Meeting new people [Spirit and Abyda]

The two meet up and get to know eachother a little better, after their original encounter

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on March 29th, 2013, 6:35 pm

--Spring 20th—

Spirit lay on the cold ground, eyes closed, and appearing to be sleeping. Wind lay next to her in an equally relaxed position. She had her hands beneath her head and was on her back, face peering straight at the sky. In truth, she was not sleeping, but simply enjoying the wilderness around her. It was about the middle of the day, with the sun high in the sky, and Spirit was bored with nothing to do. She was planning out the days to come in her mind, completely oblivious to her surroundings. It would be quite simple for anything to sneak up on her. Though it was early spring, it was obvious, even for Avanthal. The occasional bird could be hear piping through the trees, the breeze was soft and warm, and there was a small, young flower sitting right above the Vantha’s head. She moved her arms back, about to stretch widely, until her fingers brushed the flower’s soft petals. A small smile touched the girls lips, and she began to explore the newborn plant with her fingers, attempting to find out which species it was. If her eyes were open, and she looked at the flower, she would see the three closed petals were bright orange, and the stem with the single, small leaf were also a bright green, standing out from the snow. It was really quite amazing that she hadn’t noticed the bud before, when she lay down, and Spirit considered the fact that it might have popped up while her eyes were closed for a few moments. Spirit stayed in this state of contemplation for a while, the sun began to move slightly down the horizon.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Abyda on March 29th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Abyda rarely ever found a quiet spot in which she could just wonder about freely and without interruption. During her time spent alone with just her mother travelling, she had all the time in the world to just contemplate. Her hatred of what she had been subject to slowly faded when she was alone, she could just switch off and become one with her surroundings. Abyda took in the wafting aroma of spring in, what she saw to be, the most beautiful place in all of Mizahar. Ruffling her hands through fallen petals and gingerly crunching leaves beneath her feet, Abyda strolled around thinking of all the things she would do in the future. She would learn everything there is to learn about Avanthal and its effervescent beauty, She would obtain a stable job and make the work load of her mother lighter, perhaps allow her to stop altogether, I may even find someone....someone she could - Abyda stopped when she opened her eyes and found she was staring directly at a Vanthian girl laying below her. Abyda blinked.
Abyda
No emotions. No love. That is why I am deadly

Words: 6042
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2013, 11:34 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on March 29th, 2013, 6:59 pm

Spirit, finally paying attention to the outside world again opened her eyes and looked directly up into the face of another. She blinked once, mirroring the other girl's actions, and finally recognized who she was looking at. It was that girl she had met a little while ago... the one with the scars, and who fell down. What was she doing here? The Vantha didn't even bother to hide her surprise at the newcomer, but continued to stare straight up. She felt no twinge of anger at having her private time invaded, but rather just pure, intense, surprise and confusion, mixed with a little curiosity. Except for her eyes, Spirit didn't move at all for several moments, and finally asked
"Uh why are you here?" very un-diplomatically. She wasn't really thinking about that sort of thing, just overcome by her emotions. In fact, she wasn't even thinking about the mysteries that had appeared at their first meeting. All that went through her mind was that simple question which she had voiced originally.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Abyda on March 29th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Abyda was in the forest to be alone. She wanted-no craved solitude, and here was a girl she knew nothing about or had ever met, a stranger-or not...Abyda had seen her before... Oh, she thought, this is the girl I met earlier, with that fair haired Vantha male. Abyda was suddenly aware she was just standing over this girl staring at her. She asked what she was doing there. Her, ask what Abyda was doing? Abyda was there first, after all. The Vantha girl's long black hair caught the setting sun and ripples of green could be seen as she stood up. Abyda was starting to feel little angry at this girl who looked not very much older than herself who presumed she had the right to ask what she was doing here, in so crude a voice.
She straightened her worn black cloak and replied, rather harshly, "What I'm doing here isn't really any of your business. Now, if you don't mind I'd like to be alone, you know like I was before you interrupted."
Abyda

Character sheet

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on March 29th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Spirit felt slightly hurt by the girl's rude reply, but her mind cleared. Of course, the answer was obvious, she was there for the exact same reason as Spirit herself. The girl's tone of voice got on the Vantha's nerves a little, and she decided that a sarcastic response was probably the best was to go.

