Closed He is so d.... Focus woman!! (Aren)

An attempt to train with an Akalak "friend"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

He is so d.... Focus woman!! (Aren)

Postby Aleksi on April 1st, 2013, 6:19 pm

She chuckled and shook her head. His words were almost insulting. Did he really think she was that stupid? Did he really think that his eyes and face didn't show emotion. At this point, Aleksi's though were completely gone for some reason.
On the inside, the young Drykas was tired of playing that game, but her mind, now fully back at its field, finally managed to take over. She was the same Aleksi that was there before Tebridiar came along, before that little Kelvic taught the woman of stone as they called her, how to love.

Leaning in, pressing her throat against his hand, she added, with her lips and voice still as alluring as they were, but the smile was replaced by a completely freezing look in her eyes, one that scared even this little Drykas when she saw it in the mirror. She was not joking when she said that she had a twisted side in her, after all, she did cut the last person's arm after they touched her necklace, and this Akalak was doing just that.

I would suggest you to step back Akalak, my patience is running out... If you do, I might just be able to prove to you how little that ball actually is, if you don't... well, I think it's time to say goodbye to it looking over his shoulder at the cat, the girl with speed that she had developed so far pulled out a dagger and dragged it to his throat using her left arm, which most people thought was her stronger one, but they were wrong.

You know, I find Aren quite cute really, and you even more so, but a real man needs to have more guts than this.... You are actually, sadly enough, pathetic... both of you... Him for failing to do anything about you... and you, for failing to even take control of your own body she knew her words were distracting and she knew that it would hurt both of them, but she also knew that that was her only chance to get them all out of it alive.
You would not be able to arrange ANYTHING with me even if I pulled my pants off in front of you right now. Think twice Akalak, before you make the wrong move... because it wouldn't be just him going away from this world...

The blade pressed against his throat, her eyes inhumanly cold, locked on him. Her tongue twirling the piercing over her upper lip, making her look almost as if she was thirst for blood... which she probably was truth be told, but not yet enough to act upon it. What will it be, your blood... potentially ours, because you know... even if you kill me, you will not walk from here, I can promise you that... or you will step back like a good boy?

Aleksi
Just your average (fe)male =)

Words: 187296
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 10:14 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aren on April 1st, 2013, 7:12 pm

She sure gave up on her ruse quickly, Seros thought, opting instead to continue the bad-ass routine she was so intent on propagating. The akalak's narcissism, however, would not allow him to back off from someone he perceived as an inferior combatant. If he retreated from this girl's foolish bravado, he simply would never be able to live with himself.

Aren, realizing this, sunk into despair. He didn't know if the sudden change in Aleksi's demeanor was part of an act, but he knew that provoking Seros was never a good idea. She needed to simply stick that dagger in his throat and be done with it. The more time he had, the stronger he grew, and the more she antagonized him, the less likely it would be for him to decide the drykas was more trouble than she was worth.

"What would you know, little girl!?" He barked, her mocking jibes surprisingly producing an honest reaction out of him.

"He has kept me a prisoner in my own body for a hundred years, his will a thing of iron. And why? Because he was afraid not of what I'd done, but what I MIGHT do," Oddly, Seros seemed both defensive and critical of Aren, at the same time.

"I saved his life when we were children... and what was my reward? An eternity of confinement!" The rage in his voice was obvious, the indignation, and the emotions felt like a maelstrom inside him.

Honestly, Aren was almost shocked by the display. He had never really allowed his brother to tell him how he felt, and eventually Seros had stopped trying. Whenever he would rear his head, it seemed to be with the desire to prove Aren right.

"Tell me you bastard, what did I do to deserve the hole you kept me in!? WHAT?" Seros demanded, the heart in his chest pounding so loudly that it sounded like it was fit to bursting.

"I..." Aren had no words, but introspective silence was a greater acknowledgement than he had ever given his Other before.

For some reason though, now that that he had given voice to a century of oppression, Seros didn't feel quite so angry as before. For so long, the only thing he could really feel was teeth clenching fury, but for the first time in a long time, he felt something other than that.

Releasing his hold on Aleksi's neck, the akalak suddenly appeared to lose his will to fight. The flame in his hand promptly died down to a flicker, until it was eventually gone, while his knees made an unceremonious return to the ground.

"What would you know... of patience?" The exhausted akalak could only look up at the drykas, the question his last attack.

Could he really have misread his own brother so badly? Was it possible he had been wrong about him, all along, or was this just another one of his schemes? The only thing Aren could really be sure of was that he couldn't feel him pressing at the back of his mind anymore; it was a sensation he could barely recognize, let alone be familiar with. In a hundred years, Seros had not stopped banging at the walls of his mind, but right now... he was silent.

"Have I been the monster, all along?" He asked himself, his own choking voice speaking the words.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aleksi on April 1st, 2013, 9:12 pm

Aleksi still had no reaction while watching the Akalak's mood change. He seemed bothered, not quite like Aren, but bothered. His words stung like nothing ever before... What would she know... what would someone as young as her know... She would, she would know how it feels to lose your mother, to have your father laughed at before he died in misery, how it felt to be promised to the man she considered her older brother, how it felt to lose the one you love to slavers. How it felt to be laughed at because of what you are, what you decide to be, she knew it all, but she never spoke... to anyone... but her...

