Stardust's Digital Drawing Stuffs

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Stardust's Digital Drawing Stuffs

Postby Sera on March 7th, 2013, 2:55 am

Hellos!

So in the last year I've been drawing characters from a Dungeons and Dragons group I'm in. I've been thinking, and it's really good practice for me, so I thought I'd give the offer out to y'all here!

My only requests are that if you'd like me to draw your character:
-Please give a good description, specific details, maybe reference pictures if you'd like, but not needed.
-Please give me patience, for I am a full time student and trying to balance work and play!
-But most importantly, if you use the picture for anything, please give credit back to me in one way or another!

:)

I will give anything a try because I'm really trying to just get in some practice! That being said, if anyone has some advice, critiques, or anything of the sort, please share them with me! I'm trying to improve at this!

Examples of Characters from that game:

Rune :

Jaranis :

Scythe :

Or if you'd like to see the others: My DA Folder for DnD

Feel free to post request here or send me a PM!

:D
Last edited by Sera on July 17th, 2013, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Words: 85623
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2011, 2:17 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Sera's Digital Drawing Stuffs

Postby Evalin on March 7th, 2013, 8:27 pm

Oh! I would love to have one of Evalin XD. Current season one would be great! I am dying for a pic of child Eva holding her staff :P
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Thomas Cosa on March 7th, 2013, 8:39 pm

I want one!

Haha.

Thomas' model is Simon Van Meerveene. Normal, I picture Thomas in form fitting clothes, leather pants, boots, fingerless gloves. Kind of like steampunk, if that makes sense?

Actually, the picture I use now for the avatar is probably the closest thing I could show you that resembled what I thought Thomas would look like -- actually, the picture gave me the idea for Thomas' character.

Also, on his left hand, Thomas is marked by Avalis, and the gnosis takes the form of a dark purple lily, twsting around his palm.

He's an animator, so maybe a picture of him animating something?

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Sera on March 7th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Evalin wrote:Oh! I would love to have one of Evalin XD. Current season one would be great! I am dying for a pic of child Eva holding her staff :P

Oooooh... drawing a child of that demeanor would be interesting. I'll totally take a stab at it. If I come up with any questions about appearance or coloring or anything of the sorts, I'll send you a pm! :)

Thomas Cosa wrote:I want one!

Haha.

Thomas' model is Simon Van Meerveene. Normal, I picture Thomas in form fitting clothes, leather pants, boots, fingerless gloves. Kind of like steampunk, if that makes sense?

Actually, the picture I use now for the avatar is probably the closest thing I could show you that resembled what I thought Thomas would look like -- actually, the picture gave me the idea for Thomas' character.

Also, on his left hand, Thomas is marked by Avalis, and the gnosis takes the form of a dark purple lily, twsting around his palm.

He's an animator, so maybe a picture of him animating something?

Steampunk definitely makes sense. And it helps with coloring! I'll definitely see what I can do. I looked over your CS a bit and when I start the initial sketch I'll probably send you a pm with any questions that seem to hit. It'll happen. :3

The biggest question will probably have to do with the animating thing. And maybe I'll give you that question right now and you can think about it: What exactly would you like him to be doing?

:D

As for when I'll get these started, I can't be sure. I'm not too positive how much real free time I'll have in the next week, or if I'll be in the drawing mood, but I'll try my best. There are a couple others that I'll be getting to first, so just a heads up!

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Durvekral Wormwood on March 8th, 2013, 2:51 am

I don't want to immediately overload you with requests but I think your art style is perfect for Durv! I feel like a picture of him drawn that way would be perfect!

For the sake of a description, I'll post his appearance description from his CS:

Durvekral stands at 6'3" and wears a pallow, sunken, despondent mask-like face. More often than not, he can be seen wearing his eggplant shaded leather armor. The dark purple leather is stained in various places with a vaguely lighter shade of [byzantium] purple. The disparate shades over strategic places such as the collar, elbow pads, knee pads and gloves help him to camouflage into the background shapes in the night.

