Adventure Time ['Svan and Samantha]

Come on, grab your friends, we'll journey through distant lands!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The vast mountain range of Kalea is home of secret valleys, dead-end canyons, and passes that lead to places long forgotten or yet to be discovered.

Postby Kiyeri on March 29th, 2013, 6:01 am

Day 40 of spring
513 AV

The Myrian swept into the Kalea region with little fanfare. She was tired and the trek she had to make the week before was nearly sleepless. Nkomo, her companion, once as energetic as a child, was now weary and with his head bowed towards the grass...all it could think about was to go over one last hill.

"One more valley...hill...just one more...", Kiyeri hoarsed, the hood that hid her face felt hot and unbearable, so she let her head peek through to see what was up ahead. Near the trail was a small brook, a tiny stretch of water, but it was enough for the beaten down exile and her friend. She made a clicking sound, "We make camp here." She replaced the cloak's hood over her hair and led Nkomo's white body down to the water's surface. The sun hung low over them, and with a horizon that was a mix of purples, reds, oranges, and a tinge of blue, they both knew that twilight and soon night, would be at hand.

"Drink up." she said as she dismounted the creature's form, "You've done well." and patted his back and hind quarters as a way of saying, 'Thank you'.

So, this was Kalea?

Of course, she knew that there was more to the region than just the Unforgiving, but she only knew of what she heard from stories. Cities of glass, creatures that suck the blood out of humans and other folk, stories her grandmother told her.

'Eiya...' She placed a hand on her pendant. Kiyeri could only imagine the old woman's wizened face, solid features set in a sad look that only a person in mourning could ever replicate.

'I am sorry.'

But it was too late for apologies. Kalea was only a first step in her journey. The hardest was only beginning.
And in the spring I shed my skin
And it blows away with the changing wind
The waters turn from blue to red
As towards the sky I offer it

Kiyeri
This is a gift, it comes with a price.

Words: 29840
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2013, 8:01 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Licearsvansan on March 29th, 2013, 7:03 am

......... My journey is my destination.

The days had passed by fairly well all things considered. Whoever said "familiarity breeds contempt" had apparently forgot to include Svan and Samantha. Friends might be an overstatement, but Svan was notably friendlier to Samantha than he was to most people. The two had to rely on one another because if they didn't work together, they were likely to die apart. Still there was more to their relationship than simple fear of death. Svan found that he began to trust and respect the tiger more each day as he began to see all parts of her personality. She was strong, proud, clever, and underneath the snarling face she was even kind. Sure they still argued and fought, but they also cooperated and helped one another. Surprisingly, the two made a fairly impressing pair when they managed to put aside their differences.

Today was not one of those days.

"Well MAYBE we would have more food if SOMEONE did their job better? Seriously, how do you lose a quarterdeer? Those things practically hop into you mouth!" Svan shouted at the Samantha. Just moments earlier, a quarterdeer had escaped with its life by running from the tiger and heading straight past Svan. The unfortunate collision that resulted left both members of the party just a little salty. The continued lack of meat in their packs, left both of them furious. For the tiger, eating meat was simply preferable. For Svan, it was all that mattered. The snake's empty stomach growled out, and the dhani whined loudly to the tigress, "Petch it Samantha, I'm gonna die if I don't eat something." Svan was in little actual danger of death due to the strips of salted jerky he had in his pack, but he found the idea of starving to death nearly preferable to eating those again.

The failure wasn't only Samantha's fault of course. Svan should have caught the deer since it came so close to him, but he prefered to let the tigress hunt while he stood back and used his dhani form's thermal sight to point out all the little animals of the wild for her to catch.

As the two argued on, Neither had any idea of the myrian outcast who had just made camp upstream.

To hide his dhani nature from anyone, Svan has taken measures to hide his lisp. As such, he will not have any extra "ssss" on his words unless indicated otherwise.
Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Words: 361391
Joined roleplay: December 6th, 2012, 1:56 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Samantha Grenth on March 29th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Samantha had absolutely no idea how the two had gotten along this far. Food hadn't been a problem until the foliage got even thinner. Their tempers had only been a problem mostly in the morning and when Svan found something animal like of Samantha to tease on about. In to which she would growl at him or flick him. Sometimes contemplating eating him and going on her marry way.