Biting on her bottom lip, she listened to him speak, emotions now coming over Aleksi again, her mind was lost, completely, all she had now was her heart. For some reason, that thing... the thing that Aren was hiding behind him made her even more fond of the Akalak. She truly did like him now, or well, if what he was saying was true. How could he do that? she wondered while looking over the painful expression on the man's face. It made her own nearly break down into tears.

He kept him in for so long because he thought that.... no.. Aleksi, pull yourself together, this is probably another one of his tactics, she mumbled something but after feeling his grip loosen, she let her fingers follow his arm. She didn't want to let go. He left... he was gone and Aren's voice was finally there, the same, cheeky, somewhat sweet and kind voice she knew was there and she didn't know why, but she was both sad and happy. Happy that he is ok apart from that scratch on his back and sad because she could not talk to the other one more....

A huge smiled curled her lips up, she literally jumped over to him hugging him tightly and making sure not to hurt the wound that Luc has caused, not telling him to step away yet, just in case. Her dagger was still in her hand, but her lips placed little kisses over his cheek, managing to whisper Oh thank the Gods that you are safe.... I am so sorry about that... I really am... and not just because of you.. but because of him to... It's difficult to trust someone who has you by the throat though... her voice filled with joy and streams of warm tears running down her cheeks. She had no idea why, but she was wrapped around that Akalak's neck with a feeling of relief after her friend...s.. came out of the most vicious of battles as victorious.

Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aren on April 2nd, 2013, 2:21 am

Aren was nearly flattened by Aleksi's embrace, not really understanding what was happening at first. She was crying and kissing him and saying SHE was sorry? This was certainly not the reaction Aren had been expecting from someone who had just found out he had a psychotic alter ego.

Catching himself again falling into the pattern of judging Seros, the akalak bit his lip. It was so instinctual, so natural, that he almost did not even realize it. His Other was a reflection of himself, one he had kept imprisoned for a century, out of baseless fear. Was it any wonder that he had turned out the way he had? That he looked for any opportunity to make his captor suffer?

Knowing what he knew now, however, Aren couldn't return to those days where he buried his brother as deep as he would go. Despite his better judgement, despite every cautious bone in his body... he simply couldn't. Doing so would mean he was the same monster he made Seros out to be, and he couldn't live with that anymore than he could breathe without air.

"I... suppose I owe you another apology, don't I?" The akalak said, managing his first genuine smile since the moment Aleksi had awoken, "And maybe not just you," he added, for the first time in his life actually worried about Seros, instead of because of him.

Struggling to get to his feet, Aren found that he was incredibly exhausted, not physically, but psychologically. The mental battle between he and Seros had drained him in a manner he couldn't really describe, but the effect was the same as prolonged combat.

Fighting this strange, yet acute sense of fatigue, the akalak managed to erect himself despite Aleksi's weight on him. She was practically a feather, but the truth was the effort he had to expend seemed monumental. Of course, he wasn't about to tell her that.
Aren
By Wysar's blue balls!

Words: 434994
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2010, 6:44 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aleksi on April 2nd, 2013, 1:02 pm

She couldn't calm herself. All that has been happening the past few days has been so stressful and now this, just made her break down. It was so darn scary. Not the fact that her life was in danger, but the thought of losing another person close to her, she could not bare, no matter how close they were.

She let go of his neck softly, dropping down to her feet and letting one of her arms just wrap around his waist, gently. His words were so caring, so sweet that they made her sob again. Nuzzling in some, she added quietly and moved towards their things, picking them up from the floor You don't need to apologize to me... but to him... taking a deep breath after thinking about what happened there once more.

Her fingers tried to gently rub along his lower back as she peeked over his shoulder and with a few soft moves, got the cloth she got at the hostel out of her bag. Lightly pressing it against Aren's torn skin on his shoulder blade, whimpering I am so sorry about this.. I just tried to.... keep us all safe... as safe as we could be, looking up into his eyes, she smiled. The smile was honest, caring and emotional in general, along with her voice.

He... seems nice, you know.... a bit angry, mostly at you... but nice... and please understand that the things I've said... they were just an attempt, one of quite a few to fix this... Aleksi's animals moved after them, as she tried to take Aren home, help him clean up that wound, wash himself and rest some, because it seemed like they both needed it.

To be continued...
Aleksi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on June 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Aleski

Skills

+ Acrobatics - 2
+ Rhetoric - 3
+ Unarmed Combat - 2
+ Socialization - 1
+ Observation - 1
+ Persuasion - 1
+ Seduction - 1

Lores

+ Fighting an Akalak
+ Focus focus focus!
+ Loosing to an Akalak
+ Aren's 'other' personality

Other:

Notes

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this grade, please PM me and we can work it out!
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Matthew on February 6th, 2015, 3:10 am

Aren

Experience Points:

• +2 Flirting
  • +2 Intimidation
  • +2 Observation
  • +2 Reimancy
  • +4 Socialization
  • +2 Tactics
  • +1 Unarmed Combat
  • +2 Wrestling

Lores:

• Fighting to Disable, not Kill
  • Reimancy: Stealthy Spellcasting
  • Tactics: Observing the Enemy
  • Tactics: Taking a Strategic Blow
  • Wrestling: Basic Pressure Points
  • Wrestling: Simple Locks and Holds

If you have any questions or concerns relevant to your grade, don't be afraid to send me a private message so that we can work it all out! Please remember to mark your Grading Request as Graded.

A shout-out to Ollic Rimesage, who was kind enough to make this template for me.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Previous