"You were here first? You were the one moving! I've been here for well over an hour!" A glance at the sky confirmed that last in her mind. Spirit crossed her arms stiffly and glared at the invader. Normally, she would be open and happy for something new to happen, but the initial response had set her on guard. It wasn't her fault that this probably wasn't going to turn out well in the end. First impressions really were everything. Spirit ignored the ragged state of her clothing after lying in the snow, and continued her stubborn vigil staring at the girl. Calling her 'girl' was beginning to get annoying, but she payed attention to the subtle vibe telling her that asking her name was possibly not the best course of action in this situation.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Abyda on March 29th, 2013, 7:53 pm

Her sarcastic response irritated her some. Just then, Abyda remembered how concerned she was about her scars and how she immediately helped her when she, rather embarrassingly, collapsed in front of her. She recollected how their attention and concern almost brought tears to her eyes. In this situation, Abyda's immediate reaction would either be responding with a snarky, witty comment, or merely walking away, the very thing she was about to do when her mother's words creeped into her mind. You're a wonderful girl, Abyda, you just never let people see that. Ahe bit her lip, eyeing the girl up and down. She tried to think of something...nice she could say and merely came up with, "So, what's your name then?"
Abyda

Character sheet

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on March 29th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Noticing the change in tone, Spirit fought hard to return to her normal self. It would be so much easier to remain annoyed and deflect the girl's new question, but she really needed to be polite. This was so unlike her... She shook her head, causing the highlights in her hair to glint in the sun, and returned the girl's smile. Copying the change in attitude, she replied with energy
"Spirit! Spirit Frostfawn. And your's?" She had noticed earlier the girl struggling with herself, and felt slightly guilty at being so rude. She let her arms relax and clasped them behind her back.
"And...ah... I'm sorry for being rude... you woke me up" It was kind of a lie, but she wanted to apologize and not blame it on the girl. She gave a small smile to prove her point.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Abyda on March 29th, 2013, 8:23 pm

The girl's smile was extremely reassuring...and a little contagious. Abyda broke into a slight grin.
"Uh..it's fine, I...er, kind of interrupted you anyway", she said a little awkwardly, brushing back a little of her black shawl that covered her charcoal curls. Abyda realised Spirit had given her name and that common courtesy dictated she give hers.
"I am Abyda, Abyda Moktilla. Sorry for...waking you up...and thank you for before, when you helped me...no one had ever done that before, so...thanks...again." Abyda found herself stammering a little. I am really bad at this. Keeping people interaction to a minimum is just so much easier.
"Sorry...I don't really - talk to people often."
Abyda

Character sheet

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on March 29th, 2013, 11:57 pm

Spirit laughed kindly, noting the girl's awkwardness. Her current course of action was probably the best... and things were turning out pretty well. It was quite obvious she wasn't very good at talking to people, which the Vantha understood completely. Her turquoise eyes as well as her mouth smiled at Abyda as she brushed back a dark curl.

"Well, it's nice to meet you again Abyda! And about helping you, no problem. It's what people should do" Spirit frowned slightly when she remembered the girl saying 'no one has ever done this for me', but quickly turned it into a grin.

"Hey, if we're going to have an actual conversation, how about we sit down?" Spirit pointed towards a large rock jutting out of the ground, perfect for leaning against. She began to walk towards the spot, but stopped an looked back, giving Abyda time to follow.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Noblesse on July 28th, 2013, 3:58 am

Spirit Frostfawn :
Experience:
  • Observation +1
  • Interrogation +1
  • Socialization +1

Lores:
  • Lazing About on a Boring Day
  • First Impressions Are Everything

Notes:
Just a reminder, Avanthal is chilly all year round and so it would never get that warm spring breeze. In fact, it would get even colder now that the ice goddess had returned to her frozen abode.

It was interesting to see Spirit get irritated by somebody since I mostly saw her as this friendly, carefree girl. This was during your first week roleplaying as Spirit, and I'm so happy that your posts now have significantly improved from before!

Abyda Moktilla :
If ever Abyda logs in again and wants to receive her rewards in this thread, just PM me and I will post it here.

True nobility lies in being superior to your former self
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. Heehee.
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Race: Staff account
Office