But somehow they ended up closer. Not the closeness that friends find with each other when they are stuck together. But more the closeness a well oiled machine. But add something new or take away a piece, even the smallest, and everything would slowly crumble. Though the two had quickly learned to deal with those problems.

This was not one of the problems.

Samantha glared at Svan and then let out a small hiss at his accusation. She was doing the best she could. She was not used to having to share and help others for food. Their last large meal, not really large as it was a cub, had long ran out, and their last small meal lasted two days with their travel pace.

This last Quaterdeer was supposed to last them this meal and some snacks along the way. But the stupid deer had led Samantha into a small rabbit hole, gotten her stuck, and when we finally recovered it ran right by Svan.

Samantha wanted to flinch at his yelling but she stood her ground and seethed. As his stomach growled Samantha raised and eyebrow. When he whined she groaned and slapped her forehead. "
Of all the snakes. You by far are the most annoying. I mean really. How hard is it for you to become and tiny snake-person thing, go into another snake whole and eat some eggs? Or even find some bird eggs!" Samantha sneered at him.

Samantha leaned in and then pressed against the snakes chest with a clawed finger, "
Or am I really the only true hunter here, while your just some carry-on waiting to be eaten."

Samantha Grenth
Won't be home till night of 7/14!

Words: 82789
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2012, 6:13 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kiyeri on March 30th, 2013, 3:05 am

"Thank Myri and Makutsi this was here huh, boy?" She asked after she doused some more water on his legs. She hoped it would loosen up his joints, he did so much for her, when he could've always ran away. Always. Kiyeri felt more than a little guilty at that realization. He may not have been a tiger, but his loyalty made up for that.

Cupping her hands into the water's surface, she greedily drank up to her heart's content. She had been traveling for days. Fresh water became a rare luxury. She continued this ritual until a voice roused her from the water, making her look up.

"Of all the snakes. You, by far, are the most annoying."

Snakes?

Then it dawned on her, a dhani. Her blood grew cold and she immediately lashed out at the others, and cried in broken common, "YOU! DHANI...enemies. No come here. I kill you."

She brandished a knife...used for dining, and took a warrior's stance. To be fair, the image would've look ridiculous to most, but to a Myrian, this meant business. She had to protect what little she had.

"I will eat your heart and wear your entrails as jewelry. And I shall do the same to your lover." she cursed in her mother tongue.

Kiyeri

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Licearsvansan on March 30th, 2013, 6:05 am

OOCSvan is speaking with a dhani lisp

How dare she! A dhani was the furthest thing from carrion, and it was blaphemy to suggest that a being as powerful as a dhani could be considered useless. "Oh sure Samantha, I could just slip my twenty foot long body down any common snake hole. Thats why all snakes make giant entrances to their nests. They just love it when giant predators come waltzing into their homes and eat their young. Do you think they will offer me some tea while I'm down there? Perhaps they will cook the eggs for me? The sarcasm in Svan's tone was practicaly sharp enough to cut steel.

The snake began to circle the tiger in a challenging manner. His unblinking eyes never turned from hers for even a moment. It was if he was daring her to test her courage and face him, but he refused to make the first move. Instead he continued on with obviously exagerated emotions, "And I'm sorry I'm such dead wait to the true hunter. Last week when my heat pits saved you from tripping over that porcupine I should have jusst shut up. I'm sure it wass all just part of your plan to take the petcher by suprise wasn't it? Was losing the deer part of the true hunter's plans as well? Or...", Svan raised his hand and flipped up a finger to remind her of her broken nail. "...perhaps it just slipped through your fingers?" The dhani gave a wry smile as he reminded her of one of the wounds she had recieved from their first scrap.

Knowing Samantha's short temper meant that she could go from docile to murderous in a few seconds, Svan backed away and mentaly prepared himself to be attacked. What he was not prepared for however, was the voice in broken common that shouted out behind him.

"YOU! DHANI...enemies. No come here. I kill you."

Svan stood still for a moment as his mind registered what was happening. The petch? Am I hearing things or did we just bump into a stranger in the middle of nowhere without trying? Svan's heat pits flared and he saw the figure standing to his left. And suprise suprise, it wants to kill me. After glaring at Samantha a few moments more, the snakes eyes flicked over to see the dark figure that was Kiyeri. While his normal vision was nearly useless in this light, he could see her heat signatures quite clearly. The first though that crossed though his mind was a laugh. Coincidentally it was also the first thing out of his mouth. Her stance was nearly as laughable as her weapon. Svan knew little of actual combat, but 117 years of being beaten around like a rag doll had resulted in him learning difference between a person could kick his butt blind folded, and one who would make a fine appetizer. Svan was currently suspecting the latter in this case.

