Completed [Rearing Stallion] Come in & take a seat [part 1]

Spring 513 Job thread ~Noon~

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] Come in & take a seat [part 1]

Postby Shiress on March 24th, 2013, 1:56 am

18th Day
Spring 513AV

Shiress had the tavern ready for patrons.

Chairs and tables in order, table lanterns lit, a small fire chasing the early spring cold from the room, bar wiped down and mugs top down arranged in a row along the bar.

She stepped across the floor with a gait showing less of a limp these days. She unlocks the door ready to begin her day at The Rearing Stallion
Last edited by Shiress on April 2nd, 2013, 3:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

[Rearing Stallion] Come in and take a seat

Postby Hadyn Skellig on March 27th, 2013, 4:41 am

Her stomach was growling in a most unladylike manner, reminding her it was time she sat down. Hadyn couldn't deny her hunger another bell. Having retired from the smithy early to appease her empty stomach she made a beeline for the Rearing Stallion. Could she've gone elsewhere? Certainly. But the tavern was familiar and she wasn't looking to do anything but eat.

Pushing the door open she found the place fairly deserted. All the better to stuff her face like a vagrant. She made her way to bar to greet the only worker visible. Hadyn knew she'd seen the woman here before on much busier nights. She'd never interacted with her but she seemed amiable and approachable by all measures.

Seating herself at the bar, Hadyn offered the woman a polite smile. Again her stomach protested the lack of food, but the blacksmith simply placed her arms on the bar. Her dark hair was swept into a loose chignon, winter-pale skin smudged with ash from the forge across her cheek and chin. She was dressed for work, britches and vest similarly representing the woman's long hours in the smithy.

"When you have a moment," she called to the lady congenially, settling into the seat and glancing around the empty tavern.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Words: 455862
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2013, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Shiress on March 27th, 2013, 4:05 pm

Shiress gave a quick glance to the door just as a pretty young woman emerged through the entrance. She gave the new patron a smile and hurriedly dried the dripping mug in her hands.

She placed the mug in line with the others trailing along the edge of the bar and turned toward the brown haired woman hesitating, while placing her towel away, to chuckle and roll her eyes at the handful of men in the tavern whose eyes currently invaded every curve on the woman's body as she moved across the floor.

Shiress stepped up in front her and smiled. "Sorry bout that, if I kept you." She leaned her arms against the bar coming eye level with the brunette. "What can I get for you?"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on March 27th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Hadyn returned the lady's smile, canting her head in greeting. The barmaid appeared a few years the blacksmith's junior, pretty in both appearance and youth. It took a strong woman to work this bar, especially a lovely one.

"A quick supper," Hadyn replied quietly, keeping her eyes on the lady. She wasn't interested in garnering the attention of the tavern's other patrons. Not tonight when her stomach was sounding off like a horn. She offered an apologetic grin as the noise interrupted her order. "As you can hear I'm in desperate need of food. A stew would be wonderful. And a mug of ale, please."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiress on March 27th, 2013, 7:34 pm

Shiress chuckled. "Yes, right then. I'll be right back." She slapped her hand against the bar and turned away toward the kitchen.

She filled a wooden bowl with steaming hot stew and placed it on a tray beside a cloth napkin and spoon. She swiped a warm piece of bread with a slab of pale butter and placed it on the napkin. Looking over the tray, she replayed the woman's order in her head and gave a nod.

With the tray set, she stepped from the kitchen just in time to see a male patron, one who has caused some trouble in the past, standing with eyes glaring toward the woman. As he stepped out, Shiress stepped in front of him giving him a stern look over her shoulder. "Mind your manners, Chuck." She said, her gaze not faltering, eyes brows raised in a dare. "Please."

The man growled inaudibly as he retreated back to his chair. Shiress grinned and shook her head and turned again toward the waiting woman.

She emptied the tray of it's contents. Placing bowl, spoon, napkin and bread in front of the woman and placed a mug filled to the rim with amber ale beside the bowl. She gave the meal and drink a once over making sure she didn't forget anything before looking back to the brunette. "OK, Ma'am, anything else I can do for you?"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hadyn Skellig on March 27th, 2013, 9:08 pm

Hadyn nodded appreciatively as the other woman scolded Chuck. The food smelled ridiculously delicious and the blacksmith had to mind her manners not to shovel the stew into her mouth. She placed the appropriate miza on the bartop for the woman plus a few extra for her time and good nature.

"I think I'll be well enough with this," she answered before picking up the spoon. Glancing at the woman she figured it wouldn't hurt to show an interest in being congenial. "Are y'new to the Stallion. Seen you here before but only this season."

