Closed The Plot Thickens (Amolina)

Marcus contacts Amolina to steal documents from Ino Vations.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Plot Thickens (Amolina)

Postby Marcus Ahysen on April 3rd, 2013, 8:31 pm

The Plot Thickens

Timestamp: 2nd of Spring, 513 AV
A continuation of the Undercover at Ino Vations plot.

Marcus was already at the temple, kneeling in one of the pews before the black shard. He was not dressed in his Black Sun attire, but rather a plain set of clothes suitable for a commoner of Ravok. He was still undercover, afterall. The temple was actually a perfect place for him to go for the meeting. Nobody would question a citizen of Ravok visiting the temple, and it was unlikely to arouse suspicion from his "boss," Nolan Parnell, or Tradino Adarius as he was formerly known.

Marcus was an agent of the Black Sun, and one who wanted to one day be stationed outside the city of Ravok. For an agent, there was no better way to make a name for ones self than to come home from a mission outside the city with word of success, but Marcus had a lot of training to complete before he could ever do that. He had been assigned the Trandino mission to practice. Marcus had discovered something interesting on his very first day, but had yet to find a chance to delve more into it. In the end, he decided to hire outside help. And so it was that Marcus found himself at the temple, waiting for his contact to arrive.

He did not know the contacts name, and truly all he had was a vague description of her. A woman of average height, dramatically dressed, with brown hair and crystal blue eyes. Luckily, the temple was not incredibly busy that morning, and if she arrived dressed in something dramatic, perhaps it would make her easier to find. Until then, Marcus would simply pray.

"Lord Rhysol. It has been a while since I have spoken to you here in your temple. I am sorry for that. As you know, my new... employer keeps me very busy. But I am close. I believe I am. Today I take the next step, and I pray I am successful. If that is your wish, of course."
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Words: 119215
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amolina on April 4th, 2013, 3:27 pm

~ Amolina Moletta ~

Morning, 9 bells

Amolina Moletta was standing in the central worship chamber of the Temple of The Black Sun. Her dark brown hair was put up in a seemingly nonchalant way that had taken hours to fix, and her face had the vaguely artificial and at same time commonplace beauty that can be achieved by skilled use of cosmetics. This too had taken time to get in place, as she still had much to learn about it.

She wore a long, dark violet dress. It was the kind of dress that was never the latest fashion, not even when it was new. It was a dress made to last, looking expensive and elegant. Out of respect for the temple and the god she had added black silk gloves that covered her arms up over the elbows. To Amolina this style wasn’t so dramatic, but she had noticed that other people sometimes found it so.

She turned her light crystal blue gaze to the dome and watched the dark mural depicting the grand figure of Rhysol protecting people after the Valterran. Troublesome thoughts worried her : As usual when she visited the temple the god didn’t give any sign of existing. She felt this absence like an empty void inside, where something should have been, but wasn’t there. Perhaps there was a flaw in her perception, that made her mind be deaf and blind, unable to discern the presence of the god. What if the god was speaking to her right now, and she wasn’t aware of it? It could also be that she wasn’t found worthy. The inner emptiness she felt could mean many things.

Amolina was an actress. Not a well known actress, yet, but an ambitious one and with an intense desire to advance in society. But the reason she was here was that she had applied for a well paid temporary job just for the mizas, and been sent to the temple.

She was waiting, but for what ? She didn’t know. She didn’t know if she would be contacted at all, or by whom, or when. But she had been told it was a man she needed to speak with. That was all. And it was not like she could ask. The job had been very vaguely described and the only thing she felt sure of was that it seemed secret. Very secret. The bartender in The Spot had kept her waiting forever before he told her what it was about. That spoke volumes .

She waited again, powerless like an insect impaled on a needle. But she was used to waiting patiently. As a side effect it gave room for taking breaks in the hectic everyday life. It gave her time to think. She looked around idly in the enormous circular room, with its black floor, the alcoves and balconies, the black shard, the altar and the pews.

OOCWith Marcus kneeling and praying in a pew I felt Amolina can hardly go there and disturb him. In my way of thinking. But you can tell me if you'd like me to add a paragrahp and send her there.
Amolina
Player

Words: 327287
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Marcus Ahysen on April 4th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Marcus could stay in the temple all day if he needed to. In fact, he had done that many times before, kneeling in prayer for bells on end, or just in reflection. Rhysol did not always answer, but sometimes he did. There were many that Rhysol did not touch, but Marcus was Chaon, and he felt the Defiler's touch every day through his mark. He considered himself blessed, and there were few in Ravok who would deny that. To hide himself was difficult, but necessary to further Rhysol and his own ends.

After a while Marcus spied a woman, well dressed, though not as dramatic as the bartender had described, but then again, Marcus was from the noble district. That alone may have not marked her as anything special, rich women still visited the temple as did every Ravokian, but this woman remained for longer than most. Usually, when someone came to pray, they stayed only a few chimes, but she was waiting for something.

Marcus eyed her for a while, keeping his distance. Other Ravokians came and go, but she remained. She had to be the one he was waiting for. Standing, Marcus walked over to the woman, coming up next to her and looking toward the domed ceiling, following her gaze. The mural was one of which Marcus was intimately familiar, having spent countless bells appreciating its beauty.

"Whatever artist painted this mural was truly a master, don't you agree? It speaks to the soul. Hits you right in The Spot."

Marcus made sure to emphasize the words, 'The Spot', breaking his gaze away from the mural to watch her face. If she reacted at all he would know she was the one he sought. If she did not.. well, she might still be the one he was looking for. Hopefully he wouldn't have to come right out an ask, though.
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amolina on April 5th, 2013, 2:26 pm

~ Amolina Moletta ~

Only briefly, very briefly, did Amolina glance at the man that had come to speak with her, before she turned her gaze to the mural, the impressive painting of Rhysol. Was it just her own expectations making her hear what she wanted to hear ? Was the way the stranger had emphasized those words – the spot – only a circumstance, or was it a code to tell her he was the contact she had waited for ? Or was it an expression of an intense emotion that touched his soul ?

Amolina wasn’t sure. She watched the mural with a neutral expression on her face, like she was having a conversation about art. This could also, as far as she knew, be the case.

He might be a bypasser stopping just to say a few words about art, meaning nothing else than that, no hints or hidden messaged there. The man looked to be a common citizen. Albeit she had been living in Ravok all her life she had never seen him before. Oh, well, people like him, people of no greater importance, they tended to not be noticed in the crowd … When he had come walking from the pews it had seemed like he had been there to pray and was now on his way to leave. If he indeed was the one sent to speak with her he could be a middleman, paid for his part of what was going on.

Pray? What could a man like that have to pray for? He didn’t look like his prayers had been heard. No visible signs of success there. Perhaps he just prayed for the usual general things that all people in Ravok used to pray for.

Safety, protection and eternal love. This was what the mural showed, where they stood looking upon the face of the god. In all their days he would hold his hand over them. In his loving care no evil would befall them, no sorrow and no pain.

Rhysol loves the ones that loves him, and the ones that love him follow him, she thought. This in turn lead on to a new thought, intangible, vague as a dream and already dispersing before it had time to manifest in words. Just for a fraction of a second a spike of unfathomable fear shot through her mind and scattered all thoughts. It went away and was gone, but left a shiver deep inside her and a feeling of having touched upon something that wasn’t meant to be seen or touched. Something secret, invisible, unthinkable.

She tore her gaze away from the mural, stopped watching the god and looked at the man. “Yes” she said cautiously. She didn’t dare to jump to conclusions. Instead she decided to repeat his own words to investigate if this would lead him on to say something more that could have with her mission to do, or not. “A masterpiece. It really does touch the soul.” She paused a bit before she added. “On the spot. And the painter must have been uniquely gifted. It’s not the kind of talent you can acquire by simply training.”
Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Marcus Ahysen on April 9th, 2013, 5:06 pm

A hint of a smile crossed Marcus' lips. He had guessed correctly, or so he assumed. She had returned the code, and even threw in the word 'acquire,' adding special emphasis to it. She had to be the one. She did not really look like a thief, per se, but then again neither did Marcus look like an agent of the Black Sun. They were both actors, it seemed, playing a part. But the show had to move on. Act one was coming to an end, and the curtains would soon open on act two.

"Indeed it is. I'm glad you see it that way. I've been looking for someone like you. Perhaps you would like to pray with me? I see that alcove over there is empty, and we can have some privacy."

Marcus shot her a glance before turning and walking over to the private alcove. They were currently the only ones in the room, but Marcus still felt the need to seek out a place where they could be sure they would not be overheard. The alcoves were not sound proof, but they were far enough from the main pews that nobody would overhear their whispered prayers. When he reached the alcove he sat on one of the benches and, assuming that the woman followed, he would begin speaking.

"Rhysol," he said loud enough so that others might hear, "Hear our prayer."

His voice fell to a whisper.

"There is a man, Nolan Parnell, though I do not believe that is his real name. He owns a shop, Ino Vations, which sells poisons, and antidotes for those poisons. In that shop is a ledger, although he may have moved it to his home. I pray that is not the case. That ledger needs to find its way to the altar before the Black Shard here in the temple. It must be left there, and then payment will be waiting at The Spot. It must look like a robbery, the ledger must not be the only thing missing. It must not cast suspicion towards any employee who works at the store. It must be done quickly."

Marcus turned and looked Amolina right in the eyes, searching for some sign that she understood everything that he had said. When she confirmed, he would speak aloud once more so that any who might be within earshot could hear.

"Thank you for hearing our prayer, Lord Rhysol. May we always live in your grace."

OOCSo.. once this thread is over, Inoadar will get in contact with you for the next thread.
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amolina on May 31st, 2013, 5:27 pm

~ Amolina Moletta ~

Amolina listened and being a trained actress she had no problems to memorize it all. She looked back at the man and nodded : "I understand what you mean" she said frankly.

The man spoke once more before he turned and walked away from her. "Thank you for hearing our prayer, Lord Rhysol. May we always live in your grace."

Amolina left the temple. In her mind she went through the important facts :
Get the ledger and deliver it to the altar before the Black Shard. Payment will be waiting at The Spot. Be quick, make it look like a a robbery, and it must not cast suspicion towards any employee.

Next she was going to find a man named Nolan Parnell. The owner of Ino Vations.

End of this thread. To be continued somewhere else ...

On the Books
Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Blooming on June 25th, 2013, 7:15 pm

Congrats! Experience Award!

PC:Marcus Ahysen
Skill: Observation 2
Socialization 1
Acting 1

Lore: Rhysol’s touch is blessing
Elegant woman needs more than just praying
Believing Nolan Parnell has another name

PC: Amolina
Skill: Socialization 1
Acting 1

Lore: Waiting for the nothing?
Rhysol cares about his followers
Nolan Parnell is the owner of Ino Vations

Note: Nice thread there guys! I tried to give as much as I could! Amolina you have an intervention on your CS from Jupiter after you have done it, PM me and I will give your reward too! Again good job and keep writing! :)

If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, please send me a PM and we can figure it out. :)
x

Thank you Phoenix! ~
Blooming
Let Mizahar bloom

Words: 14480
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 10:47 am
Race: Staff account