"You know... most people learn how to speak the common language before learning how to kill a god like me" Humility was always Svan's best features. "Tell me girl. Why shouldn't I come over there. Are you really going to stop me? Do you think you CAN stop me?"

As the snake began to advance on the woman his eyes were filled with hunger. He wondered whether Samantha would care if he ate the little shyke in front of her. Tigers eat people right?
Last edited by Licearsvansan on July 5th, 2013, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

To hide his dhani nature from anyone, Svan has taken measures to hide his lisp. As such, he will not have any extra "ssss" on his words unless indicated otherwise.
Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Samantha Grenth on March 31st, 2013, 1:57 am

Samantha growled at Svan when the snake started on with his long explanation on snakes and predators. She wasn't stupid she knew how mating hole and such worked, what she didn't know was how the Dhani worked. How their shifts worked and such. She thought it was close to the Kelvics where they could shift their whole forms.

Samantha let out another warning growl when he began to circle her. She was the predator here and she, not one single bit, liked being circled like prey. Samantha was tempted to take up the challenge in his eyes and tackle him to the ground. Then proceed to bite his shoulder. For the many-ith time.

But Samantha kept her cool... until he had to taunt her lost nail, which had grown back... of course not fully. It was the shortest of them all. Samantha watched as his eyes shifted to defense after his comment and her body tensing but her eyes snapped to a figure behind him just as it spoke.

Samantha let out a loud growl at the figure. Svan was hers to kill. Not anyone else's. Samantha didn't care about the figure's stance, even though it was off entirely even to Samantha's eyes. What she cared about was Svan trying to either impress Samantha or simply show a mockery of himself. Samantha went with the later.

But Samantha was already pissed she she took the time that he turned away to quickly throw off her clothes, shift, and then tackle Svan from behind. Successfully getting on him Samantha let out a loud roar at them both. Her murderous eyes landed on the woman and stared dairying at her. Waiting for her to try and attack her kill. Not that she was going to eat Svan yet. Maybe after she got rid of this drenched mockery.
Last edited by Samantha Grenth on July 5th, 2013, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha Grenth

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kiyeri on April 3rd, 2013, 12:46 am

"You mock me?"! she cursed in Myrian."I serve no foreign gods. I am child of Myri!" God or not, Kiyeri already had it set in her mind to kill him. She nearly snorted when the vile creature tried to intimidate her.

"I fight until I die..." she growled.

The woman would've been a casualty. Or, at least she would of.

The dark haired woman snarled at her, as if she were some breed of animal, herself and began to strip. "The petch?! Are you crazy?!" Her blood turned cold as the other female morphed into a tiger. Something she had only heard of.

Was it a sign from Myri? She backed away a bit, still swinging her knife hand about as she tried to protect her horse, who was slightly spooked by the shifting woman. This was confusing. She didn't know where to start. Should she tempt her fate with the tiger-woman? Or run?

Kiyeri

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Licearsvansan on April 3rd, 2013, 4:37 am

OOCSvan is speaking with a dhani lisp

Svan knew what the saying "even the gods can fall" meant. He however gave it a new meaning as his head was smashed, once again, into the ground. What the petch does this woman have against my skull. The snake groaned in discomfort both at the tiger paw in his back, and at the woman's ability to catch him off guard. He hadn't expected the woman to attack him when there was another threat around to endanger them. Svan grabbed his jaw and manualy popped it back into shape. By the gods, if she keeps this record up I'll be braindead before the season's end.

A devastatingly loud roar filled the air and Svan was immediately made aware of just how angry the tiger was. Svan's head raced to find a way out before Samantha could add another scar to match the one she had given him in their first fight. Noticing that the tiger was now being distracted by the newcomer, Svan slowly raised his tail into the air behind her body. While she had succesfully pinned Svan in his human form before, it was a rather hopeless idea to try and restrain him in his long dhani form. Once his tail was well above the tiger, Svan swung it down as hard as he could manage, and used the momentum of it slapping the ground to pivot his body and face Samantha. Not wanting to face the kelvic without returning the gift of a bruised jaw, Svan grabbed at his wrist with one arm and drove an elbow at Samantha with the other as he turned onto his back.