Taking a slow and cautious spoonful, the smith savored the pieces of meat and vegetable as she waited for the other woman to respond. Perhaps she was too busy to chitchat with patrons but Hadyn found the friendlier you were to the staff the nicer they treated you when you got too drunk to handle yourself. After taking a fair amount of stew, the woman returned the spoon to the bowl, prepared to pace herself. Stretching her aching fingers Hadyn took a moment to remove the silver ring from her finger and place it beside the mug. It wasn't often that she took the piece off but her digits were terribly sore from the day and the silver was a bit constricting.
Last edited by Hadyn Skellig on April 2nd, 2013, 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shadow River on March 27th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Shadow River

Shadow bored herself by just walking around. And with no job or friends, there was simply nothing for her to do. So she's pacing outside the Rearing Stallion a while. Just wondering if she really wanted to go in. Shadow River had eaten about a whole deer right before she got to Syliras, so it will be a few more days before she'll need to eat again. So there is really no point for her going in. They do have beer though.

Shadow smirks before rushing in the building. She never got drunk before but, did see her family get drunk a few times. If I'm suppose to be as human as possible. I need to get drunk at least once in my life. As she confidently walks up to bar, the young woman ran through all the possibilities that could happen to her. Maybe I'll make some friends. Or enemies. Watch a fight happen right at tavern or maybe I'll get into a fight. Or maybe I'll be just like my mother. And sing about all the men I ever slept with. Well maybe not. I have yet to sleep with any man. There was a more pressing thought scratching at the back of her mind. It's the thought that constantly consumes her all day. It's the thought that drives her insane when she tries to sleep. It's the thought she nevers stop thinking about...

Will I find my bondmate?

When Shadow gets inside, she slides in a stool, slams her down, and says, "Excuse me. I would like to get drunk tonight! So please bring one mug of beer." The young Kelvic can hear some men give a small shout. Shadow River looks at them curiously. One of them looks her and down then waves.

Shadow snorts before turning the other way, feeling a little bit of heat rush to her face. Didn't help Shadow was already feeling conscious about of her tight dress.
We all want to be different. I guess that makes us all the same. No?
Shadow River
The Shadow of My Own Life

Words: 14710
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2013, 4:23 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Shiress on March 30th, 2013, 1:00 am

Shiress welcomed idle chitchat, especially from a female. She smiled and leaned her hip against the wooden bar just in front of the brunette.

"I arrived in the city on the 23rd day of last season." She gave a slight exhale "Though, I wasn't about the city for sometime after that and I only have worked here a couple dozen days, having started toward the end of season last." Her eyes slid up to the opening door and watched as the dark skinned woman made her way to the bar.

Her hand hitting against the bar gave Shiress a slight jump to attention. After the woman spoke her demand Shiress gave the brunette a raised eye brow and a chuckle "Well then."

Shiress turned on her heels and filled a mug and slid it up to the woman. "Getting drunk takes coin ma'am and I'll expect payment on the second round." She gave the woman a polite smile and stepped back into the conversation with the brunette.

"Now then, where were we?"

Character sheet
Shiress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Shadow River on March 30th, 2013, 1:26 am

Shadow River

Shadow River pulls out a gold coin from her vest pocket, giving the kind lady a wink. Grabbing the mug, the feline sniffs the drink before swallowing it down. It surprise her how the beer scorches her throat but, she keeps drinking anyway. Listening in the two other woman's conversation. Shadow knew it was rude to do so, but she could use a distraction right now.

We all want to be different. I guess that makes us all the same. No?
Shadow River
The Shadow of My Own Life

Words: 14710
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2013, 4:23 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Hadyn Skellig on March 31st, 2013, 12:11 am

Hadyn took stock of the new patron but simply gave her a welcoming nod. Seemed new to the place - somewhat unsure of the customs. But that was all well and good. New folk were welcome into Syliras as far as the blacksmith was concerned. More potential customers.

"Last season," the brunette mused as the barmaid returned. "Welcome to the city then. You've found a decent job here. You can make a smart living here," she indicated to the establishment with a raised eyebrows as a jerk of the head before taking another spoonful of stew. "Where were you afore you entered these fine gates?"

Hadyn didn't have much cause to speak to outsiders. A few here and there passing through Sultros Blades but only a handful were interested in talking. Even fewer were entertained her questions about their past. The blacksmith wasn't particularly bothered by it. She had a past that she preferred to keep to herself. But still, she was intrigued by those coming to the city for the first time. But she offered her companion a disarming smile, an indication that she didn't have to answer if she didn't wish to.

She had to give the barmaid credit. She was a beautiful woman and, as far as Hadyn could tell, she was roughing it on her own. No mention of a husband or family. It was a fair sight better than most single women arriving alone. After a chime Hadyn nodded to the woman again.

"I'm Hadyn, by the way. You'll likely see me a fair bit 'round here. I'm a returning customer," she stated with a grin. Indeed, it was surprising the two hadn't met yet. May as well let the girl know what she's in for. "I'm good for any employee's business at the Stallion."
Hadyn Skellig
a blade for a beer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next