Adventure Time ['Svan and Samantha]

Come on, grab your friends, we'll journey through distant lands!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Postby Licearsvansan on July 5th, 2013, 5:59 pm

No sane man would ever say this but, "You know, there is just something inherently funny about a ticked off tiger!" Svan wore a grin full of sickle like teeth. "I think its the way the growl and act all tough when they are angry. Its as if they little kitty cats actually consider themselves threats." Svan threw up his hands, shrugged, and shook his head in an exaggerated motion. Despite what he had said, his tone was more along the lines of half-playful teasing rather than openly malicious like it used to be. Brief fights, arguments, and insults traded between Samantha and Svan were about as common as rain in the jungle. In the time they had traveled together the Dhani had not only grown used to it, he had come to enjoy it. Well except for the parts that left his head ringing.

Regardless of his gloating Svan still recognized Samantha as the dangerous beast that she was, and he made sure to stifle the rising urge to laugh at Samantha's indignation. That is, until he saw Kiyeri. The snake fell into a laughing fit as the dark curls and childlike face fell out from under the hood.

"Snake, apologize to me. You have caused this one great pain." cried out the Myrian.

"I-I-I would but I can't breath!" Another fit of laughter overtook the snake. "You? You're gonna kill me?! HA! Have you even hit puberty? Svan said, obviously not convinced by her "womanly features". "Oh Goddess, I was almost worried you might be a threat but. Why you wouldn't even be a danger if you were a Myri-" Svan stopped mid-sentence as he scanned the woman like a piece of meat. He hadn't recognized it at first due to her smaller than average (for her race) stature, but this woman WAS a Myrian. The dark skin, the rough black hair, even the attitude. Especially the attitude. Everything pointed to one conclusion. This girl was a young Myrian. The same Myrians that ruled the jungles of Fayndar and had threatened his cousin sub-race for countless years.

Svan's smile grew impossibly large. "Oh this is just too good."

To hide his dhani nature from anyone, Svan has taken measures to hide his lisp. As such, he will not have any extra "ssss" on his words unless indicated otherwise.
Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Words: 361391
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2012, 1:56 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Samantha Grenth on July 5th, 2013, 6:49 pm

Samantha kept a constant growl as she started forward. Realizing that Svan paid no heed to her as an actual threat not only made her madder but calmer at the same time. Mentally confused she stopped growling. But she continued her trek forward. Samantha stopped in front of Svan just as he fell in a fit of laughter.

Following his gaze Samantha couldn't help but choke. Tigers couldn't laugh but they could sure as hell choke. Sitting down and trying to get air herself Samantha turned away from the girl. Just as Samantha was getting back her breathing pattern she look up. Svan had stopped laughing but now his eyes were looking at her much like she did to him.

When his smile grew even larger Samantha could't help but feel a pain of sorrow for the girl. If how Svan was looking at her mean't anything to Samantha it was that she was in fact a Myrian and Svan was planning on harming her.

Samantha sobered up instantly and quickly turned to face the girl. Taking in her appearance and then quickly darting her head back to Svan, Samantha let out an angry huff of air. She didn't know if she should keep this girl was being harmed by Svan an missing a chance at life or to side with Svan. She had heard of their kinds dispute but didn't take much to it seeing as it didn't effect her.

Deciding that the girl didn't deserve to be in the hands of Svan, who after knowing him and being in constant contact with, was relentless and uncaring just as much as Samantha. Maybe even worse. She still couldn't decide on that.

So Samantha stood and backed up. Blocking the way to the girl. Samantha let out a small snarl and looked at Svan pointedly, 'Stay away Snake.' A term she only thought or spoke when she mean't it. Svan hated it when she called him that and should know by now that she means business.

She hoped to every god out there that he picked up her mental speaking. During the time of this trip that had gotten used to not using words but body language and looks. Samantha swore they could almost read minds sometimes. And she was hoping it was one of those times, 'Svan, come on. Leave her.'

