Completed [Rearing Stallion] Come in & take a seat [part 1]

Spring 513 Job thread ~Noon~

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] Come in and take a seat

Postby Shiress on April 1st, 2013, 9:40 pm

Shiress nodded in agreement. "It's not the worse place to work, not the best either, Im sure. It does, though, helps one over come their shyness, that's for sure." Shiress answered as she slid up a stool and planted herself directly across from the woman.

She studied the woman's dark eyes with her next question. The truthful answer being one the barmaid almost always avoided or simply didn't tell the entirety of. Being held prisoner by your own past was, in it's own worth, just as bad as being another mans slave.

Shiress smiled, deciding to go with a more half truth rather than avoiding the question all together. "Clinging to life in the bronze wood." She sighed, giving a half smile. "Guess you can say my journey from Sunberth wasn't all pleasant." Shiress brought her arms to the bar top and folded her hands together. "I, well, I guess you can say, I escaped a bad way of living there, in Sunberth, and made my way here to Syliras and a new life, hopefully."

Her eyes lowered to her hands with a raise of her brow. She had just told this brunette woman more about herself than she had told anyone who didn't already know it by hearsay and her answer didn't even skim the surface of who she really felt she was. "So here I am alone in a big city, but it's not so bad."

Shiress offered a hand and grin at Hadyn's introduction. "Nice to meet you Hadyn. I have seen you around, but never had the pleasure of formally making your acquaintance. I'm Shiress."
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Corvos Mist-Hand on April 1st, 2013, 11:57 pm

The tavern door slowly slid open, revealing a cloaked figure at its threshold. Black facial hair could be seen from underneath the hood of the cloak, along with the faintest glisten of the mans emerald eyes. As the man walked over to the bar, he made very little sound at all. It was as if he was attempting to sneak up on someone, even though everyone would be aware of his presence. This shade like movement gave him a slightly ghast-like appearance. He was not attempting to seem odd or, for lack of better words, creepy. He was just use to moving so silently it began to become a part of his natural movement, as if he were practicing even though he had no real reason to sneak.

Corvos was the mans name, or Mist-Hand to those he frequently stole from. He had never been to this bar and had decided that a drink was long overdue. When he was finally in proximity of the bar, he placed an empty hand palm upward on the bar.

"Beer........."

Was all that left the stranger's mouth as he then turned the empty hand palm downward onto the bar. Once the hand was removed, he revealed a single gold coin. A simple parlor trick to some, mildy impressive at the most. To him it was a small form of practice, training in every way he could constantly to sharpen his skill with his hands.
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
Corvos Mist-Hand
What once could feed, now makes you bleed.

Words: 7808
Joined roleplay: April 1st, 2013, 7:14 pm
Character sheet

Postby Shadow River on April 2nd, 2013, 1:13 am

Shadow River

Shadow watches the shady figure walk in the Rearing Stallion. The feline is amazed how he seemed to be a actual shadow, the only thing to seem lively in him is his bright emerald eyes. Their very pretty, I'm jealous. Nevertheless the man still is able to send chills down her spine. Shadow didn't know if this man was human, disfigured, strange, ugly, sick or just plain creepy.

Shadow stares at the man like a shiny toy. The way he asked for his drink intrigued her. I really want to poke him. I wonder what would happen. Would he fall apart? First thing first, Shadow look away from the man for a second taking in his scent. She check if the man was seriously ill. If he was, Shadow would be very cautious to be near him. When the stranger is cleared of sickness, Shadow looked him up and down again. It went out saying this person wasn't very approachable.

Shadow didn't care, she's been in a good mood lately. "Hello there mister, I like your outfit. It's a very... ominous yet exciting," she says taking another gulp of her drink.

We all want to be different. I guess that makes us all the same. No?
Shadow River
The Shadow of My Own Life

Words: 14710
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2013, 4:23 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

[Rearing Stallion] Come in and take a seat #1

Postby Hadyn Skellig on April 2nd, 2013, 2:18 am

"Shiress," Hadyn acknowledged, accepting the woman's hand with a firm shake. "Lovely name, that."

Her attention was then garnered by a sinister if not unnerving patron making his way to the barn. The fellow had the air of superstition and questionable oddity about him. The blacksmith made no motion to greet him as he seemed intent of receiving a drink. Turning back to her new companion Hadyn flashed a quick grin before tapping her hand on the bartop curtly.

"Thank you kindly for the food and conversation," she stated as she stood up. "I'd best be off though. If you're e'er in the woods of Sultros Blades, stop by for a spell. I'll be the one yelling obscenities behind the forge."

She winked at Shiress before leaving a hefty tip on the bar's surface. It was certainly time for her to returning to the smithy. Too much time away caused the boys to berate her. Her coworkers, though highly protective were also easily irascible and constantly challenging her capability to do anything related to the profession. No need to give them another excuse.

