A knight and a loner.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Known as the Celestial Seat, Nyka is a religious city in Northern Sylira. Ruled by four demigods and traversed by a large crevice, the monk-city is both mystical and dangerous. [Lore]

A knight and a loner.

Postby Titus on April 16th, 2013, 3:54 am

Spring 50th, 513 Av-

Titus walked around the south quarter. Not a place he normally visited but he had heard a rumor of a wave guard being here. He wanted to meet this person. See what being a wave guard was all about. He sighed lightly, no one really stood out to him aside from the monks. He groaned and rolled his neck, pushing past people as he moved. It helped being so big people generally moved out of your way and if they didnt youd just give them a helping hand. He was expecting to see some guy or girl walking around is some fancy suit of armor weilding some fancy weapon. He felt naked without his lance, but he couldnt carry it all the time. It just felt weird to be without it, he was on edge. Not trusting any of the people around him.
Titus
Fight like a man, if that fails cheat.

Words: 57409
Joined roleplay: March 16th, 2013, 12:04 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

A knight and a loner.

Postby Ricky Maze on April 17th, 2013, 2:34 am

Ricky decided to catch a break, his lower torso demanded it now that he covered an excessive amount of area in the southern quarter, though today was only getting started. He had started in the southwestern area of the quarter, practically picked up from yesterdays excurssion, and continued his search for Hannah. He was midway between where he started and halfway through the quarter, which considering the size of the city was an impressive feat for Ricky, one that now took its toll on him.

So Ricky sat down on a nearby crate, and watched the people as the would pass on by. The sun was at its highest in the celestial city, and Ricky found that time was slipping from him. Important time he could spend back at home, a home he left when he wanted to stay and protect. That was now in the past, his choice had been made and he was now going to live with it and focus on finding Hannah; then he could go back home. 'Relax ol' Rick, just relax and breath.' He had a slight sweat from his walk, the warmth of the day even made his short sleeved cotton shirt feel hot. He loved spring weather, but when it came to feeling hot was when he missed just wearing his vest. He made a note to invest in another one when he arrived back home.

'So far we know she's not been seen in the Northern Quarter. The Western has no clue either, and thus the Southern has yet to show any promise. My luck is either 'bout to turn up or plummet deeper.' He looked around to see the brillaint fire read hair he expected to find, somewhere in the city Hannah was here. Ricky couldn't give up on himself just yet. He straightened his back against the wall of a building and relaxed, and allowed the chill from stone to cool his body. His sides bothered him from where his ribs were broken, he'd expected them to have healed by now. He would rest here for maybe half a bell, then continue his search for her. For now though, he just needed his rest.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

A knight and a loner.

Postby Titus on April 18th, 2013, 4:32 am

Titus groaned as he noticed a man resting on a wall. The guy was pretty big guy compared to most. He grunted then walked over to him. "Hey you" his voice boomed loudly enough for others to hear. "Have you seen a knight around here?" he asked. He stood infront of him now, arms crossed looking him over. He seemed abit bothered by something physical and painful. Titus cracked a slight smile. He was lucky that Titus wasnt looking for a fight. He was just wanted to know where this so called knight was. He wanted to know why he was here, and this looked like the kinda guy who might know where he is.
Titus

Character sheet

A knight and a loner.

Postby Ricky Maze on April 18th, 2013, 7:55 am

A voice called out in Ricky's direction which made him look to see a bulky man nearby, his business was obviously important if he wanted the whole lot of the street to hear it. Apparently a knight was in town, or so this man had claimed to believe. Ricky never really paid attention to rumors, not to the ones he didn't need anyway. Still no gossip of a red headed woman came to his ear when he asked around, but a rumor that a knight was in town was something he definitely hadn't heard. "Aye, now that depends really. Are ye lookin to scrap with 'em or buy 'em a drink?" He smirked a little on his own, a chuckle would've escaped were the pain not present to ruin the retort he had made. Ricky wasn't usually one to crack such jokes unless the mood was a fun or merry one, but his attitude needed some enlightenment afted the pain he had to deal with.

"I've not heard of him unless he just arrived, been lookin for someone elsd since I got here from Zeltiva." He recovered should his remark come off rudely to the bulky man, though he didn't seem like he wanted to fight he looked like the type one didn't want to piss off so quickly. "Why? What are lookin for this knight for?" His curiousity was now getting the better of him, and even worse Ricky was now getting nosy in another man's business. What a great way to start off a meeting with someone. Little did he know that this man was actually looking for him, amd by "knight" he was referring to the Wave Guard that Ricky was.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A knight and a loner.

Postby Titus on April 19th, 2013, 2:05 am

Titus looked the man over noticing the pain as he spoke. "I could buy him a drink I guess, I didnt bring my lance... Dont think fighting a knight without it would be smart." he said a slight smile forming on his face. "You look like somethings bothering you, and..." he said stopping when he spoke of Zeltiva. "Oh? Youre from Zeltiva? I plan on heading that way soon. Whats it like?" he asked ignoring the last subject he was talking about. "Yeah. I wonderin what its like to be a knight, all clad in armor and stuff." he mumbled. He sat on a crate and looked at the man. "Im Titus, whats your name?" he asked, looking directly into his eyes. "And what brings you to my lovely corner of the world?" he said jokingly, his eyes rolled as he said lovely.
Titus

Character sheet

A knight and a loner.