No matter how much she thought she still had a really bad feeling about this. Samantha backed up farther. Making sure to keep Svan in front of her and a good distance away from the girl if he started coming forward. It was weird walking backwards but Samantha managed.

She was almost to the girl if her ears were right. 'Poor girl.'
Samantha Grenth
Won't be home till night of 7/14!

Words: 82789
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2012, 6:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kiyeri on July 6th, 2013, 6:47 pm

A pang of guilt leaked through her. The very woman-tiger that she had stabbed (a pure accident) was clearly trying to protect her. She may not have understood much of her spoken language, but as a Myrian, she was familiar with the body language of a tiger. The snake laughed at her. "I am as much of a woman as any proper warrior of Myri!" she said, rather indignantly.

She didn't have the gall to explain how false that statement was. Kiyeri was humiliated enough.

Still, her puffed cheeks and angry face only made her look like a child in the process having a tantrum. She was never a real warrior, only a young girl. She never killed an intruder or enjoyed the spoils of war. She never ate the heart of her own enemies. She had only received her first tattoos a year before and she was still in her own process of learning to be a warrior before her sister died.

With her head held high she gave the snake a menacing glare (or as menacing as she could) and said, "Snake, your friend likes me more than you." A tiny smirk formed on her lips, "Unless, you want to feed the tiger, me, and my horse?" Damn it.

She needed work on her Common if she wanted to appear more fearsome. At this point, she only sounded more like an idiot than she intended. The bleeding on her face from her fall had ceased, but her cut had continued to ooze with blood. "Well?" she used her thumb to draw an arrow shaped symbol under her eyes. With her warpaint on, she only uttered one phrase, "I'm ready."
And in the spring I shed my skin
And it blows away with the changing wind
The waters turn from blue to red
As towards the sky I offer it

Kiyeri
This is a gift, it comes with a price.

Words: 29840
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2013, 8:01 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Licearsvansan on July 7th, 2013, 5:26 pm

OOCSvan is speaking with a dhani lisp

Svan was just about to show Kiyeri what her internal organs looked like when he was suddenly halted by a rudely huffing tiger. Svan looked down at Samantha in confusion which slowly dissolved into anger as he realized that she was defending the Myrian.

Snake

Svan heard the word almost as clearly as she had spoken it. The Dhani gave her an indignant glare and lowered his head as if to strike. He considered biting her and filling the tiger up with enough venom to kill two people, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Regardless of how annoying she was being right now, she was still a useful companion. She was quiet, helpful, and powerful. She had all the perks of having a tiger as a pet with out any of the responsibilities. In truth she was a near perfect traveling partner except for one thing. She was a free thinking individual, and that led to situations like this. Petch her, and petch her freedom of thought!

'Svan, come on. Leave her.'

"Oh? NOW you remember my name." Shouted the snake, forgetting that Samantha actually hadn't said anything. "You know, when your trying to convince someone not to butcher a Myrian, its usually a not a smart idea to remind the person that he is a PETCHING SNAKE! Myrians aren't exactly known for their snake appreciation festivals. But hey, I guess I'm asking for a little to much from a dumb BEAST!" Svan had a bit more venom his voice than usual, but what could be expected. Samantha's word had cut him deep, and defending this Myrian was all but a slap in the face. The Myrian wasn't helping.

"Snake, your friend likes me more than you."

Svan lifted his gaze to the woman and pointing at her, "You! You shut up or I will pick Samantha up AND BEAT YOU TO DEATH WITH HER! Such a feat was slightly out of Svan's ability, but right now he was so angry he was beginning to think it might just be possible. Svan turned back to the tiger and let out a slow hiss. "And you! What right do you have to defend this woman? What, have you never eaten a person before? You're a tiger aren't you? You kill things so that you can eat them, so do I. So who are you to stand between me and my prey?" Svan frowned at her. "And if I remember correctly, you were telling me to be more of a hunter just a few chimes ago. Well here I am, hunting!" Svan's expression softened slightly. "Move aside Samantha I'm not going to torture her, I'll just snap her neck-" Svan twisted his hands and made a popping sound "-Nice and quick, she won't feel a thing. Then I'll cut her and half and we can share her, I'll even let you choose which half you want." It must be quite the novel experience for Kiyeri to have someone talking about her like a cut of meat instead of a living person. Svan wasn't even giving her the benefit of the doubt that she could win or escape.