"It's been a pleasure,"
she concluded before offering the other female at the bar a polite nod of her head. With that the weaponsmith took her leave, departing the Stallion with a significantly well fed stomach and a new friend.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

[Rearing Stallion] Come in & take a seat [part 1]

Postby Corvos Mist-Hand on April 2nd, 2013, 4:27 am

The stranger's eyes darted towards the woman who first spoke to him, narrowing in slight confusion. Not many would just openly speak to someone of his character in a public place. Typically, if anyone was speaking to him, it was because underhanded work was afoot. Suddenly, from the again empty hand, another gold coin produced from it which he rolled across the top of his knuckles.

"Thanks....I suppose"

He was not trying to be rude, but he was a bit stifled when it came to social interaction, he did not know how to really hold an idol conversation. What was visible of his face gave no hint of embarrassment, but the sharpest of ears could detect it in his voice. He continued to roll the coin over the top of his hand with nigh flawless skill as he turned his eyes to the coin on the bar top as if he was expecting it to turn into a beer magically.
In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
Corvos Mist-Hand

Character sheet

Postby Shiress on April 2nd, 2013, 5:14 am

The barmaid stood and stepped away just as the brunette lifted herself from her stool. With a smile she waved. "It was nice to meet you, Ms. Hadyn."

She turned her attention to the hooded figure that just planted himself against the bar, she watched his show play out in his hand while she filled a mug with ale.

She placed the ale to his front and leaned down to better look at his eyes. "Well then, that was impressive." She said through a smile being truly impressed with the strangers tricksy fingering.

Her eyes cut sideways to the dark skinned woman as she spoke to the new patron and then her gaze slid back to the green eyes beneath the hood as he replied.

She gave the man a raised eye brow in amusement. "Come now, buy this pretty lady an ale." She glanced back to the woman and smiled "She likes your outfit." She said with a wink.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Shadow River on April 2nd, 2013, 3:56 pm

Shadow River

Shadow wasn't really thrown off by the man's response. He may not feel like talking but, Shadow sure did. Especially with beer in her system. I'm pretty sure this drink is going to my head instead of my stomach. The feline thought as she watched man do his coin trick.

Well then, that was impressive." Says the barmaid. Shadow nodded in agreement.

"Come now, buy this pretty lady an ale." When the barmaid looks at Shadow with a smile, the young girl laughs. "She likes your outfit." The barmaid continued with a wink, which causes Shadow to blush a little bit.

She finishes her drink before speaking again; "You know, I never understood why my parents drank so much before. Now I know.This taste amazing, I swear it gets better every sip. May I have another please, if this kind gentleman won't buy me one."

Shadow River

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Corvos Mist-Hand on April 2nd, 2013, 6:15 pm

His glance adjusted to each of the women as the verbal exchange took place. In his mind he laughed a little, thinking to himself that he was getting teamed up on. Once Shadow mentioned her personal explanation as to why her parents drank, his dark expression grew even darker.

"We all have different reasons for drinking Miss."

Thoughts now assaulted his mind. Those corpses, the blood, his family, all brought a once repressed pain that only the occasional binge of ale could silence. He hammered back his ale as if the answers to immortality rest at the bottom of the flagon before tossing two more coins on the bar top on the counter without displaying any kind of fancy tricks. It was like He was angrily ridding himself of the coin to further expand his intoxication.

"Another for me and one for the lady....."

His eyes did not turn back to either the barkeeper or the dark skinned woman that was next to him, they just bored into the bottom of his cup. It seemed in his eyes that he was begging the flagon to end his sorrow right here and now. But his demeanor changed quickly. It was not his time, no, not before those who took his brothers and father from him would bask in the cold embrace of his blade first. Sadness moved to a determined look, plotting his next move for revenge and more coin of course.
Corvos Mist-Hand

Character sheet

Postby Shadow River on April 2nd, 2013, 10:25 pm

Shadow River

"Oh thank you sir," Shadow said giving a small smile. She looked at the man, who seemed a little stiff. She wondered why but, didn't dare to ask. Shadow understands what is like to have some things simply locked away. To hide them in the back of your mind for no one to see. "So sir, may I ask you for your name? Or you one of those mysterious types, going off on wild and crazy adventures?" Shadow turned her attentions to the barmaid. "And I overheard your name is Shiress. Right?"

Shadow River

Character sheet
Journal

Postby Corvos Mist-Hand on April 2nd, 2013, 11:13 pm

The thief let out a half scoff which could be mistaken for part of a laugh.

"Wild adventures...I havent ventured out of this city a day in my life. I've far too much to do and too much coin to earn."

His voice was a bit suspicious and a tad bit sarcastic, hinting at the possibility that his ways were not the most honest of those who would give servitude for coin. Oh but no, he was the type that thought civilization owed him a debt he was bent to collect for the rest of his days.

"My name is Corvos, and who might you be lass?"

The rougueish looking man asked as he finally turned his head upward to get a good look at the women. His face was well kept and smooth, safe for the facial hair that bordered his chin. His eyes were of the purest of emerald, which nearly glowed by nothing unnatural but rather his atonement to the dark making his eyes seem the brighter.
Corvos Mist-Hand

Character sheet

PreviousNext