack, and swept in with a kick in retribution. Clyde was knocked off of his feet, and smashed into the ground pretty hard. His arms were jarred, and he once more lost his staff.

His back ached from the impacts on the ground, his chest from the strikes, so did his arms, and his muscles were screaming in pain. All in all, Clyde's body had decided it was time to quit. Using the last bit of energy he had left, he took out the hammer from his belt, and threw it right at Sevris head. The weapon was light enough to be thrown even in its real form, let alone the lighter wooden one.

After that, whether it hit or missed, Clyde collapsed across the floor panting, and said "I concede..."
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sevris on March 26th, 2013, 1:52 pm

Sevris had pulled off the simple sweep kick, and it seemed to have caught Clyde off guard. The Lazarin seeing victory tried to resume the attack even with the opponent being on the ground. But as he stepped forward to finish him off, Clyde had something else in mind. Refusing to go down without a last ditch effort, he grabbed the hammer from his belt and threw it at him.

The throw wasn't exactly the best throw, and Sevris was able to able to step aside and swat it down with his weapon. He poised his weapon back up for the attack, until he heard from the worn out mage. "I concede."

Sevris nodded and lowered his wooden weapon. He walked over to Clyde and gave him a helping hand up. They were ruthless to one another, as Apprentices. But at the end of the day they were a unit, if you could not trust those around you. It could possibly put missions at risk.

"The one God would be pleased with your tenacity. Whatever it takes to win. But you have to defeat me first. Without magic.

"However if you want to do battle with magic, I have to first be instructed in its art. Thaedus is not my preferred teacher. But alas I think you have me convinced to learn."
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

PreviousNext