The armor features a wide belt strapped diagonally from the left shoulder toward the right hip. This belt is designed with 5 square compartments, these are mostly filled with utility items such as rope or extra poisons. The leather has various ridges and grooves in the exterior surface but these are very small and are not carved into any design whatsoever. They merely exist to enhance the camouflage.

There is a hood on the outfit but it is rarely, if ever drawn. When Durvekral must work, however, the hood is drawn and his mask his worn. The mask is the same shade of byzantium purple as the patches throughout his armor. There is no mouth carved into the mask, instead a sizable mesh patch allows for nose or mouth breathing. The patch extends from ear to ear and from chin to below his eyes. The rest of the mask is solid leather broken only for the eye holes which display his eyes.

Let me know if you'd be able to take up the request! Thanks a lot!
Durvekral Wormwood
Paranoia is a powerful weapon

Words: 77795
Joined roleplay: December 17th, 2012, 1:26 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sera on March 8th, 2013, 5:48 am

Durvekral Wormwood wrote:I don't want to immediately overload you with requests but I think your art style is perfect for Durv! I feel like a picture of him drawn that way would be perfect!

For the sake of a description, I'll post his appearance description from his CS:

Durvekral stands at 6'3" and wears a pallow, sunken, despondent mask-like face. More often than not, he can be seen wearing his eggplant shaded leather armor. The dark purple leather is stained in various places with a vaguely lighter shade of [byzantium] purple. The disparate shades over strategic places such as the collar, elbow pads, knee pads and gloves help him to camouflage into the background shapes in the night.

The armor features a wide belt strapped diagonally from the left shoulder toward the right hip. This belt is designed with 5 square compartments, these are mostly filled with utility items such as rope or extra poisons. The leather has various ridges and grooves in the exterior surface but these are very small and are not carved into any design whatsoever. They merely exist to enhance the camouflage.

There is a hood on the outfit but it is rarely, if ever drawn. When Durvekral must work, however, the hood is drawn and his mask his worn. The mask is the same shade of byzantium purple as the patches throughout his armor. There is no mouth carved into the mask, instead a sizable mesh patch allows for nose or mouth breathing. The patch extends from ear to ear and from chin to below his eyes. The rest of the mask is solid leather broken only for the eye holes which display his eyes.

Let me know if you'd be able to take up the request! Thanks a lot!

Yeah, I'll totally give it a try! I'll probably send you a pm once I get started to let ya know. It may be a little while though. :)

Also, now that I have six requests, I'm gonna say, please don't ask for any more until I'm done with at least a few of them! I'll post them and give a heads up. I just want to be able to only focus on a few at a time!

And I have to say, I'm really shocked that so many people have responded to this in a day! It makes me so happy! I love you guys! :D

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sera on March 10th, 2013, 6:35 am

Hey Everyone! I have a few drawings done so I thought I'd post them for people to see! Let me know what y'all think! :)

Aidara :

Edward Solace :

Eilea :
So... This is my other PC. It's not completely done, but I probably won't finish it. Thought I'd put it up though.Character SheetImage

This is where I'll keep the collection of all of the Mizahar related characters/art I complete: DA Mizahar Folder

I'm going to wait on taking any more requests until I get completely caught up. If there's any minor details that would like to be added or any changes made, feel free to let me know, I'll see what I can do!

Love ya guys! <3

Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Sera on March 16th, 2013, 6:08 am

Sorry it's been slow! A lot has been going on and inspiration has been very sparatic! Only one to post up today! :)

Evalin :

Hope you like! :3
Last edited by Sera on March 16th, 2013, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sera
Adrenaline Junkie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Miria on March 16th, 2013, 7:55 am

I have to say this is really good Sera! Keep up the good work I love seeing these pictures of our rp friends.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Evalin on March 16th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Wow I love it! Thannk you ^.^
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next