Svan's expression hardened again as he glared into the tigers eyes. "Now get out of my way, or am I really the only true hunter here." he said as he repeated her own words in the way he knew she hated.

To hide his dhani nature from anyone, Svan has taken measures to hide his lisp. As such, he will not have any extra "ssss" on his words unless indicated otherwise.
Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Samantha Grenth on July 8th, 2013, 1:14 am

Samantha tried not to flinch when Svan shouted at her. His glare did nothing to her anymore but he always was shouting. And during their time together their shouting matches never reached... this level. But Samantha failed and flinched. She didn't take her eyes off Svan but her body made the twitch and she regretted it.

Samantha hadn't used the term 'snake' as in a anger point but more so the point that she wanted his attention and now. Samantha was in the middle stopping by the Myrian when Svan called her a dumb beast. Samantha's eyes went from defensive to cold.

When the Myrian decided to speak Samantha almost lost it. Svan's threat didn't bother her, she knew his strengths and picking Samantha up and repeatedly swinging her... was not in that range. The snake hissed low at Samantha. Samantha could feel herself softening when he did but then he glared at her and spoke words that were fighting words.

Samantha's eyes blazed with fire. Samantha turned to the Myrian and roared at her before swiping a paw at her, careful to retract her claws so the woman would simply get hit and knocked away. Then Samantha turned her head to Svan. 'When does a hunter kill something so scrawny and lame? What prize would you get for bringing in the head of a fawn?' Samantha turned her body to Svan, 'You'd be the laughing stock for killing something so useless. Being told what a waste you are because you can't get the big prize.' Samantha tried to get Svans attention and anger on her. The real threat and prize out of the two females here. If she could do that then the other could leave.

Samantha lowered her body to the ground ready to pounce if he tried to get near her, 'Or am I the only true hunter here? Wouldn't you know this?' Samantha let her tail flick back and forth behind her, 'Of course not. You may say I'm the dumb beast but really.... who's the one trying to kill a child who is clearly an outcast.'

Samantha bared her teeth, 'But if you want to fight and end what you had started, then I'll gladly make it painful and hard for you to reach this girl.' Samantha pictured thoughts of her scars and of fire. She was still close to losing it and simply attacking and killing the snake but too many times had she been in the position of either in his grasp or he in hers for her to actually be able to kill him.

They had spent nights much like their first one together. Samantha wrapped in the coils of Svan as he layed on her. Not always did he or she sleep but it had made them feel safe. But this wasn't the time for her to be thinking about that. Samantha licked her chops in nerves and felt her body shiver in tension. She was a loaded spring ready to be released if Svan tried. She wasn't going to let this girl die, even if she was her race, because to Samantha. That was like her trying to kill Svan because he was a snake and she was a tiger. She was supposed to be the top predator between them but they were almost on equal footing.
Samantha Grenth

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kiyeri on July 8th, 2013, 8:13 pm

"Prey? PREY?!" She screeched, "No Myrian is prey to a snake! I would jump to my death on my horse's back before I let myself be digested in the belly of a Dhan-" The tigress' paw swiped after her, which forced Kiyeri to step back. For a moment, she had realized her own ignorance. All she had accomplished so far, were a few boasts and nothing more.
She couldn't exactly tell, but it seemed as if the tigress was...protecting her? But from how the Dhani reacted to the tigress' actions, and what little she could understand from his slurred Common, that appeared to be the case.

She grasped the reins of her horse tightly and tried to calm him down. She needed to get out of here.