Postby Ricky Maze on April 21st, 2013, 2:07 am

'That was a change of things, now he wonder's about my home.' Ricky chuckled a bit as a slight smirk appeared on his face, a deep breath exhaled as he leaned forward to rest his arms on his knees. "Name's Ricky, and I'm not really so much as bothered as I am in pain." He grimaced a bit as he pointed to his lower left side, the area where the first of his two broken ribs was. "Anyway Zeltiva's a grand city, most of the buildings are pre-Valterrian really. We have the Sailor's Guild and The University there, and a good library to go with it." Ricky leaned back up with a small grin again, and his pride in home now showed. "It's my home mostly, and I hope to return again soon as I find my friend. Ain't able to protect it when I ain't there, ya know.

It wasn't so much as a question but more of a statement, for Ricky took his job as a guard seriously. When it came to protecting everything that mattered, home was the best thing to think of. Because for Ricky, everything and everyone he loved was back home. "Tell me," His eyes looked curiously at Titus, "What does this 'knight' look like? And what's his purpose? Does he fend for the people, or seek to find fame and fortune?" If Ricky were to help find this knight then he could at least do with a bit of information. Who knows, maybe Titus has seen Hannah or heard about her at least.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A knight and a loner.

Postby Titus on April 27th, 2013, 1:07 am

"Is it now? What makes you think your friends in Nyka?" Titus asked stareing at the man. "You protect the city?" he asked, wondering if this was the knight he was looking for. "You look kinda beaten up. Get in a fight with someone?" he asked. Why would this guy follow his friend here if he had a city to protect. Wasnt his job more importaint?. Titus shook his head and looked back at Ricky as he started asking questions. "Uh, all I know about him is he's tall and has darkish hair. Im not sure why he's here or what he really looks like. Im assuming he's wearing some armor of some sort. Trying to look more importaint then he really is" he said. His hand kinda making circles as he talked about this knight. "Im kinda wondering why he's here aswell" he mumbled.
Titus

Character sheet

A knight and a loner.

Postby Ricky Maze on April 29th, 2013, 10:30 am

Ricky chuckled a bit as the idea that he was in a "fight" was more like an assault on his part, more or so because he refused to fight back when they gave him the chance. "Yeah I'm a Wave Guard for Zeltiva, we keep the peace and protect our home like any other city guard. Like the monks here in Nyka." He mentioned with a small friendly grin, a little bit of pride in his role as a defender of his home. "I know my friend's here 'cause she left a note, so I took a boat to come here and find her. Made a stop in Sunberth for a couple o' days, and received a friendly 'welcome' from a few of them." He poked around his lower left rib, and found the location of his broken rib as the pressure from his finger fell near it. A small grimace came on his face as the pain was clear, but he had pointed out one of the two injuries he had from the encounter. The other two, thank Laviku, had healed finally.

"If ye ask me," Ricky picked up on the subject of the knight, "A knight is more focused on protectin the people, kinda like a city guard more or less. Except a knight should go where he's needed, help though he can along the way I guess." He gave his honest opinion of a knight, as Ricky never really pictured himself being one. He knew knights and guards were defenders, they both at least protect things that matter to them. "I've not seen anyone that look's like 'em, nor anyone in armor either." The small grin reappeared as it was his turn to ask about the person he was looking for. "Have ye happen to see a lass with fire red hair 'round 'ere anywhere?"
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

A knight and a loner.

Postby Titus on May 1st, 2013, 7:04 pm

Titus shook his head when Ricky was talking about the monks. "So you have pride in your role as a guard? Defending a city from gods know what for people who might not even know you?" he asked. Rather confused, he didn't understand the point in it. Why would you risk your life for some people who wouldn't even care if you died? It didn't make any sense to him. This man, Ricky, was talking about Sunberth and how he received a 'friendly' welcome. "So a guard got the crap beat out of him by some thugs?" Titus chuckled as he asked. "Did you not fight back or something? Maybe you should be traveling with someone" he smiled. "Go where he's needed, help people who you don't know... I don't understand the point of that. Why be a knight then? If you cant build your own legend" he groaned, maybe this knight he was looking for would be so interesting after all. Titus rubbed the bridge of his nose. His eyes opened slowly as Ricky mentioned his friend. "I have not. So you come looking for her? Why? You love her or somethin?" he asked giving Ricky a friendly nudge on his shoulder. "She must be cute if she could pull a guard from his city. Especially one like you, who seems to take such pride in his city."
Titus

Character sheet

A knight and a loner.

Postby Ricky Maze on May 2nd, 2013, 1:16 am

Ricky lost the small grin he had as he found Titus' words were a puzzle, his mind wrapped around them as he thought hard about what the man said; curiosity now filled him up as to why Titus thought the way he did. 'Wonder what kind of petched up business skewed his outlook on things...' He pondered as he decided to finally stand, small discomfort became present in this process; as he silently cursed his injures. "Aye, I did get beat up yea. Only cause I refused to lower myself to their standards, sure I ended up with a black eye, bloody nose, and broken ribs but I still proved myself to be a better man at least." He rested his hands at his waist, his thoughts on the other subjects that they were talking about.

"I knight can be a legend all he wants, but to be famous he would need the favor of the people. Help and serve the people and ye'd be a popular knight, don't even need to be a knight actually. Shyke not even a guard, show the people you care and they will care too ya know." He popped his fingers individually as he continued. "The reason why I protect the people of my city is because among those people there are some I care about, as they've cared for me just the same. Protectin them is just one of the best ways I know to show my care. Why I'm here though is because one of those people left,and she left a lot of questions behind. So I'm here to find these answers, and see if I can't convince her to come back." He explained with a relaxed confident air about him, his mind open to the discussion at hand.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next