Svan now lie belly up facing a 400lb tiger that he had just attacked. There were admittably better positions to be in. Oh petch, I can smell her breath now. His snake face adjusted into what was apperently a look of disgust. "Samantha, as much as I'm flattered by your consistant attempts to mount me, I'm afraid I have to tell you that you're not my type." The Dhani moved his powerful tail under the tiger's body and place his hands on her chest. "You see, I prefer girls with a little less meat here..." Svan patted her chest before grabbing hold of it. "...and a little more meat inside their skull." In a single move the Dhani whipped his tail against the ground so that it blasted into Samantha's stomache with a launching force, and heaved with his arms to send the tiger up, over his head, and into the Myrian behind them.

The snake lie on the ground for a few precious moments as he congratulated himself. Svan normally would struggle to even bench the 400lb tiger in his dhani form, but unlike his frail arms his tail was made nearly entirely of pure muscle. Even so, launching a tiger was no small feat, and it took Svan several moments before he could feel the rejuvinating touch of warmth working to restore strength to his body. The dhani twisted his body backwards and coiled himself up to face the tigress and myrian once again. There was a noticable smile spread accross his face.

"How do you like that move? I call it the cat-apult."

Licearsvansan
Reforming Dhani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Samantha Grenth on April 4th, 2013, 3:09 am

OOCDidn't want to give Svn the satisfaction of hitting her this once, so he hit her chest hair

Samantha slowly took her eyes off of the woman to look down at Svan after she felt him move, heard a loud thump on the ground, and the movement of her hair moving. When she finally had her sights on Svan she noticed his arms and let out a grow. The idiot had tried to attack her while she was simply keeping him out of... the self danger he would cause upon himself.

She wasn't worried about the stupid woman up ahead. She wasn't even really worried about Svan much. Really she just wanted to have a hunting parter that was un injured... though she might have helped with another head injury.

Samantha snorted at his face after a particularly heavy breath. And then again snorted at his attempt to call her pouncing him 'mounting' him. She felt his tail move under her and growled down at him. She did not like where this was going. When he grabbed her chest Samantha narrowed her eyes and let him know just how close to being eaten he was.

Her chest was perfectly fine and she didn't care if he liked small breasted dim wits. Because as much as he would like to think there were very few woman, Samantha is a tiger not a woman, who used their brain. She had heard too much of words of 'men' coming out of womans mouths now for her to have faith in their brains.

A little too late Samantha found herself in the air. A moments of confusion took over as she found herself with her body flipping over before she realized where she was headed and turned her body so she would bounce off the woman.

Samantha was sure she felt a quick pain along her side and stomach as she clashed into the woman but once her body hit the feet she quickly bounced off her. Much like a wall. Samantha landed in front of the woman face away from both of the creatures. Samantha turned so her back end would knock into the woman if she came near and allowed her tail to swipe back and forth hard to catch the woman for an extra surprise.

Once Samantha had her eyes on the snake she found herself holding out a long angry growl. Her body taking on the predator walk that he was all too familiar with. In fact, she hated that move and was going to show just how much she hated it as soon as she got close enough to finally sink her teeth into his throat.

But maybe she wanted to play with her food first... Decision, Decisions.
Last edited by Samantha Grenth on July 5th, 2013, 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samantha Grenth

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kiyeri on July 4th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Her legs wavered, she could see the tiger-woman catapult backwards to her direction. She stumbled, with one hand awkwardly protecting her face, while the other held her knife in place, which struck the tiger-woman by accident. Nkomo's hooves gaited up and beat the ground in terror as she fell. A sharp rock struck her face, cutting her, and made her remove her hood. Her hair was a curly mess, as usual. But her face was young and brown, her eyes, wide and green, were now pinched in pain.

She was a teenager, clearly more younger and inexperienced than the other two, and when she finally opened her eyes, she seemed even younger.

"Snake, apologize to me. You have caused this one great pain."

Kiyeri was embarrassed, and at this point, she felt like fleeing, she had shamed herself one too many times, to mar her already bland looks (in Myrian eyes), felt like another misfortune. In pain, but still too proud to appear like a sore loser, she shimmied back to her feet with her knife in hand. Why did she ven bother with this? She should have left when she had the chance.

Kiyeri

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Next