"Snake!" she shouted, "You have wasted my time for too long." and with that, she swung on her stallion's back and tried to flee.

Kiyeri

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Licearsvansan on July 9th, 2013, 7:32 am

Samantha made a good point, she really did. Svan might have argued that they didn't have the luxury of hunting only the strongest, or point out that tigers in the wild went after the sickest and weakest animals in a pack and not the strongest, but it wouldn't have been impossible to convince him to let the girl go. Unfortunately, while Svan could often understand strong feelings or thoughts from Samantha, he couldn't translate entire rants. The message was just too complex and all he was able to really get was that Samantha strongly disagreed with him and she was willing to fight to protect the Myrian. This put Svan in a difficult spot. Svan had beaten Samantha before when he was MUCH weaker, but she still carried the capacity to be a threat. If he could simply bring himself to use lethal force on the tiger it would be a simple fight, and not one Sammy would walk away from. That being said, no matter how much Samantha was ticking him off right now it just didn't feel right to kill her. At least not over something like this. Maybe just a drop Svan wondered if Samantha would back down if he gave her a light dose of venom. Not enough to kill a tiger, but maybe enough to put down a human. Just so that he could remind her who held the real power here.

However, before Svan could decide whether or not to poison Samantha, the Myrian decided to run. What a two-faced coward! Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the same Myrian that was threatening me three seconds earlier? The Dhani inched forward as if to give chase but was reminded of the tiger in front of him. Svan stared her down for a few moments and then relented. "FINE! You want her to live so badly? There, shes gone. There goes dinner for the next week." Svan threw his hands up into the air in exasperation. "I don't get you. You're willing to through your life on the line for some stupid kid!" Svan slowly began to turn around and head away from Samantha. As he did so he began to work his fingers into talons once again. "You know, a REAL tiger wouldn't let her emotions get the better of her. A REAL tiger would have taken a free meal even if it was some petching girl." Svan turned his head toward the woman but kept his body facing away. "But then again, you're not a real tiger. No, you're just like you're mother." Svan didn't know what to expect from Samantha right now. He knew full well that her mother was a soft spot for her and invoking it was likely caused a horrible mix of both rage and sorrow withing her. She was a wild card now, she was just as likely to cry as she was to attack him, but it didn't matter. Svan wasn't trying to goad her into doing anything. His goal was to stun her with the heaviest insult he could throw so that she wouldn't even see the basketball sized bludgeon of a tail headed straight for her face.. The blow connected hard and Svan could feel the rattles in his tail vibrate on the impact. He had pulled the blow a bit so that it wouldn't kill her, but Svan had underestimated Samantha's fortitude since she was still standing. Quickly, Svan took advantage over her confusion and launched another blow with his rattle straight onto the tiger's nose. Again, not hard enough to cause any serious harm, but enough to leave her nose bleeding for a good while.

Seeing that Samantha wasn't going to get knocked out anytime soon, Svan shoved Samantha to the ground and hurried off in the direction of the fleeing Myrian. As soon as Svan's morph finished he dug his nails into the dirt and pulled himself forward at a sprinter's pace. The tiger could out run him, but it would be fairly impressive if she could give chase while the land was spinning around her. Before long Svan was out of sight and Samantha would have to track him if she wished to stop him. He knew she had a good nose, but it would take time for her to learn to ignore the scent of her own bloody nose and follow Kiyari's trail. Svan on the other hand could continue on following with ease long into the night. Kiyari had to stop when night fell, Svan didn't. Kiyari would have to sleep tonight, but Svan would not. Two hours of slumber could be made up at a later date. For now, he enjoyed the hunt.

Several bells later the sun had finally fallen and Svan's trail was growing stronger. He hadn't been able to out run a horse but it wasn't impossible to outlast one. They needed to rest often and once it went dark the world became a dangerous place for those without any means of seeing. Leth was empty tonight and Svan could only see through his normal vision with the faint few dying embers of the setting sun. As he approached the source of the smell Svan wondered how he should approach the Myrian. By placing his jaw upon the ground Svan was able to see, or rather "hear", her vibrations and determine her exact position of her and the horse with ease. It would be a simple task to sneak up behind her and kill her before she even knew. Unfortunately, Svan had wasted too much energy chasing this woman not to at least enjoy this kill. He placed his head against the ground and listened carefully. In the far corner he could hear large rhythmic vibrations. it was the horse, either resting or sleeping. Closer to Svan and with a tree between them Svan could hear the sporadic breaths of a smaller creature. The myrian Svan thought with grim satisfaction. The snake lifted his head off the ground and began searching through his pack for a few items. First was a sturdy piece of rope with a grapple attached, a strange vial of fluid, and a bag of caltops. First Svan circled around her towards the horse and using a stick he hooked the grapple onto the horses saddle and tied the other end of the rope to a tree. He then doubled back and made his way up to Kiyeri's back. Once he was right behind the tree he lept out like a ghost and shot his arm at Kiyeri's throat. "Whatssss wrong? You sssound like you're out of breath." Svan had a cruel mocking look in his eye.

"Give me one good reason why I ssshouldn't kill you." It was always a difficult question to answer to a Dhani. Even harder when that Dhani was trying to squeeze the life out of you.

oocGot permission from Samantha to hit her. Kiyeri, feel free to determine where Svan ends up grabbing you. Be it the throat, the arm,no where or somewhere else.

Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Samantha Grenth on July 10th, 2013, 5:38 am

Samantha shifted in her pose as Svan seemed to drink in his situation. Peaking from his mouth was not something she wanted to see anymore of more or less feel. Samantha heard the Myrian take off on her stead and growled when Svan inched forward, 'Svan!' Svan stopped and stared at her for a few moments before he started yelling again.

She stood, or crouched, her ground and watched the snake. Samantha snorted at his mention of dinner for the next week, that girl was less than a Quarter deer when it came to meat. She watched as Svan turned around and walked around but she stayed. She knew it could have been a trap. Samantha's ears laid flat on her head and her mouth opened up wider as she let out a his at his taunting.

She wasn't a 'real' tiger, they had gone over this. She was Samantha. And Samantha was a Kelvic in the form of a tiger. The next words he spoke made her snap. Seeing red for the first in a while Samantha let out a roar and started to run forward. She connected, or more she was connected with. Stumbling in her last steps Samantha shook her head and tried to see clearly.

Samantha let out a snarl when her vision didn't clear and then let out a whine when something connected again with her face. Blood. She could feel blood coming out of her nose. Letting out a snarl again Samantha turned her dizzy focus to the blurred Svan. Before she could do anything she was being shoved.

Landing on the ground with a soft thump Samantha let out a growl. Samantha didn't move from her side for several chimes. Her head was pounding, her nose was still bleeding, and she couldn't see. Well she could see but everything was blurry and spinning.

No longer under the raw influence of being an angry tigress, Samantha let out a whimper. Letting out a cry of anger and confusion Samantha pulled herself up. How could Svan do that? Was the Myrian, who wasn't even going to be able to kill Svan, who hadn't hurt Svan, really that important that he had to say that. Samantha didn't understand the reason but she knew that he had not only hit her with words, but physically hit her.

The anger slowly returned. Samantha's vision had cleared, she didn't know how long she had been laying down or standing there but it was enough for her to see the ground and her nose wasn't bleeding as bad. Samantha turned around and let out a loud roar. Anything with-in distance was definitely on spook or defense mode.

Samantha took off. She couldn't smell anything and she had to stop every now and then to let her vision straighten but she could see where Svan had slithered on. There was upturned ground everywhere so she guessed her was dragging himself. All the easier to find him with. In the back of her mind she knew she would get there too late for the girl but right now she knew she would get there in time for Svan to be busy and take the final killing blow.

She guessed the girl was really worth that much. But to Samantha right now, she was simply the distraction she had been needing. Svan's blood would be pilled and Samantha would finally be triumphant. Just as she was filled with more adrenaline she noticed something. Stopping and breathing heavily Samantha took a look around.

While nothing was in hearing range her vision was starting to darken. Looking around then looking up Samantha let out an angry huff. Her lighting was slowly going. Looking back again Samantha went to take off again but had to stop. Her vision blurred and she found herself tumbling to the ground. 'God dammit. Svan, your ass better be ready to die because you for sure are going to.' Samantha pulled herself up and stumbled on.

She had to be close, she had to be.
Samantha Grenth

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kiyeri on July 14th, 2013, 10:48 pm

She rode that horse as fast as she could, and picked up dirt and leaves in her wake. She barely stopped, and refused to rest.The snake wanted her dead. The snake wanted her gone. But what did she do? She barely touched him. If anything, the tiger had more leverage to hate her than the snake did. She tried to think of good things. Adventures. Hiding in trees when the sun was too hot. Her grandmother's laughter. Anything to keep her mind away from the chase.

As much as she wanted to ride through all of Kalea, Kiyeri knew that Nkomo had grown weary as the chimes wore on. She too, had become tired after riding for so long, so she, begrudgingly, decided it was a good time to stop.

She led him to a cluster of trees that would better hide him and her within the night's approaching darkness and tried to be as calm as she could so he wouldn't be so spooked.

"Sleep. You were good today.", she whispered as she rubbed his side. For a young horse, he seemed to be as smart as any non-animal. When he finally slept, she rested her own body against his, using him as a makeshift pillow for her neck. Her breathing had grown shallow. She was still in shock, still frightened.

"Whatssss wrong? You sssound like you're out of breath."

Icy-cold fingers encircled her neck, she could barely speak, "Petch off, Dhani!" she hissed as she scrambled under his grasp. She couldn't die like this. She didn't want to die at all.

Kiyeri

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Licearsvansan on July 16th, 2013, 12:37 am

Svan smiled cruelly at the woman's response. He had his hand around her throat and all she could think to say was some half baked insult. Svan nearly shook his head. Apperently the profundity of one's last word was overated. Another person might commend Kiyeri for standing tall in the face of certain death, but Svan couldn't even give her points for trying. She was barely squirming to escape, she hadn't stuck back, and Svan could tell by her paniked heart beat that she was racked in fear. The woman couldn't be asking for death anymore even if she hopped herself onto a dinner plate.

"Petch off, Dhani?" The snake replied as if deep in thought. "Interesting arguement," the snake continued in in feigned astonishment before his expression turned black ", but not exactly sharp." his final word slid off his tongue evilly. "Allow me to offer my rebuttal." Svan said as he lifted the Myrian by the throat with one hand and moved his hand to grab the bag at his side. Within a moment Svan had freed the bag of caltrops, and in one fluid motion he scattered its contents onto the floor at his side. Svan glanced over to the spikes and then quickly back to the Myrian with an ugly smirk stretched across his scaly face. He found that pain hurt much more when someone knew it was about to happen. His goal was not to threaten the Myrian, but rather to give her just enough time to see the pain coming but not enough to brace her self.

With Dhani his full Dhani strenght Svan twisted on his tail and smashed the Myrian as hard as he could into the center of the caltrop ridden ground. With he quickly recoiled and began slithering back, shouting, "I know its a bit 'heavy handed' but I'm sure you've gotten my 'point'." He was beginning to see why so many Dhani were cruel. He was enjoying playing with his food far more than he should be, and since this woman was a Myrian he could do it all he wanted with out his nasty concience rising up to rebuke him. What Svan didn't realize though was that While his concience wasn't coming to try and stop him, Samantha was. It wouldn't be long before the tiger kelvic intervened, and it was good timing too.

Because if Svan didn't kill the Myrian, his puns certainly would.

Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext