Flashback [The Seaside Market] And so they met

(Ximal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Seaside Market] And so they met

Postby Fallon on April 20th, 2013, 9:04 pm

I mean, I know I have layers. And sure perhaps I look just like a boy to him. A pretty boy perhaps… But I’m female! Girl! Woman! I have breasts for goodness sake!
Fallon stared and then blinked. It should of not really have come as surprise to her, it was not the first time she had been mistaken as a boy, and would most likely not be the last. Her back straightened, her hands resting on her lap. It would be better to clear up the confusion sooner rather than later. She cleared her throat, a blush forming on her cheeks “Well… actually I’m a girl.”
Her face was serious, and unwavering in her words. It might have been a simple thing to say, but she needed to make sure it was confirmed and he understood. Not that she did not doubt that he did not understand. Still the conversation so far had proven pleasant enough, besides a bit nerve wracking for her. It was a violent city, yet here she was with a near complete and total stranger, who still continued to give advice to her.

She tugged at the side of her coat, feeling the damp that hung it in, and contemplated removing it for a moment. He was correct about way snow worked. She knew that well enough with her previous adventures and travels. Careful fingers removed the layer, and she spread it out carefully next to her. The extra layer had indeed done its part in hiding the fact she was female, along with a few other things. Her eyes glanced down briefly at the rough bandage she had pulled around her arm. She wiggled her fingers, her eyes checking that her things were indeed still there. She tugged at her shirt, feeling a moment of awkwardness sweep over. Here was a man in his element – or so she perceived – relaxed, calm and composed. And here was her, shivering and feeling the need to constantly be on her toes. She carefully slid over to her things, her eyes training themselves on Ximal before she grabbed her bag. She rummaged inside and pulled out a book, followed by the necessities needed for writing. She gave a blink, and then crawled back to her previous spot. A seeking for her own security, despite there being no immediate danger.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ximal on April 20th, 2013, 10:42 pm

Xi leant back a little using his won body weight to help act as a counterbalance. Pulling back on his head he felt a little more comfortable as odd as it may sound. As Xi relaxed he couldn't help but notice fallon tensing up. Then cam the words which he'd half expected to hear, coupled with her face almost glowing bright red. She was a girl, and he'd been calling her a boy the whole time. Her voice was steady so she wasn't telling a lie nor was she wavering so Xi took it as fact and spoke back in a clam and rescinding manner. "Well i'm sorry for calling you a boy then i couldn't tell due to the layers. after all it 's that loose and heavy. However in this city that's more of a blessing than anything else...Trust me..." Xi held his seating trying to act like it was no big deal however, his last two words would more than likely give away it was a larger problem. Still he tried to maintain his façade as he continued to watch her from behind half closed eyes he could see her playing with the coat...Was that in reaction to his words ?

Before he could say anything she was removing the jacket and he could see behind it quite clearly that she was indeed female. That jacket did it's job very well. Though Xi's eye's swept over the bandage upon her arm. even though his eye's appeared closed he could still see. "Hows your arm...You must have done something pretty bad to need to bandage it." Xi smiled with his eye's still appearing closed even as he watched her fingers move to check that everything was in order which brought a pigment of colour to Xi's face but it was well hidden beneath the beard he sported. He watched her scarper for her bad and didn't make a move to stop her but instead watched her. Seeing her pull out a book and some writing supplies. She shuffled back to the spot she'd picked prior. Xi chuckled lightly ad spoke in a clam voice. "It's alright y'know i don't bite."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Words: 949188
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Fallon on April 22nd, 2013, 12:19 pm

Fallon gave a quick glance to Ximal, her eyes staring almost judgingly at him as she did. They turned away and down to the writing book that her fingers gripped onto. She did not respond to his comment, it was her business after all and had nothing to do with him. Nothing at all. She turned the top of the ink vial, unscrewing the lid and placing it down on the floor next to her with the quill following suit. Gloved hands opened the book, flicking through the written pages where text existed, and on other occasions was nearly absent before suddenly she stopped. She stared down at her own scrawled handwriting, the poor font that had been created because of her panicked mind. Her fingers turned the page to a blank one, and with a flight mechanical movement she dipped the nib of the quill into the ink and begun to write with a shaking hand.

If it could even be called writing. She managed to create a single letter before dragging ink across it, pulling out wild swirls and lines that curled around each other. She lifted the nib, her eyes glancing back at him again. He may of seemed to be resting, but with his speech and comments it made it clear that it was perhaps far from the case.
“Sorry,” she breathed and shook her head “I like having a sense of distance between myself and others.”
Makes me feel safe. No one can hurt you if their near you.
The girl dragged the nib of the quill across the page once more, forming it into a word. Or more over a name. She gave a date, as her mind began to weave together a story that only her imagination could create.

She had missed this freedom of writing. So long she had yearned for the want to tell of stories. She gave a swallow, feeling the cold limbs slowly beginning to warm in the tent. Though barely. The chill made it nearly impossible to make her fingers grip the quill properly. She wet her lips, the single word now forming a sentence.
“So,” she began as a low scratching sound escaped the page “What do you… do in Sunberth I guess?” Fallon lowered the quill for a moment and read the text that she had left there upon the page. It was not much, but it was a start at least

Let us weave a tale to tell, of strange lands and magical sights. Let us create a fantastic story of courage and strength, with the deepest darkness hovering over us all. Let us speak of the path of life that we all must walk.

“I mean, I doubt you would sit around all day in a tent right…?” Or wrong, she could not tell so far. She gave a shudder and placed down the quill once more so she could rub at her hands.
Still not as cold as Avanthal.
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on April 23rd, 2013, 9:09 pm

Xi held his eyes closed or rather half open for a moment before breathing in his usual deep but fast manner. Almost like a feral animal, trying to calm itself from leaping at prey. Xi instead was calm and still, the temperature within the tent slowly rising but before long Xi noticed the heat escaping and brought himself to the entrance of the tent before layering snow up against the door to increase the amount of insulation and lower the amount of heat lost. Eventually the silence within the tent broke and it was fallon to be the first to speak. Saying sorry as she took a breath and shook her head lightly liking to feel distance between herself and others. Xi gave a small smirk and replied with a cheeky tone. "Yeah i kinda learnt that when i picked you up, I'm actually surprised i didn't get hurt any worse than i was, the amount you were flailing your arms and legs about." Xi was about to make a slightly...inappropriet joke when he better side stopped him then and there. Instead he breathed out slowly and listend for fallon to speak again

Thus time though she asked, what he did in sunberth...What exactly did he do? Xi couldn't quite answer that. "I suppose i live...That's about all you can do in this gods forsaken shyke-hole of a city. Still...if i'm honest I'm an odd jobber, people give me things to do and i get it done, anything from carrying things to keeping people safe." Xi shrugged and listened to fallon almost watching the motions of her quill flicker back and forth across the page writing down little odds and sods. Or was she doing something else, was she documenting where he was, what he was doing? Or maybe she was just writing for fu? Xi shrugged and looked at her before asking, about the writing. "Are you writing for pleasure or to calm yourself... Because since you put ink to parchment you've been a lot more...open and mellow about the whole series of events, or rather shoudl i say much more talkative?" Xi smiled and snaked his hand across before yanking the book out of her hands fora second to read what she had written.

Only a brief few words in a series of lines however to most of the illiterate rabble of sunberth they never would probably be able to read it however Xi's mother at a much younger age had taught him how to read and write a little, so he knew at least how to do that.Xi smirked spinning the book in his hands and handing it back to fallon a small smirk scrawled across his face. "So your a story teller ?"

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on April 23rd, 2013, 10:27 pm

Her ears twitched to his words and the movements he made as he worked his way around the tent. The rugged, deep breathing giving away his position. She could not understand why he breathed so. Did he have difficulty in the simple action? Was he sick? Ill with something? Or was there a deeper reason behind it all. She tugged at her shirt collar. Whatever he was doing however was a mystery to her, she was too busy writing at the time. Or at least until she saw those broad fingers peer over the edge of it.

Fallon blushed. A deep red crept up her neck and across her cheeks the instant Ximal snatched the book from her. Her eyes widened slightly, and she felt her lips move, a demanding tone escaping.
“Give it back!” she sent her hand out to grab at it. She watched the smirk form upon his face as he read, her throat tightening as she tried to summon out thought. She looked away out of embarrassment. A stranger was reading her work, and he was laughing at it. Laughing. She knew she was not any good on the story telling front anyway, but having him do that did not exactly boost confidence. She wrung her fingers together, her lips pursing as he passed the book back “It’s bad I know.”
Her hands took it, or more correctly snatched it back. It was closed shut just as quickly and held almost defensively against her.
“I’m not a story teller;” she shook her head at his question “Well I wish… but no, never will be. Not good enough for that sort of thing.”

The girl sat there in her awkwardness for a moment, wrapping herself in silence. She gave a blink at him, and cleared her throat.
“I enjoy writing, but I know it will never amount to much. I find it calming, and relaxing. Helps me feel, well like me. Don’t laugh. Just don’t,” she explained herself before immediately changing to a different topic “So, odd jobs? A handy man. Guess that means I’m going to have to cough up for you intervening earlier.” Her shoulders had hunched in as she spoke, regressing back into herself. The closeness made her a little uneasy, the near possibility of touch. Yet it was not his eyes that she was fixed upon, it was his hands. The hands that had taken her book, which had picked her up and grabbed her. If he did not worry about those actions, then surely he would not be afraid of performing others.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on April 23rd, 2013, 11:19 pm

Xi watched fallon squirm as h handed her back the book her posture and demeanour changing he even caught the shriek from her as he yanked it away prior. Xi instead chose to just watch her for a moment a simplistic action depicted that she was protective over her own works. she still had flush of red in her face even as he'd handed it back but her words gave away a lot more than she was probably intending. "How can something that's barely started be bad ? And you think you'll never be good enough to be story teller ? well with that mentality odds are you wont. It's all about having the confidence to go for it, if you do there's very little anyone else can do or say to stop you. I also quite liked the opening...It's nice to see someone within this city that's got an interest beyond petching, gambleing, drinking, and fighting. I know it's not much but i think the opening four lines are very good. Even though there's only four lines. Xi smirked a little more, he wasn't laughing at her work he was genuinely happy to see someone within that city who couldn't at the very least was more interested in their work or their passion than the carnal desires that most had.

her next words again chiding herself but her jibes toward him indicated more towards payment. for intervening on her problem. Xi then chuckled lightly. "Guess you could call me that, but no the first ones on the house. best way to get people wanting more of your help, give em a free sample." Xi's fingers interlaced and he pressed his palms out flat cracking every knuckle more or less in order barring the middle finger of his right and and he little of his left. "Still, did the writing to become calm come before the being calm to write? Or was it vice versa ? Either way i'd recommend you keep it up, after all i wouldn't mind reading that story that your working on, i mean you may put yourself down but that's self judgement." An honest smile on his face as he noticed her eye's focusing on his hands as he move them about and then he brought them up in a creepy gesture. "I have my hands under control you know, i'm not some big scary madman. Not yet at least." The last line in a very joking tone to see if she'd react to it as such.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on April 24th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Fallon swallowed. The statement had thrown her to say the least, a compliment of sorts that caught her off guard. It was unexpected, and as the girl turned herself further away from him. Her cheeks still burned as he continued, along with that fixated smirk that had plastered itself there. She gave a wince at the sound of cracking knuckles, the words of what sounded like a business man talking. It made her wonder for a moment what other tricks he might have up his sleeve.
“It was the calm to write,” she managed to say “I use to write a lot more when I was younger. My mentor use to say it helped in finding a state in which one could achieve and express without being muddled up in words. And you’d be surprised about what can and can’t be bad. I mean you can write some pretty bad things in your time, but the good stuff… the good stuff is straight from the heart. And when you read it, or write it,” she gave a shrug as she spilt what could be deemed as nonsense “Well it just makes you feel alive I guess. Like you’re there in the flesh.” Her grip tightened around the book, before relaxing “That might just be me though.”

There was the quick joke about having his hands under control, a quick attempt at humour that was met with silence. Fallon stared at him. Her expression turned dead pan, her lips parting as it fell into almost a look of concern. She backed away at the gesture, before averting her eyes down to her book.
“No… Sahova has all the madmen after all,” she gave a mumble, her fingers patting against the side in rhythm. She did not look impressed to say the least “Very mad men.”
It was a sore topic for her, and one that she would not willingly share. Or at least not with a load of probing and questioning. The book was placed down, and quick hands sealed up the ink vial. “Yes… read it. Perhaps one day. I mean, if you’re still interested by the time it comes around.”
She wrung her fingers, feeling the rough leather of gloves upon her hands along with the worn holes that existed there. It was clear by her face that she was slowly calculating costs in her head, from the future possibilities from Ximal helping out to the necessities for travelling. She had after all had no immediate plan to stay in Sunberth for too long after all.
“So…” her eyes darted about as she searched for a means to continue conversing “You’re an odd jobber, who lives in Sunberth who can read and write.” Fallon trailed off as soon as she had begun, conversation had failed her and left her in a state of awkwardness she could not escape “Did I miss anything?”
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on May 2nd, 2013, 4:22 pm

Xi watched fallon shifting rather uncomfortably in-front of him. Was he making her nervous or was she just being paranoid about him? Then came the reply to his first question. The calm to write. A good thing too. Xi lifted his hand up behind his head and crossed his legs leaning up. It was nice to be able to speak to someone else without. Well having to act like a monster. Whose this mentor she mentions? And the good stuff ? The good stuff being straight from the heart? Xi smirked again that silly mire plastered across his jaw almost as if it was painted on. "I remember being told once...That, the best stories often have a grain of truth to them. Some times it's better to embellish the truth, than it is to just make something up." Her next words brought that smirk into a smile, plain and simply. It's her escape...Her freedom...And it's one that's easily attainable. "It's your freedom...Your way to leave your mortal bonds and view somewhere from the perspective of a god. Or at least, a spectator. It's nice to have the ability to weave words into a tale that can transfix an audience. And it's even better to have that power. I often wonder...Are we living in a written book ? Enacting out or thought's and feelings to the whims of a god? If that's the case...Then...Well, i'd like to see that it doesn't end before it's time. The view of your own world... Enacted through the scrawling of ink upon parchment, forming infinite possibilities...It's a nice thought...Or so i think."

Then there was the whole joke fiasco, which came with a sharp and swift retort...She's well versed in her words...She wields them like a blade sharper than any steel. "I'm sorry about that, i can see that joke was both in poor taste and lack of manners...I'm guessing that you had it tough in this "sahova"...I can see the glint clear in your eyes. It's not one that's easily lost...The glint of a survivor." The mood within the small tent came to a very sullen and low point even as the temperature within rose there was a very evident chill on the air. Through the mood shifted a little with her words. "I would like to read it one day, when you finish it, consider that a form of payment for any help you wish of me whilst your here in sunberth. A good tale, can earn many a favour." Xi sighed slightly and hung his head with the remembrance of him stating what he was. "An odd jobber, i do what needs doing. Though it's not the most lucrative business...But it gets the food on the table... figuratively speaking. And what of you "miss. fallon" An educated woman such as yourself with a survivors mentality, who can write and enjoys weaving tales...An odd combination, however i'm not one to judge just speculate."

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Fallon on May 2nd, 2013, 9:23 pm

Fallon contemplated Ximal’s words for a moment, a small frown forming on her face at his musing. She held it for a chime or so before it eased off. There was a quick nod in understanding, or more correctly an agreement. She could not knock his words for they had been carefully thought out and worked upon. And they were honest, or at least sounded so. She felt her fingers stroke the cover, her eyes staring down upon it with thought before she looked upon Ximal. His words were a lot more encouraging that she was letting on; it gave her a gentle push of confidence that was much needed at present. She looked away for a moment, a brief curl of her lips hovering there before withdrawing “One day. Might be a while, but one day I’ll let you read it. One day. Once I think of a good idea.”

He was however right about the survivor, and Fallon was not about to deny this truth. It was already a defining feature about her, enough so that even a stranger had noticed it. She gave a quick swallow, before forcing her gaze up at him.
“Judge all you want Ximal,” she was direct with her words this time “We all do it even if we don’t mean to. And educated? I wouldn’t call myself that. I’m no genius; I’m no great Professor of Nader-coach or writing. I’m just… well as you said a survivor. A survivor that has just had the opportunity to stop for just a little while and allow herself to be what she was dreaming off before,” she looked away for a moment, her brow creasing lightly “a writer. Nothing more, nothing less. Though… you most likely would believe there to be something else behind that. Or am I wrong?”
But as soon as her question was asked, did she begin to shake her head. She rubbed at her face and inhaled deeply.

“If I write a book… what would you like to read about?” she asked, as she opened the book once more and prepared herself for taking notes. She was being serious, if not in her face then by the actions “Can be anything. Anything at all.”
A gamble? Perhaps, but it was one that Fallon would have to take. She loved writing, so would no doubt produce something eventually. She just needed an idea, a starting point to work from. If she was to make the dream become a reality, then she would need a foundation to build upon. But whether or not this near stranger would help her with that had yet to be determined.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ximal on May 3rd, 2013, 7:49 pm

What was it with this woman? she seemed...oddly disliking of Xi. Something about her mannerisms was leading Xi to believe that she didn't like him what with the constantly glaring look and the drawn out frown. One day, he'd be allowed to read it. when she thought of a good idea. Xi arched an eyebrow. "All ideas are good, it's just the execution that often fails the idea." Though her continuance of her speech lead Xi to latch onto more than she was possibly willing to give. She wasn't educated, well that meant that this place which she was from the ability to read and write was considered commonplace. So anywhere outside of sunberth then ? Not much of a narrowing factor. The ability for him to just all he wanted earned her a swift reprisal of his words. "No one person is better than another, and it's a good thing to remember that everyone is equal until they prove otherwise. Might i ask, what in the name of ivak's breath is "nader-coach"? And lastly a survivor is only something another survivor sees. Trust me, everyone in this city will see that glint. Some may even fear you for it. But everyone here will know it."

Though as she continued she wasn't exactly wrong, he did suspect that she was something more than a simple writer but should he ask? Would it get him anywhere? Would it earn him anything that could be of grater use? No. All it would earn him was a sneering look of being told that she was right. "Your right i do think that your something more than aq simple writer, however what you are is of no concern to me. Your life and your choices are your own. Whether or not you wish to divulge them is your choice. However...You've made it a little easy to guess about your history." Xi inclined his head to the side and brushed off his last statement as she asked hui about what he'd like to read about. "Adventure...There is something pulling about the feel of being bale to see the world for what it is. Viability in searching for a path that is free from danger yet lets you see the valiant efforts of another...Though personally, i'd rather be the one that's read about...Whose feats are thing of legend...But it's a fools thought, your name is only sung in glory if you have money and power, your path is only revered if you've the right stature to grease the right hands."

Xi shook his head his face sinking back into a slight solemn look as his mind tugged against him reminding him what he'd lost as his price for freedom, his ticket to adventure, his admission fee into the world and his way of breaking the bonds that held him.

"Common" "Myrian" "Nari"
Ximal
No man is free

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes